It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could edgar cayce see the future

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I say no he can not predict the future!

1933 Gives reading 3976-13 in November, which praises Adolf Hitler.
1934 Gives reading 3976-15 in January, which calls into question Hitler's destiny because he has allowed imperialism to enter in.
1938 Gives reading 1554-3 in March, which calls Germany "a smear upon its forces for its dominance over its brother; a leech upon the universe for its own sustenance."
1939 Gives reading 257-211 in September, less than a month after the beginning of World War II, which states that Hitler's future will be "death."

[edit on 15-8-2007 by youngskeptic]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
As a lifetime member of the A.R.E. and one who has studied the readings extensively for the past 20 some odd years AND and a high school history teacher I can tell you this concerning your post:

A) Hitler started out as good dude for his country (he actually did alot of good things in the early part of his reign).

B) Negative forces entered into the picture at just the right/wrong time (criticly crucial) and subsequently had a major influence in world events.

(remember, whether we have been this or that in various past lives, it is up to us TODAY to do with what we are given... Hitler 'had the ball, but fumbled it' so to speak)

and

C) A prophecy that proves correct is a failed prophecy. To look ahead and say "this is what will happen if things continue along this path" is what prophecy is about. DO SOMETHING about it (omens, signs, prophecy - they are all the same ie indicators of the path ahead) is the main message with any and all prophecies.

Here is a good example of the principle Im talking about:

Imagine that you have buckets of paint of each color of the rainbow (spectrum) ie. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet...
If you mix yellow and blue you WILL get green (any color directly between two other colors will be the result of mixing those two colors)...

BUT

You dont have to mix yellow and blue, maybe I decide to mix red and blue, or orange and blue....

in other words, you mix these things together, you WILL get this specific result, BUT you dont HAVE to mix those colors together, you could CHOOSE to mix other colors... certain circumstances MANDATORILY make certain things happen, but you dont necessarily have to make those circumstances happen, you could CHOOSE to do other circumstances.
(I may not be expressing this concept clearly enough, but I hope it helps)

BTW I highly advocate an indepth study of everything Edgar Cayce, but be warned, those who are ignorant will try and put you down for what they themselves have not thoroughly studied and have no idea how to understand... just ride it out and do what you got to do.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Thanks for responding GRock!

A)All that proves is that Edgar caycy can read a newspaper(Since Hitler was named Chancellor of germany on January 20,1933)

B) Can you please tell me what negative forces you are talking about?

C) Is your point that the future is not certain and and any minor altercation can change it? I think that is what you are saying but I could be wrong

I am sure a couple of people will try and put me down but most people on this message board are good people who want to debate me instead of making fun of me.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by youngskeptic
I say no he can not predict the future!

1933 Gives reading 3976-13 in November, which praises Adolf Hitler.

I have in my possession a 1933 Encyclopedia that praises him for his turning of the Economy around.

[edit on 8/16/2007 by zman]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
And what does that prove Zman? That just proves that Edgar Cayce can read a newspaper

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Though I know nothing about Cayce compared to the ARE fellow, I know a bit. First, Cayce is often dismissed as being a fraud with no special talents based on the findings that sometimes he was wrong. What about the 10s of 1000s of readings he gave that were right? I think it is over 20 000. It is not unusual for someone to be wrong.
Could he see the future? Yes, I think so. That belief is possible for me because I know for sure that some people do see the future. Doubt me if you wish, but I don't desire to convince anyone of my own views. I have seen the future myself. Rarely, and precognitive dreams are different than premonitions in that precognition means the person only learns later that they saw the future when the scene unfolds. But still, my precognitive dreams were accurate and inexplicable.
Someone who never saw such a thing is likely to scoff, and I understand that. But I only share what I believe, and don't worry whether others believe me.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
Though I know nothing about Cayce compared to the ARE fellow, I know a bit. First, Cayce is often dismissed as being a fraud with no special talents based on the findings that sometimes he was wrong. What about the 10s of 1000s of readings he gave that were right? I think it is over 20 000. It is not unusual for someone to be wrong.

