It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Weed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I don't understand why alcohol is legal but marijuana isn't. You can die of alcohol poisoning. You're not going to die if you smoke too much weed. You may get sick if you smoke or eat too much, but not nearly as bad as if you spend the whole night downing shots of tequila or something. I have done both(though not for a while), and I'd take weed over alcohol anyday.

Prohibition never stopped people from drinking. Marijuana being illegal doesn't stop anyone from smoking it either. They should legalize it and put an age limit on it for purchase and tax it like tobacco or alcohol. Then if anyone underage is caught with it, treat it like an MIP. It would cut down on non-violent criminals taking up jail space and they could use the tax money to help get this country out of the hole.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates

as someone who has smoked pot for over 6 years, and has extensive knowledge of the use of it, and the people involved in it, i can tell you this is utter bull#. first of all, how do you know that almost all the marijuana a person buy from their dealer has at one time or another had other dangerous ingredients added? if this is from personal experience, then you have a horrible dealer.

and second of all, no drug dealer would be stupid enough to waste a more expensive drug such as coc aine by adding it to weed, so as to cause an overdose. this would 1. draw unwanted attention to this dealer, and 2. take away this dealers own business. you cant sell a product to someone who is dead, or fears death if they use the product.

Thank you for stating that Dunkle. there was a thread a few months ago where the purity of marijuana was heavily debated. People who didn't use marijuana kept saying that most of it was laced while, actual stoners told them it wasn't. It's easy to spot someone who doesn't know a thing about weed.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
k im compleetly high

u wanna get into it with the pot stuff eh

god created hemp
satan made hemp into a weed

god created all the animals and herb's for man's use's acording to the quazi religous guy i work with marijuana is a weed there for is THE DEVIL BOBBY BOUCHA...............( mind you im compleetly non religous and dont give a crap spark that weed up )

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

I challenge you to find some NATURAL aspirin ( willow bark contains the chemical of aspirin, but is not aspirin. Aspirin is a synthesized chemical.)

Asprin is cheaper to synthesize than to extract from willows. So we make it ourselves now. However asprin is in willows in it complete form. Its been used for hundreds of year in England. It just couldn't be purrified very well. Alchemist used to give willow powder to thier clients for pain. I don't recall off the top of my head, but i recall a story of some king using some for a tooth infection.

Cocaine also must be processed by chemicals before it becomes coc aine, before that it is only Coca leaves.

Same as asprin, it is there but so diluted it needs to be extracted. If coc aine was synthetic it would be made w/o coca leaves. The workers in the coca fields often chew the leaves because the small amount of coc aine absorbed through the gums and throat alieviate back and leg pain while working.

You would not want to drink any naturally ocurring alcohol.

Oh? Odd, i had some wine tonight. Beer is water + grain + hopps....place in barrel, ferment, drink. Viola! Natural Alcohol. To this day all alcohol is made naturaly. Even research grade ethenol and methenol are distilled from naturally produce alcohol.

Peyote is a cactus containing mescaline NOT A MUSHROOM CONTAINING PSILOCYBIN.

My mistake. You are correct. I was indeed confusing the two.

Extasy and Ketamine are also chemicals manufactured by drug companies.

Yes, just as asprin they are cheaper to synthesize, however Extasy is concentrated ephedrine which is a naturaly occuring chemical. It is THE active ingredient of Extasy. I have to confirm Ketamine, I may be incorrect.

FOR A SUPPOSED SCIENCE GUY YOU ARE PRETTY IGNORANT.
I was ignorant in mistaking peyote for shrooms. However despite all the others, the natural alcohol is pretty obvious.

I have consistently done MARIJUANA, PEYOTE, PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOMS, ACID, AND HASH since 1971 and even seem to know more about science than you.
Um, wow. There is WAY more to science then the science of drugs. Shall we go into quantum electro dynamics?

