It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Aide: Military Could Go Into Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Bush Aide: Military Could Go Into Pakistan

news.yahoo.com

The president's homeland security adviser, Fran Townsend, said the U.S. was committed first and foremost to working with Pakistan's president, Pervez Musharraf, in his efforts to control militants in the Pakistan-Afghanistan border region. But she indicated the U.S. was ready to take additional measures.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This would be crazy to send military into Pakistan.

By the way, Fran Townsend is also "National Continuity Coordinator"

Take a look at the Directive that Bush issued on this

en.wikipedia.org...

news.yahoo.com

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
For years many in the intelligence community have maintained that the top leaders in Al Qaeda, and the Taliban have been living in virtual sanctuary, and tight security within Pakistan, and after all of this time has passed the U.S. military could go into Pakistan and use force?

Just what the spin doctors ordered, a new front in the war on terror?

I believe there is more speculation, and perhaps fear that Pakistan's leader and government could be getting close to facing a possible coup, and revolutionary civil war, which could ultimately leave Pakistan under the control of strict Islamic leadership. It is likely the U.S. will stop at nothing to prevent that from happening, once again imposing western doctrine in a Muslim majority nation, with a potentially worse outcome than that we have seen in Iraq to date.

I believe there is much more to this story, than what is being fed to the mainstream media.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Interesting, new related report:

Pakistan Rejects Talk of U.S. Action

www.nytimes.com

WASHINGTON, July 22 — One of President Bush’s counterterrorism advisers said today that the United States would consider using military force inside Pakistan if it identified key Al Qaeda targets there, but the Pakistani foreign minister angrily rejected such talk as “irresponsible” and said American attacks in the sensitive border area could cause civilian deaths and enrage Pakistani opinion.

What if the goal is to "enrage Pakistani opinion"??

[edit on 22-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Something else to bear in mind. If the US launches attacks into Pakistan (I think they have more than once already), this will further enrage the populace and put Musharraf on even shakier ground .
Let's not forget that Pakistan also has nuclear weapons, which may then end up in the hands of rabidly anti US leadership.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Madness. To attack yet another Muslim country (much less one with nukes) be that country Shiia or Sunni will only serve to strengthen Al Qeada's claim that this is a war against Islam, and serve to do nothing more than increase their recruitment and weaken our already weak security. Madness of the desperate is what it is... madness of the ideologue who can see nothing but their own ideology. madness.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I agree with Birtguy, US in Pakistan will only enrage the Pakistani people against the US and more so against their own leader that already is not in a very strong position in his nation.

Pakistan is very much pro taliban and Al-qaida supporters, regardless of how much the bush administration claim that Pakistan is our allies.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This is most likely just PR political maneuvering, Pakistan and the US are fairly good friends.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
this would not go down well with India.

Any military entry into Pakistan is going to result in India taking the backlash and another war between the two nations.

India and Pakistan are not the best of neighbours.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Could of , should of but didn't happen instead of sending the resources required to win the war in Afghanistan the Iraq misadventure was embarked upon. After the initial invasion of Afghanistan the US should have leaned heavily on Pakistan . Instead of denying the enemy an haven the US has failed to win the war in Afghanistan and launched an costly side show.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
nstead of denying the enemy an haven the US has failed to win the war in Afghanistan and launched an costly side show.

The answer to that is very simple it was never the intention of Bush&Cheney and cohorts to end Al-qeada, they must live and trive to keep the war on terror going and to futher the middle east and our nations control agenda.

Is working like a sharm.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
And now Gordon Brown is throwing Iran into the equation

"I'm not one who is going forward to say we rule out any particular form of action," Brown said, asked if he would rule out options for future military action against Iran.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AhyngDzgMX5ujlyzJqvPhVhn.3QA

I smell a draft coming, and I don't mean a cool beeze

top topics

join