How could he have gotten 10s of 1000s when he only did 14000 readings? I really doubt that he is that accuract blackguardXIII

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII

How could he have gotten 10s of 1000s when he only did 14000 readings? I really doubt that he is that accuract blackguardXIII

You got me. You likely know more accurately the exact number of readings than I. But I did say I know little, and I think it is over 20 000, so while you may have informed me of a more precise number, you seem to have ignored the point I was making. If your post was intended to inform me that I was right, that I do know little and that I was wrong in my recall of the sum total by quite a bit, then it succeeded.
But my point was not to tell others the exact number of Cayce's readings, it was to point out that we all make mistakes, and that Cayce was right a lot of the time. Maybe you could tell me approximately how many times he was right and how many times he wasn't. That would be appreciated, and it would be a post that would contribute to the topic at hand.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

But my point was not to tell others the exact number of Cayce's readings, it was to point out that we all make mistakes, and that Cayce was right a lot of the time. Maybe you could tell me approximately how many times he was right and how many times he wasn't. That would be appreciated, and it would be a post that would contribute to the topic at hand.

I don't sorry but know one knows Edgar Cayce accuracy rating.(If any one claimed they did those people are either liars or just wrong)

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Edgar Cayce really didn't 'see' anything - he was a channel in that lifetime - asleep each and every time he gave a reading....

it was not him who spoke but the higher self of the person requesting the reading

and also it was often one of two of the seven spirits of G.O.D. who continually serve before the throne of G.O.D.
two archangels: Michael and Heliel.

Michael was the gentler of the two and referred to himself as the 'keeper of the way' - the way being Christ (first in earthly incarnations and now as a consciousness permeating all MIND).

Heliel was a bit more authoritarian and severe - this was actually the one called Heylel in the bible and despised as one disobedient and known more commonly as 'Lucifer' - but it is clear that Heliel was not at all at odds with G.O.D. (which was mainly described as either the Father or 'the Creative Force').

There were others, too, such as St. Germaine and even Confuscious...but the readings which involve what has become termed as having to do with 'changes in the earth' and the pole shift - related to the restoration of that which is now known as Atlantis (but was not so much a place as an era and a phase of human consciousness and the root of that which we know today as Egyptian) as well as that of Lemuria, or 'Mu' (which was the era before Atlantis and from which both the Eastern philosophies as well as the ancient North American and MesoAmerican peoples descended from) - they were given always by one of the two Archangels and although few truly understand the symbology and intangible perspective from which these things are literally coming true, there is no inaccuracy in anything given in any of Cayce's readings...they apply to us on both the psychic (soul) level as well as the mystical (spirit) level. Most people, though, are only just now coming to the understanding which is of the psychic.

There is one subject which was strangely garbled and nonsensical, when inquired upon; and that is of the kidnapping of Charles Lindbergh Jr. Not because it was not known but because it was not meant to be resolved as most believed it would have best been set right.

The exact end date of WWII was given far in advance; as well as the year and location of the discovery of the dead sea scrolls. Many people asked about the presence of oil or other such finds and the answers given were always proven as accurate and specific - the cures for physical illnesses often seemed strange but were always natural and if followed as instructed, did, indeed, serve the intended purpose. Only two people had negative readings related to health (that I know of so far) and both died but it was because at the time they had their readings, their dis-eases had advanced to the point of no return.

There was always and without exception, the instruction to make Jesus (the man) the ideal - to be ever helpful to one's fellow man - there was never any spirit or entity put above Christ nor was anyone condemned as wrong or not loved equally in the invisible other side. In fact, it was stated in one reading that 'everyone is famous' from the perspective from which those who gave the information through Cayce experienced humanity.

As far as Hitler is concerned, it is made clear that what happened in Germany and with the Jews and the Germans was directly because of what was written in the books of Daniel and, I think, Jeremiah - which was actually just a fulfillment of what Moses had spoken about there being set before the people the choice between a 'blessing' and a 'curse' - in the book of Deuteronomy.

The planets are energies which influence us all in our own unique patterns of experiences but yet it was always emphasized that ultimately, we all have totally FREE WILL which overcomes all other forces and that it is up to each of us to take what we are given and either make it into a 'miracle' or a 'crime.'

Hitler was going to deliver the Jewish people - he was essentially Nebuchadnezzar and also 'my servant the branch' - but there was no indication that the Jews were to be reinstalled in Palestine - just like in Babylon, they were to be content and enjoy prosperity and refuge under the flag of another nation...and before the war was forced upon the world, there were two official flags in Germany: the swastika and the blue star of david. But there were those who had money and power and sought to regain the land of Palestine at any cost and it was because of this that the Jews in Germany were encouraged to leave and then were left with no where to go.

