It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Pays $998,798 for sending two 19-cent washers to Texas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm sure there is allot more to this story than is being made public. There is just no way that something like this happened without the government knowing. They monitor their accounts very closely.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
If it were all complete and utter nonsense then why is the US government going to great lengths to extradite Gary McKinnon from the UK and put him away for 70 years in a federal prison?

Obviously, there is some truth to what he has uncovered through his hacking into classified, albeit inadequately protected, government computers.

You espouse "astute analytical skills," but here you ask a question and assume an answer that confirms the beliefs you already hold. Surely, this guy found some things in his hacking adventures; also, surely, the US government wants him imprisoned because he committed a crime and embarassed the federal government.

No logic from the above two premises would allow you say with any certainty that "Obviously, there is some truth to what he has uncovered..." Whether or not this guy is nonsensical or revealing the hurtful truth, the US government would be trying extradite him because I'm assuming he broke federal law by hacking into classified information.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Luap]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkheartrising

Those trillions of dollars are being used to fund US black projects, like the space fleet that British hacker Gary McKinnon stumbled upon in his hack investigations into federal computers.

I agree 100%
how do you think black projects get funded?

It's generally unclear how black projects get funded. That 's one reason they're called black projects, in addition to being unaccounted for. Maybe there are systems that in place that channel clean money, tax payers money, to finance black projects, but there isn't any evidence to support the claim. I seriously doubt that two joy riding ladies who found a hole in the Pentagon's billing system had anything to do with black projects. Sounds like they just found a way to get over and got caught. Anyway, we can't be too sure if the news source has attained a credible report for the story. After all, apparently, none of us were involved. Still, though, one can speculate.

Personally, I think black projects are funded primarily by dirty money. Contraband; drugs and firearms being the biggest cash cows. I think there's plenty of evidence available to back this claim up. A cronology of fundraising through crime by the at least one branch of the government.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Areal51]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

What was that job of yours again?

Federal disinformation agent?

If it were all complete and utter nonsense then why is the US government going to great lengths to extradite Gary McKinnon from the UK and put him away for 70 years in a federal prison?

yeah, i'm of course a federal disinfo type of guy who 's using the curious argument that gov't sources, which are usually frowned upon are suddenly totally reliable as soon as they throw someone who stumbled upon an open port (if that's the real version, dunno) into jail. btw, did you even read what i wrote? about missing persons and all. my version might not be sexy but you'll have to admit that there's more tangible evidence on missing persons than space fleets. i'm not willing to debunk the whole UFO topic as a whole, but would you allow f-ex. crop circles if you had space supremacy? would you create them if you were with them and why?

in case you haven't noticed, unnecessary brutality and wanton power grabs are in season, chances are they are persecuting McKinnon to make an example of him and this 'open port' was a mere honey pot filled with disinfo so people would then start to chase their own space fleet fantasies, because that's exactly what they want to believe, isn't it?

thus, it's a simple non-sequitur. they can do this to anyone, heck they are even sending people to secret camps in eastern europe and elsewhere, the difference being... you guessed it... media attention, that's all. see:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Q: would you leave your secret files on servers connected in any way to the outside world, let alone via internet? with an open port?

strains credulity, imho.

[edit on 17.8.2007 by Long Lance]

link   
i heard an am radio report late yesterday afternoon that said one of the ladies had killed her self. did any one else here that report?

link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
if anything, black ops and projects are keeping *them* in power.

[edit on 17.8.2007 by Long Lance]

True enough. Black ops are the epitome of the national-security state. "We are spending your money, for your security; that's all I can tell you, for your security." It invites a great abuse of funds and power, and I'm sure there are plenty of people lined up for that invitation.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
this story is almost too incredible. a few hundred thousand per shipment of nuts bolt screws? If its that easy to fool the accounts payable of the us government imagine all the more complex scams going on right now being used as we speak. this crime was unnoticed for way to long. Maybe the person in charge is one of bush's appointed members. After all he did recommend a house cleaner to a very high position. thank god that went nowhere or maybe this was her mess up.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luap
Surely, this guy found some things in his hacking adventures...

He sure did.

All of which points to the conclusions I posted earlier.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Well, u know there's that famous line on "Independence Day" wherein this is proposed as the mechanism whereby Area 51 is funded.

I think this is closer to the truth. So many of you have said "how can they miss such a HUGE oversight" and "what fools for trying to rip off the government" but who's to say they aren't in cahoots? Where did the money go afterwards? They could just be laundering the money for the government in which case that's precisely why nobody has caught on because it's business as usual.

It's not just my inherent distrust of the government that makes me say this it's the fact that the government repeatedly cannot account for vast sums of money that go missing each year. See:Where is the money?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51
It's generally unclear how black projects get funded. That 's one reason they're called black projects, in addition to being unaccounted for. Maybe there are systems that in place that channel clean money, tax payers money, to finance black projects, but there isn't any evidence to support the claim. I seriously doubt that two joy riding ladies who found a hole in the Pentagon's billing system had anything to do with black projects. Sounds like they just found a way to get over and got caught. Anyway, we can't be too sure if the news source has attained a credible report for the story. After all, apparently, none of us were involved. Still, though, one can speculate.

Much like them avoiding full disclosure about their knowledge and interaction with extraterrestrials (Zetans specifically - if you believe people like retired US Army Sgt. Clifford Stone and engineer Bob Lazar), the government will never come clean with what they do with all that unaccounted for funding. To stay in power, it is in their best interests not to do so.

Originally posted by Areal51
Personally, I think black projects are funded primarily by dirty money. Contraband; drugs and firearms being the biggest cash cows. I think there's plenty of evidence available to back this claim up.

