It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Pays $998,798 for sending two 19-cent washers to Texas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation If this isn't any indication of the type of administration we have in office, I don't know a better example. Of course I know the pentagon exists outside the whitehouse, but this whitehouse is different.

An automated billing system right?

1995 - The Paperwork Reduction Act

The brainchild of Al Gore....

As an early pioneer of the “Information Superhighway” (his coined term), Al Gore’s push for The Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 was ultimately a push for digital workflows within the government. The act aimed to make government information economically and efficiently accessible through information technology, and thereby lessening the consumption of paper documents.

www.investintech.com...

Come on, why will some people place every evil and every problem in the world at the doorstep of "this administration"???

Our governmnet is too big, and as others have stated, structured to allow this kind of thing.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This is a prime example of why the US is lieing when it says it can not adress the humanitarian issues with the world. We cant even solve the homeless problem at home , cant educate our young people, cant keep our working calss out of the financial red zone, cant properly fund our social services, cant equip and train our soldiers adequately, cant afford to treat our ill, cant afford to secure our country and its safety issues. We cant do squat, yet we CAN allow the pissing on my head, trickledown theory, to justify these"responsible men" getting all these absurd amount of money because they are the ones to drive the ecconomy. I'm sure that washington was aware of this , I'm sure plenty of people get money like this. They think they have a right because they are in offices of power and are so leaders of men, and have the PRIVALEGE. Yet we fight amongst eachother and say this one is a thief and that one is a scum bag. those people are low lifes, and those are hedans, all the while the worlds elite are in the bahamas eating pineapples and sipping on rum. IT IS ENOUGH TO JUST BURN IT ALL DOWN!!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
"Welfare Queens" anyone?

Gotta love those white-collar criminals. They steal abundantly more than the average thief, pickpocket, or burglar yet everyone looks to the impoverished communities for America's major criminals and societal drains.

These stories annoy me to no end, and corporate welfare just keeps growing and growing. A high percentage of big business doesn't even pay taxes thanks to the loopholes in place to keep them all in the clear yet thats not enough...they need to really stick it to you with no-bid contracts that deliver substandard to despicable work.

The FBI claims that white-collar crime costs the United States an estimated 300 billion a year and we're all more likely to be affected by it than any other crime. Yet the media has us usually looking everywhere but the target we should be focusing on to actually fix this economic mess we're getting into.

Leeches, all of them.
Take the RICH off welfare first.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky

An automated billing system right?

The brainchild of Al Gore....

Guys, I do not dislike the protocol. It could've been around for years. But this total stacked up on THIS administrations clock. It just fits with my assumption that they lack critical accountability. It is not hard to cross reference invoices to payable totals.

Umm... An audit would've found this immediately. I wonder why they didn't want a full scale audit?

My prediction... This is JUST the Begininning of the what will be uncovered financially.

btw, how could you point the finger at the creator of this operating procedure? Ideally, it is a good idea, that is if you have someone bookkeeping that isn't a box of rocks.

AAC

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
This probably isn't the best source, but if you do a little digging, I'm sure eveyone can come up with more exact figures from a more reputable source.

Just a note - some years ago in college, a very liberal and atheist political science professor of mine strongly advocated reading the Christian Science Monitor as an even handed non-sensationalistic news source.

The Monitor is about as reputable as it gets, having won 7 Pulitzer prizes.
Unfortunately, its propensity for eschewing sensationalism has resulted in some serious financial troubles (go figure).

They were one of the first newspapers with an on-line edition, one of the first with a PDF edition, and pretty early into RSS feeds.

So I think you can rely upon what you read in The Monitor with at least as much confidence as what you read anywhere else.

Just sayin'.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

From wiki:

THE DOCTRINE OF ODIOUS DEBTS

In international law, odious debt is a legal theory which holds that debt incurred by a regime for purposes that do not serve the interest of the nation should not be enforceable. Such debts are thus considered by this doctrine to be personal debts of the regime that incurred them and not debts of the state.

Thats what I think of it.

Sri Oracle

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Yep. A perfect example of the type of administration that we HAD in office. The CLINTON administration! As I recall Bush didn"t take over untill Jan. 2001.

Your point? It started in 2000 and went through 2006. That is five full years this administration had to uncover the treachery. You think that the Bush Admin is exempt because they didn't create the procedure, they just allowed people to rip it off for millions?

Please explain.

AAC

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Those trillions of dollars are being used to fund US black projects, like the space fleet that British hacker Gary McKinnon stumbled upon in his hack investigations into federal computers.

They are pursuing him is because of what he might have seen: specifically, documents revealing a list of "Non-terrestrial officers" and off-world cargo operations somewhere out in space, hinting at the real possibility of military activities taking place in relation to other planets. Such a possibility has got to be mind-blowing to the average person who barely grasps that there might actually be aliens from other worlds interacting with earth and governments in the vicinity of our solar system.

Source

Additional reasons, derived through logical extrapolation, is to bankroll:

1. The creation and expansion of an off-world infrastructure of bases; and,

2. The covert colonization of other solar systems.

All of which takes a great deal of money and resources.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Your point? It started in 2000 and went through 2006. That is five full years this administration had to uncover the treachery. You think that the Bush Admin is exempt because they didn't create the procedure, they just allowed people to rip it off for millions?

Please explain.

AAC

What's your point about attacking the current administration with this?

The system, that was exploited, was installed by the previous administration. There's plenty of blame to go around. The main problem is that we have a system that would allow this to even happen. Ever wonder how those outrageous prices that the Government pays happen? The original $20,000 toilet seat was found during the Carter administration.

