It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Found A Smoking Gun On Mars!!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Ok, I have located about 100 or so images of the viking lander.

What I am going to do, and what you guys should all do is this:

Scan over the picture that was posted originally here. Scan over the viking lander pictures from all angles available. Find all of the peices that could compare to the image from the mars surface. Then look at a schematic of the viking(I have already found several). Find out what the name of the peice is. Then get a good idea of what that peice is used for and if its possible (in your own opinion) to be discarded, or to fall off.

After going through all of that, check back in here for the results. We can compare them, and come up with an excellent idea of what it is. You dont need to call or email some dude who you don't know enough to trust to get an answer. You can do it yourself. We are just as smart as the next guy.

We can also apply this logic to many other things!

In any case I will do it too, and get back with my opinion.

Me too! Can you provide me a link to the schematics?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
No one noticing the difference between these pictures and the new ones? The sky is blue in these and red in the new ones....anyone point that out already??

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Either alien in origin, or a peice of space debris.
Nice find though.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
All these pictures claim to be from NASA, but i'll believe nothing until you actually provide a nasa sponsored link to them.

It is incredibly easy to photoshop pictures like these.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
All these pictures claim to be from NASA, but i'll believe nothing until you actually provide a nasa sponsored link to them.

it is even more incredibly easy for NASA to fake them. why trust NASA?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 29MV29
Another Nasa pic of Mars, it looks like the same pic as above but look closely its not....

saaaay, aren't one of those grooves missing?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
As for the blue/red sky, look at the original link. If you click on the picture, it goes from the original (dark and red) to the digitally enhanced version, which is brighter and sharper. The one you have is just digitally enhanced.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

Because there are a great many people who like to # with conspiracy theorists out of fun.

As i said, get the nasa sponsored pictures.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Ok, some of you think that finding stuff on Mars is so far out, and that "we" are looking too hard to see stuff. Check out this guys site. Talk about seeing thing where they do not exist. I like looking for anomalies as well as the rest of ATS, but his stuff is ridiculous. It's stuff supposedly seen in Mars Viking observer.

www.mufor.org...

I had to laugh at this one...

Wow. I can almost see something....yes...yes...I see...
I see that he's a knucklehead.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Huh, I just went through NASA's web archive of photos from the viking mission and couldn't find that one...Wonder where it came from...And now I wonder if it's a fake. I'm gonna email that website, me thinks...

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Huh, I just went through NASA's web archive of photos from the viking mission and couldn't find that one.

Realllllllllllly?

Well isn't that convenient.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
uh...that website went down...

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Because there are a great many people who like to # with conspiracy theorists out of fun.

Nerdling, first of all I did provide links for everyone, take a look at my posts. secondly, if you right click a pic and click on properties you will see the link in a pop-up box. You seem to be the only one who is still looking for proof when I have already provided it. I don't care if you believe I photoshopped these, I didn't.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

how about this. how fast would the spirit, or beagle, or whatever the name is, have to travel through space(how many MILLION miles?) to have arrived in the time window claimed? how much fuel and thrust would be required for the weight of the craft?
i really don't think they went. i believe in unmanned probes being shot into space. but, these latest seem to have been whipped up and executed a little too quickly.
i say they're fishing for budget and planning for the faked ET inva-SION.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Here is one of the "OFFICIAL NASA" links you requested

quest.arc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
uh...that website went down...

Which website?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Oh, the original site. It says that it has exceeded its bandwidth, try again later.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
the first one you posted. It's saying it's temporarly down...

lol, and that NASA link should convince ppls.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
One of them is a fake if not both. Compare Junglejake's photo on this page to the original on page one. Like Junglejake pointed out, one of the grooves in the dirt ARE missing from the 2nd picture. Photoshop job? Damn good chance.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
My god, there's some paranoid freaks here. Can't you guys just relax and enjoy the thrill of discovering something new, without dirtying it with your paranoid theories?

Seriously though, I'm sure somebody has mentioned that those pics were from the viking missions in the 70's. 4 billion dollars, that venture cost. The lines you see are the marks where the lander scooped up some dirt to analyze it.

But I'm sure somebody has pointed this out already.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join