It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Weed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hey, im pretty new around here, and I would like some people who know what they are talking about to elaberate on this. god created all the plants and animales right. so what is the purpose of canibus. i meen look at other drugs cocain? created by man.RXs are all created by man. alchole was created by man. but canibus is natural grows straight off the plant right out of the earth. this plant was created not manufactured by man. so please those with more knowlege elaberate.

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
All I cna say is that while there are enough cases of overdosis in the other drugs you mentioned. There is no registered case of pure marijuana overdosis. All are paired with some other drug.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
by the way if did not make it clear. the main point of this thread is to say god created pot, no id ands or butts, if you belive in god you belive he created this plant. and if anyone knows , what is the history behind smokeing pot? the bible talks about drinking wine? are there any refrances to smokeing?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I think so, someone posted bible verses that refer to herb last week or so in another thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViNZiNO
Hey, im pretty new around here, and I would like some people who know what they are talking about to elaberate on this. god created all the plants and animales right. so what is the purpose of canibus. i meen look at other drugs cocain? created by man.RXs are all created by man. alchole was created by man. but canibus is natural grows straight off the plant right out of the earth. this plant was created not manufactured by man. so please those with more knowlege elaberate.

...and this is what all the stoners (including myself back when I used to smoke pot) say. Stoners that believe in god need an excuse to smoke marijuana without saying they are sinning. Plus, go up to any stoner (crack head, xtacy, alcoholics, etc.) and watch as he defends his drug left and right. Marijuana being one of the more popular drugs (besides alcohol and nicotine, and ive heard my g/f defend her smoking habbits so many times) the rumor that it's all natural which means it's all good is common. I'm personally tired of hearing it. I was a stoner too (extacy and marijuana were my 2 drugs, now it's alcohol and ill defend alcohol, let's be honest). I know all about the stoner beliefs, I actually laugh at them to know that I once believed them too. Probably because I was too stoned to laugh at them and would rather take # other people who are stoned say (and have smoked weed longer then me, I used to think of them as "Professional Stoners" sense their so advanced in the ability to smoke weed) . I quit because my mind was litterally F'd up. I honestly was not thinking straight. In fact when I quit marijuana, I went through a stage where I was so paranoid about everything. I even was at the point where I thought my mom was poisening my food, explains why im here. I'm known for being paranoid sense drugs took over. Anyways here are the common pot head mistakes:

- God created plants, God created marijuana. It's natural to smoke marijuana (in that case, tobacco isn't bad either. God created tobacco, so keep smoking your healthy little ciggerates. All plants have a use, but their use is not usually for humans, but more for the planet).
- There's less over doses on marijuana then any other drug (actually, true. However, they don't take into consideration marijuana that was mixed with other ingredients that have caused people to overdose. Consider this, almost all of the marijuana you buy from your dealer has gone through many stages and has at one point or another had other dangerous ingredients added. Sometimes it just happens to be laced with another drug such as coc aine. Unless you grow it yourself or get it from a VERY trustworthy friend who grew it himself... not a friend of a friend... chances are your marijuana is not natural. AND it is possible to overdose on marijuana, but you'd have to smoke a hell of a lot in one day to do that. By that time your eyes would be so red they'd fall to the floor litterally. So you have 2 choices, get your marijuana with a little seasoning or grow it yourself and hope you don't get caught).
- Your actually more concentrative on marijuana (Some-what true, but most of the time false. Half the time I'm too stoned to think. People who have smoked for years are too stoned to think even when their driving. People who have smoked less, only concentrate when they know it's very important. This depends on their thinking, because marijuana DOES screw up the brain and cause some of your thoughts to be plain out messed up.)

and there's a hell of a lot more. marijuana is not the perfect drug, it's not gods drug and stop going around believing everything you hear about it. because half the time its just a rumor that people come to believe as true because they need an excuse to smoke it without feeling bad about it.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
All true but God's pot is not like the stuff most people smoke today either.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I'm sure its a sin...coc aine comes from the coca leaf...its a plant...herion comes from the opium poppy...its a plant...BUT the previous post was a load of hooey....
there was some recent research on the LONG term effects of pot and the results were surprising...it found
NEGLIGIBLE memory loss...(the same as aging)
I'm looking for that link...help anyone?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Spend less time Smoking Weed, and more time in spelling class.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Sorry, but all non-synthetic drugs also comes from one or another sort of plants.

(ie: coc aine, mescaline, opium, etc...)

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
it is not what goes into a man which defiles him, it is what comes out. - jesus.

put the OMG DRUGZ R SIN bull# to rest please, it is not backed by the scripture. second, ive noticed a large majority of atheists on this board, so if hell doesnt exist what the hell does it matter if its a 'sin' or not.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer

second, ive noticed a large majority of atheists on this board, so if hell doesnt exist what the hell does it matter if its a 'sin' or not.

"Amen" to that, bro.

Seriously, smoke pot, don't smoke pot, your choice. You know?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If it was not illegal, we could grow our and not run the risk of having our weed with Vitamin F.

Derek is right on the "more alert" front of smoking marijuana.

Marijuana should be legal over alcohol any day. The government won't allow that to happen because one, they make too much money off of it now and two, they couldn't tax it properly because it grows like corn. Anybody with a patch of dirt in almost in climate could grow it. Also, I don't think the alcohol companies with all of their lobbiest and money would dare go down without a fight on the legalization of pot. They would lose too much money. Sorry, went off on a tangent...

