Cheney Determined To Strike In US With Weapons of WMD This Summer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Only Impeachment, Removal or General
Strike Can Stop Him

The greatest threat now is "a 9/11 occurring with a group of terrorists armed not with airline tickets and box cutters, but with a nuclear weapon in the middle of one of our own cities."
-- Dick Cheney on Face the Nation, CBS, April 15, 2007

'The balance in the internal White House debate over Iran has shifted back in favour of military action before President George Bush leaves office in 18 months, the Guardian has learned. The shift follows an internal review involving the White House, the Pentagon and the state department over the last month. Although the Bush administration is in deep trouble over Iraq, it remains focused on Iran. A well-placed source in Washington said: "Bush is not going to leave office with Iran still in limbo." at a meeting of the White House, Pentagon and state department last month, Mr Cheney expressed frustration at the lack of progress and Mr Bush sided with him. "The balance has tilted. There is cause for concern," the source said this week. "Cheney has limited capital left, but if he wanted to use all his capital on this one issue, he could still have an impact," said Patrick Cronin, the director of studies at the International Institute for Strategic Studies.' ("Cheney pushes Bush to act on Iran; Military solution back in favour as Rice loses out; President 'not prepared to leave conflict unresolved'", Guardian, July 16, 2007.)

Deluded supporters of the Democratic Party may soon have to throw away their pathetic countdown clocks, those self-consoling little devices that remind them of how much time remains until noon on January 20, 2009, the moment when it is thought that Bush will finally leave office. These countdown clocks make no provision for the Cheney doctrine, which calls for a new super 9/11 with weapons of mass destruction in the US, to be used as the pretext for a nuclear attack on Iran and for martial law at home. Those who think the Republicans cannot hold the White House in 2008 have forgotten that neocons always prefer a coup d'etat to an election. As Cheney told Bob Schieffer of CBS's Face the Nation on April 15, 2007:

'The greatest threat now is "a 9/11 occurring with a group of terrorists armed not with airline tickets and box cutters, but with a nuclear weapon in the middle of one of our own cities."'

Neocons prefer a coup d'etat to an election!

Source

Not everything on Rense.com are lies. Heed the warning. These people are capable of anything.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I wonder if the whole "we'll be attacked" thing is a kind of Boy Who Cried Wolf plot going on.

I mean, we've heard these warnings and threats for ages now, with nothing happening, but at the same time, it is desensitising the people against the "threat", so they'll have to pull something out of the bag in order to give their agenda added impetus.

I hope nothing happens and everything carries on as, er, well almost normal. Can't say anything is normal these days....

I dread to think what would happen to the US if "someone" pulled off a WMD attack in a city there. You guys were bad enough after 9/11 for Pete's sake! I think I'll vomit if I see anymore self praising speeches, human chains, flag waving and Patriots with crocodile tears.... God knows what will happen to the poor sap of a country you decide to blame for it as well...

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Stu,

Thank you for caring about us. It would be the final blow (no pun intended) to have X amount of Americans dead for the whims of our Vice President. :shk:

If this didnt end my life, it would definatly change it forever. To think that our beautiful nation, our home, is being considered for such things is enough to make me puke.

God help us.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
So let me get this straight and please correct me if my assumptions are wrong.

You believe that 9/11 was an inside conspiracy.

You believe that in order to maintain a republican White House that Dick Cheney and his cohorts will create another "9/11" by using a WMD within the US to garner support for a war against Iran.

I would like clarification before I post further. I want my facts straight before I properly respond.

Oh, and I forgot....you gleen all this from this statement..'The greatest threat now is "a 9/11 occurring with a group of terrorists armed not with airline tickets and box cutters, but with a nuclear weapon in the middle of one of our own cities."'

[edit on 22-7-2007 by SwatMedic]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
If you read the article in its "entirety" you will see what is there is cause for concern.
Oh, and this is not my point of view, its from a website- see the link?

