It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA TV does not want to show live nightvision from STS-118?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Didn't NASA cease all live video broadcasts on shuttle missions? Everything is now fed though a delay isn't it?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystr
Today i'm watching several STS-118 orbital cycles from NASA TV and when the dark portion of earth is approaching they systematically shut down the live video link from the spacestation/shuttle cameras.

Are they became tired about all those clear nightvision ufo sightings from previous shuttle missions?

[edit on 16-8-2007 by mystr]

I think it was just a coincidence that you watched the live transmission
interrupted at that precisely moment. During the STS-118 mission there
were live transmissions at night time and also in infrared wich are in
some way exciting.

These frames are from day 5 Sunday August 12, 2007 during a live
transmission that lasted for about 10 minutes without interruption.
The images show some stars in space, our planet and also some
suspicious lights above wich may be city lights or something else.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Refresh my memory, but doesn't NASA have couple of those fancy video cameras that go into IR and UV spectrum?

They choose to filter those out because obviously there are more things out there that are outside than inside the visible light, even during the daytime. I understand that for all intended purposes, having IR or UV during a space walk makes no sense because those on the ground need to see what's happening, but when they are just coasting along it costs nothing to have the filtering off or to even filter visible light and pass IR or UV.

Everything has already been paid for by the tax payers and I do not see any other "scientific" reason as to why they wouldn't keep their "webcam" on during idle times. Perhaps a petition is in order to force NASA to air live footage in IR/UV while idle in orbit, and stream it over the Web.

Heck if we can see a live cam from Paris, Budapest, Moscow or Tokyo for free, I do not see what difference does it make to have an orbital cam on as well from NASA.

Alternatively, I propose we work on our own vehicle, a one way ride for our modded webcam (Logitech with IR filter removed
). Obstacles to overcome: propulsion and communication (transmission only). Navigation is not an issue, it's a one way ride anyways...so any takers?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Great topic op, you've been starred.

I was quite excited by the news that google will collaborate with NASA in the google-space project.

NASA and Google to Bring Space Exploration Down to Earth
As the first in a series of joint collaborations, Google and Ames will focus on making the most useful of NASA's information available on the Internet. Real-time weather visualization and forecasting, high-resolution 3-D maps of the moon and Mars, real-time tracking of the International Space Station and the space shuttle will be explored in the future.

"This agreement between NASA and Google will soon allow every American to experience a virtual flight over the surface of the moon or through the canyons of Mars," said NASA Administrator Michael Griffin at Headquarters in Washington. "This innovative combination of information technology and space science will make NASA's space exploration work accessible to everyone," added Griffin.
external source

It seems that NASA (according to some), aren't willing to reveal the truth. Now I'm interested in why NASA is so mistrusted. Have they been caught out lying or something? Perhaps I'm not as switched on as some, so maybe someone can explain.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by styxxz
It seems that NASA (according to some), aren't willing to reveal the truth. Now I'm interested in why NASA is so mistrusted. Have they been caught out lying or something? Perhaps I'm not as switched on as some, so maybe someone can explain.

I think many of us here do feel they are hiding stuff from us. Actively as a matter of fact...

Starting a number of years ago, NASA started feeding all shuttle broadcast videos on a delay, after a couple incidences of unusual objects being filmed only to be switched off as quickly as they could get it. After a couple of these experiences, NASA (I believe) began to run a delay on 'live' video broadcasts.

NASA also added secure radio channels to the ships, in order to be able to converse with Astronauts so the public cannot pick up the transmissions. NASA indicates its so they can talk about medical concerns, but they seemed to be okay using regular radio for this type of stuff for years. Yet there is a specific instance when a transmission was picked up (supposedly) of an Astronaut saying "Huston this is Discovery, we still have the alien space craft under observance" (though some purport this to be a hoax). This transmission did not get broadcast over NASA's radio feed but was able to be picked up by those using their own radio equipment to pick up the communications. There are more situations similer after NASA added the secure radio where an astronaut will seem to mention something interesting, then all transmissions in both directions appear to stop (leaving some to assume they used that as a queue to switch to a secure line).

NASA created a speech code for the Apollo astronauts to describe the backside of the moon on the moon missions. As to why they needed code, which has never been fully revealed, to describe what should be just a rock in space is rather curious. There is one instance of an astronaut talking excitedly about what he is seeing on the back side of the moon, and NASA repeatedly tells him to go into the speech code they set up until he finally does it... (Read #5 on this list)

There is also a recent incident when two astronauts are working outside the shuttle (I believe, or the space station) and one of them tells the other guy there is something on is right (or left?). The astronaut who is being told this seems to not understand and the first astronaut repeats it a couple more times. After this you can here NASA interjecting saying "stay on vector" effectively meaning to cease discussing what they were talking about and to focus solely on what it is they were working on. (I've seen the video for this but can't seem to find a clip of it. I think it may be part of the video 'Secret NASA Transmissions' which is fairly long and available on Google Video)

Then there are other things such as the fact that NASA won't release full resolution images of Mars. We know from public disclosure of NASAs publically funded satalites what resolutions the on-board cameras get, so this is no secret. For some reason, NASA will NOT release full resolution images to the public, and when they do releases, they're generally a few months after their taken. These combined seem to indicate NASA is hiding something. And, as I said, since we know the specs for the on-board cameras, its not like revealing US spy satalite pictures, because we KNOW what the cameras are capable of, so assuming there is nothing top secret going on on Mars, there is no reason to with-hold those images. (they do have high resolution photos, but its still a far cry from the full resolution images from what I remember reading. I can't seem to find where I read this at this time).

