It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Bank freezes US funds;Stocks Plunge on Rising Credit Anxiety

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think that the people who are cheering about this because they think it's somehow going to bring justice are completely missing the point. If there is a worldwide recession we are all going to suffer except for the rich. Maybe some will suffer sooner than others, but we are in this together. Also, the American people (consumers) did not cause this with their spending habits. At least not by themselves. I agree with the idea that people should live within their means, but everyone is going to be affected by this whether they have debt or not.

When you look at the larger economy and you want to see it clearly, you have to pay attention to history and the longer term patterns. Anyone here seen the Money Masters? Or read any of the Rich Dad, Poor Dad books? The foxes have been guarding the hen houses and fattening them up and eventually there is going to be a slaughter.

The best thing we can do is to educate ourselves, pay attention, and stick together. If we start fighting and blaming eachother we are just distracting ourselves and others from what is really going on.

Also, those who think this all began and will end with the W administration are going to be sadly shocked when his term is over with. This is a very old problem and it's not going away if we wait long enough.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm not clear on just how much more raw cash can be dumped in to this market before there is none left. I understand tha the Fed can continue to print money untilthe cows come home, but the the banksand funds themselves can't hope to plug this hole, can they? I'm thinking that even ifthe FEd does back off on the prime rate by a full point, it still can't save us. Am I wrong?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
when the Chinese make a move, it will be MUCH worse than this.

Yes I understand, but they are behind all this happening waiting for their next move, infinite.

One thing that the whole issue is making people forget is the fact that Bush and cheney had been struggling to push their war into Iran.

This is all related, China is going around the bushes spreading fear of what US dollar may face in the future.

Believe it or not this all talk and warnings are making the rest of the world antsy and worry, this is creating a panic and that panic is affecting US without China doing anything yet to directly affect us.

This is robbing the confidence that other nations have.

I don't know if you see the link like I do.

I see the feds in a panic but they still do not do anything to the interest rates, why do you think is that?

Now the feds are doing a transfusion to help alleviate what is happening in the markets, Why is that?

Something is going to happen, something big.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
I'm not clear on just how much more raw cash can be dumped in to this market before there is none left.

That is my point exactly Justin, it have to be very bad for the fed doing this now, the federal banks is not about losing money, I feel that the big lie about our economy and our weak dollar is catching up and very fast.

Do not believe what wall street is telling us they are still in denial.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The bit i found interesting, is that two days ago, the economy was doing great, and now its all gloom. You would think that the people on tv, would tell the truth for once, and at least cramer, did say something.

I would like to know what it is cramer knows, and why he spoke out like he did on tv, while others never say a word. Does not the public have a right to know whats up, or do we as slaves just accept what happens, because our masters can do it, because we have let them become so powerful.

All we here at ats know, is that the american economy is flase, and the europeans need to keep it that way, to build there global empire.

I love the smiles of the big companies that know they will just come in and eat up all the small priced stocks, so they can make a fortune, while most are losing probably serious money. Isn't that te way the world today works. What happened yesterday reminds me of the story of how the rothchilds took over the london stock exchange, after napolean was defeated, with insider trading.

Theres always someone getting rich, and i notice they reported there were enormous amounts of trades yesterday, so at least like they said on the tv, london stock exchange is happy.

[edit on 8/10/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
The bit i found interesting, is that two days ago, the economy was doing great, and now its all gloom. You would think that the people on tv, would tell the truth for once, and at least cramer, did say something.

The warnings has been there but they have been overshadow with lies.

Comment of the Week: Bernanke Quotes Questionable Study

In a speech in Montana on May 1, 2007, the current Chairman of the Federal Reserve Board said "the increase in trade since World War II has boosted U.S. annual incomes on the order of $10,000 per household (Bradford, Grieco, and Hufbauer, 2006)."

Comments like this made things look good but they are are only base on assumptions now proven wrong with the morgage problem facing us now.

They are to show a pretty picture but lack the variables that comes with our economy and standards of living.

www.economyincrisis.org...

The US Housing Bust IS a Big Deal

As U.S. home prices at the national level begin to decline for the first time since the Great Depression, most Wall Street analysts maintain their rosy outlook for the U.S. economy by allowing hope to triumph over experience.

In maintaining their rosy economic outlook, most Wall Street analysts choose to ignore Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke's recent reminder that a protracted decline in home prices could have a material impact on consumer spending

Then you most wonder why the warnings has been ignored.

Like I said we are a nation of consumers no savers and as consumers, When people get scare they stop buying and that in a nation that depend on consumer spending is not good news at all.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I don't own stocks or anything along those lines, some mortgage free property and thats it for me.

Cramer blows his top,
MARKET MELTDOWN

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Wonderful post, on a subject I know little about, but i read every one, only one person used the one word I had in my mind, "Manipulation,"

How much does this play a role?

www.bloomberg.com...

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

Ummm... who here notices at least two things very wrong about relying on this chart for any useful information?