I thought it was worth posting since it COULD happen.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I’m thinking if this is the case it's more likely to be a dirty bomb than a full on nuke blast. I say this because the massive amounts of dead would not be in their favour. A dirty bomb would have enough dead in the initial event, cause the wide spread fear and 'please lead us baaaa' feeling among the people, and lastly the big increases in long term illnesses like cancer - for which they can develop drugs and cures for, then dangle them in front of the people like a very expensive carrot. You guys over there don’t have an NHS like us over here.

And that just put another unsavoury thought in me noggin - the NHS is always walking a tightrope - a dirty bomb campaign over here would prob push it over the edge in time as all the after effects come to light.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
"Anything" can happen.

Like I said, I wanted to gather info before I responded.

It is clear that you are just posting a "news" article and these are not your viewpoints thus no further reply needed.

As far as a cause for concern....I agree but IMO we are in much greater danger of a WMD attack from OUTSIDE the US Govt.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I thought it was worth posting since it COULD happen.

Yeah, and an asteroid or comet COULD hit the Earth, a gamma ray burst COULD hit Earth, etc.... I think those are far more likely than Cheney attacking us.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
With all due respect DG, are you out of your mind?

That's it. Call your lemming friends off the cliff.

Has it occured to you that we are at war? Really at war? What kind of damage do you think this sort of ludicrous story does? Passing this trash out as a warning against another republican whitehouse makes me literally sick to my stomach that you've finally gone off the deep end.

Now - no matter what happens - you'll blame us for any attack. You've got your blinders firmly in place and you trying to get everyone else to make sure theirs are on too!

That we attacked ourselves on 9-11 is insane but you've gotten so used to the idea that now any time anybody is attacked it'll be our fault. God you and yours make me sick.

Did Cheney blow up the train in Spain? Was Cheney behind the London attacks? Is Cheney out in the middle of the night setting up roadside bombs in Bagdad while we sleep safely at night? No dear. Al Queda wants you to be an idealogical muslim and anything less signs your own death warant. Let's try to understand the entire scope of what your doing and actually make an attempt to support the right side in all this.

I think it's about time we pulled our collective heads out of our collective asses before we believe in nothing here that is worth protecting!

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Gator, brilliant post.

Al Queda wants you to be an idealogical muslim and anything less signs your own death warant. Let's try to understand the entire scope of what your doing and actually make an attempt to support the right side in all this.

And so many others are on this same bandwagon which justs plays right into the hands of AQ. Turning youself against America and sympathizing with AQ is all part of their global scheme. Sad to see it so well at work in the United States and right here on ATS.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Ah, how the brainwashing works...

I suppose you actually believe you were "attacked" because they hate "your freedoms and way of life?"

Lets assume that it was really AQ that did 9/11. The video supposedly showing OBL giving his reasons states quite clearly what the aim of the attack was and it wasn't to "convert you" or because they hate "your freedoms and way of life". It was for the Israeli double-standards the US shows, US troops on "Holy Ground" and perceived injustices in the Muslim part of the world seemingly supported by the West and it's rampant capitalism. Not because they hate hate "your freedoms and way of life", but because we have screwed them over plenty in the past 50 or so years and they are rather pissed.

You really should learn the causes of terrorism. Because if you don't, you'll be fighting this fight forerver. whilst they might be a reprehensible bunch, terrorists represent the reactionary element of a larger group with real grievances.

And no, your not in a "Real War". Your in a self generated campaign against a threat that could be managed at a much lower cost ion both cash and lives. Iraq was unnecessary and took your eyes off the ball, tied down your forces and is costing your country dear. It is in fact exasperating the causes of terrorism, rather than hindering it.

If you were in a real War, you wouldn't be sat there now growing fat on Bic Macs, catching the latest update's on FOX. In fact, mainland USA hasn't known a real war for about 150 years. This

Do you really want a real War?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Ah, how the brainwashing works...

Of course, start with the standard "Your views arent my views so you must be a brainwashed sheep...good start.

Lets assume that it was really AQ that did 9/11.

Yes. Please humor me and the billions of others that believe this as well.

aim of the attack was and it wasn't to "convert you" or because they hate "your freedoms and way of life". It was for the Israeli double-standards the US shows, US troops on "Holy Ground" and perceived injustices in the Muslim part of the world seemingly supported by the West and it's rampant capitalism. Not because they hate hate "your freedoms and way of life", but because we have screwed them over plenty in the past 50 or so years and they are rather pissed.