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Technically, Ketchup is synthetic...its not as natural as a tomato, its got to be cooked with other ingredients. I have to say that if alcohol is legal (and I'm tanked on whiskey right now...) then pot has got to be legalized. I admit that there is memory loss, but thats the point, right? I had major problems with pain, back, limbs, headaches, insomnia...my doctor wanted me on muscle relaxers, pain killers, sleep pills... I smoked pot 3x a day and I saw a chiropractor 3x a week. I am so much better and I no longer have to smoke to relieve the tension or get a good nights rest. I quit because I'm ready to go back to work. Without it I would have been doped up on prescriptions and on disability at 24!!! Now I'm much better, but if it was legal I could at least get that natural relaxation at night to sooth me to sleep without drugs like, hmmmm, whiskey? So many are smoking it, more than you think, legalize it and we'll all be so much more mellow...........
That would sooooo help me be on top of my game.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScienceGuyQ
Yes, just as asprin they are cheaper to synthesize, however Extasy is concentrated ephedrine which is a naturaly occuring chemical. It is THE active ingredient of Extasy. I have to confirm Ketamine, I may be incorrect.

Extacy isn't concentrated Ephedra. It's actually methylenedioxy-methamphetamine or MDMA and it is very, very synthetic.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Extacy isn't concentrated Ephedra. It's actually methylenedioxy-methamphetamine or MDMA and it is very, very synthetic.

Hmm, i know MDMA is synthetic... but ephedra is natural. I did a grad paper on it. Maybe there is a key difference between ephdra and ephedrine... i'll go back and look at my old papers and read up on anything new. BTW, we are talking about the same E that was a drug legal back in the 1910's right? The one that made the big come back with Raves?

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Hmm, i know MDMA is synthetic... but ephedra is natural. I did a grad paper on it. Maybe there is a key difference between ephdra and ephedrine... i'll go back and look at my old papers and read up on anything new. BTW, we are talking about the same E that was a drug legal back in the 1910's right? The one that made the big come back with Raves?

because of lack of experience, or invetigation, you're both wrong. mdma is very synthetic, but what we are talking about is extacy. i know, you're thinking "isn't it the same thing?". well, in almost all cases, it's not. mdma is the #1 ingredient initially used in extacy, but these days, almost every pill of extacy you could purchase contains large percentages of mda, mde, methamphetamine, pma, Acetaminophen, lidocaine, caffeine, and Pseudo/Ephedrine

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
All true but God's pot is not like the stuff most people smoke today either.

Reason #99929 to legalize marijuana

Would they rather have a drug dealer selling marijuana to the user? Who could do whatsoever he feels to the product, and spray whatsoever he feels in the weed?

Or would you rather have government inspected weed coming from trusted sources? Or growing it yourself to give you piece of mind?

IT MAKES NO SENSE WHY ITS ILLEGAL

but seeing how everything in the world is #ed up......it makes a lot of sense

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I have consistently done MARIJUANA, PEYOTE, PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOMS, ACID, AND HASH since 1971 and even seem to know more about science than you.
Um, wow. There is WAY more to science then the science of drugs. Shall we go into quantum electro dynamics?

OOOOOOOPS!!! You certainly have got me there.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango

Originally posted by ViNZiNO
god created all the plants and animales right. so what is the purpose of canibus.

what is the purpose of the rock?

Stoning heretics.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberpilot
I'm sure its a sin...coc aine comes from the coca leaf...its a plant...herion comes from the opium poppy...its a plant...BUT the previous post was a load of hooey....
there was some recent research on the LONG term effects of pot and the results were surprising...it found
NEGLIGIBLE memory loss...(the same as aging)
I'm looking for that link...help anyone?

Heres that link, www.newscientist.com...

Plants use thc like substances mainly as a defence system against bugs. Lots of plants carry these kind of substances..so lets say not god but evolution created it.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killuminati
Or would you rather have government inspected weed coming from trusted sources?

Hmmm. Have the government involved in the manufacture of a drug?
Who knows what they might add to it.......

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
all you need to know is...

All Your Cannabis Are Belong To Me

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It would be more wise to just legalize pot and make revenue off it. Where i live there was just a massive pot bust, and its estimated that they make annually 3.2 billion dollars. Why is the government not taking this into consideration? I also heard a couple of other interesting points such as for every house in my province we pay $50 to illegal growing operations that siphon electricity from the providers. Why not make some profit rather then continue fighting something that will obviously never cease to exist, that doesn't make much sense to me

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   

A matter of fact, most drugs are natural. As for illegal ones, only '___' and Meth are synthetic. Even Extacy and Kedamine are natural.

