It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA TV does not want to show live nightvision from STS-118?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
[edit on 17-8-2007 by prometheus1]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well, you know there is this private launch port owned by Bigelow Aerospace.

www.bigelowaerospace.com...

They have lots of cameras attached to their recent "air bags" in orbit. We should ask them if they have an IR camera pointed at the earth and if they don't, design a imaging pack of our own.

I bet if we stuck a paypal button up here on ATS for a truly "public" camera of the earth, it might happen!

Screw NASA, they aren't here working for YOU. They have a space station to maintain and thousands of employees to pay with government subsidy.

Bigelow on the other hand is in it for profit all the way. I can't imagine him saying no to more money for a camera pack that's better than what NASA has up there, just to show off!

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yea I thought about this too, I think I remember them saying on C2C they would'nt sensor anything from their camera's. Are'nt they in much lower orbit than the shuttle/ISS though? They dont update their camera views very often at all though.

Originally posted by TheExaminer

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

ignorethefacts I would say it pretty much spot on their is so much space junk out their that WE have put their in the first place that indeed reflects light, bits that have come away from booster seperation etc in fact it was stated some time ago that the debris itself could cause a threat to future shuttle missions,look at Columbia okay they are saying that it was damage on take off but do we have solid proof of that it may just have been some debris flying by as they were nearing the re entry phase its such a delicate process of getting people into space.

SPQR

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Originally posted by earthchild

If you don't want to use any of your common sense or logic or reason here is a picture of King Crater on the farside with its beautiful green 'hanging gardens'. Sorry you can't see the 'green'. NASA doesn't shoot color for very obvious reasons. (AS10-30-4356)

wow what an awsome picture!, thanks John, you can clearly see the foliage
as a darker grey color, i can picture this one with corrected colors easily being dark green foliage everywhere.

is this picture from the near side or far side? do you have anymore examples of this?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildone106
This is a different one, the shuttle is'nt changing direction either:
www.youtube.com...

first of all, you dont know if this is the normal speed of the video, (and its not, its a lot slower...)

and second, what is that mist thing that you see right at the time the object changes direction? and then the camera changes direction...

so simple...

ok, so the video is slowed down, the mist is probably the shuttles maneuvering thrusters firing, making an ice particle or whatever change direction, and then the shuttle moves, its not the camera.

now doesn't that make more sense?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Trust me, if there were real UFOs being recorded by NASA cameras it would be mainstream and undenied by NASA. Imagine the budget increase they could get with that kind of news.

actually the air force and navy would have first dibs as a "defensive" measure. So no Nasa would actually LOSE money with disclosure.

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
And there are simply TOO many people and employees involved with each mission to keep anything that potentially earth shattering a secret.

it only takes one man to keep a secret... compartmentalization happens even in standard public access businesses to keep developments secret... do you really think everyone at NASA knows all of their secrets??? ROFL as you've said more than once... use some common sense... only those who need to know will know.

Coven Out

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
No.
The camera moves clearly, not the shuttle ( the earth horizon does'nt change either) And if it WAS the thrusters they spurt quite a large amount of gas, the change of the object would be abrupt not a gentle slow direction change.

So I think your quite wrong..

Btw the 'mist' is clouds over the earth. opps another nail in that theory. nice try though

Originally posted by nightsider2007

This is a different one, the shuttle is'nt changing direction either:
www.youtube.com...

first of all, you dont know if this is the normal speed of the video, (and its not, its a lot slower...)

and second, what is that mist thing that you see right at the time the object changes direction? and then the camera changes direction...

so simple...

ok, so the video is slowed down, the mist is probably the shuttles maneuvering thrusters firing, making an ice particle or whatever change direction, and then the shuttle moves, its not the camera.

now doesn't that make more sense?

[edit on 17-8-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

A common misconception fostered by NASA. There is plenty of organic life. There are trees, grass, meadows. flowers, rivers, lakes, its all on the farside though. The nearside is barren, desolate, a wasteland of craters, mountains, ridges and canyons. They call the canyons 'rilles' because they don't want you to think anything is earthlike up there.

Hey John, in your opinion, do you think that China's space program will be more forthcoming about the far side of the moon? It was recently announced that "China will survey every inch of the moon". What do you think about that?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheExaminer

They have lots of cameras attached to their recent "air bags" in orbit. We should ask them if they have an IR camera pointed at the earth and if they don't, design a imaging pack of our own.

I bet if we stuck a paypal button up here on ATS for a truly "public" camera of the earth, it might happen!

