It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney Determined To Strike In US With Weapons of WMD This Summer

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by Cygnific
What happens if it really is going to be a terrorist attack? Nowhere did Cheney said he is going to strike the U.S with WMD, nowhere!

No but he will never have to claim to doing anything he just blame it on Al-qeada terrorist. . . to an already pre-conditioned mentality of the American people.

You talk about 'pre-conditioned' mentality. While you are allready sure a future attack is from the U.S government itself? Who is pre-conditioned here?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
^Intheshadows,

Great post. Just what does Santorum know that would allow him to speak so confidently of attacks, and even offer a time-frame before the 2008 elections? Is the FBI asking him?

The man's an idiot, a real one, and it's easy to see him being stupid enough to let down his guard and brag to that monumental weasel Hugh Hewitt, feeling he's "with friends." All this coming from a neocon hanger-on ex-Senator who's now heading the "America's Enemies" project for a right-wing "think" tank. Obviously half-ego inflation, half brownie-points as motivation. Out of the mouths of babes and fools.

These guys are nuts.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

You talk about 'pre-conditioned' mentality. While you are allready sure a future attack is from the U.S government itself? Who is pre-conditioned here?

Time will only tell . . . and the profiteers and war pushers are running out of it. . .

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Man made the stock market... its not infallible.

There are ways now that protect the economy from 1929-1930's conditions.

I know our economy is in trouble and has been very badly mishandled, but your exaggerations are not needed (I feel like I've said this to other people on here
).

If you look through the past 30 years there have been big problems with inflation, unemployment and recessions and stock "crashes" (1980's, 2001). People lost everything, and it was a scary time, but we didn't have to eat out of garbage cans and live in card board boxes.

I would only have liked to see what you would have said during those times...that is if you were even old enough to have intelligent conversations.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone
With all due respect DG, are you out of your mind?

That's it. Call your lemming friends off the cliff.

Has it occured to you that we are at war? Really at war?

with all due respect, gator, are you out of your mind? 911 was bad enough, but the two wars your nation pulled off in reaction had nothing to do with either protecting your homeland, nor defeating your enemy, even IF that was the honest reason behind either. also, neither even *targeted* the group that was blamed. all that happened was making things worse, for all of us. regarding al-qaeda, i strongly suggest you read the latest stratfor publications on this issue, stratfor is way far away of being a "liberal" (or worse
) site, but they're certainly right on track on this one.

edit for emphasis and clarification.

[edit on 23-7-2007 by Lamâshtu]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Did the government have something to do with 9/11? I don't think so.

Did some of those in the government have something to do with 9/11? I think so.

One question you have to ask yourself, a question that has yet to be "officially" answered is:

Why did we get attacked on September 11th?

I've searched long and hard for this answer and have realized that it is because the terrorists KNEW that on that day we would be running drills in relation to what was actually unfolding before us.

Now, you have to ask yourself..."How would they know this?" Don't you find it very coincidental that what they were going to drill for was happening on the very same day?

Oh, and for those who think that they attacked us because we're a "freedom loving country" are wrong. 9/11 was, as the CIA refers to is, "blowback". 9/11 was a result of our prior and continuing actions, political and otherwise, in the Middle East. Osama bin Laden even said this himself.

Will there be another "9/11" purported by the Administration? I doubt it...that would make them look bad either way, and it would most likely start a civil war.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by elderban
Now, you have to ask yourself..."How would they know this?" Don't you find it very coincidental that what they were going to drill for was happening on the very same day?

Talked about this in another thread....
Finding out when different drills will take place takes nothing more than a simple internet search. I'm assuming with something this big, one would do their homework...

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Time will only tell . . . and the profiteers and war pushers are running out of it. . .

What can you say to this stunning and blaring ignorance Cygnific? There's no getting through to them at all. Get ready...

There are so many nuts on this subject that if Iran really did attack us here at home with their network of savages - and there was proof - and the President of Iran himself took responsiblity for it - you would still blame it on us! You Marg and all the rest like you have already condemned the rest of us before anything even happens.

Who's to say this isn't exactly the worst position to find ourselves in with near to exactly 50% of Americans and undoutedly a much higher % of Europeans ready to pounce on us no matter who pulls the det-chord?

How can Iran succeed in war against the west? Leave it to the left to blame the right for all of our enemies actions! I'm sick and damned tired of this thread. Talk about a losing battle.

Good-bye.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone
What can you say to this stunning and blaring ignorance Cygnific? There's no getting through to them at all. Get ready...

I can't say anything to be honest, i doubt anything will help.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
There goes again, it seems that when people can not find anything worthy to say the best way to hide is behind ignorance.

