It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Face Of Mars In 1958 Comic Book!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Coincidence? Or is it something more?

One would be forgiven for thinking that the comic story above was inspired by the Face on Mars formation discovered at Cydonia by the Viking orbiter in 1976.

In fact it comes from a comic book published in September 1958!

"The Face On Mars", penciled by Jack Kirby and inked by Al Williamson. – On an expedition from the Earth's moon to the planet Mars, an international team of astronauts – led by American Ben Fisher – discover a huge carving of a Martian face – that's as big as a mountain! Ascending to the inscrutable statue's hollow eyes, Fisher plunges inside, where he finds a green, sunlit countryside with cool, rich and breathable air, one which shelters a civilization of "magnificent giants".
www.bob-wonderland.supanet.com...

According to some, we were already on Mars in the late fifties!! Remember Alternative 3? So was this comic book inspired from a discovery made then?

Thought I'd post it here as it seems pretty intriguing to say the least!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Perhaps this comic was the reason the whole face on mars debate began? Though granted the face on mars does indeed look like a face on mars to begin with.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   

possibly!

I have stated before, the more I look at the more detailed photos, the more it looks like the right side of the face caved in. They have also chosen to use certain photos that show the least resemblance ... which it can still be seen.

I can't say for sure either way, which is why I defend the possibility!

With all the suspicious behavior of NASA and the lot ... giving us 1% of the video and pictures we pay for ... I wouldn't be surprised if such was true.

Though ... if you look at he comic, that face is the wrong way ... it is vertical, not laying down.

Interesting nonetheless!

I love to contemplate the endless possibilities, thanks

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Truly amazing find as usual Mikesingh. I would try to find a copy of this book to inspect it for more clues in plain sight. Who is the writer, I did not see this, Jack Kirby was in the elite of the comic industry. He had too much influence on peoples minds to not be involved in masonry, or employed by the Mind Control clan.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist

Though ... if you look at he comic, that face is the wrong way ... it is vertical, not laying down.

Maybe it fell over, and caved in on one side, since 1958.

I can already see a new thread on "Fallen Monuments of Mars" coming.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I believe this standing-fallen argument is answered by the 10 percent real info-90 percent disinfo formula used by Hollywood and Print media, as well as education system. I am sure the puppet masters told them what to write, the writer took it as a vertical face, as well as its more dramatic to have the people climbing a sheer wall.

. The text says..."Report from Moon to Mars expidition #1 "Upon reaching the Red planet, made discovery of startling nature.. Initial study of object now under way: Have Measured its dimentions: analised its substance : Present Objective is to find out the secret of... THE FACE ON MARS

text in dialouge box at bottom says "With the aid of vacume gloves and shoes, Koski, Brennan, Lake, and I Ben Fisher, Made the ascent to the eyes of that giant martian face!

the 4 people in the discussion say...

"Well we made the climb...Now what Fisher?"
Fisher: "Our Job with the Mars expedition is exploration isnt' it?"

It seems someone is trying to tell the people of 50's something. Who are these people Koski, Brennan, Lake, and Ben Fisher? Any link to real people involved in space programs , or real astronaut names?

Isn't Ben Fisher the name of Arnolds character name in "The Running Man"?

[edit on 12-8-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Very intriguing. Great find Mike; thanks for sharing.

Not only does this comic book representation look similar to the Mars face, it also uses 'the Face on Mars' in the title.

You should send a copy to Richard C. Hoagland.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

Darn! His theories are fit for comic books anyway!
But I wonder what his take would be? Good idea. I think I'll email him!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Interesting, but stuff happens. There was a novel published several years before the Titanic sank about a huge new passenger ship that was struck by ice and sank in the North Atlantic. It's name was the Titania. During WWII well before Hiroshima a science fiction author published a short story about another planet where one nation had developed a super-powerful bomb using radioactive materials. He got a lot of the details right--and a visit from the FBI. Still, this kind of thing makes you wonder if telepathy time travels backwards.

[edit on 8/12/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The face on the cover reminds me of the digital "face" of the MCP from the movie "Tron".

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

Not only does this comic book representation look similar to the Mars face, it also uses 'the Face on Mars' in the title.

