It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists Win: Americans Living In Perpetual Fear

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Esdad, not only have we not lost, we won't.. I don't only believe that, I know it.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
We are living and walking freely. We are not dead. So why do you all say we lose? Do you want us to lose?

We may live in fear but we still have freedom which the terrorists are against. As long as we have freedom, we still stand.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I think the assertion that the "terrorists win" is absurd. Terror (fear) is not an end, it is a means. I don't think bin Laden is dancing in some palace or cave because "the Americans are afraid." He is a very intelligent individual that knows how to combat bureaucratic militaries.

Also, this assumes that terrorists are a solidified group with a common goal. False. I don't think the terrorists in East Europe have the same goals as the terrorists in the West. Osama bin Laden wanted to bleed America to bankruptcy by provoking us into a war so that our powerful military and economy couldn't meddle in regional affairs, such as America's continuous support of the House of Saud. This is similar to how America wanted to bleed the Soviet Union into bankruptcy in Afghanistan in the 80s. Osama was around then and very observant--as much as I may hate his methods of warfare, he is no fool.

When it comes to the security-liberty spectrum, the only winners and loser are those who feel security or liberty is most important. For those that feel security is most important, they are the "winners" atm.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The terrorists haven't won by any standard. For the most part, our economy has fully recovered after the 9/11 attacks. Americans are going about their lives and their business with relative normalcy- especially considering Islamofascists are doing everything they can to plan their murder. Obviously our lives have changed and there are plenty of differences between the world we live in now and the world we lived in pre-9/11. But that doesn't equate to a victory for terrorism. That's just our nation conducting a war against our enemy, and the American people adapting to the threats that we face.

Without going off on a rant or hijacking this thread, I must say that the only real victory that the terrorists could see in their immediate future is if we withdraw prematurely from Iraq and allow their government to collapse and their nation to become the number one state for exporting terror. That is exactly what al Qaida wants, and sadly there is a large number of American citizens and politicians who are fighting to give them just that. We are allowing bin Laden's prophecies/predictions to come true, when he said that the American people have no patience and no tolerance for losing troops. While each life is precious and each loss is heart-breaking, the American fatalities in this war are infinitely less than previous wars. And I blame the American media, moreso than the American people, for overhyping the losses and bad news that has come out of this war. If this "surge" is successful and makes strides, do you think the media will report it with the same vigor and attention that they've given the negative news in this war? I doubt it.

But back to the main subject here. While I disagree with the premise that the terrorists have won or are winning, I think there is a lot of validity to the argument that us living in fear is giving the enemy what they want. I don't think that the overwhelming majority of the American people are actually living in fear. Clearly, most of us are concerned. But we're not waking up every morning with the thoughts of being blown up at the forefront of our minds or such thoughts dominating our thinking throughout the course of our days.

This of course could all change in an instant. When I read stories about the school attack in Russia just being a training exercise for major, large-scale school attacks in the US, I become genuinely concerned. I think an attack on our children would escalate this war to unseen levels. I also think it would cause widespread civil unrest and attacks by citizens on the Muslim communities here at home. And the sick part is that is what al Qaida wants. They want the American people to irrationally act and turn against the Muslim people here at home. They think that will turn moderate and mainstream Muslims into al Qaida-supporters and sympathisers. It all remains to be seen...

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I live in fear of bridges but always have.

This doesn't help. It think it was watching the clip of galloping girdy when I was little.

Do I live in fear? No, never have, still don't.

like the PP said, my chances of a car wreck are higher. I am far more concerned about the poison in the food and the possible price of produce next year from drought and lack of bees.

I feel that people are beyond tired of the cry wolf on terrorism. people are tired of 9/11 being played. I think that the WMD or lack thereof, has opened people's eyes to the corruption of government.

So all the new threats of possible terrorist attacks are to try to rekindle support for the war.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
the headline reads "Perpetual Fear" and the data indicates that americans 'feel less safe'.

www.google.com...
i suppose having an agenda is the only prerequisite.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by jprophet420]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I'm an American and I feel pretty safe. What are the chances that you will be killed by terrorism? Not very high.