So many died of typhus and starvation - NOT because of Hitler but because when the Allies began to bomb Germany so severely the red cross could no longer safely make the drops of food supplies which had been the support of the Jews in the first half of the war. Himmler was behind much of the ordering of extermination but if one can be totally dispassionate about what happened and see the facts as they were....it was a bad situation which had its roots in things far flung from what people believe was some sort of white supremacy fanatacism in the nazi's...they were merely for the Fatherland - patriots to their beloved Germany and truth be told, the world was severely in-bred before the war because of staying to themselves in small areas - even Hitler's own siblings were never healthy or sane because of the close relation of his 'father' and mother. (Hitler actually was quite sane and of a great and stable intelligence - because actually he was the illegitimate son of the Baron Rothschild, in whose household his mother, Clara, was working in, at the time Hitler was conceived...and so she married a near relative who officially adopted Adolf through the church so that he was not ever considered a bastard).

All of the dreaded last chapters in the book of Daniel were fulfilled during the years of WWII...it was a time of testing and preparation and truly, as a race, mankind didn't do too well....because the plan was not allowed to be successful (because of Churchill and FDR and Stalin) what followed instead of the end of war and the deliverance of the Jewish people was the return of communism to Russia, the cold war, and also the 30 something years of terrible violence and unrest in the land of Palestine between the descendants of Jacob and his brother Esau and his uncle Ishmael...

and it is foretold that in America we must turn things around and truly love our neighbors as ourselves and break out from under the fear and oppression which we have allowed to insidiously take away our freedom and security...here are the exact words:

There will be the falling away in India of much of the material suffering that has been brought on a troubled people. There will be the reduction of one risen to power in central Europe to naught. The young king son will soon reign. In America in the political forces we see a re-stabilization of the powers of the peoples in their own hands, a breaking up of the rings, the cliques in many places.

These are just excerpts from reading 3976-15.

Here is a portion more toward the beginning of the same reading:

11. I have declared this, that has been delivered unto me to give unto you, ye that sit here and that hear and that see a light breaking in the east, and have heard, have seen thine weaknesses and thine faultfindings, and know that He will make thy paths straight if ye will but live that YE KNOW this day - then may the next step, the next word, be declared unto thee. For ye in your weakness [pause] have known the way, through that as ye have made manifest of the SPIRIT of truth and light that has been proclaimed into this earth, that has been committed unto the keeping of Him that made of Himself no estate but who brought into being all that ye see manifest in the earth, and has declared this message unto thee: "Love the Lord thy God with all thine heart," and the second is like unto it, "Love thy neighbor as thyself." Who is thine neighbor? Him that ye may aid in whatsoever way that he, thy neighbor, thy brother, has been troubled. Help him to stand on his own feet. For such may only know the acceptable way. The weakling, the unsteady, must enter into the crucible and become as naught, even as He, that they may know the way. I, Halaliel, have spoken.

And this is what followed, in regard to the above where is mentioned 'the young king son':

13. (Q) To what country is the reference made regarding the young king?
(A) In Germany.

14. (Q) Is America fulfilling her destiny?
(A) Rather should the question be sought, my children, are individuals fulfilling those channels to which they have been brought through their own application of the knowledge within themselves to fulfill their position? For each and every one, each and every nation, is led - even as in heaven. For that ye see in earth is a PATTERN of that in the MIND, as ye well know, and is as a shadow of spiritual truth, life and light. Is America as a whole? This is as has been given. If there is not the acceptance in America of the closer brotherhood of man, the love of the neighbor as self, civilization must wend its way westward - and again must Mongolia, must a hated people, be raised.

It is filling its destiny? Is it filling, rather, its place, that destined in the experience of peoples, of a nation? What have ye done with the knowledge that ye have respecting the relationships of thy Creator to thy fellow man? and hast thou made known that ye know of His ways, God's ways, among thy fellows? Yea, here and there, as ye have seen, America has become not only the greater of these that have sent those that would make known secular ways but has also - does harbor within its bosom those things of other lands that are making, as it were, a leaven to the whole. And here, there - for, as given, His messenger shall appear there. Hence, is finding those that make the paths straight.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
(couldn't quite fit it all)

There is no monarchy in Germany - but this is actually a reference to a verse in Jeremiah which is a prophesy about Nebuchadnezzar inheriting 'Egypt' because he served G.O.D. quite well and was never rewarded anything for it - and it says that his son and his son's son will inherit the world-to-come....