Administrations come and Administrations go but the bureaucrats are there forever. That's how problems like this occurr. There is no system of kickbacks or greased palms, there's just the bureaucracy. If you had any idea of the cost of the stuff that I threw over the side of the ship when I was in the Navy, your head would spin. We did a spot check before an inspection and found that we had more cases of hydraulic fluid than we were supposed to have. If it was discovered the Squadron's budget would be reduced by the cost of the excess fluid, even though we had already paid for the fluid. There was NO way to return the excess fluid to the supply system, so we threw it over the side. Figure 35 cases at $1800 per case for an idea of the cost. Later on in the same cruise we had to have hydraulic fluid FLOWN out to the ship due to a shortage.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
My cynicism for this administration is well warranted. The reason for my post wasn't to lay all the blame on this administration, although I felt obligated to associate, considering Bush's defense secretary Rumsfield admitted to pentagon financial shortfalls three years ago.

All I'm saying is this could have been easy to uncover, if there were any intention to uncover it in the first place.

AAC

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
Those trillions of dollars are being used to fund US black projects, like the space fleet that British hacker Gary McKinnon stumbled upon in his hack investigations into federal computers.

I agree 100%
how do you think black projects get funded?
anyway I know this will sound ignorant but I'm all for it, we need black projects to keep this nation the superpower that it is.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I can't wait until the government runs our health care too.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think the fundemental reactions and views have been mentioned so I would just like to add.

On behalf of Uncle Sam and the Military Industrial Machine. We are at War and it is not for you, the citizen, to question our methods. The reason we aren't winning this war is because you the citizen do not sacrifice enough! How we spend your money is none of your concern. Now back to work and pay your TAXES!

[edit on (8/17/0707 by arloray]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkheartrising
I agree 100%
how do you think black projects get funded?
anyway I know this will sound ignorant but I'm all for it, we need black projects to keep this nation the superpower that it is.

With taxpayer's money, among other things. I remember reading that agencies were required to list all of the funds used for black ops in a single sum with no specific details. Of course, accounting mishaps and other sources of income (like organized crime) probably make the number on paper much smaller than what is actually spent. Anyway, who's to say that it is black projects keeping us in power?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Best. Copout. Ever.

it's totally strange how people are supposed to swallow this hook, line and sinker with zero credible evidence (taking pics off an open port from a gov't source makes it about as reliable as the rest of their stuff which noone trusts either), when it's completely insane to even condone the scenario you outlined, if it were actually true?

sorry, using this kind of logic you could justify anything.

PS: if the money is really being spent on some kind of parallel world, we will regret it on an unimaginable scale, how people can openly advocate and condone such a strategy is beyond me, because absolute power corrupts absolutely and if you think the hundreds of thousands of people who go missing (see: www.abovetopsecret.com... for an example) live on 'other star systems' i got ugly news for you: those who 'went missing' in Europe in WW2 didn't end up on 'Zeta Reticuli' either. chances are, the parallel world exists, but i'd wager it does not have much to do with space fleets....

All of this talk reminds me of the phrase Devil's Advocate, in a slightly different meaning than intended, of course.

Originally posted by Luap
...Anyway, who's to say that it is black projects keeping us in power?

if anything, black ops and projects are keeping *them* in power.

[edit on 17.8.2007 by Long Lance]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
But I thought the gist of this story was that this company was basically embezzling the money FROM the Govt??
So they didn't notice a shipping charge of $998,000 but they will hound poor old Citizen Joe for those $1500 unpaid taxes till the day he dies.
The Govt needs the money you know.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
The Monitor is about as reputable as it gets, having won 7 Pulitzer prizes.
Unfortunately, its propensity for eschewing sensationalism has resulted in some serious financial troubles (go figure).

No disrespect for the CSM. I had just never used it as a news source before. You don't see it referenced, here especially, as much as MSN, CNN, or BBC. I'm not saying they're better or worse. Just more common.

Especially on ATS, when some people look at a news source with the word Christian in it, you're likely to get more replies on that than on the actual topic.

I think it's a great source of news ... I was just looking to keep the thread on topic and not set adrift on the topic of Christian News.

Thanks for the info, though. I may sign up for their news feeds now that I know.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
Best. Copout. Ever.

it's totally strange how people are supposed to swallow this hook, line and sinker with zero credible evidence (taking pics off an open port from a gov't source makes it about as reliable as the rest of their stuff which noone trusts either), when it's completely insane to even condone the scenario you outlined, if it were actually true?

sorry, using this kind of logic you could justify anything.

Hook, line and sinker?

Hardly.

I prefer people to develop astute analytical skills and be able to use inductive and deductive reasoning, as well as logical extrapolation, in making their conclusions on any given subject. Experience also helps a great deal. The government has been caught trying to deceive the public on a number of occasions. They are still at it.

What was that job of yours again?

Federal disinformation agent?

If it were all complete and utter nonsense then why is the US government going to great lengths to extradite Gary McKinnon from the UK and put him away for 70 years in a federal prison?

Obviously, there is some truth to what he has uncovered through his hacking into classified, albeit inadequately protected, government computers.

In the video interview it is even said that the main reason for his probable imprisonment is because of additional information that he may have obtained but has yet to release to the public.

Do you know the meaning of damage control?

Originally posted by Long Lance
if anything, black ops and projects are keeping *them* in power.

That is exactly the case.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
"An automated billing system right?

The brainchild of Al Gore.... "

Exactly how do you equate this with an automated billing system? It is nothing of the sort. It was a program to eliminate paperwork by going electronic. It has nothing to do with any sort automated billing system.

"The system, that was exploited, was installed by the previous administration."

Really? What "system" did they "install?" Please point me to a link that says the Clinton Administration made the military change their procurement system.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
the government once gave me a an extra 1000 in one month in my check....when i went to finance they had no clue what i was talking about...and one of them told me to keep it....so i wrote down their name and stuck it on my fridge....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join