Good luck with the insults we do not feed trolls in ATS and by now you should know better.

And now back to the thread at hand for the serious debater.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
^Intheshadows,

Great post. Just what does Santorum know that would allow him to speak so confidently of attacks, and even offer a time-frame before the 2008 elections? Is the FBI asking him?

The man's an idiot, a real one,

Well, Santorum's new job is Senior Fellow at The Ethics and Public Policy Center which was established in 1976 to clarify and reinforce the bond between the Judeo-Christian moral tradition and the public debate over domestic and foreign policy issues.

No big deal huh?

Keep reading

“It’s a stark name,” says Santorum. “But we wanted to be candid about the fact that America really does have enemies and to point out that the nature of these enemies is much more complex than what people realize. It’s not just Islamic fascism, but also Venezuela, North Korea, and, increasingly in my opinion, Russia.”

Let's just put it this way. The people behind the plot in Great Britain were not poor or oppressed Middle Easterners. It is not oppression. It is not imperialism. It is an ideology.

www.eppc.org...

At least he says he isn't running for office in 2008 but he hasn't ruled out a return to office in the future.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lamâshtu
... but the two wars your nation pulled off in reaction had nothing to do with either protecting your homeland, nor defeating your enemy, even IF that was the honest reason behind either. also, neither even *targeted* the group that was blamed.

Huh? I assume you are referring to Afghanistan and Iraq. How was taking out the Taliban and going after A.Q. in Afghanistan was not in America's best interest? They provided sanctuary for A.Q. and let them plot and execute the 9/11 attacks and would not give them up after 9/11. What would you have done on Sept. 12, 2001? Just scold the Taliban and A.Q. and tell them "you better not do that again, I mean it this time"? Pacifism only works if both sides truly do not want armed, violent conflict. One sided Pacifism is a sure ticket to getting yourself killed in an incorrectly judged situation. Taking down the Taliban and going after A.Q and it's supporters in the world is the right course of action IMO.

On Iraq, in a Post 9/11 world, Saddam's regime would continue to pose problems for us. Taking him down caused Libya to fess up and stop it's WMD programs as well, was that a bad thing in your eyes?

History will judge if it was a right or wrong decision to take Iraq's government down preemptively , way too early to definitively reach a conclusion yet. I know people with short attentions spans expect things to be wrapped up and pretty within a few years, but this will take time if it is to succeed.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
n mind

[edit on 23-7-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
dp

[edit on 23-7-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Huh? I assume you are referring to Afghanistan and Iraq. How was taking out the Taliban and going after A.Q. in Afghanistan was not in America's best interest?

It was, but the Taliban offered Bin Laden to America, if America could provide tangible evidence Osama was involved.
What did the US do? bombed the crap outta them.
Afghanistan was in the interests of America to be hit, im with you on that.
But the ethics, morality and honesty TOTALLY gets blown out of the water, when Afghanistan becomes 2nd fiddle to the Iraqi adventure.
If Afghanistan was such a priority, why have they allowed Osama and co to escape, yet managed to setup a government in Iraq, while also executing Saddam?

On Iraq, in a Post 9/11 world, Saddam's regime would continue to pose problems for us. Taking him down caused Libya to fess up and stop it's WMD programs as well, was that a bad thing in your eyes?

Your right, but I see alot more dangerous countries out there...
Also, Bush and CO declared they wanted Iraq, long before they came into power... Iraq had NOTHING to do, with being in a post 911 world.

way too early to definitively reach a conclusion yet. I know people with short attentions spans expect things to be wrapped up and pretty within a few years, but this will take time if it is to succeed.

Strange, being the government themselves never expected it to take years.

bottom line is, the government lied to the people, allowed a mass casualty attack to occur, which they knew would intice congress and the public to follow them into any adventure they deemed 'nessecary' to prevent further attacks.

Iraq was chosen long before sept11, and sept11 was far to convenient in giving the government what they wanted.

To me, GW Bush, and Richard Cheney had 2 options.

Stop 911 before it occured, then try to convince the public the nessecity of taking out Iraq's government and occupying them.

Or

Allow 911 to occur, angering and upsetting the public so much, they'll be begging for revenge against anyone 'we' deam a threat.

[edit on 23-7-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
One has to agree with those wise words just above me

America could have had Bin Laden if they gave up evidence to the Taliban.Didnt your TV news show those interviews with the laughing
and smiling Talliban spokesman who offered to give them Osama but
they needed evidence to do so!He was being filmed in Pakistan when the 1st bombs were being dropped live and he stopped the press conference on being told by an aid to tell the press he had to go back his country as he was needed there!