Mr Hoagland is the proper age to have read (and then forgotten)
that comic book when it hit the comic book racks.

i don't exactly recall that comic at the time, but 1958 would have put me in the comic book fan group...and sci-fi & space oriented comics at that,
so i may have read it in that era...just can't say for sure,...
as i'm sure Richard Hoagland would also say about himself.

my cousins were into the War & Battle comics at that time (late 1950s)

'The Martian Chronicles', in paperback,
'Tarzan on Mars' series of comicbooks
'The War of the Worlds'....
all that Martian stuff was pretty 'hot' at that time of that comicbook,
so a Mars Face fantasy story was an offshoot likely to be imagined,
with no real world linkage to any secret Mars explorations as a basis for the story

thanks,

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The face seems pretty generic, ie. it looks like how a human face is usually depicted, when having no emotions of any kind. So I believe it to be a coincidence.. After all, scifi stories were all the rage back then, so no wonder that it coincided..

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This is not new to Hoagland, I remember reading it, he writes of this comic and other comics on this page:

Face on mars comic

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
How intriguing! There's been so many re-runs in this forum lately it's nice to find out something new that I never knew before.

This 'Face on Mars' 1950's comic is so weird, it really does seem to be more than a coincidence that it predates our own 'Face on Mars' found 40 years later.

Actually, quite frankly, it sends shivers up my spine because it confirms what so many of us have been saying all along that there's a covert elite group who are years and years ahead of mainstream technology and science.

I think this comic book story should be taken very seriously. There are just too many similarities between this comic story and its graphics -- and what was found 40 years later on Mars to just brush it off as just a coincidence.

Maybe it would be worth our while to evaluate all of Kirby's comics to see if anything else is there that's worth focusing on.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The picture on the comic reminds of an easter island type face. Cool find though, its probably a coincidence, but you just don't know these days.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
the face of mars is bandwidth exceeded, i knew it all along.

can you fix the image and also the link so us late comers have some clue as to what you are talking about.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

"The Face On Mars", penciled by Jack Kirby and inked by Al Williamson. – On an expedition from the Earth's moon to the planet Mars, an international team of astronauts – led by American Ben Fisher – discover a huge carving of a Martian face – that's as big as a mountain! Ascending to the inscrutable statue's hollow eyes, Fisher plunges inside, where he finds a green, sunlit countryside with cool, rich and breathable air, one which shelters a civilization of "magnificent giants". Suddenly, the otherworldly city is attacked by insect-like airborne craft, which bomb the giant's homeland into ruins. Outraged, Fisher blasts away at the potato-like invaders who emerge from the landing aircraft, offering them a taste of their own "medicine". Appalled by the wanton destruction, Fisher eventually locates a hidden stronghold of the surviving members of the race of Martian giants. As he eavesdrops, the Earthman sees one them pilot a rocket to destroy their enemy's home base, an unknown planet located somewhere between Mars and Jupiter! Suddenly, Fisher begins to gasp for breath! Blacking out as he falls into oblivion, Fisher eventually awakens on the floor of the Martian desert, with an oxygen mask strapped to his face, while his expedition-mates hover over him. Fisher explains that the statue contains "a visual history of a race's heroic death – and the triumph of a surviving memory". Later, as they pilot their rocket to Jupiter, to Earth, Fisher and his team take careful notice of the debris-strewn asteroid belt – "the pieces of a planet that blew up between Mars and Jupiter".

It speaks for itself.
It almost seems as an outcry from someone who had top secret clearance, learned something, then wanted, no needed to get it out into the public! Its almost like a warning...

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Very nice thread and find. Its interesting to note the post on Hoagland being the right age, like myself, who were probably very avid readers of not only comic books, but those novellete type publications such as Astounding If and Galaxy. Many of the authors went on to become Authors and illustrators like Assimov and Sternbech , the latter who worked on most of the Star Trek props, designs, etc to this day.

In studying repressed memories of people who suddenly speak a foreign tongue it was found that many had been exposed to the language early on. This is a good testament to the power of the brain to retain info, particularly at very early ages and later it comes out as an idea. Somewhere back I rcall reading for every invention or concept there are at least six working/thinking the same thing. In a way I like that, a natural hedge against ideas disappearing into oblivion. Early writers of Mars in the 1900's claimed to see canals and infrastructures. Nothing really seems to be lost, and someone somewhere along the line will surely have a cog jolteted and the gears start moving for a new idea. Perhaps all that we could ever think is already there for us.

SyS

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Wow, how interesting! I never knew of it, and if i did, i had forgotten after so many years!!!

This is incredible, and i dont beleive in coinsidences- Someone knew something back then!

Amazing

Richard C Hoagland
He owns the moon, and Mars, you know.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This is too crazy!!!!!!!! It makes me doubt everything Ive ever been told.
Were they in contact with aliens??
Did they reach space much sooner than we're told???
Or are they part of some ancient elites who have preserved ancient knowledge passed down from aliens in Babylon and Sumeria and so on, that have utmost secret control of everything everywhere??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join