It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists Win: Americans Living In Perpetual Fear

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Speaker- How strong do you think America is?

Uh, the strongest nation on earth..

I can't disagree with most of your post, but, you asked a question and I gave you the answer.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Yes you are for now............ It ain't gonna last is it? Your government has sowed the seeds of your own destruction through it's overeach Militarily, economically and politically, as has always been the case with Empires.

It's a shame really, your country used to be the shining beacon of hope for the impoverished and abused, now it is shrouded in fear, hate and lies. I hope you can come out the end of it in 1 piece like us British did. Plus i hope we are clever enough not to be dragged down with you.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole

Thankyou Souljah, you beat me to it. There is no sense in attacking the messenger, infowars usually just writes articles based on other news reports.

Exactly. I'm so tired of hearing people say they don't even read articles with an infowars or prisonplanet url. They say that Alex Jones is unreliable. How can you say that!? Alex Jones said the government's about to stage a mass false-flag attack in NY to blame on their political enemies two months before it happened. No other media source was that insightful. The executive branch claims they had no idea. And this is just one of countless examples of where Alex Jones reports what's happening before all major media outlets or government spokespeople do. And like AcesInTheHole said, 99% of the time he's quoting other widely-accepted "reliable" sources anyway. The difference is infowars publishes pertinant, relevant news without a bunch of fluff pieces feathered around to blind us to the importance of certain issues like other news sites do.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by freight tomsen]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by Rasputin13
The terrorists haven't won by any standard. For the most part, our economy has fully recovered after the 9/11 attacks.

It's stronger now than it has ever been in the history of the U.S.. Look at the Dow. What is it now, 14000? It has never been that high. NEVER!!

Yes and it always peaks before a bust. The dollar is dropping ridiculously on the world market. Here in Thailand I've never seen the baht so high against the American dollar. If you have stocks, now's the time to pull them out because they're about as high as they'll get before the depression causing drop that's coming. Buy gold. My dad's switched to precious metals and is making thousands more than his old investments.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Speaker- How strong do you think America is?

Uh, the strongest nation on earth..

I can't disagree with most of your post, but, you asked a question and I gave you the answer.

Spoken like a true Texan.

Peru, Please don't confuse the people with the government. As you have seen so much on here, the people are not happy with the way things are and we are trying do do something about it. We are two completely different entities, very much at odds right now. And we don't have as much power as people like to think. But we are trying to change that.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by freight tomsen

The terrorists haven't won by any standard. For the most part, our economy has fully recovered after the 9/11 attacks.

It's stronger now than it has ever been in the history of the U.S.. Look at the Dow. What is it now, 14000? It has never been that high. NEVER!!

Yes and it always peaks before a bust. The dollar is dropping ridiculously on the world market. Here in Thailand I've never seen the baht so high against the American dollar. If you have stocks, now's the time to pull them out because they're about as high as they'll get before the depression causing drop that's coming. Buy gold. My dad's switched to precious metals and is making thousands more than his old investments.

I heard today that you want to invest right now in medical, technology, and food.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I don't think the media speaks for the majority, in fact I would wager most Americans are more aware than before, but in "Fear"? No.

I believe that the majority have had their eyes opened.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Yes you are for now............ It ain't gonna last is it? Your government has sowed the seeds of your own destruction through it's overeach Militarily, economically and politically, as has always been the case with Empires.

It's a shame really, your country used to be the shining beacon of hope for the impoverished and abused, now it is shrouded in fear, hate and lies. I hope you can come out the end of it in 1 piece like us British did. Plus i hope we are clever enough not to be dragged down with you.

It's funny how people point the finger at the USA, but in reality it is a world cartel that uses the USA to do it's dirty work. The USA and it's people are still a beacon of hope because we are the melting pot of the world, in fact the USA is a mix of all the rest of the world. The only people that are original American are the Native Americans. I myself am first generation in the US, parent from two different parts of the world.

Don't let the ugly vail of the USA fool you, our core is good, but its people have been used just like the rest of the world.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm more afraid of my government and losing what remaining liberties I have left than I am of terrorists attcaking us again.

With the recent Homeland Security and Presidential Orders that have been signed, I think it's more likely that our government would stage an attack than terrorist. After all, who comes out ahead with another attack? The terrorist or the government?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
What kind of terrorists are people talking about here? Eco - terrorists? Religious terrorists? Terrorist - terrorists? Please, people, don't tell me you are all talking about the same profiled group that the media has now managed to taint with that word, "terror". If you are, then some people need to re-evaluate and examine who it is they see when they hear the word terrorist and why. To me that just comes to show you that all those images of muslims on T.V., all those wonderful speeches by Bush and co, and all of the playing cards with Arab names on them, have done a good job in changing your perceptions and automatically causing you to racially profile muslims. What a shame, what a damn shame. It is too late, we really are already brainwashed.

The greatest terrorist of them all has won. The beloved government.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
My personal opinion: The terrorist, wheter guys who commit bombings and other such activities, the ones who occupy the positions of power or the ones who control the media and sensationalize everything have gained alot lately. Sure families go to picnics, people go to work and life seems like normal. But did you get searched for boarding a bus to your work place before? Did photographers get harrased like they're carrying bazookas (well, very little)? Did you have to give up your liquids before boarding a plane. Just few examples, not to mention the legistlations that are the 'cure' for the terrorism threat.
Just my thoughts

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by souls
What kind of terrorists are people talking about here? Eco - terrorists? Religious terrorists? Terrorist - terrorists? Please, people, don't tell me you are all talking about the same profiled group that the media has now managed to taint with that word, "terror". If you are, then some people need to re-evaluate and examine who it is they see when they hear the word terrorist and why. To me that just comes to show you that all those images of muslims on T.V., all those wonderful speeches by Bush and co, and all of the playing cards with Arab names on them, have done a good job in changing your perceptions and automatically causing you to racially profile muslims. What a shame, what a damn shame. It is too late, we really are already brainwashed.