Afganistan is the forgotten war,and bloody well illegal too!Amazes me that we rational people of the world who far outweigh any blinkered warmongers in numbers cant do anything to bring Bush,Blair and co to justice!

[edit on 24-7-2007 by noangels2006]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The Taliban were not going to give up Bin Laden. U.S. repeatedly asked Taliban to expel bin Laden

The U.S. government asked the Taliban regime in Afghanistan to expel or hand over Osama bin Laden more than two dozen times between September 1996 and summer 2001, according to a recently declassified State Department cable.

Stop making it sound as if they were. If they were told basically, hand him over unconditionally or face the U.S. militarily and still said no, then they obviously didn't understand our viewpoint on the matter. It's not our fault that the Taliban couldn't grasp that. It's not like they didn't know the consequences of their actions.

As far for a war being legal or Illegal, who decides that? I'm sure there is always one side who thinks of it one way or the other, hardly any war is one where both agree it is legal. The U.S. was justified, in self defense to take out A.Q. and their protectors, the Taliban in Afghanistan. Most of the world agreed and still agrees with that as evidenced by NATO's assistance there.

Like I said, those of you who would not strike back in the face of aggression are likely to be killed by the aggressor who doesn't see things the same way. Yes aggression begets aggression, but sometimes it is the only viable option left. Been that way for at least 40,000 years or more.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Talked about this in another thread....
Finding out when different drills will take place takes nothing more than a simple internet search. I'm assuming with something this big, one would do their homework...

First off, in order for them to plan an event of the magnitude they did, they would have to know that the drills were going to occur on Septemer 11th WELL in advance.

Furthermore, I seriously doubt that the DoD and NORAD post planned drills on the internet or report them to the local newspapers either.

And, finally, it has been reported that the drills mentioned were set for a later date, but moved to September 11th. Now, how could they plan their attacks in advance if the date was changed?

Answer: Someone on the inside was leaking them information.

From from September 2000 to June 2001, 67 planes steered off course. All 67 times our air defense systems worked as they should, and interceptors were launched. But, on September 11th, only one fighter jet was dispatched and one plane intercepted.

If you listen to tapes from 9/11 you can even hear the ATC's, NORAD's and others confusion over whether what was going on at the time was a drill or not.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
My 1.5 cents:

DG, thanks for the post. I know this doesn't seem to be the most popular stance but I happen to agree with you that yes, it could happen. I for one do feel that 911 was an inside job. I've researched this quite a bit over the past few years and IMO there are just too many variables that don't add up, unless you add them the right way. Do I think our government is capable of something like this? Let's see.... *counting on fingers* all the ways we've been lied to.... versus.... all the times we've been told the truth.... hmmmm.... yep. Looks like 2 + 2 still equals 4.

I sincerely hope this will not happen. I am an American, I love my country... and I am not fond of those that have manipulated and twisted and torn this country apart - and the thing is, terrorism can have many faces, some that you might not even suspect. I am not saying 100% that 911 was planned, but I do think it's a very strong possibility. I would love to believe that we live in a time and place where everything makes sense and our government has our best interests at heart, and we are always told the truth, but experience has taught me that "it ain't necessarily so."

Those who don't believe there's any possible way 9-11 could have been an inside job need to check out some of the many sites that discuss this thoroughly, it wouldn't hurt to realize why there are so many of us that feel as strongly as we do on this issue.

Thanks for the heads up.

S

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ignorance is running rampant in this thread today!

First - England would of collapsed in WWII, Russia would of substained more losses if not total loss if America had not entered the War.
How convenient the 'history experts' are on this board about the amount of material support the US had provided before entering into the war let alone the massive amounts of manufacturing which took place in the US during it's involvement, troops and leadership (Remember Patton and one?!?)

Because of US involvement, Germany had to direct their forces elsewhere.
Germany was also developing the V1 & V2 rockets.....MOST IMPORTANTLY, it was GERMANY who was the first nation to start work on SPLITTING THE ATOM. (Einstein anyone?!?; where do you think the US got the knowledge).

If the US had stayed Neutral (maybe we should have) Japan would of succeed in taking over the south pacific (natural resources) and China (was primitive at that time) and then provided another direction to attack
Russia.

Germany would of successfully developed the nuclear bomb.....remember at this time Russia was still using horse calvary against tanks. Who would of been able to stand up to Germany then?

As for the rest of this particular thread.......Rense.....it's a joke...like the Weekly World News and bat-boy and so is this thread.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join