It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists Win: Americans Living In Perpetual Fear

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Tomorrow is another day we can't/wont just curl up and die we are survivors.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
United States citizens do not live in fear. The government might but we as a people do not.

The United States is a GREAT country !!!!
Not because of it's government but because of it's people.

I believe all terrorists are cowards.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Yes you are for now............ It ain't gonna last is it? Your government has sowed the seeds of your own destruction through it's overeach Militarily, economically and politically, as has always been the case with Empires.

It's a shame really, your country used to be the shining beacon of hope for the impoverished and abused, now it is shrouded in fear, hate and lies. I hope you can come out the end of it in 1 piece like us British did. Plus i hope we are clever enough not to be dragged down with you.

Interestingly, PM, for all the dark and desparate picture you paint of the USA, there appears to be a large number of people still trying to get here.

I'm not entirely sure you are 100% wrong, by any means. By the same token you appear, to me, to have a really jaded picture in your mind and seem to not be bothered by the fact that the USA could be brought down.

That is sad, but mainly because I live here. I don't live in fear, I'm not sure we're right in some of the ways we are handling the problems in the Middle East, but I sure don't think I take delight, secret, or otherwise, in seeing Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, or any of the other countries being as badly mauled as some of them are.

Seems like we take delight in pounding our chests and throwing around numbers of people who will, ultimately, be maimed or die, as a result of this war, which I too, feel is coming. But then, I had the distinct and strange "honor" of having been a military medic in combat conditions in my life, and I don't just see the various types of trauma, and death as numbers to be bandied about, or the fate of, perhaps millions of people to be slapped around so lightly on forums.

War is tragedy, maiming and death are pretty absolute, and for the most part, final. I don't wish that on anyone.

That is what would happen if the US ever went down. Even in a weakened state, do you think, in such a cavlier fashion, that the US wouldn't make life rough on the rest of the world?

Not an outcome that I want to see...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'd say we live in a state of perpetually 'pissed'......NOT fear.

While we might say we feel "no safer", that's not automatically to say we live in fear.......cars kill more people in this country than do terrorists, and yet I'm not afraid of my car.

I would even go so far as to say 'we' are a much greater danger to ourselves than the terrorists are.......and I'm not even that fearful of 'us'!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join