Screw NASA, they aren't here working for YOU. They have a space station to maintain and thousands of employees to pay with government subsidy.

Bigelow on the other hand is in it for profit all the way. I can't imagine him saying no to more money for a camera pack that's better than what NASA has up there, just to show off!

What a great idea, the paypal button i'm saying. i would definetely contribute and get my dadda to throw in some money also. the bigalow camera sounds like it would be faster though. i just think that they would get a visit from a couple guys dressed in black suits (if they haven't already) and be "advised" to "let" NASA "preview" what they release to the public.
no it has to "our" camera to get an honest view of what is out there.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by more_serotonin_pls
I admit that it might be me failing to understand things, but for the moon to be desolate on one side and teeming with organic life on the other strikes me as a little odd.

mps, I'm not saying that Iceland is comparable to the moon, but it does present us earthlings with an example of that might be considered comparable to what John Lear is talking about. Iceland is 3/4ths barren of vegetation. Perhaps a somewhat similiar situation exists on the moon?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Interesting idea about Iceland. It's worth bearing in mind, but what I'm getting at is that is seems a little 'convenient' that the side of the moon that we can see is barren, but the other side isn't.

I don't mean convenient in a cynical way either.

It just all seems to be a bit too perfect. Maybe it's planning, maybe there's a scientific theory. Who knows?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I very well do think there's vegetation on Mars, I can't say the moon, but it seems likely. I'm a big believer in the moon-landing hoax.

On topic, some have said it's uninteresting to continue broadcasting at night. If it's at earth, well, of course they would, normally. Have you ever seen the images of what Earth is supposed to look like at night from space?

www.oklo.org...

And if pointing away from Earth, well, then I can maybe understand.

But I do believe that they don't want to pick up anything they don't want us seeing, say a triangular hunk of 'space junk' floating in our outer atmosphere or 'little chunks of space junk catching light' as they zips past the shuttle.

Now we wouldn't want that, would we? Our public would go all Orson Wells War of the Worlds broadcast on us!

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Originally posted by Areal51

Hey John, in your opinion, do you think that China's space program will be more forthcoming about the far side of the moon? It was recently announced that "China will survey every inch of the moon". What do you think about that?

Neither China or Japan or anybody else is going to the moon for pictures or samples or anything else. Its ours. We've been there for 45 years or better. And nobody else is going to butt in. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I think at the world there's too much B.S. sellers and some of them flies here also.

Major thing these award winner B.S. sellers have to understand is that we're (the majority of us i hope) NOT total idiots.

So please stop the large scale selling campaign of boring "ice particles" , "you don't unerstand physics - who means they always do it better,
" , "this is nothing because xxxxxxx" - "excuse #9999999".

The good sense that we have includes an "hoax detector" as well as a "B.S. excuse/denial detector".

Is there an original resolution archive for the space shuttle night vision transmissions?

[edit on 17-8-2007 by mystr]

I love higher resolutions....

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
So how will we or 'they' stop China from launching its forthcoming survey mission..will it explode on the pad or will there be some other crisis to (conveniently) avert it do you think?

Neither China or Japan or anybody else is going to the moon for pictures or samples or anything else. Its ours. We've been there for 45 years or better. And nobody else is going to butt in. Thanks.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51

I see. So since, according to you, we are apparently already established on the Moon, there's no room for more members to join the party? Is it possible that China's assertions are directly linked to whatever it is that you know or speculate to be occurring on the Moon? China seems to hold quite a bit of the United States debt, so much in fact, that if they cut all of its U.S. debt holdings the U.S. economy would, reportedly, be ruined. Seems if China has the capacity to go to the Moon that China will go to the Moon. Do you not think that China has enough leverage to go to the Moon if it wants to?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Pro and cons, true an false.

But now i'm watching again nasa tv and NO dark face of earth at all.

When the sun goes the images goes too. When it returns, the images do it as well.

This is the reality. I'd like to know how many dark passes will be broadcasted at the end of the mission.

The numbers speaks by themselves, no opinions, no bull#s.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I thought city nightlights are visible in the darkness?

Originally posted by mystr
Pro and cons, true an false.

But now i'm watching again nasa tv and NO dark face of earth at all.

When the sun goes the images goes too. When it returns, the images do it as well.

This is the reality. I'd like to know how many dark passes will be broadcasted at the end of the mission.

The numbers speaks by themselves, no opinions, no bull#s.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I thought city nightlights are visible in the darkness?

I don't know.... the fact is that we haven't so much material to work on...

You american taxpayers, make them hear you voice! Just claim a live 24h cam on the shuttle

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join