It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg Burned Badly By Brilliant Bros

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by andyzero1234
The key word here is "harassing." Harassment is illegal.

Ya I guess he shouldn't be a public figure that says freedom of protest is a privilege.

Then again I bet you think that is true eh?

I would hound this guy all the time if I had a chance to. I will ask him why he does what he does, why does he try to deny people freedom of protest and speech. I would ask why he tries to deny people the basic human right to be people.

This isn't harassing this is exact what these morons need. I healthy dose of showing that not everyone in the states is an idiot.

Ohh and I guess he souldnt throw people in jail for no reason.

[edit on 8/11/2007 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Such a beautiful thing as the original poster mentioned.

Was it Mark Twain who said "freedom of the press is a beautiful thing, if you're rich enough to own a press?"(paraphrase there) Well the cost of a press has come down and with the internet we can spread it far and wide. As long as we have an open access internet there is hope. When we don't maybe it's time to think about other options.

BPI

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
There was no difference between what they did with that video and what goes on in Hollywood everyday. For someone to say you cant film someone and ask them questions, why is it okay for it to happen to celebrities. There's magazines and Tv Shows devoted to it. Actually it is worse for celebrities because they aren't public servants. This is ambush journalism, but it does show something interesting. The only time an ordinary citizen can engage a politician is either when they are paying them a compliment or when there's an election coming up. If there's an uncomfortable question or point made, the lips go shut. If those guys were there to talk about how great Bloomberg is, do you think he would've had the same response?

As for the camera ban, someone said it's no big deal. Doesn't it bother you that there are no limits or restrictions for public street surveillence? There are cameras all over the highways, at nearly every intersection, nearly all parking lots, and in almost all buildings. Since most of these are funded by tax dollars, should we get a say in whether we want to be filmed? Not only do we not get a say, we are now being regulated on what, where and when we can film. We are basically being filmed from the time we leave our house until we come home, but somehow it's no big deal we are the ones being restricted. It doesn't matter if someone wants to stand in front of a building for 30 min with a camera, this is America and we have that right.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
While the camera issue is disturbing, whats even more disturbing to me is that some of you cheer on the behaviour of ganging up on a politician who is willing to open himself to the public, to walk among the public. Its very rare for a politician to do so, and will become even rarer as long as agressive conspiracy-fanatics gang up on everyone who wants to open up to the public.
It makes me very angry that this is seen as something good.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
It makes me very angry that this is seen as something good.

Yes we unworthy and lowly servile scum should just let our leaders stay out of our filthy reach and beyond our screeching voices. We should revere them as gods, place them on high and how dare we even speak to them. How awful that they should be subjected to such an atrocity such as speaking to their constiuents or answering our questions about how they spend our money. I feel so bad for that poor billionaire.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
cmon, you want "them" to come closer to you, come to your level, and when they do you give them the very reason they stayed in high places to begin with.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

The key word here is "harassing." Harassment is illegal.

Ya I guess he shouldn't be a public figure that says freedom of protest is a privilege.

Then again I bet you think that is true eh?

I would hound this guy all the time if I had a chance to. I will ask him why he does what he does, why does he try to deny people freedom of protest and speech. I would ask why he tries to deny people the basic human right to be people.

This isn't harassing this is exact what these morons need. I healthy dose of showing that not everyone in the states is an idiot.

Ohh and I guess he souldnt throw people in jail for no reason.

[edit on 8/11/2007 by ThichHeaded]

Um, thats pretty much EXACTLY what they did. And BTW, I think this is protest in it's lowest form. 2 guys screaming at someone on a subway? Yeah right, If they really wanted something to change they would get a large group of like minded people together (like myself and apparently you) and have a show of real force. Getting in a closed space and yelling at someone is pretty... Well lets just say that these guys ruined their chance at actually meeting with Bloomburg in a professional, serious setting (as is their right). I just feel this is more of a stunt than a serious endeavor.

P.S. I'm confused about your "showing that not everyone in the states is an idiot" comment.. Clarify?

[edit on 12-8-2007 by andyzero1234]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BPI
There was no difference between what they did with that video and what goes on in Hollywood everyday. For someone to say you cant film someone and ask them questions, why is it okay for it to happen to celebrities. There's magazines and Tv Shows devoted to it. Actually it is worse for celebrities because they aren't public servants. This is ambush journalism, but it does show something interesting. The only time an ordinary citizen can engage a politician is either when they are paying them a compliment or when there's an election coming up. If there's an uncomfortable question or point made, the lips go shut. If those guys were there to talk about how great Bloomberg is, do you think he would've had the same response?

I definitely agree with a lot of what you are saying, my question was just "when does this become illegal?" After 25 minutes of what basically amounts to screaming at someone I would think that police could get involved. I would absolutely want something done if I boarded a subway and for the entirety of my ride I was being yelled at by a fellow passenger. Bloomburg is DEFINITELY a public figure that should be open to scrutiny and who should answer questions, but is this really a productive way to go about it? These guys got no answers, no response at all... I really think that if they hadn't 'ambushed' this guy and instead acted with an ounce of professionalism they would have gotten a much better response and maybe really gotten some answers.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I really think that if they hadn't 'ambushed' this guy and instead acted with an ounce of professionalism they would have gotten a much better response and maybe really gotten some answers.

