It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could edgar cayce see the future

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Then you would do well to LEARN and APPLY the scientific method to investigating the questions which come up in your mind.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by youngskeptic

Yes, I think Cayce had special clairvoyant powers. His time and energy were spread pretty thin. Sometimes he was plain wrong. Over all I feel he was the "real deal".

Take care. --------------PC

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pc is here

Yes, I think Cayce had special clairvoyant powers. His time and energy were spread pretty thin. Sometimes he was plain wrong. Over all I feel he was the "real deal".

Take care. --------------PC

And I believe he was a fake. I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Believe - OH i thought we were in this discussion to find out from an objective POV - obviously you started this thread to present reasons you have discovered to support your personal opinion (opinion = incomplete understanding)

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
obviously you started this thread to present reasons you have discovered to support your personal opinion (opinion = incomplete understanding)
That is kind of the point queenannie? You know you like to preach open mindedness and yet you have not open up yours your mind to my arguments.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

YOUR arguments are based on

James Randi's OPINION
your OPINION

If you present facts and support for those facts, then my mind is completely open I enjoy investigating.

However, your opinions don't = facts.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I THOROUGHLY enjoyed reading queenannie's replys. (Very accurate, mature and open minded).

Based upon your responses youngskeptic to what was an obvious attempt to help you answer your question(s) (which was completely disregarded based upon faulty evidence and obvious misinformed opinion) I have decided not to help you with this thread. I just went camping for 5 days and was looking forward to this thread. Now that I see how it has evolved AND the fact that all the answers you need are at your finger tips, helping you would be like trying to start a car that has no engine...

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Yes it is my "OPINION" that Edgar Cayce is a fake but I offer a lot of evidence to support my position

All quotes are on this thread

No facts? Really? I looked through all my posts on this thread and found several facts to support my theory that edgar cayce is a fake.

1933 Gives reading 3976-13 in November, which praises Adolf Hitler.

"is no secret that his cures were quite similar to the 'home remedies' described in the handy medical encyclopedias that were bedside reading in many rural homes in the late 1800s."...
The Earth's magnetic poles did not flip-flop in 1998

He could not find any buried treasure

Gardner notes that Dr. J. B. Rhine, famous for his ESP experiments at Duke University, was not impressed with Cayce. Rhine felt that a psychic reading done for his daughter didn't fit the facts.

made other predictions concerning such things as the Great Depression (that 1933 would be a good year)

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grock
I just went camping for 5 days and was looking forward to this thread.

I would love to go camping but cant because of bad back

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by youngskeptic
I looked through all my posts on this thread and found several facts to support my theory that edgar cayce is a fake.

Please elaborate in depth, then, including historical references from such places as news and other reports given in history. Also, please include quotes and reading #'s so that we may be on the same page, so to speak.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by youngskeptic
1933 Gives reading 3976-13 in November, which praises Adolf Hitler.

You would do well to cast away the current public opinion of Hitler and, with a truly open mind, delve into the documents and things of that period which tell the TRUTH of both WWI and WWII....

It is NOT at all what we have been led to believe.

There are NO heroes or villains but there are men who acted sincerely and with integrity and there are men who lied and manipulated to get what they wanted.

The only one not remaining to tell his side of the story is the one upon Churchill and FDR and others chose to place the blame of a war which ALL had an equal part in starting and participating in.

History is available...but not in the established lore we tend to call history.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
queenannie: I really enjoy your posts on edgar cayce, and i wish your posts were non opionated non adultered truth. I'm not flaming you or trying to start a who's right argument, but when you post your reply is it a post from not a believer or a skeptic? But someone in the middle, like a non biased view? Mainly because cayce is interesting but sometimes i don't know if he was the legit thing or not considering everyone says it's not and it all boils down to brain chemicals. It's hard actually opening up at least to what he foretold. Since he was wrong about bemini and partially right about a vault under the spinx. Also do you know if cayce ever predicted another depression/crash in the near future?

[edit on 23-8-2007 by malakiem]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by malakiem
queenannie: I really enjoy your posts on edgar cayce, and i wish your posts were non opionated non adultered truth. I'm not flaming you or trying to start a who's right argument, but when you post your reply is it a post from not a believer or a skeptic? But someone in the middle, like a non biased view?

I am someone who has studied the readings (and I have full access to all of them; I joined the A.R.E. for a year specifically for the purpose of investigation) in depth yet not yet as thoroughly as I plan to, in the end.