Yes, you are right but leaving out much. AQ's greatest desire is to wipe us and the Israeli's out...completely. They have never minced words regarding their blatant HATE for our way of life and freedoms.

So while this was not the backbone of their attack, it certainly represents several vertebrae on that backbone.

In fact, mainland USA hasn't known a real war for about 150 years.

And this is a bad thing? We are capable of defending ourselves and because we havent been "invaded" we should feel ashamed?

Also remember, you enjoy those Big Macs too....all it cost was a couple hundred thousand American lives.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone
With all due respect DG, are you out of your mind?

That's it. Call your lemming friends off the cliff.

I'm not out of my mind at all. In my defense, i am very sane, thank you.

I DO beleive that this is a LIKELY SCENARIO- unlike an asteroid, or any other looneytunes thing that could come our way.

I'll leave those doomsday scenarios for others. As far as Cheney goes, yes, i beleive the article, and i wouldnt DOUBT it.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I suppose you actually believe you were "attacked" because they hate "your freedoms and way of life?"

No. I think we were attacked because OBL thought he could get away with it.

Lets assume that it was really AQ that did 9/11. The video supposedly showing OBL giving his reasons states quite clearly what the aim of the attack was and it wasn't to "convert you" or because they hate "your freedoms and way of life".

What's "to assume" about this? You want us to think we did it to ourselves then use OBL's quote to prove he doesn't hate us? Blithering blitherer.

And no, your not in a "Real War". Your in a self generated campaign against a threat that could be managed at a much lower cost ion both cash and lives. Iraq was unnecessary and took your eyes off the ball, tied down your forces and is costing your country dear. It is in fact exasperating the causes of terrorism, rather than hindering it.

The Terrorists in Iraq are from all over the muslim world. These are future French and Brittish Citizens that arent slumming your cities down yet. You should be thanking us.

If you were in a real War, you wouldn't be sat there now growing fat on Bic Macs, catching the latest update's on FOX. In fact, mainland USA hasn't known a real war for about 150 years.

A little self righteous condesention goes along way, eh? You seem to feel as though you know Americans pretty well all the way from across the pond. Ah, how brainwashing works...

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwatMedic
Also remember, you enjoy those Big Macs too....all it cost was a couple hundred thousand American lives.

Can you please clarify this statement.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Can you please clarify this statement.

Yes. It means that the freedoms and liberties (and high taxes) that the Brits enjoy came at a price that cost American lives (as well as their own) and that they get to enjoy Big Macs due to American involvement in world war II.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Of course, start with the standard "Your views arent my views so you must be a brainwashed sheep...good start.

Not at all. But when Gatordone starts spouting the tired rhetoric of "they want you to convert" and "they hate us", it stinks of the brainwashing and hides the true reasons for the terrorism.

Yes. Please humor me and the billions of others that believe this as well.

I think you'll find that "billions" don't believe it. Recent opinion polls show a significant proportion of people around the world, especially outside the US are not convinced of the official story behind 9/11.

Yes, you are right but leaving out much. AQ's greatest desire is to wipe us and the Israeli's out...completely. They have never minced words regarding their blatant HATE for our way of life and freedoms.

So while this was not the backbone of their attack, it certainly represents several vertebrae on that backbone.

They only ever refer to forcing us out of their lands. They never once have stated they wish world domination and everyone to be Islamic. They often do spout rhetoric concerning our "infidel ways", but only as a qualifier for wanting us out of their land.

And this is a bad thing? We are capable of defending ourselves and because we havent been "invaded" we should feel ashamed?

You missed the point. I was referring to Gatordone's assertion this is in any way a "real" war. Back in the good old days, intelligence services and Police would (successfully) deal with terrorists. The Uk didn't invade Ireland during the 30 years of the troubles, nor did we bomb the USA for providing funding and weapons to the IRA.

Oooh, the hypocrisy....

Invading other piss poor countries on a whim does not cure terrorism and is not a "war".