I have made the earth, man, and the animals on the face of the earth, by My great power and by My outstretched arm, and have given it to whom it seemed right to Me. And now I have given all these lands into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, My servant. And I have also given him the beast of the field to serve him. And all nations shall serve him, and his son, and his son's son, until the time of his own land comes. And then many nations and great kings shall enslave him. And it shall be, the nation and kingdom which will not serve the same Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, and that will not put their neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon, that nation I will punish, says Jehovah, with the sword and with the famine, and with the plague, until I have destroyed them by his hand.
(Jeremiah 27:5-8)

Nebuchadnezzar
Hitler
and the last we wait for is
The Prince of Peace - the 'son' of Hitler.
The one who shall inherit the 'desolate places.'

These family lines are of a spiritual nature, not physical.

Also, the readings state things about Hashteput and Moses (she was the one who adopted Moses) and the Sphinx was a statuary of her, and the records many were waiting to be opened were actually her tomb and positive ID of the mummy, according to DNA, which was just done in the last couple of months...the 'wet nurse' who was the other mummy examined was Jochebed who was Moses's natural mother. Senmet, who was Hashteput's vizier, was actually the brother of Moses, Aaron...

This is what I had been given concerning these things, around the middle of this year (June and July):
Truth of Thoth

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Thanks for replying blackguard

First let me quote you from James Randi book Flim Flam

"is no secret that his cures were quite similar to the 'home remedies' described in the handy medical encyclopedias that were bedside reading in many rural homes in the late 1800s."..."Beef broth was one of Cayce's favorite remedies for such diverse diseases as gout and leukemia. Who can fault a nice man who prescribes a cup of hot soup? Some of his remedies weren't as harmless as a cup of soup. He was apparently among the first to recommend laetrile as a cure for cancer."

I would also recommend that you read reading #2455-2, May 21, 1941. It is also true that Edgar Cayce failed to cure his cousin and one of his sons in 1911.

The Earth's magnetic poles really did flip-flop in 1998

China has become the new "cradle of Christianity"

Atlantis has been discovered

Hitler really was a swell guy after all

He could not find any buried treasure

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
His son died because he did not think to do a reading on the baby until it was too late - and it was some sort of congenital defect or something like that which was incurable, anyway.

There are defects and there are dis-eases....

As far as the opinion of James Randi - it doesn't carry any weight with most people because it is far more of an OPINION than it is an honest assessment.
Truly James Randi is NOT a critical thinker...he is a magician (an illusionist) who seeks to 'debunk' other illusionists.....:shk:

Do you see what is wrong with this picture?

if not, read this.

Back to Cayce, what exactly is your point concerning reading 2455-2? Is it yours, or James Randi's?

I actually read all that pertained to '2455' just now, including the reports, too. The diagnoses were confirmed by physicians and the psoriasis which the doctors declared nontreatable basically went away completely as long as she paid attention to her diet etc...

It appears that she even gave birth despite the condition related to her reproductive parts and all the feedback given in correspondence was positive and much was later affirmed by medical studies, etc.

This is actually often the case - Cayce has said things which were declared crazy or outlandish at the time but later on were found to be true and documented as proven in various medical journals and what-not. Gladys Davis was very thorough in her documentation and follow-up and it is because of her that so much can definitely be considered to be proven as true and exactly as described.

It must be remembered, though, that NONE of any of it came from the conscious waking mind of Edgar Cayce! He was a channel for the communications, but in a totally passive way - he basically went to sleep and had dreams of his own during the readings and so he was totally non-influential in any of the information given. Often when he read what had been recorded he was more puzzled than anyone - he was not educated in medicine nor did he pursue that sort of thing after the readings started. He was a photographer and he really liked tending to his garden.

The man Edgar Cayce was NOT the source of the readings which we also call by his name because it was his body through which they were delivered in materiality! - those two concepts should not be confused!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Queenannie I would recommend that you read James Randi rebuttal to Mr Michael Prescott hit piece.
michaelprescott.freeservers.com...

