It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surrey, England UFO Sighting 22nd July 2007

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
Wig

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wig

Also if you watch closely they all descend absolutely vertical, and at the same rate of speed that's why the triangle stays as a triangle all the way down to below the horizon. I think they could be something like flares or fireworks

no-one going to agree with me on this point? Personally I think I have solved this one. Unless we are to believe that UFO's on this night decided to repeatedly put their lights on at 1000ft altitude and then freefall decend to the ground, and they decided to do it from 1 of 3 positions (the lights always occupy the same 3 positions.)

[edit on 12/8/2007 by Wig]

Wig

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genus_Unknown
I just watched a video clip of the sighting in Stratford-Upon-Avon sighting (which was thought to co-incide to the Surrey sighting) and it seems that the objects, even down to the formation are very reminiscent of the Phoenix, Arizona lights.

Check out the Stratford video here - The Daily Mail

Got any other links to this video? That one doesn't work for me. Is there an ATS thread for this sighting?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wig
no-one going to agree with me on this point?

Unfortunately the video wouldn't play properly for me, I could only see the first frame and hear the sound, so cannot comment on it.

Seeing as Ken doesn't seem to want to indulge us I see little point in wasting anymore time on this sighting.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by Koka]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I gave up. despite having a 5 meg Broadband line the video was so slow downloading I gave up after about 20 minutes. Maybe it could be dumped onto Youtube so we can at least get an idea of what was happening

Wig

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Get VLC player it's free from videolan
VLC free download player

So you haven't seen Kens 55Mb video yet? (just confirming we are talking about the same video).

When anyone watches Kens video (because of the shaky camera and zoom in/out) you have to allow your brain to calculate where the horizon is and "watch" these lights fall back to earth in straight vertical lines. It becaaomes obvious they are falling in straight lines down to the horizon.

I'm sure if enough frames of the video were analysed for fixed light positions (streetlights) it could be shown that my theory is correct.

Wig

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Chorlton,

I'll send it to your google mail if you like

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wig
Chorlton,

I'll send it to your google mail if you like

No, thanks very much. Everyone needs to see it. The descriptions of the video from those that have seen it would seem to show that putting it on Youtube would show sufficient evidence.
Thanks again though

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I decided that considering some people couldn't see the video I'd upload it to you tube for everyone.

uk.youtube.com...

Hope it works for everyone.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Yes thanks it worsk fine now and agree they look like descending fireworks or flares.
The light on the upper right looks like a street light just on the horizon line as its at the same leve that the other lights dissapear.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Im still unsure on the triangle of lights..

From 2.10 till the end they dont look like they are decending to me.

As for flares, the gap between the second light and the third light coming on has a altitude and flightpath adjustments if these are flares which makes me think these are not flares.

Decending planes... Still dont think these are planes either. most planes if seen do not have one landing light, then start turning on the others as they decend. They usually all come on at once and blink..

Im still on the fence over this one.

Lets see what Ken comes back with, its the weekend hes into stargazing so he may be off with his club and not able to respond to our queries till monday..

Wig

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeetroyman
From 2.10 till the end they dont look like they are decending to me.

If you use the light on the far right handside (I coloured it red in my photo earlier) as a reference (it is clearly a streetlight near to the horizon) you will see if you draw an imaginary horizon horizontally from *that* light, you will see all the ufo lights gradually fall downwards until they dissappear when they are level with *that* light.

As for flares, the gap between the second light and the third light coming on has a altitude and flightpath adjustments if these are flares which makes me think these are not flares.
Need a runtime please.

Decending planes... Still dont think these are planes either. most planes if seen do not have one landing light, then start turning on the others as they decend. They usually all come on at once and blink..

No I don't think they are planes either - now that I realise they are all decending vertically (I was typing as I thought earlier).

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
See my last post near the bottom of page 7.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm telling you I know the area very very well, that wasnt street lights, they changed formation. Star constellations.....I've even done the math with distances to prove it could not of been balloons of any type. Its impossible. I know what the weather was like that evening, it was the same as it was in my home town. Only several miles away.

