It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists Win: Americans Living In Perpetual Fear

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Terrorists Win: Americans Living In Perpetual Fear

infowars.com

The majority of people in America feel less safe now than they did before the 9/11 attacks in spite of the introduction of terror related legislation and laws such as the PATRIOT act, the domestic spying program and the Military Commissions act, according to a recent scientific poll.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is not surprising, for every piece of legislation that clamps down on terrorism, there are 3 new threats of terrorism. I'm tired of the fear mongering, and I hope they aren't preparing us for another attack on our country and our freedoms. How safe do you feel?

infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I don't think it's the terrorist who have won, but the Media and News.
They're the one's reporting every little thing that may or may not be terrorist related and often make it out to be more than it is, sensationalizing everthing.

We could have a million new laws in place, I don't think that scares people, to me it's still the way those laws are being reported to the people and the "threats", real or not?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Millions of Americans go out to work or get their kids home, or enjoy pleasure, so I don't think the terrorists won anything.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'm not afraid...people around me don't look afraid...

I don't see many people who are in "perpetual fear" around.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Please disregard this message !

[edit on 9-8-2007 by discomfit]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Fear mongering for sure. Along with this:

Former CIA Director: Terrorist Strike Within U.S. Real Threat

Former CIA Director R. James Woolsey tells NewsMax in an exclusive interview that terrorists could strike the American homeland — possibly with a weapon of mass destruction — this summer or early fall.

"I think the threat of a serious attack in the next few months is very real," Woolsey said. A terrorist strike with a dirty bomb or with biological weapons was "a real possibility."

In the longer term, Woolsey said it was essentially that the U.S. beef up its military forces and to prepare Americans psychologically and politically for a long war with radical Islamic terrorists.

OK, and consider the Source: www.newsmax.com...

I am getting a little tired of saying this but:

Heads = They attack us now
Tails = They attack us later

Your toss.

I live in Florida and therefore have a higher liklihood of getting struck by lightning than killed by a terrorist.

Deny Fear!

Regards....kk

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
humm, i know some people like to believe "infowars" is reliable...but imo it is not reliable in the least. I go out everyday, and I still see kids and their families out in the parks, laughing, playing, picniquing, etc. People go to work as usual. i also see some muslim people now and then walking in the streets, or muslim women taking their kids to a movie theater and noone looks at them funny or makes any malicious remarks or anything like that...

Sites like "infowars" are the ones trying to bring people into a state of fear for their own goals....

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm an American and I feel pretty safe. What are the chances that you will be killed by terrorism? Not very high.

More people die from smoking every two days then died in 911.

Fifteen times as many people die in auto accidents in a year than the terrorists murdered on 911, yet I still drive my car.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
just because the possibility of terror is hyped...

and because certain groups in society make terror topics high on their list

does not mean that terrorists have won
or that 'fear of attacks' is an all consuming behavior all across America.

Neither I, or my friends/acquaintences have changed one iota of our routines....to accomodate any unlikely terrorist attacks.
The thought of meeting up with a serial killer, militant Jihadists, or even a mugger is about 10 degrees of distance from being high on my list of priorites...
but as for forum talk, the topic is 'on-the-table'
...for that occasion only...and then terrorists are a back-burner item.

sorry, i shant click a 'star' for this topic

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
They haven't won. They won't win unless the Democrats get in office next year and we pack it up and go back and try to live as if there were no threat. By the way, I don't live in fear. What will happen will happen. Those who would try and destroy America should just know that if they do decide to bring in a dirty bomb or some type of nuclear device that once it is detonated, what happens next will be tragic for them and their whole region of the world. So, no, I don't live in "fear."

[edit on 9-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
How many americans feel unsure about crossing bridges now, even though are safe. You can bet alot think about the bridge collapse in the twin cities, while they cross all those bridges they do everyday.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Nothing else to add.