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerekpacIsAlive

it's not gods drug and stop going around believing everything you hear about it.

EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT MAGIC MUSHROOMS ARE GOD'S DRUG. Marijuana is far to mild to be God's drug.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   

god created all the plants and animales right. so what is the purpose of canibus.

what is the purpose of the rock?

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Cocain, Asprin, Alcohol, Anthrax, Peote(sp? ie shrooms), and Cow Pies are all natural.

A matter of fact, most drugs are natural. As for illegal ones, only '___' and Meth are synthetic. Even Extacy and Kedamine are natural.

Hey, but whatever it take to rationalize your habit.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
DerekpacIsAlive,

Man I couldnt have said it better myself. i used to be a huge pothead too, and have been through so many experiences i just know its not good for u. it honestly changes you, your personality, and the way u think about things. there is no such thing as God's drug. if u believe so, why dont u go eat some of God's dirt, or eat some of God's poisonous mushrooms.
everything it this world exists for a reason....that doesnt mean u have to smoke it.

drugs only "cover up" our reality.....remember that.
so if u cant live in this world without trying to cover your reality up, it means u got something to be afraid of....are u afraid?

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
HAs anybody here known an alcoholic that quit drinking then, because he was clean and sober and you weren't, he thought he was better than you? I've noticed that ex-drug users are the same way. With their "I quit so, you should quit too because, I think drugs are bad!" bull#. God, I hate holier-than-thou #s.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScienceGuyQ

Cocain, Asprin, Alcohol, Anthrax, Peote(sp? ie shrooms), and Cow Pies are all natural.

A matter of fact, most drugs are natural. As for illegal ones, only '___' and Meth are synthetic. Even Extacy and Kedamine are natural.

Hey, but whatever it take to rationalize your habit.

I challenge you to find some NATURAL aspirin ( willow bark contains the chemical of aspirin, but is not aspirin. Aspirin is a synthesized chemical.) Cocaine also must be processed by chemicals before it becomes coc aine, before that it is only Coca leaves. You would not want to drink any naturally ocurring alcohol. Peyote is a cactus containing mescaline NOT A MUSHROOM CONTAINING PSILOCYBIN. Extasy and Ketamine are also chemicals manufactured by drug companies. FOR A SUPPOSED SCIENCE GUY YOU ARE PRETTY IGNORANT.
I have consistently done MARIJUANA, PEYOTE, PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOMS, ACID, AND HASH since 1971 and even seem to know more about science than you.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Plus, go up to any stoner (crack head, xtacy, alcoholics, etc.) and watch as he defends his drug left and right.

crack, xtasy, and most alchohol are all more addictive and harmful than pot. druggies like that defend their drug because they are heavily addicted, and because nothing matters to them but their drugs.

Originally posted by DerekpacIsAliveI was a stoner too (extacy and marijuana were my 2 drugs, now it's alcohol and ill defend alcohol, let's be honest).

im not sure if your aware of this, but xtacy literrally puts holes in your brain. maybe thats waht gives you this #ed up thought process. anyone who has smoked weed and also drank knows that the affects of alchohol on your senses and your ability to perform any task are at least 10 times stronger. yet you'll defend alchohol, a drug that not only can kill you from an overdose, but also from long term liver damage. not to mention all the drunk drivers who kill themselves and others. there is no record of weed causing the death of anyone.

Originally posted by DerekpacIsAliveI quit because my mind was litterally F'd up. I honestly was not thinking straight.

once again, probably from those holes you put in your head. did you by chance quit xstacy around the same time?

- There's less over doses on marijuana then any other drug (actually, true. However, they don't take into consideration marijuana that was mixed with other ingredients that have caused people to overdose. Consider this, almost all of the marijuana you buy from your dealer has gone through many stages and has at one point or another had other dangerous ingredients added. Sometimes it just happens to be laced with another drug such as coc aine. Unless you grow it yourself or get it from a VERY trustworthy friend who grew it himself... not a friend of a friend... chances are your marijuana is not natural.

as someone who has smoked pot for over 6 years, and has extensive knowledge of the use of it, and the people involved in it, i can tell you this is utter bull#. first of all, how do you know that almost all the marijuana a person buy from their dealer has at one time or another had other dangerous ingredients added? if this is from personal experience, then you have a horrible dealer.

and second of all, no drug dealer would be stupid enough to waste a more expensive drug such as coc aine by adding it to weed, so as to cause an overdose. this would 1. draw unwanted attention to this dealer, and 2. take away this dealers own business. you cant sell a product to someone who is dead, or fears death if they use the product.

AND it is possible to overdose on marijuana, but you'd have to smoke a hell of a lot in one day to do that. By that time your eyes would be so red they'd fall to the floor litterally. So you have 2 choices, get your marijuana with a little seasoning or grow it yourself and hope you don't get caught).

wrong.

it is not possible to overdose from smoking weed. the only possible way would be if you ate large quantities of marinol(synthetic thc pills) or weed butter products, or if you were to inject thc into your bloodstream.

this is not because there exists no toxicity level for thc to become lethal, but because you can't physically smoke that much without passing out.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

it's not gods drug and stop going around believing everything you hear about it.

EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT MAGIC MUSHROOMS ARE GOD'S DRUG. Marijuana is far to mild to be God's drug.

i must agree with you there. speaking of that, i think its possible that much of every religion is based on the interpretations by ancients of their hallucinations from various psychoactive drugs.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join