If it was man made, it was none of what people are claiming. I won't say chinese laterns were not floated that night, as they may well have been. What I am saying is the time distance, direction, wind speed does not tally at all.

I've had my own encounter, yet at all times I remain skeptical due to the amount of rubbish you read. This however, was and completly unique. It just appears that national cover ups are no longer needed, as everyone seems conditioned to the fact it has to be rational. People here are doing a damn good job of the debunking process. I find that so wrong.

I'd rather go down the option people were flying radio controlled planes with spot lights than most of the random theories Ive seen on here alone.

It simply does not make sense.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Need a runtime please.

From about 1.39 youll see the second light overtake the first and drop a lot faster, then the third will blink in as the second light dissapears. then the zoom out as the 4th appears to form the triangle.

If they are flares then some are dropping faster than others which is very unusual for flares and when the 4th light comes in to form the triangle thats where weve got the flightpatch change?

Cheers for the heads up on the static light as a reference, your right they do slowly decend. ( i was watching the utube one ) just watched the uncompressed version in full screen and yep they are decending.

Wig

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeetroyman
From about 1.39 youll see the second light overtake the first and drop a lot faster, then the third will blink in as the second light dissapears. then the zoom out as the 4th appears to form the triangle.

I thought that's what you meant, so I just reviewed the vid, and I concluded that the one on the left is not falling more quickly it is just falling, whilst the one on the right is going up, (this is an anomally I agree because it is the only one which is illuminated on it's way up). But that's possible for fireworks etc. So it appears that the one on the left is falling more quickly.

Wig

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by EuPHORiA
See my last post near the bottom of page 7.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm telling you I know the area very very well, that wasnt street lights, they changed formation. Star constellations.....I've even done the math with distances to prove it could not of been balloons of any type. Its impossible. I know what the weather was like that evening, it was the same as it was in my home town. Only several miles away.

Hey thanks for the link to the stratford thread. But on this thread any comments mentioning streetlights etc are talking about the Surrey/Guildford sighting. The Stratford one obviously isn't streetlights, because of the height of the lights over the block of flats. I will come to that thread in good time. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
seems like this post is dying out lads..

I thought we where on to something with a credible source to back the sighting up.

Who knows, ken may be busy and will get back to us, or hes had enough of the sceptics quick to jump on the bandwagon.

Either way, this is a quick bumb to keep this thread in sight as i believe weve got something here

Wig

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Just for Ken, to re-iterate, I need a couple of dusk photos as it gets darker that show where the 4 streetlights are on the landscape that's

The pair just above the roof ridge of the house infront (with the one on the right just on the roof ridge)

The one over by the sports centre roof thingy

The one very close to the horizon.

Ken himself must have realised on the night that these lights all were suddenly appearing and then slowly decending to the horizon. (he may or may not have been able to see the horizon - personally I'd be surprised if his eyes could not see the horizon, obviously a camera is not good enough to see the horizon unless given a long exposure).

Ken also might like to comment on why he described them as "red orbs" when clearly they are white lights. they only appear red and "orb like" when they are out of focus, just as any distant white light would do when out of focus.

I'm also waiting for this thread to progress to a conclusion.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone has seen this. Anyway does the picture below remind anyone of certain recent sightings? Ofcourse! These metallic objects are posing in a stikingly similar posistion to the stratford and Surrey cases except these have been taken during daylight.

Why might they be hanging around in this triangular formation? I would suggest its a form of communication since triangles are heavily associated with maths, a universal language!

Full report Here

[edit on 14-8-2007 by OnTheFence]

Wig

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The Stratford sighting has been proven to be lanterns. This sighting in Surrey will shortly be proven to be slowly decending lights (of very low altitude) in 3 fairly fixed positions. But lets not turn this into a Stratford thread, I suggest if you want to discuss the Stratford lanterns you do it on the Stratford thread which has gone amazingly quiet after the proof has been posted.

3 objects will always form either a straight line or a triangle.

You think Aliens need to form a triangle to show they are intelligent life? All they need to do is show without any ambiguity their spacecraft.

[edit on 15/8/2007 by Wig]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join