It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange light vanishes!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wig
I think this was unusual to jagman therfore it is not going to be a light which comes on every night or every morning.

That is my thought as well, but Griffith Observatory has been undergoing a 93 million dollar makeover. Maybe they put up new lights, and a new timer that doesn't go off till later now...

Originally posted by Wig
The car headlamp theory is the most plausible.

No to far away..

Originally posted by Wig
Is there a websit where we can
a) see a topographic map of LA
b) draw a line between the 2 known points and see where it goes

I did that, with Google Earth, and it points to Griffith Observatory. Google Earth has topographic map, it even has 3D buildings...

Originally posted by Wig
Our 2 known points are corner of Wilshire & Barrington and just to the right of the Hyatt Park hotel (as per the video)

These 2 points are close together it would be better if we could ID some other feture of LA much closer to the light source.

The light source is actually a few miles away... looks close, but it is actually far.

I suggest you get Google Earth, and put in the address of the building in the video. Point east, and change the view from veritcal to horizontal. You will see the ridge.

Wig

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm afraid I can't get google Earth (I use Win 98 SE) I'm stuck with google maps.

I'm also afraid I don't agree with Griffiths Observatory

You see here is showing Barrington & Wilshire in Green, the Hyatt in Yellow, and the Observatory in Red. They don't line up. The dodgers is very close but I say (the dodgers) is to the left (North) of our line.

But I do agree it is miles away, probably way outside the limit of the city. into the errr mountains

And I do agree that being so far away, headlights are not going to be as powerful as that, that is some bad ass light source! But headlights is what I am going on for the time being.

[edit on 15/8/2007 by Wig]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wig
You see here[/url] is showing Barrington & Wilshire in Green, the Hyatt in Yellow, and the Observatory in Red. They don't line up.

Thats probably because I don't think he actually lives exactly on the corner of Barrington & Wilshire, I think that is just his cross streets...

If you open this thing in Google Earth (which i know you cant) you will see that if in fact he did live exactly on that corner, to the right of the Hyatt would be ZERO ridge. The ridge stops at Dodger Stadium, which is only a mile or so to the right of the "light".

I know the light is on the ridge, and I know whats on the ridge..

I would just like an exact compass reading from the OP, to be more sure.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by 11 11]

Wig

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Sorry I disagree, he posted a sunrise picture aswell it shows 11111 Santa monica to the far right (see my previous posts) This is in keeping with him living where he says he lives (Barrington Plaza) and if you zoom in on my google map on my previous post you will see I don't place the green start on the corner of Barrington and Wilshire, I place it at a more realistic place further south on Barrington (roughly where his line of sight would be.) You would have to place the Green start on Barrington & Olympic to line up with the Observatory.

I don't know why Google Earth is giving you that result.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I took a couple snap shots of the video - both at similar distance/zoom frames. One before it disappears and one after. My point of taking these snapshots were to prove that since it look like a fixed position (maybe on a hillside) that it must have been sun/light reflection. But, after examining I can't prove either way. Other blinking lights in the video's surrounding area all appear to remain and the color in the sky seems consistant.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'd like to thank the OP for postin' up this footage (if it's real or not) since I myself had a couple of close ufo encounteres but I never had the damn camera when the ufos showed up. (Sorry if I didn't read any of the previous pages folks).

Wig

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It can't be sun reflection, the sun is yet to rise. And even if you argue that there might be a line of sight from that ridge to the sun the sun will not be white light at that time it will be red/yellow light.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
After further calculations, I have come to the conclusion that it is possibly the lights from Dodger Stadium. Or something bright, at Dodger Stadium.

My first calculations were off, I didn't know the exact location of the camera. I used pictures from earlyer in this thread to correct my calculations.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11
After further calculations, I have come to the conclusion that it is possibly the lights from Dodger Stadium. Or something bright, at Dodger Stadium.

Great work 11 11 ! This is a very good possibility. I checked this morning to see if it was there but the visibility was pretty bad again and no light over there that I could see. Going to check tomorrow as well...

Thanks!

Wig

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Have you got any photos of that view on a nice clear sunny day - does such a thing exist in L.A. (i.e. no smog) ?

What is that ridge? I find it hard to believe it is where the dodgers stadium is.

Anyway I think the dodgers stadium is either behind the Hyatt or to the left of the Hyatt so it can't be the dogers.

If you were to drive through L.A heading East would you be able to see that ridge from street level virtually all the time? i.e. getting there would be no problem.

[edit on 15/8/2007 by Wig]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wig

What is that ridge? I find it hard to believe it is where the dodgers stadium is.

The ridge is a semi illusion. It is not as high as it looks in the OP's pictures. But Dodger Stadium IS on a ridge, or hill. I have been there many times, I always remember going up hill to get to it...

Also, I did some research, and there was a baseball game yesterday, and there is another game today as well. Maybe the O.P. can keep an eye out tonight. I figure maybe the field crew was up early, and they were preping the field with the lights on, before sunrise.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'll check I might have a clear photo...not positive tho. As far as the drive goes I might just do that this weekend and see what is over there and take some closer pictures. Mabey if I can get into a higer buidling that is a bit close to that spot I can get a better pic.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Could it be so far, as Mount Wilson?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I think its a real object that you filmed. But you basically gave out your home adress. Thats scary. What scares me the most is that you talked about having a powerful green laser. Now I might be wrong, but I heard a story where you could bring down a 747 with one. I dont know if its true. But I wouldnt be suprised if someone comes by and takes it from you. Becareful my friend.

Or do you have one of those lil laser pointers that can pop balloons?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
I think its a real object that you filmed. But you basically gave out your home adress. Thats scary. What scares me the most is that you talked about having a powerful green laser. Now I might be wrong, but I heard a story where you could bring down a 747 with one. I dont know if its true. But I wouldnt be suprised if someone comes by and takes it from you. Becareful my friend.

Or do you have one of those lil laser pointers that can pop balloons?

Frankenchrist, Appreciate the concern... But yeah it's just a balloon popper
But still always used with caution in mind! Any and all lasers can be very dangerous if used improperly! I realize this and i'm allways very carefull!

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well looks like we might have solved the mystery here. I took this picture about an hour ago. Link You can see dodger stadium and its all lit up! Darn!!! Oh well
I guess I just have to keep looking:-)

I know sooner or later I will capture something really neat.

Thank you everyone for your input and help with this! I hope to be back soon with something better!

Jagman

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Keep your head up man. Only the man made ones fly that low. The stars... they hide in those. Study and learn the stars and you will know which ones are out of place.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
great video...another case of a plasma ball...which ETV's use to scout and observe the surroundings without the need of the mothership to be exposed while its hovering high above ground..... These plasma balls are also the reason for the crop circles they are the ones who make them....

here is the video of that.....

so basically you can call them drones, scouts, whatever you want to call them but they all have the sam purpose...to observe and record and send information and bring information IE the crop circles and such...

GOOD VIDEO THOUGH.......

[edit on 16-8-2007 by NewAge2012ETV]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAge2012ETV
great video...another case of a plasma ball...which ETV's use to scout and observe the surroundings without the need of the mothership to be exposed while its hovering high above ground..... These plasma balls are also the reason for the crop circles they are the ones who make them....

May I ask why you are so sure of this?

By the way your Youtube link isn't working.

Jagman Keep watching the skies, its good for us to practice this analysis process, one day we are gonna be stumped.....

Wig

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I wonder if the video which didn't work was the faked one showing two lights creating a crop circle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join