I'm still not sure what the OP point was for posting this 12mo DJIA chart?...but I do see two things, two areas of concern:

1. A bearish head & shoulders formation beginning in late June.

2. A bearish megaphone formation (higher highs - lower lows) beginning in late July.

A close below 13,000 will complete these patterns setting the stage for a substantial correction.

Every dollar made in the market...eventually represents a dollar lost...to someone...somewhere. In terms of the subprime market, most of those CDO's were rolled-over several times. The real bagholders are the lenders and insurers at the end of the leverage chain. Just like the home buyers that bought at the top.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by OBE1]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hum, the federal reserve is going to have an emergency meeting, but wall streets analyst fear that this will cause more anxiety on the American consumer.

Anybody have heard anything about the emergency meeting?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Hum, the federal reserve is going to have an emergency meeting, but wall streets analyst fear that this will cause more anxiety on the American consumer.

Perhaps there will be talk of bringing this plan forward?

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Futures markets began betting Friday that the Federal Reserve will institute an emergency interest rate cut this month in the wake of the credit worries that have roiled U.S. markets in recent weeks.

The latest reading suggested there is a 24 percent chance that the central bank will lower a key short-term interest rate in August. Markets were not betting on a rate cut in August immediately following the Federal Reserve's policy meeting on Tuesday.

money.cnn.com...

[edit on 10/8/2007 by Muppetus Galacticus]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

If i was a stock broker, i would not like the signs, of what these groups are doing. They are sending signals that they do not know what they are doing, and people must be uneasy. One day everything is great and now, everything is wrong, which is it.

The thing they need to do, is get rid of the rumours and find out the facts, of the situation.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Thanks for the info, both of you.

Is funny that one thing that should be avoided at all cost is spending fears.

Americans needs to keep spending, spending and spending that is what we are good for.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Thanks for the info, both of you.

Is funny that one thing that should be avoided at all cost is spending fears.

Americans needs to keep spending, spending and spending that is what we are good for.

Its rather simplistic, but its true. The people have no real power in that either, because things like peer pressure, ensures youlot will always have to spend.

Just be thankful, that you are that important to the leaders, that they want our money so badly, that they will keep america going at all costs.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Point: The economy is fine.

Point: Inserting liquidity into the market is for one purpose: To ease the market's fears. So as that it does not become a real problem. There are more emotions than logic in the market -- The money wasn't intended to do anything but stave off people's fears of the market continuing to fall.

Point: This 'drop' has set us back several weeks, and may rebound within the next several days.

Point: This is in no way indicative of any sort of trouble domestically, or internationally. This was expected, and planned for by multiple agencies. Then why the relatively drastic hit? Because while preparing for this inevitability, at the same time, they also had to profit from the event as long as it would go. People developed and maintained a vulnerability.

Point: What you are all experiencing here is the exact feeling the liquid assets were meant to waylay. It's all emotions. The stockmarket is still doing wonderfully.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
so the addition to the market went from16 to 38 billion Still don't think it's going to help much. The slant doctors are t it again. Also, the SEC's looking for cooked books

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown looked to reassure investors.

"There will always be issues with the markets, and of course we cannot insulate ourselves from events that are happening in all parts of the world," he said.

"I think the important message to be sent is we have done everything in our power to maintain the stability of the British economy."

news.bbc.co.uk...

The UK Prime Minister NEVER comments on the stock market. so its serious now.

News reported banks, in the UK, will no longer issue a mortgage to risky consumers.

1 in 5 jobs in the Private sector are at risk. Pension funds are now longer positive.

In other words, the UK economy is going to take a hit.

British news are now fearing either a UK or even a global recession.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well the bubble has burst. They said that unemployment is low, Ya right I have taken tons of applications in the last two months. I dont get it, The fed drops intrest rates to save the economy after 9/11. Morons lets house prices go to the roof and then the rates go up. Now we have lots of investers stuck with homes they cant even sell for a small loss in profit and not to mention the 7 million people who took a non-fixed loan to get a house that will loose their homes if they cant get in a fixed one. Americans are paying 50% more for goods than they were a couple of years ago and most workers are doing more work without a raise in pay. Thanks to the Fed and big oil Americans are suffering and we have about had it
This country needs an enema starting at the top.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
I don't own stocks or anything along those lines, some mortgage free property and thats it for me.

Cramer blows his top,
MARKET MELTDOWN

sad thing is, if you watch the full version, CNBC cut it and place a disclaimer to discredit his views.

what the guy said is true.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown looked to reassure investors.

And you know why he is doing this . . . the same reason the federal reserve did three transfusions . . .

You do not want a mass hysteria among consumers and have hordes of people running to their banks to pull their money out . . .

Or people just stopping from spending over night . . .

That is why the fear most be stop, "everything is just fine, just a littler glitch, it happens and it will be OK . . . just have faith" . . . so they tell us.

Let see if the transfusions will do the work, or we may forget all about the markets if US attacks Iran or we get another 9/11 . . .

Or perhaps Paris Hilton get another big day in jail

[edit on 10-8-2007 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join