It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(UPDATED)Apache helicopter in action(Graphic)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Link

Don't know all the details to this video,but be warned it may offend some.It shows actual footage of 3 or 4 people being shot down.Although it is in black and white you kind of get a sick feeling watching it.I felt sorry for those guys because they seem so helpless,even though I don't know who they were or what they did.
Sorry if its already been posted.

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d]

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I dont understand why the wounded suspect was killed?

Deep

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
don't think there's any reply that could make a bigger statement than the video itself...

damn - that's a violent end to someone~

[Edited on 11-1-2004 by intelgurl]

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
War is hell people....
Thats about as defining as one can get when viewing this.

The background on the video is that Iraqi insurgents were transfering weapons from the main truck to a pick-up and a tractor. This is as explained to me when I msged.' a friend concerning this video. I cannot verify this other than through him, for the moment.
It seems the Apache came up on them....

The thing that makes me wonder though is does the Apache have a sound dampening system or silencing technology? By looking at the video, its almost apparent that these Iraqi's did not know that the Apache was there till one was killed and it was too late.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 11-1-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Good question Seekerof.I have seen Apaches fly over so close that I could hit them with a rock.Although I don't recall actually hearing it until it was nearly on top of me.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I don't think it needs a sound dampening system. According to the following information:
www.fas.org...

The Apache has state of the art optics that provide the capability to select from three different target acquisition sensors. These sensors are

- Day TV. Views images during day and low light levels, black and white.
- TADS FLIR. Views thermal images, real world and magnified, during day, night and adverse weather.
- DVO. Views real world, full color, and magnified images during daylight and dusk conditions.

So the Apache can shoot from great distances, e.g.(also provided by fas.org):

Easily can hit moving and stationary tanks on an obscured, dirty battlefield from a range of more than 7 kilometers, when optical systems are rendered ineffective.

NOTE: even whan the optical systems are rendered ineffective.

Now, imagine if an Apache helicopter would 'hover' somewhere a few miles away from you, would you notice it?

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the background on this clip seekerof.I was trying to find out more info on it.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Deep

"Suspect?"

Maybe it was mercy.

Quite likely he would have bled to death in the street

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
man now thats wot u call sniping
or just overkill
that would get u courtmartialed for doing something like that

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
or just overkill

Under what regulation?

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Man! that was a cold blooded killing! everyday i get more convinced that a hell is a right place for a human

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
damn... that was... just ruthless.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Deep

There is more to that video. If you find the entire clip, it shows one of them stashing a rocket launcher, and then one of them tries to unwrap something that looks very similar to the rocket launcher that got tossed in the field.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
or just overkill

No from what I've seen, its common for wounded enemies to be shot in this conflict.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Actually, I have the full video. If someone can host it, I would be glad to put it up. It is 12 megs, and I am running out of bandwidth. If someone else can host, I will send it to you.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Full Version Movie

OK.Here is a full version of the video.I don't know how long it will be up so get it while its hot.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Thats the one. Thanks!

Did you see what the reasoning was? It was very clear that the feller stashing the "object" in the field did not have irrigation in mind.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Having viewed the video again earlier today, I would have to agree that there is no sound dampening or such. Look at the timing between the gun shots or reports and when the impacts occur.
I would hazard a guess and say that the Apache was 3/4's or almost a mile away.
Anyone else think likewise?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Very likely. Also notice that when he fires with the "auto ranging" off, they appear to hear the firing, but are not too worried about it. Then when "auto ranging" is on, he is dead on.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
Full Version Movie

OK.Here is a full version of the video.I don't know how long it will be up so get it while its hot.

Page URL Not Found

top topics

<<   2 >>

join