Anything I am prone to want to believe, I investigate from the point of view of an extreme skeptic; that is, if I tend to be on the 'pro' side (when uninformed) I then create, for myself, a debate within my mind wherein I take the 'con' side and try to disprove that which I was wont to believe.

I find, that way, that my personal desires and hopes do not interfere with the process of investigation. And all the time I have studied Cayce, I have tried and tried hard to find a hole in the readings. So far, I have found none. But, like I said, I'm not done yet.

I also am an avid researcher of all eras of history in all lands and cultures...and when I don't know something, I find out. I don't look for information from sources which give themselves away as partial toward one side or the other (and THAT is something that those who are partial do not see themselves and therefore is not hard to spot, at all!).

Mainly because cayce is interesting but sometimes i don't know if he was the legit thing or not considering everyone says it's not and it all boils down to brain chemicals.

That's why nothing can ever replace the value of personal investigation. Of course, the investigator must be motivated by one thing and that thing must be pure: just to KNOW the facts/circumstances. Most people don't realize that the motivation of their investigations is to find support for the opinions they already hold dear and to which they are extremely attached.

As far as brain chemistry, I don't understand what you mean by that? Could you please explain?

Also do you know if cayce ever predicted another depression/crash in the near future?

I do have some information regarding that; I'll have to search and return with that info shortly. Please come back and see what I find.

thanks

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Excerpt: (© A.R.E.)

TEXT OF READING 3976-8
January 15, 1932:

13. (Q) What is the cause of the great economic depression and when may conditions be expected to become normal in the United States?
(A) The United States may not expect to recover sooner than another nation, unless its basis for recovery is FOUNDED IN that that brings peace, harmony AND understanding. As it, the United States, (in the present) is the leading nation in attempting to give an understanding of the principles of "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself," it stands above all others in its financial, in its social positions in the world; yet it has faltered, and - as of old - when troubles arise, when fearful conditions beset thee, the same answer as was of old, "Know ye that SIN lieth at THY door!"

TEXT OF READING 311-8
April 9, 1932:

11. (Q) How much longer will this general depression last and when will we begin to see a definite improvement?
(A) In the Spring of '33 will be the real definite improvements. There will be periods, to be sure, of much better - and periods of 'all gone to pot!' - but the definite periods, as we find in the present, would be in the Spring of '33.

TEXT OF READING 3976-15
January 19, 1934:

In America in the political forces we see a re-stabilization of the powers of the peoples in their own hands, a breaking up of the rings, the cliques in many places.

Nothing specific is given; largely because in all things the readings emphasize that while the planets of our birth influence to some degree, and our other experiences (past lives) exercise a slightly greater degree of influence, in all things FREE WILL is the rule…and so what we do, as individuals and as nations and as the human race, is what truly will determine the outcome of all things. Certain possibilities are laid in place due to what has already been built and established by our attitudes and actions in the 'past' but for the most part, when talking about prognostication (looking into the future), the readings make it clear that what is given is possible outcomes if this or that is what takes place toward same. This is no different than the nature of prophesy as it always has been, down through the ages. Most assume prophesy means literal prognostication (telling of a future already written and unchangeable) but if one truly studies the prophesies in the Hebrew Bible, it is apparent that they consist of warnings and the consequences of either heeding or ignoring same. The word prophet actually means something along the lines of 'mouth of God' - IOW the prophets are the translators/communicators between man and the Creator.

And the general idea I get from the readings, regarding the future of America, is that if we do NOT keep the golden rule/2nd greatest commandment as our IDEAL in practice, then we will not fare well. However, if we, above all things, live the ideal of loving our neighbor AS OURSELF, we will surely prosper and be a blessing for both our homeland as well as the whole world.

In ALL things, the readings glorify Christ Jesus as 'THE WAY' and say that Jesus, the man, is the ideal, and Christ is the consciousness which is raised therein.

Another significant saying or two from the readings:

The MIND is the builder and your LIFE is the result.
Thoughts are things.

We are told that we can make each of our earthly material experiences, with what we each are given, into either a CRIME or a MIRACLE!

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
It has now become abundandly apparent that there is a serious lack of understanding on ATS about Edgar Cayce.

youngskeptic,

I believe that (though I may be wrong) QueenAnnie and I were once in the same position you now find yourself in. I too was once (and without a doubt still am) a skeptic too. I believe a moderate balance must be found to consolidate the 2 halves of such understanding. ie... It is always wise to keep an open mind, but not too open that the wind blows through, but not too closed that the mind gets no wind at all.