Besides, you have been invaded on numerous occasions, but invasion does not equal "real war". The UK hasn't been successfully invaded for nearly 1000 years, yet we have known many, many "real wars".

Not really. What lives are we talking about here? Or are we going down the line of "We saved your ass in WW2" again?

What's "to assume" about this? You want us to think we did it to ourselves then use OBL's quote to prove he doesn't hate us? Blithering blitherer.

Now, where in my statement did I say the US did it? I just don't buy the official story. I'm open to idea's... I said "assume", so that we had a context to operate in with regards to the discussion.

Care to address the point at all? Or is this going to be all deflection from you?

The Terrorists in Iraq are from all over the muslim world. These are future French and Brittish Citizens that arent slumming your cities down yet. You should be thanking us.

And they are only there because we are there. They weren't "terrorising" before 2003, where they?

As for your other comment, that displays a huge amount of ignorance. Thank you for what, exactly? Dragging our fine forces into this war for profit that hardly anyone in the UK wanted? Turning us into a target for terrorists? I think you'll be kissing my hairy, white bottom before you get a thank you.

A little self righteous condesention goes along way, eh? You seem to feel as though you know Americans pretty well all the way from across the pond. Ah, how brainwashing works...

Ah, assumption is the mother of all fudge ups. You seem to be under the impression I don't know any Americans......

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Not really. What lives are we talking about here? Or are we going down the line of "We saved your ass in WW2" again?

First of all, I wouldnt put it in use such arrogance as using those words about saving your asses but....youre "not really" comment is making it hard to not be arrogant.

Not really? Not Really? So, if the USA took the track of negotiations, emissaries, and diplomats to stop Hitler and didnt lift a military finger in Europe you guys wouldnt be speaking German?

You know, it appeared that you were pretty informed and intelligent, someone who I could enjoy exchanging ideas with and maybe learning something from. The not really statement, changed my mind. To which you could probably care less but youve gone off the deep end with that one.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The Subject:

"

These countdown clocks make no provision for the Cheney doctrine, which calls for a new super 9/11 with weapons of mass destruction in the US, to be used as the pretext for a nuclear attack on Iran and for martial law at home.

Neocons prefer a coup d'etat to an election!

Not everything on Rense.com are lies. Heed the warning. These people are capable of anything.
"

Let's keep it civil, and cease the comments directed at fellow members. Go after the ball, not the player, folks.

[edit on 7/22/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

First of all, I wouldnt put it in use such arrogance as using those words about saving your asses but....youre "not really" comment is making it hard to not be arrogant.

We hear it ALL the time here. The last time was a couple of hours ago on this thread. It gets tiresome.

Not really? Not Really? So, if the USA took the track of negotiations, emissaries, and diplomats to stop Hitler and didnt lift a military finger in Europe you guys wouldnt be speaking German?

No, we wouldn't. Common misconception, but the Germans didn't make everyone speak German. I realise though that you are merely illustrating a point.

But, in the vein of historical accuracy, the reality would have been a ceasefire with Germany and an allowance for them to prosecute whatever they wanted on the continent. Maybe some territorial concessions in the Empire.

After the Battle of Britain was won, Germany realised that they could not actually invade the UK. Not with the given resources and technology of the time. Operation Sea Lion was put on hold indefinitely.

Hitler actually would have preferred peace with Britain and the Empire (and France too). The reality is that Churchill insisted on prosecuting a War we could not realistically win in the long term alone and bankrupted the nation, costing us the Empire in the process. Had we sued for Peace after the Battle of Britain, then things would be a whole lot different. We would have kept the Empire, for one.

I might add that a significant proportion of US public opinion (and arms of Government, including Congress and the State Department) were actually against the UK and pro-Hitler. It took alot of work from the President and some "activity" from British Secret Service types to "sway" opinion....

I am a WW2 buff....

You know, it appeared that you were pretty informed and intelligent, someone who I could enjoy exchanging ideas with and maybe learning something from. The not really statement, changed my mind. To which you could probably care less but youve gone off the deep end with that one.

Thank you, but I am a stickler for accuracy, rather than rhetoric and it annoys me when people appear to have absorbed it and repeat it as gospel.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join