The greatest terrorist of them all has won. The beloved government.

Truer words were never spoken. If we are defining terrorist, as I assume we would, as creating a state of fear that people live in, our own government meets this description well. Fear is an effective tool that politicians (and presidents) can use to gain power. Fear blinds us and causes us to think irrationally. And, boy are we seeing just how effective it is now or what?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Lenin said "The purpose of terrorism is to terrorise"

I suspect that this works on many levels. If by terrorise you mean the discussion of terrorist activity, and causes for concern about possible attacks and repercussions, then it has worked.

If you mean the disruption of daily life and the implanting of fear into a national consciousness, then it's also worked.

If you mean the subjugation of a nations will by acts and threatened acts, then it has not worked.

It didn't work for the IRA during the mainland UK bombing campaigns, and I can't see it working in the US - both countries are too resilient to let it affect them too much.

But consider that terrorism is also a form of psychological warfare - then you see some of the terrorists tactical aspirations.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I think the real terrorist is television.... at least how it's currently being used as fear-mongering american-idoling pepsi-cola drinking manipulating cash cow instead of a communication medium.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Nixie and others- I think iv'e made it pretty clear that my points are about the Administration and companies that run your country, not the people.

But on the other hand you put them there(Yes possibly the elections were rigged) But either way i don't see any large scale demonstrations against their tyranny.

Back to the origianl point the media generate this fear of terrorists. I mean what is the chance of actually being hurt or killed by a terrorist attack, especcialy in America? They must be huge.

Just go about your lives and ignore this terrible media you have, and don't be afraid to cross bridges.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

It recovered, but it was nonetheless an expensive attack. Osama boasted that al Qaida spent about $500,000 on the 9/11 attack, whereas the indirect and direct cost to the US economy was at least $500 billion. And those aren't some statistics fashioned by bin Laden's propaganda chiefs. He was citing studies presented to the Royal Institute for International Affairs. Though I haven't yet been able to find the studies he cited, this website has a link to the videotape in which he makes these claims: [worlddefensereview.com...].

This of course could all change in an instant. When I read stories about the school attack in Russia just being a training exercise for major, large-scale school attacks in the US, I become genuinely concerned. I think an attack on our children would escalate this war to unseen levels. I also think it would cause widespread civil unrest and attacks by citizens on the Muslim communities here at home. And the sick part is that is what al Qaida wants. They want the American people to irrationally act and turn against the Muslim people here at home. They think that will turn moderate and mainstream Muslims into al Qaida-supporters and sympathisers. It all remains to be seen...

Internal discord is just one more tool in al Qa'ida's shed. If they began to attack malls and schools all the time, that would potentially rally everyone around the federal government; a unified populace and a government with broad public support is less vulnerable than is a government that must worry about an angry public opinion.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Luap]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luap
I think the assertion that the "terrorists win" is absurd. Terror (fear) is not an end, it is a means. I don't think bin Laden is dancing in some palace or cave because "the Americans are afraid." He is a very intelligent individual that knows how to combat bureaucratic militaries.

He also knows that he's in a war that he can never win... As you said, the guy is not an idiot.

Al Qa'ida could never win a conventional war, so it is fighting unconventionally. The link in the post above this one is informative on al Qa'ida's tactics.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well for what it is worth, and that aint much, I am not afraid I am sad.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Ya, I don't think we are afraid. I sure don't do anything different that I did before, execpt be more vigilant. I definately keep a better eye out now. If anythings going to happen, just be prepared as best you can be. Life goes on no matter what happens.

There's actually only one thing that would make me change what I do every day, that would be constant suicide bombers in the U.S. (Mall, movies, restaurants). Now that could make you think twice. But it would have to happen a lot. And if that starts to happen, every middle eastern looking person would get stereo typed and watched even harder. You'd probably see a lot more vigilante style stuff happening. At least here in the south.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Quazi176]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I have to agree, No Fear, just worried that our Government is screwing things up for it's own people, probably cause of the long bloodlines of corruption in leadership.

Originally posted by Realtruth
I don't think the media speaks for the majority, in fact I would wager most Americans are more aware than before, but in "Fear"? No.

I believe that the majority have had their eyes opened.

The Government comes out ahead as usual.

Originally posted by tyranny22
I'm more afraid of my government and losing what remaining liberties I have left than I am of terrorists attcaking us again.

With the recent Homeland Security and Presidential Orders that have been signed, I think it's more likely that our government would stage an attack than terrorist. After all, who comes out ahead with another attack? The terrorist or the government?

I have to agree 100% here. I stopped watching tv mainly cause, A) the news only reports bad things, no good things anymore, B) the commercials nowadays are both stupid and are brain washing, especially our poor kids. If there's a season show I want to watch, I'll wait till the season is over and buy it on dvd or download it on iTunes (which is also a rip off, but it's the best way to throw away my money at the moment).

Originally posted by quintar
I think the real terrorist is television.... at least how it's currently being used as fear-mongering american-idoling pepsi-cola drinking manipulating cash cow instead of a communication medium.

But to answer the formost question, No the Terrorists have not won anything except for the loss of their commrades in suicide bomb attacks across the other nations of this world. We have our own terrorists (Gangs and GOP, oh ya and roads where many people die, and cancer and bridges that collapse) but we still go on about our days!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join