I have decided because of this to start some Cayce threads of my own, but I have alot of research ahead of me before I do so. As the seeker of knowledge that I assume you are (I HIGHLY dislike the word assume btw but sometimes its appropriate) Id like to show you a few thing about ol Edgar that I think you may not be aware of.

First of all I think a good look at his biography will give you a more complete understanding of the person he was in his every day walking around daily life - www.near-death.com... - for starters, and I especially think this one may be helpful - www.edgarcayce.org...

Be aware that this was (originally) a man who had no knowledge of what he could do, and once he found out he could do it, disliked it and wanted nothing to do with it. It wasnt until he realized that he could help people that he decided to continue with it. He started out by helping people with physical difficulties (you can read all this for yourself) and a very vast majority of what he said was actual and factual. (the only failures at this time was because alot of doctors thought it was 'quackery' and didnt want to help their patients - a thought that alot of people here on todays ATS seem to subscribe to).

I'll save you the rest for now, but know this as well - when reincarnation was brought up in his readings - as well as astrology, prophecy, ancient cultures etc... (we'll get to that later) it was against his religion and he AGAIN wanted nothing to do with this... Only after THOROUGH study of the bible (btw, he read the bible once for every year of his life - religiously) was he able to see that yes, these readings do NOT condradict the bible.

Please read the sites I posted above, and remember this - A prophecy fulfilled is a failed prophecy (so I can easily see your arguement, though I may think that you hold on to it too doggedly).

I hope you find what you are searching for, though we may disagree, I am at your service.

Grock

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
queenannie: thanks for the reply! What i meant was how people usually think all parnormal, nde's, spirtual encounters have something to do with brain chemicals. Like how doctors think when we die that's it, and what we see when we die is just a hallucination caused by dmt. What goes with that is all the spiritual encounters i typed earlier. So sadly not many people put stock in these experiences because of our brain chemicals and when something spiritual happens they tend to fire off. Anyway, thanks for the reply, this is what i meant, hope it helps.
Oh and do you know if he gave any future depression readings for the present time? Like for in the future, another depression that would come years and years after the 1930's one?

[edit on 24-8-2007 by malakiem]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
malakiem,

Edgar Cayces maxim of 'Spirit is the life, Mind is the builder and Physical is the result' has far reaching implications. For example, he once stated that everything of a spiritual nature in man (ESP, Telepathy etc...) also has a physical side to it - the edocrine glandular system. Which basicly translates that our body chemicals released by our glands are the physical result of 'extra sensory' abilities. The Pituitary (sp?) he said was the 3rd eye. So what this means is that yes, both sides of that argument are true ie... out of body experiences (for example) are both spiritual in nature AND chemical in nature. Body chemistry is the result. Depression is a body whose chemicals are out of balance. This can be changed thru 'spiritual practices' like meditation, positive thinking etc. as well as proper diet and various use/disuse of medicines.

I may not be getting this idea across very well at the moment (im very tired and about to take a nap) but I hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
this guy is a nutcase.
anyone who praises adolf hitler is no friend of mine.
and no one should believe his ludacris ideas.
they're the ravings of a madman.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by youngskepticFirst it is a fact that Edgar Cayce home remedies did come from medical encyclopedias at the time queen

Second Just because James Randi might have got a few facts wrong in his book does not mean the hole book is full of lies.

Third my mind is open to Science qeennannie

Have a wonderfull day

youngskeptic, your facts do not explain the events. How and when would Cayce look up these remedies? It would be amazing if he had memorized all of the encyclopedias and then, in the sessions, retold each remedy for each condition by memory. Also, not all his remedies were to be found in medical books at the time.
As for Randi, all I can say is that he cannot explain how many of the greatest magicians 'illusions' are done. How can he claim they are fakes, when he cannot himself explain them, nor can he do them himself. That he cannot do them, nor explain them, tells me he doesn't know what is being done. So, imho, Randi's debunking is a valuable, yet limited, power.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
This thread seems to have risen from the ashes....

I found this particularly funny:

Second Just because James Randi might have got a few facts wrong in his book does not mean the hole book is full of lies.

Seriously, you pick and choose a "few facts" that Cayse got wrong and use that as a foundation to call him a complete fraud. Why doesn't the same logic apply to your chosen debunker?

Nothing better than a hefty dose of hypocrisy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join