Logic dictates that that plays a role too. But the lion's share of funding comes from the taxpayers, which constitutes a great deal more.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
What I'm wondering is if they, those who are responsible for finacial recovery, will release a public accounting of how much money they were able to recover. I mean, $20.5 million is a lot to recover. I can't imagine that those two ladies took that many vacations. Sounds like they bought a couple homes, but still, $20.5 million? Seems a stretch to be so confident about recovering such a large sum that was spent over such a long span of time. The news article is pretty vague on what the women bought and invested in.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I wanna sell the pentagon some nineteen cent widgets!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

Guys, I do not dislike the protocol. It could've been around for years. But this total stacked up on THIS administrations clock. It just fits with my assumption that they lack critical accountability. It is not hard to cross reference invoices to payable totals.

Umm... An audit would've found this immediately. I wonder why they didn't want a full scale audit?

My prediction... This is JUST the Begininning of the what will be uncovered financially.

btw, how could you point the finger at the creator of this operating procedure? Ideally, it is a good idea, that is if you have someone bookkeeping that isn't a box of rocks.

AAC

You absolutely can blame prior administrations as well for not putting checks and balances in place to police this type of issue when the concept was sent live. The only thing you can blame this administration on for this issue is not finding it before now. Yes military spending is way out of control and has been for decades. There’s only one entity that can be blamed for this and it’s the pentagon plain and simple. They set this form of procurement up to get parts in the hands of soldiers faster. They instituted no oversight what so ever for this priority procurement.

It does not surprise me that it went unchecked for so long.

Government audits? Do they really have them? That’s the joke here I think. And that’s where the issue lies, not totally with Bushco but with the MIC and every administration that turned a blind eye. This falls in the Secretary of Defenses lap anyway you slice it.

Now we know why Gin Rummy decided to UN ass the AO. I think this goes way deeper than anyone thinks. These two women milked just 20 million over the course of years. How much has really been stolen from our taxes. Trillions IMO.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
I'm sure there is allot more to this story than is being made public. There is just no way that something like this happened without the government knowing. They monitor their accounts very closely.

Not this form of procurement they didnt . This priority procurment system had absolutly no oversite until recently.

``The majority, if not all of these parts, were going to high-priority, conflict areas -- that's why they got paid,'' Stroot said. If the item was earmarked ``priority,'' destined for the military in Iraq, Afghanistan or certain other locations, ``there was no oversight.''

Scheme Detected

The scheme unraveled in September after a purchasing agent noticed a bill for shipping two more 19-cent washers: $969,000. That order was rejected and a review turned up the $998,798 payment earlier that month for shipping two 19-cent washers to Fort Bliss, Texas, Stroot said.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Surely, this guy found some things in his hacking adventures...

He sure did.

All of which points to the conclusions I posted earlier.

When I say he found something, I meant he found some thing. Maybe he found some boring blueprints of a new naval battleship, or maybe he found some boring memos between CIA staff members, or maybe he found plans about some interdimensional military task force. I have no idea. The only point I wanted to make was that he found something, and that anything was too much for the US federal government.

Basically, Paul, whatever this guy says isn't "truth" just because he is a criminal according to the US government.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Corruption is in endemic, not just now but throughout history. Any one ever read the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire? If America can be compared with Rome in our own decline, then we have much worse to look foward to. The Military will take over, leaving the vestiges of domacracy for ceremonial purposes so as to hypnotize the dullard masses. Then we'll have a new leader every couple of months because of routine assasinations.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Logic dictates that that plays a role too. But the lion's share of funding comes from the taxpayers, which constitutes a great deal more.

That's impossible to prove, since taxpayer funding is relatively accountable compared to illegal funds. That said, the "illegal" economy is gigantic. I've heard that Moises Naim's book Illicit: How Smugglers, Traffickers, and Copycats Are Hijacking the Global Economy gives a good account of how much wealth is transferred through this underground network. I heard this from John Robb, who says in his book that "these networks form a parallel 'black' global supply chain, having a GDP of $1 to $3 trillion (some estimates have put this as high as 10 percent of the legal global economy), and are growing at seven times the rate of legal global trade." (Brave New War, pg 149) Such a vast source of (increasing) wealth would seem to invite the manipulations of all sorts of organizations, including the clandestinate intelligence communities around the world.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Basically, Paul, whatever this guy says isn't "truth" just because he is a criminal according to the US government.

What the government "says" is the truth is largely irrelevant, since they are known to further deceptions in order to cover themselves.

Moreover, what Gary McKinnon found only serves to confirm what others have found out independently - some of which are former governmental insiders.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 420prajna
Corruption is in endemic, not just now but throughout history. Any one ever read the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire? If America can be compared with Rome in our own decline, then we have much worse to look foward to. The Military will take over, leaving the vestiges of domacracy for ceremonial purposes so as to hypnotize the dullard masses. Then we'll have a new leader every couple of months because of routine assasinations.

You are quite right.

A number of the signs which indicated the decline and eventual fall of the Roman Empire are in our society now. My mother, who was a high school history teacher, used to elaborate on that in her classes.

An unstable period is definitely approaching.

To state that a new leader will emerge every couple of months, I'm not too sure about that.

To state that there may be a military coup at one point in our future...

That is definitely a possibility

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

What the government "says" is the truth is largely irrelevant, since they are known to further deceptions in order to cover themselves.

I agree. The government has much to gain by spreading falsehoods. So does this Gary guy, hiding out from our government. I consider myself a skeptic; I apply that skepticism to a government agent as well as an anti-establishment individual. I heard a wonderful Chinese saying along the lines: "Those in the middle of the road get hit by traffic from both ways."

Moreover, what Gary McKinnon found only serves to confirm what others have found out independently - some of which are former governmental insiders.

Some links to those independent investigations would be nice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join