Hey, but whatever it take to rationalize your habit.

Actually almost all recreational drugs have their origin in organic material - there's just been some processing...
Science Guy mentioned '___' as being synthetic, which it is, but it is synthesized from ergot (a mold on rye grass), and alternatively in morning glory seeds and hawaiian wood rose seeds.
As for meth (methamphetimine) if I'm not mistakened it is a derivative of ephedrine (decongestant) and ephedrine comes from the ephedra plant... something that the FDA just this month (Jan. 2004) slapped controls on... (In the US, just try going to Wal Mart or your local pharmacy and try to buy more than 3 boxes of Sudafed... they won't let you)

About the only thing that comes to my mind that does not have a near relationship with something natural is ecstacy and it is a synthetic mescaline/amphetamine concoction if I'm not mistaken..
Then of course there are the more obscure designers like STP, '___', etc... many of which are (like '___' and Psilosybin) are derivatives of indole alkloids....
lord knows where that stuff originates...

I could be wrong on some of this as my schooling wasn't in that sort of thing... but I had this boyfriend for a few months in college who was a pharmacology major and he partied like mad... so I guess I got all this info via osmosis...

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
This is kinda interesting:

www.jamesarthur.net...

I'd like to know how those guys got into an empty molson brewery! Who the hell owns it?

I gotta go burn one down

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
all you need to know is...

All Your Cannabis Are Belong To Me

A-F*CKING-MEN! Let's quit with all the harshness, roll a few doobies, get lit and have ourselves a nice conspiricy discussion like god and ATS intended. LMAO.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Ecstasy is derived from the sassafrass tree. Look it up I tell the thee the truth.

As far as the debate about whether there are additives in weed, nottoohappy and I got in an argument about this and resolved it with a mutual agreement out there.

All you people who know NOTHING about this subject, which it appears is the majority must learn that there are too many kinds of commercial weed to just say yes or no to additives. I'll break it down:

1. Kine Buds (sensimilla)
2. Midis (Sometimes hermaphrodyte sensimilla/has seeds but looks like kine buds)
3. Schwag (Centro-South American commercial crap)

Kine/Kind buds don't require the use of preservatives or enhancers because of it's naturally high grade. Schwag on the other hand can be littered with all sorts of chemicals, to say that it isn't is downright ignorant. To travel the great distance formaldahyde (sp?) is used to aid in compression into bricks. By the time it gets here it is so low in THC content it isnt worth much on the market.

If anyone has ever used coc aine, you would realize that a little bit goes a long way. With the right connections you can get a good deal on it and mix it in. It only takes a little bit to cause a noticable difference. The problem lies in the fact that you can get about 4 ounces of schwag for around $200-250. It's dead cheap so it's what most kids are brought up on, including myself.

Any of you ever wonder where the term chronic came from? Well, before it was it's own sinsimilla strain it was the term used to describe marijuana infused with either crack or coc aine.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedarkprojekt
It would be more wise to just legalize pot and make revenue off it. Where i live there was just a massive pot bust, and its estimated that they make annually 3.2 billion dollars. Why is the government not taking this into consideration? I also heard a couple of other interesting points such as for every house in my province we pay $50 to illegal growing operations that siphon electricity from the providers. Why not make some profit rather then continue fighting something that will obviously never cease to exist, that doesn't make much sense to me

HEY I DO NOT WANT THE GOVERNMENT INVOLVED IN REGULATING, OR GROWING WEED, ALL THEY NEED TO DO IS LEGALIZE IT. Once that is done it will really take the wind out of the sails of organized crime. It is so easy to start a petty criminal organization selling weed and petty organizations grow into major organizations over time. I am so sure that almost every kid in high school knows the school pusher that is raking in the bucks. By allowing individual users to grow what they want there will be BILLIONS of dollars less going to criminal enterprises. Not to mention the BILLIONS of dollars to be saved on prosecution, incarceration, and law enforcement.

[Edited on 1-16-2004 by groingrinder]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join