More people die from smoking every two days then died in 911.

Fifteen times as many people die in auto accidents in a year than the terrorists murdered on 911, yet I still drive my car.

566000 get killed by cancer every year in america...

=1500 a day!!!

thats 3 nukes.

240040 get killed every year by FDA approved prescription from big pharma drugs.

=600 a day!!

thats a nuke.

terrorists only managed to kill 12000 worldwide over 5 years including irak,afganistan and 9/11.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by esecallum]

[edit on 9-8-2007 by esecallum]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I am in no way afraid of terrorists.
I don't change anything I do because I'm afraid of them.

I don't live in fear and nobody I know lives in fear.
If there is another terrorist strike in the US, it won't make me afraid, just more angry.

Oh, and that whole GUT FEELING crap from our administration, I don't believe either. They lost all credibility with me. They cried wolf too many times.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luap
I think the assertion that the "terrorists win" is absurd. Terror (fear) is not an end, it is a means. I don't think bin Laden is dancing in some palace or cave because "the Americans are afraid." He is a very intelligent individual that knows how to combat bureaucratic militaries.

He also knows that he's in a war that he can never win... As you said, the guy is not an idiot.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
The terrorists haven't won by any standard. For the most part, our economy has fully recovered after the 9/11 attacks.

It's stronger now than it has ever been in the history of the U.S.. Look at the Dow. What is it now, 14000? It has never been that high. NEVER!!

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Speaker, I'm not sure the dow is all that good of an economic indicator.

check this out.........

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm getting all my money out of the market and investing in shotgun shells.

12 ga. and a few boxes of 38 hollow points.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I'm getting all my money out of the market and investing in shotgun shells.

That's not a bad idea either.
I certainly am not blindly optimistic.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It just occurred to me.......

Buying all this ammo....what am I skeered of?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

A collapse of the system most likely. If and when the system collapses, there is going to be chaos. If you are even able to step outside your door, you had better have some form of protection, or, just be like me and look like a mean mother...

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

A collapse of the system most likely. If and when the system collapses, there is going to be chaos.

Just a thought........

Could this be what them goldarn a rab terrist had in mind all along?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I have only one conspiracy theory. I do believe there are elites of diverse kinds and means who wish fear upon us common folk and facilitate said fear mongering by various media outlets and the producing of "news" from said outlets. Blogging has hampered this wave somewhat, yet will not prevail as the cat is out of the bag, so to speak.
War is the driver of this fear, and war between ideologies and beliefs I do belive, will become the facilitator of a climatic middle eastern/syrian-russian confligration resulting in the tragedy of destruction that will give those occultic forces the impetus to implement their long awaited plans....

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It's not the terrorists that win, it is the companies making money off it. Blackwater and other mercenary companies plus all the energy companies.

Im afraid to say the majority of Americans have been brainwashed into submission.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Just a thought........

Could this be what them goldarn a rab terrist had in mind all along?

Well, assuming that they are responsible for the whole 9/11 thing, which I am not completely sure of, but that is neither here nor there, they certainly were targeting our economic system. They were certainly hoping for the collapse of the system. However, it seems that it actually had the opposite effect. It only made us stronger, but, as you mentioned, it all may just be a flash in the pan before the collapse.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Speaker- How strong do you think America is? I don't think you will be able to tak many more reversals. You will just about survive the war in Iraq but your army will be pretty much spent. How about the next time your government feels it needs to spread 'democarcy', or if a country stands up to you?

I don't know much about economics, but i know your in debt to nigh on a trillion dollars. That can't be good. When, not if, a serious world depression hits and the debtors come a knocking what will happen?

Basically you are being done over by this administration, who seem to have only thoughts for shareholders of the energy and defense companies.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Americans win !!!
Terrorists living in caves and riding donkeys !!

Whomever came up with the thread statement should have actually asked americans before saying it .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join