It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Face Of Mars In 1958 Comic Book!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Yeah, i remember Viewmaster...i s'pose i'm that old too!

It was the red plastic 'binocular' thing with the picture wheels made of thick card and transparencies you used to click around to view the next frame.

Blimey, that takes me back.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by mikesingh

Yes, i have scans of this comic myself.

The story also goes on to include pyramids (!), dome covered structure, and a pyramidal teleportation device (a stargate)

It also tells of a planetary war that had decimated the Mars population and all but destroyed their world.

In 1958..!

The 'face' was not photographed until the 1970's, and wasn't in the public domain until years after that! (R. Hoagland 'discovered' the face among the Viking images)

Striking parallels with what is being said about the ruins on Mars today.

Prophetic even.

Hi, i thought i would buy the comic, but can't find it anywhere, not even @Ebay... could you please post me the scans? i would love to read it, thanks alot, Jack!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Jack "The King" Kirby - If you follow his work it doesnt take long to realize that he was very much into a lot of fringe topics - his Eternals series is about different races of humans pre dating history being genetically modified by godlike aliens. He adapted 2001: A Space Odessy into comic form (my most treasured of Marvel Treasury editions) and went on to make a serial out of it. Aliens, other worlds, mutants, and catastrophe figure very largely in his work. Its totally a conspiracy vibe. How nice that he should pre date one - prophetic no?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Creepy!

Just as a previous poster said, the face wasn't observed until the 1970s..
But yet here's a comic from 1958 showing something not exactly like it, but damn sure a face on mars!

Possibly to do with a theoretical cyclic timeline?
But then if something can be imagined, then surely it must exist in some form, or possibly in one of many parallel universes...

A little off topic, but this really reminded me of this comic cover featuring the cookie monster tearing the WTC apart in from 1976...

<< 1  2   >>

join