.he is a magician (an illusionist) who seeks to 'debunk' other illusionists.....:shk:

2 Things first unlike other illusionists(Like Uri Geller) James Randi has never claimed to have special powers, and second the fact that James Randi was a magician gives him the qualifications to debunk tricksters.

"The conditions that exist through the thinning of the walls of the intestines allow the poisons to find expressions in the lymph circulation; thus producing the irritation to and through the epidermis itself"

That is just bunk

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I don't care what James Randi has to say in defense of himself - certainly he is warranted the right to defend himself but he truly has no qualifications for judging or criticizing Edgar Cayce. And I say that NOT just based on one person's critique of the man - I was not sure if you were aware of the issues concerning Mr. Randi, himself. He does not seem to be a person of integrity or honorable character, at all; quite the opposite of Mr. Cayce.

That IS what this thread is about, isn't it? Edgar Cayce? And not James Randi?

Have you, YOURSELF, investigated into Cayce? Or are you only relying upon the conclusions of Mr. Randi? Because if that be the case, I have no interest in pursuing the discussion - with you OR Mr. Randi. If you know what I mean.

Hear-say does NOT equal personal investigation.

Mr. Cayce was NOTHING close to a magician or an illusionist and neither did he ever claim to have 'special powers.' Prophesy is not a 'special power' and it is of a nature which it can be proven or dis-proven on its own, if there are related sources of information which can give definite details concerning the accuracy of the given prophesies. And in the case of Edgar Cayce, we have more than ample access to documentation and factual publications with which we can make logical conclusions regarding the accuracy of the readings!

Maybe it would be more on-track to address whatever it is that you seem to feel is sketchy about the reading you mentioned. If you truly want an answer to your OP, then you certainly can find it in this thread...but that means we should discuss the readings and their related circumstances in order to determine what the answer is!

If you are saying that it is because of the statement concerning the walls of the intestines, etc.; then why do you say that? What is your background that would give you knowledge to back that up?

I have an associate degree in nursing and worked for over a decade as an R.N. It is NOT bunk, at all. It is legitimate and more than probable considering the mechanisms of cellular exchange and osmosis.

Furthermore - there is documented evidence that the person who received the reading experienced literal improvement! So obviously, in the case of this particular person, what Cayce gave in the reading, as both cause and treatment, was true and reliable information!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Qweennannie I only brought that James Randi quote because it proves my point that cayce is a fake.

Gardner notes that Dr. J. B. Rhine, famous for his ESP experiments at Duke University, was not impressed with Cayce. Rhine felt that a psychic reading done for his daughter didn't fit the facts.

skepdic.com...

The skepdic article also has other good info on it like

e made other predictions concerning such things as the Great Depression (that 1933 would be a good year)

t the height of the Depression in 1933, nearly 25% of the Nation's total work force, 12,830,000 people, were unemployed.

Wage income for workers who were lucky enough to have kept their jobs fell almost 43% between 1929 and 1933.
www.todaysteacher.com...

Have you, YOURSELF, investigated into Cayce?
Yes I have

[edit on 21-8-2007 by youngskeptic]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   

A)All that proves is that Edgar caycy can read a newspaper(Since Hitler was named Chancellor of germany on January 20,1933)

wasn't cayce illiterate? Logically if he was he COULD NOT read a newspaper and thus, would have to of predicted this off of either previous teachings or predictive visions.

Coven Out

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven

wasn't cayce illiterate? Logically if he was he COULD NOT read a newspaper and thus, would have to of predicted this off of either previous teachings or predictive visions.

Coven Out
Nope Edgar cayce went to a grammar schoo

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Qweennannie I only brought that James Randi quote because it proves my point that cayce is a fake.

No, it doesn't! That's illogical. ALL it proves is that you are believing an opinion of another person rather than investigating the facts with an OPEN MIND.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

No, it doesn't! That's illogical. ALL it proves is that you are believing an opinion of another person rather than investigating the facts with an OPEN MIND.

First it is a fact that Edgar Cayce home remedies did come from medical encyclopedias at the time queen

Second Just because James Randi might have got a few facts wrong in his book does not mean the hole book is full of lies.

Third my mind is open to Science qeennannie

Have a wonderfull day

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join