It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Face Of Mars In 1958 Comic Book!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Yeah, i remember Viewmaster...i s'pose i'm that old too!

It was the red plastic 'binocular' thing with the picture wheels made of thick card and transparencies you used to click around to view the next frame.

Blimey, that takes me back.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by mikesingh

Yes, i have scans of this comic myself.

The story also goes on to include pyramids (!), dome covered structure, and a pyramidal teleportation device (a stargate)

It also tells of a planetary war that had decimated the Mars population and all but destroyed their world.

In 1958..!

The 'face' was not photographed until the 1970's, and wasn't in the public domain until years after that! (R. Hoagland 'discovered' the face among the Viking images)

Striking parallels with what is being said about the ruins on Mars today.

Prophetic even.

Hi, i thought i would buy the comic, but can't find it anywhere, not even @Ebay... could you please post me the scans? i would love to read it, thanks alot, Jack!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Jack "The King" Kirby - If you follow his work it doesnt take long to realize that he was very much into a lot of fringe topics - his Eternals series is about different races of humans pre dating history being genetically modified by godlike aliens. He adapted 2001: A Space Odessy into comic form (my most treasured of Marvel Treasury editions) and went on to make a serial out of it. Aliens, other worlds, mutants, and catastrophe figure very largely in his work. Its totally a conspiracy vibe. How nice that he should pre date one - prophetic no?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Creepy!

Just as a previous poster said, the face wasn't observed until the 1970s..
But yet here's a comic from 1958 showing something not exactly like it, but damn sure a face on mars!

Possibly to do with a theoretical cyclic timeline?
But then if something can be imagined, then surely it must exist in some form, or possibly in one of many parallel universes...

A little off topic, but this really reminded me of this comic cover featuring the cookie monster tearing the WTC apart in from 1976...

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I was born in 1958. 47 years later this came to me.
Page 3 of that comic.

2006 ESA image Cydonia Mars

Revelation 4:7
7 The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle.
edit on 31-12-2017 by ManFromMars because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2017 by ManFromMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
pareidolia is a very powerful thing. Common to all humans.

Sometimes we just see what we want to see, sometimes it's just our brains automatically trying to make sense of and find patterns in chaos.

'Face of Mars' is only a face when viewed from the right angles and with the right lighting at the right time through the right lens. (potato cam preferred.)
Otherwise it just looks like a blobby lump of rock.

Compare images of the 'face' from 1978 to photos taken in 1998 and 2001 as photo and video tech improved and you'll see the face gets less and less face like as time and picture clarity goes on.

Completely debunked.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Interesting find OP

Maybe some sort of retro-causality is at play

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

The thread is 10 years old with dead links and pics..

Not much of a find now

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
this thread = fooking depressing

the mindset that writers are incapable of inventing novel ideas and are " reliant " on being spoon fed by " them " = utterly pathetic

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What I have found on the comic, it came out in Sept. of 1958. Well in Sept. of 2005 exactly 47 years later, I saw on TV the image of the Face on Mars, and in a instant my mind was filled with info: like in the comic. I was 47 years old.

What I found odd, and a coincidence, is that it has the words living creatures close together in this frame. Thats what I see in the 2006 ESA image of Cydonia Mars the 4 living creatures of the Bible.

Revelation 4:7
The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle.
edit on 2-1-2018 by ManFromMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Maybe it was that day in Sept.2005?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join