It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Found A Smoking Gun On Mars!!!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yoda
Howdy folks... the metal cylinder is the shroud for the surface sampler instrument, which was ejected after landing.

See here...

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by Yoda]

hmm but look then the site was upadated Updated 15 May 2003, DRW. NASA Official: Donald M. Sawyer, Acting Head, NSSDC.

hmm so it was b4 it landed they made this obsevation??

[Edited on 1^13^04 by Quicksilver]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver

Originally posted by Yoda
Howdy folks... the metal cylinder is the shroud for the surface sampler instrument, which was ejected after landing.

See here...

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by Yoda]

hmm but look then the site was upadated Updated 15 May 2003, DRW. NASA Official: Donald M. Sawyer, Acting Head, NSSDC.

hmm so it was b4 it landed they made this obsevation??

[Edited on 1^13^04 by Quicksilver]

Yeah!!! An answer

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
u guys missed something look at the sky in this pic its blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I went rock hunting in Sedona, AZ and forgot my water container!

Seriously, NASA should explain any ordinary "anomalies" that they KNOW about when they post stuff on their website.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by enoc
u guys missed something look at the sky in this pic its blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good point. wtf is the sky on mars blue?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey
One of them is a fake if not both. Compare Junglejake's photo on this page to the original on page one. Like Junglejake pointed out, one of the grooves in the dirt ARE missing from the 2nd picture. Photoshop job? Damn good chance.

You people are super quick to pick out a possible theory with a minimal amount of evidence to support your conspiracy views. That is why you are foolish. Why dont you consider possibilities that are just as likely supporting logic rather than conspiracy?

Sometimes I can't believe what I read, and the lack of thought that went into it. People truly only see what they want too. Coulnt it be just as likely that the soil sampler was yet to take the third sample? Maybe the difference in angles caused the first picture to give a false impression. These possibilities are just as likely as any conspiracy possibility are and need to be treated accordingly. Deny Ignorance. Consider all options.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imzadi
I went rock hunting in Sedona, AZ and forgot my water container!

Seriously, NASA should explain any ordinary "anomalies" that they KNOW about when they post stuff on their website.

Its clearly not an anomaly, as its present even in the mock-up examples of the lander on Earth. As is shown the soil sample arm which made the grooves. Jumping to conclusions really doesn't help anyone.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Think about all the stuff from Earth that has crashed on Mars.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I looks kinda Photoshopped to me. The shadow on the object in question isn't quite right. The light source is slightly higher on the object than on the rest of the pic.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Ah, I recognise that. That's a dirt scooper. It's like a little spade on the end of a hoover pipe. The sort of component that gets discarded before the lander takes off again in order to reduce weight.

If there is no evidence that a lander was there (black blast marks from takeoff) then the rover is to blame. But I am not aware of the rover having any disposable parts.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
People, read some more of the thread! I haven't been here for a while, but it was established already in previous posts

A. Why the sky is blue

B. What that metal thing is

C. It was Viking Lander 2 (2nd thing ever to land on Mars) which is why it happened before Spirit got there.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

Originally posted by Nerdling
All these pictures claim to be from NASA, but i'll believe nothing until you actually provide a nasa sponsored link to them.

It is incredibly easy to photoshop pictures like these.

it is even more incredibly easy for NASA to fake them. why trust NASA?

how do you know they faked them?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
People, read some more of the thread! I haven't been here for a while, but it was established already in previous posts

A. Why the sky is blue

B. What that metal thing is

C. It was Viking Lander 2 (2nd thing ever to land on Mars) which is why it happened before Spirit got there.

I deliberately didn't read the entire thread so that I could put across my unbiased opinion of what it was. In essense I wanted to independantly back up any evidence.

And I was wondering the same thing. Why the hell is the mars atmosphere blue? It should be red...

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It's blue because it's a filtered image. If you click on the pic in the original link, it will change to the original image sent by viking. They removed a lot of the red so as to make the image clearer to our eyes, which see in blue light better then we see in red.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

It's blue because it's a filtered image. If you click on the pic in the original link, it will change to the original image sent by viking. They removed a lot of the red so as to make the image clearer to our eyes, which see in blue light better then we see in red.

Oh. I did not no know that.

Do you have a link to the unfiltered image?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Yep, here it is, same site, but with an "o" at the end of the image name:

spacefinder.tripod.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Yep, here it is, same site, but with an "o" at the end of the image name:

spacefinder.tripod.com...

Ah, cool. Mars looks so rad. Especially with the right color sky.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I've seen this pic before. It's a piece off the Viking lander. I believe it was something that they had covering up the camera while it was in transit.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It was something covering the sensor array, not the camera

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

Originally posted by billybob

Originally posted by Nerdling
All these pictures claim to be from NASA, but i'll believe nothing until you actually provide a nasa sponsored link to them.

It is incredibly easy to photoshop pictures like these.

it is even more incredibly easy for NASA to fake them. why trust NASA?

how do you know they faked them?

i don't. it's possible is all.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join