Exactly. An OUNCE of professionalism and respect, rather than the agression shown by "conspiracy" extremists. With a little consideration for others its easy to get good answers, even answers to tough questions.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
And this guy would give those kids a chance to ask him questions?

Ya right.. whatever..

As long as its, so who's ???? are u sucking now.. then he would be happy to answer..

real questions like "so why did you say protesting is a privilege and not a right?

He wouldn't give them kids the time of damn and everyone knows it.

And my comment about most Americans being stupid is just that, uneducated don't give a crap about reality, narrow minded people.

I don't have to explain myself look outside and ask people general question about the world they live in. My statement stands and I do not take it back.

[edit on 8/12/2007 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
so guess what thich? they could ask like rational human beings and not get an answer. they didnt get an answer this time either and it made them look like barbarians, setting the truth movement as a whole back not forward.

I cant help but think of the movie 'The Big Lebowski' in the 'over the line scene.

"Calmer then you Dude, calmer than you."

edit for rephrase, they made themselves look like barbarians thru their methodology. The act of asking alone does not accomplish this.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by jprophet420]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm American and I would have to agree with ThichHeaded. Freedom, to the majority of Americans seems to mean they can go grocery shopping or walk down the street or what not. Heck you can do this in the majority of countries so I myself don't think that's freedom. Freedom to me is government staying out of our lives, allowing us our privacy, serving us by protecting us from foreign threats not by restricting us as though we were the aggressors. America got to be a world power because of freedom. To take those freedoms away or restrict them is akin to slicing one's own neck. What's next? Civil war?

[edit on 12-8-2007 by boomadatigger]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

And this guy would give those kids a chance to ask him questions?

Ya right.. whatever..

As long as its, so who's ???? are u sucking now.. then he would be happy to answer..

real questions like "so why did you say protesting is a privilege and not a right?

He wouldn't give them kids the time of damn and everyone knows it.

And my comment about most Americans being stupid is just that, uneducated don't give a crap about reality, narrow minded people.

I don't have to explain myself look outside and ask people general question about the world they live in. My statement stands and I do not take it back.

Of course he wouldn't have, because they cornered and harassed him. Asking him questions in a manner that wasn't so rude would likely have gotten a better response. Sure these people have a right to ask questions, and they SHOULD be answered, but no one has the right to be rude, and that is the problem these kids have. If they were serious about getting answers they would have approached Bloomburg in a more polite way. I asked you to explain yourself because a lot of what you wrote was confusing, just like your last reply. A great start to making people believe that "Americans are not stupid" would be to type in a way that is correct and easy to understand.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Ok.. Let me get this straight.. its cool for The news to corner someone and call them an idiot and retarded and stupid, but its not aight for some kids who want to know what is really going on to corner someone??

Interesting... Indeed...

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Ok.. Let me get this straight.. its cool for The news to corner someone and call them an idiot and retarded and stupid, but its not aight for some kids who want to know what is really going on to corner someone??

Interesting... Indeed...

What news are you watching? I've never seen any news anchor or reporter corner someone and call them names... Ever. I've seen ambush journalism, but I don't really think that thats OK either. These guys were journalists.. they even showed a press pass/badge.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Ok so u don't think ambush journalism is good.

Let me ask you.. if these guys actually got him to an interview, do you really think he would answer their questions that they asked him????

That answer would 98% of the time be no, why cause he lies and stuff like that.

hell he had to really get out of that privilege to protest thing...

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I think that if they were in an appropriate, professional setting he would have answered most of the questions asked, especially the ones that pertain to people affected by 9/11. Do I think that the mayor of New York City is going to sit around answering questions like- "why is the NWO clamping down on citizens so hard?" then no. I think that commenting on some of the more outlandish questions would damage his reputation or simply be viewed as a waste of time. I'm not going to get into a debate about political conspiracy here, but I think that Bloomburg's publicists would likely advise him not to comment on things like that for reasons I quite frankly can't blame them for. Is anyone with a camera and a press badge going to get an interview with the mayor? Absolutely not, but many do as well. Running up to someone and hollering at them "why are you trying to kill the constitution?" is a surefire way to NOT get the time of day from someone like the mayor. These things lead me to believe that this was less of a quest for answers and simply more of a stunt.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   

a non CT site.

Here

Have a nice day.

I was reading over this entire thread wondering what was being banned in New York and why until I read the link above. If I'm correct from what I read, you can use any point and shoot camera in the city. However if you're setting up a tripod with a crew of people, you'll need a permit if you're at it for longer than 10 to 30 minutes in any one spot.

Is this information correct or are all point and shoot cameras, cell phones, etc. being banned from use unless you have one million dollars in insurance? If all cameras are banned from use unless you have the money in insurance to pay, I'd agree New York is getting set up for a major disaster. If not, I think someone in the city is overly concerned with photographers. If the people of New York are upset, they should vote out anyone who supported this banning.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by orionthehunter]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The only result achieved is that the mayor becomes more wary of going out into public. Some fanatics dont seem to want discussion, they just want to publisize their theories and get a confirmation that the "powers" dont want to talk with them. Any calm and respectful citizen would have gotten answers from the mayor. When are your own children or spouses likely to get answers from YOU: When they corner, accuse and attack you, or when they approach you with sincerity and wanting to know?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
These Bros are not so brilliant afterall.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join