It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Found A Smoking Gun On Mars!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Moderators, I apologize for the double post. But I feel this topic deserves its own thread...

I went through Wgatensons link of the Mars pics and found an anomaly. I have included a pic and a link to the original page. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Original link------>spacefinder.tripod.com...

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
A piece from a crashed probe?

How bout the 3 indentations right in front of it?

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a piece of the rover?

link   
I think it's something that was dropped by the spirit's craft. Or other "dissapeared" mars landers and craft.

link   
wasn't there a mars lander that crashed some time ago ?

maybe it's a piece of that ?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Geez, fast replies....

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
oh yeah... still an interesting find though.. good eye !

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
One of the aliens looking at the probe dropped his coffee flask by mistake and decided to leave it there to frok up the stupid earthlings.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
looks like somethin spilt out of the container thingy?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
But do we really know it's a piece of the lander? I'd be curious as to what piece of the lander it is. And if it is a piece of the lander how and why did it fall of? Where are other pieces of it? When the probe hits Mars airbags deploy, this piece looks undamaged.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

maybe it's a piece of that ?

IF that is the case, why haven't the Nasa Scientists said "hey we found the Beagle...let's try to fix it....or Hey we found the Beagle and it's unfixable"

that's is just a really strange object to be lying in the martian soil....

but it's all new and shiny too...so it gives credence to it being a part of or something from Spirit Rover. GOOD FIND!!! I would be interested to know what it is.

Hey doesn't it remind you of that fake pic with the Coke Can....???

[Edited on 1-13-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Once again....How bout the 3 indentations right in front of it?
Digging done by a probe? A piece fell off while digging?

link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

I have been looking at those grooves as well, they start and stop and do not look like it's from surface conditions.

link   
You know, I find it odd that on the photo's description, it makes no mention of that piece sitting there...

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

a piece of the rover?

I think it's something that was dropped by the spirit's craft. Or other "dissapeared" mars landers and craft.

The image from Viking which did not land near any probes, or crash sites, and was before the time of rovers.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Forgot to pick up their water bottle.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Oh, maybe it's a dust buster the maintenance crew forgot on the set, and the rover accidently took a photo of it! Dang unions!

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 29MV29

Originally posted by NetStorm

I have been looking at those grooves as well, they start and stop and do not look like it's from surface conditions.

Look at the end of the piece of metal or canister, it is scooped shaped....maybe it broke off It is an AWESOME find though and you are right I went through a whole bunch of pics, on that website hoping to find more, but no mention at all.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I just looked at the link...it says:

SOURCE: VIKING LANDER

so this is? or isn't a NEW PICTURE???????

Also if it is from the VIKING???Then was WHAT DA HELL??? Wasn't that years ago??? SO they KNEW ALL ALONG??

I am very confused NOW!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well this pic is from the Viking Lander meaning that the piece of metal would have to be from an earlier mission to Mars, the lander taking the photo, or unknown origin.

Click here for Article

Two Soviet flyby probes were launched in October 1960 but failed to reach Earth orbit. In 1962, three more Soviet probes failed -- two remaining in Earth orbit and one losing communication with Earth en route to Mars. In 1964, there were two more failures, one Soviet and one American; in the latter case, Mariner 3's solar panels failed to open.

The first successful mission was the U.S. probe Mariner 4, which passed within 6,200 miles of Mars on July 14, 1965 and took close-up images of the red planet. The Mariner 6 and 7 probes returned images in 1969. In 1971, the Soviet Mars-2 mission became the first to orbit Mars, and the Soviet Mars-3 lander transmitted data from the planet's surface for 20 seconds.

So the only documented landing prior to Viking was Mars 3 making it nearly impossible for that piece of metal to be from another Mars probe. I honestly think that the metal is from the Viking Lander.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join