[edit on 8/24/2007 by bobbyt]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

John, why don't you think the Apollo astronauts do not come forward with more info about what's up there, UFO's and the dark side of the moon? About what they've seen up there? I mean there's only a few left and they aren't young wiper snappers anymore. Buzz has hinted at it. Cooper also. Why do you think they don't say more about what's going on? I know loyalty/orders is a big issue, but it's gotta be eating at them. At least I hope it is. Your thoughts??

Thanks Q

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Some from the same series:

NASA's crappy ZOOM©

Have you (sure you have) seen that when they zoom in nightvision mode some 'mysterious' FOG appears, obscuring 80% of the view?

I wonder how crappy (or intentionally featured) a camera must be, to cause this sort of effect.....

Notice that this does not happened to the russian mir's space station cameras.

Oh....may be they forgot to turn off some BIG SPOTLIGHTS inside the shuttle/iss cockpit so they get a reflection from the glass they're looking through.............very professional.

UPDATE:
Maybe instead of zooming function they have a......'target and obscure!' function on their cameras.....

[edit on 25-8-2007 by mystr]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
If you remember the past NASA mission STS-117 there was the
" Worm " incident when the Atlantis undocked from the ISS and
the Atlantis camera kept transmitting live while moving away.

Suddenly an unknown worm shaped object appeared aside the
ISS spinning and passing by slowly. The sequence was not
interrupted at any time and then luminous objects appeared
one by one also passing by in a surprising sequence that placed
NASA in trouble. The incident was discussed in the next press
conference and the media kept asking NASA executives about
the worm object and the unknown lights around. It was certainly
an embarrassing moment for NASA. At the end the incident was
not explained and remains unsolved.

In the last mission STS-118 shuttle Endeavour NASA made sure no
incident like that would repeat at least not to the world's eyes. They
implemented the slideshow mode in their transmissions and instead
of keeping the action rolling the undocking sequence was transmitted
in slides, freezed frames in random sequence wich resulted a deception.

It's clear to me that this slideshow was planned to be able to review
and censor those images with something suspicious around meaning
ufos. These slide sequences were also presented several times during
the mission but the most frustrating was of course the Endeavour's
undocking wich I'm sure NASA still had the Atlantis/ISS worm images
in their mind.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Hey thanks for the info Bobby.

I wasn't aware NASA delays it's LIVE feeds from space. I can certainly see how this could be seen as suspicious. I expect there are other reasons for this, but the fact their not saying can only lead one to read between the lines.
I've seen some clips from the secret NASA transmissions. NASA's explanation of space debris seems plausible to me but I'm not completely convinced.
Well you've given me plenty food for thought, thanks..

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by styxxz
Hey thanks for the info Bobby

Unfortunatly I cant seem to find anything which might hint at this now, but interestingly I did find a story trying to refute this. I do remember seeing this in a ufo documentery I saw on tv a number of years ago, with a clip shown prevously showing a strange object, then the camera cutting to inside the shuttle with an astronaut seeming to express confusion without acknowledging the object directly.

[edit on 8/25/2007 by bobbyt]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by darkheartrising

Every nation has it's Hero's some that we ow our lives to !!!!!!!!!

SPQR

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Its ours. We've been there for 45 years or better. And nobody else is going to butt in. Thanks.

Thats where I got it from.

Who wants the moon a piece of rock and dust, however will it save our kind as the earth is getting so messed, it might well be our own salvation.
as its only 238,857 miles away.

Unless of course you want to "blast it to in to pieces" with a Ray gun.!!

SPQR

[edit on 17/08/07 by SPQR]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
unless CNN makes it an all day event on this issue ..there will be non
believers

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Karma2600

Interesting. Here are a few sentences taken from www.iter.org which is a joint project to build a fusion reactor that will be twice the size of St Pauls Cathedral, London.

'' Fuels other than (D-T) could be used by a second generation of fusion power plants. Reactions involving these advanced fuels, which might be possible in the long term, produce fewer high-energy neutrons (D-D) or no neutrons at all (D-3He). They require no tritium-breeding blanket and induce a lower level of radioactivity in mechanical structures. However, much higher temperatures than for the (D-T) cycle would be needed to ''burn'' these fuels. Moreover, although deuterium is very abundant on Earth, 3He is found only as a trace element and WOULD HAVE TO BE EXTRACTED FROM THE SURFACE OF THE MOON '' ( emphasis added )

This could explain why Japan and China have recently launched probes to the moon. The ITER reactor is a joint project between the EU/ CHINA / JAPAN/ India/ S Korea/ Russia/ and the USA.

[edit on 19-11-2007 by pippadee]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
NASA is hiding digitally compressed and encoded black and white video from the NASA TV channel signal they allow us to watch. It is piggybacked on to other video on the regular downloads. The black and white cameras have all the fancy filters that allow them to see any of the ever-present objects that follow all shuttle flights. Before the NASA "Tether" video went public, black and white video, which represented 50% of all video on NASA TV was black and white. Today it is 99% color and very "managed"!

<< 2  3  4   >>

join