[edit on 8/9/2007 by ThichHeaded]

apc

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The conspiracy theorist in me is a little concerned. My city, Kansas City, has been getting a lot of national media attention lately. This coupled with the significant increase in aerial military activity over the city has raised an eyebrow. I've seen more chinooks and groups of military choppers in the past 3 months than I have in the past 3 years. No change in ground activitiy, only choppers. I don't know what's been going on, but it is definitely abnormal.

As far as everyone else... not sure. I see a lot of people at the grocery store avoid one of the Muslim cashiers. It's not all bad... her line is always short.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

As far as everyone else... not sure. I see a lot of people at the grocery store avoid one of the Muslim cashiers. It's not all bad... her line is always short.

See, to me, that is the unfortunate part of this whole bit. It's a shame that there are going to be many innocents pay for the action of a handful of nuts. Really,sad.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Sites like "infowars" are the ones trying to bring people into a state of fear for their own goals....

So did you bother to click the link and actually read the article, or after you saw the link to Infowars, you quickly discredited this article just on the basis, that it is from the site owned by mister Alex Jones? You don't like him, huh? Anyway, please - try to focus and read:

Angus Reid Global Monitor

Many people in the United States feel their country is less safe now than six years ago when, it was the target of a major terrorist attack, according to a poll by Hart/Newhouse released by The Wall Street Journal and NBC News. 37 per cent of respondents feel the U.S. is more vulnerable today, up 14 points since September.

Conversely, 34 per cent of respondents think the U.S. is safer now—down eight points in 10 months—and 27 per cent believe the country is about as safe.

Source: Hart/Newhouse / The Wall Street Journal / NBC News
Methodology: Telephone interviews with 1,005 American adults, conducted from Jul. 27 to Jul. 30, 2007. Margin of error is 3.1 per cent.

So what does the source say? Does it say Alex Jones? Or Infowars? Or PrisonPlanet? Sorry mate, but it is according to a poll which was not made by mister Alex Jones. It has more to do with newspapers such as The Wall Street Journal and NBC News, which have released the numbers, saying that 37% of Americans do not feel safe. Now perhaps you do not belong to these 37% and maybe your neighbours do not either. Facts are, that fear is now a part of American society and when an accident happens (such as bridge collapse or a pipe exploding) everybody firstly thinks the very same question: "WAS IT A TERRORIST ATTACK!?!?"

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

So did you bother to click the link and actually read the article, or after you saw the link to Infowars, you quickly discredited this article just on the basis, that it is from the site owned by mister Alex Jones? You don't like him, huh? Anyway, please - try to focus and read

Thankyou Souljah, you beat me to it. There is no sense in attacking the messenger, infowars usually just writes articles based on other news reports.

Is it too much to ask to actually read the article before you post?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
Thankyou Souljah, you beat me to it. There is no sense in attacking the messenger, infowars usually just writes articles based on other news reports.

You are welcome.

I think more people should read this words and live by them:

Is it too much to ask to actually read the article before you post?

For some people I guess it is too much.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
So did you bother to click the link and actually read the article, or after you saw the link to Infowars, you quickly discredited this article just on the basis, that it is from the site owned by mister Alex Jones? You don't like him, huh? Anyway, please - try to focus and read:

Still infowars decided to run this story too, so they are as much guilty as NBC, or The Wall Street Journal.

BTW, they interviewed 1005 people..... I am still amazed that some people still think that such a short number of people can speak out for an entire nation of over 300 million.... Sorry, but no statistics claiming such surveys are right are going to change my mind.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The terrorists have not won.

I go where ever I want, when I want. If I fly and have to take off my shoes and belt, so be it. I would rather get redressed then become a martyr of someone elses crusade. I read things such as F#$% Bush on a daily basis, so there is not a crackdown on the media reporting or control by our GOP government.

Everyday there are worse stories on the news than the threat of a terror attack. Mothers killing children and sons killing wifes???I am more afraid of my neighbors than Al-qeada.

However, the fact is that there is a true threat, and has been for years. Embasssy bombings to 9/11, there has been a threat. If you see a guy in a trenchcoat in the summer, walk the other way, observe and if you feel compelled, call the police. chances are someone that out of place does not belong anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join