It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Preparing Domestic Clampdown

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Read the UCMJ...Article 92....

Now understand it is not violating the Constitution to place civilians in detention centers weather for their own good or not.

Remember we have already suspended Habies Corpus while holding detainees in Guantanamo...

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i just about swallowed it...

but pulling troops from Iraq combat for crowd control here in the homeland???
When the Bush&Co is twisting every arm to get 'Surges' underway??
extending Iraq tours of duty, etc etc

also the 741st Military Intelligence Brigade, Ft Made, MD ??
its Ft. Meade, (i can understand an accidental typo, but a weighty issue like implementing a Dictatorship/Martial Law...) all the 'I's would be dotted and 'T's crossed when made public !!

all those "MI" Battalions & brigades are just what it says they are
counter-intelligence...which makes all the list of units allegedly to be re-deployed in the US...a bogus allegation...

They are not Military Police Units, which a domestic crack-down would need

the idea being woven is absurd files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19-7-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisabledVet
A soldiers oath is to obey orders...regardless if he sees it fit or not.

Attention!

Now hear this recruit! You have obviously not been properly trained so it's back to basic training for you.

There is a long and well documented stance regarding obeying orders in the military, all the way back to 1799 in the revered armed forces of these United States. The Nuremberg Trials were a good benchmark for what will happen when soldiers try to fall back on "only obeying orders," as was the My Lai Massacre trial. More than one spineless soldier has had his neck stretched for this lack of basic military instruction. And yes, the Major is fully aware of the irony of the preceding sentence.

You are hereby ordered by the Major to review the following to better acquaint yourself with the reality of of following orders, vice your ill informed drivel:

usmilitary.about.com...

The Major is also suspect regarding your nom de guerre, as it seems to have little relationship with your apparent experience.

Dismissed.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'm not saying that most of the forces there are Black Water, I said much... not most.

Easy mistake to make. Got no quarrel with ya.

As for the soldiers following orders and having a mind of their own... yes, they have a mind of their own, and no, the majority will likely not disobey orders.
The first step to making a soldier out of a man, is brainwashing.

The whole purpose to the yelling and humiliation in boot camp is to ensure the soldier remains to be obedient. Same way you can train a dog.

Yes, a few may decide it's wrong... and those few will get courtmarshalled, and little will be spoken of it.
The rest will know not to disobey, and that will be that.

It's not that they cannot think for themselves, they dare not.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
A fan of my work reached out to me regarding this document. I'm looking in to it myself. I will probably end up citing it in a new thread I'm getting read to launch. I hope that we all follow this closely. Hoax or not, we are fast approaching the point of possibility for this kind of thing.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by Justin Oldham]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy

Attention!

The Major is also suspect regarding your nom de guerre, as it seems to have little relationship with your apparent experience.

Dismissed.

Look here Major pain.....

First don't for one second assume which makes and ass out of you that I haven't served our country. I've got the scars to prove it and I can send my Veterans card showing my service connected disability to this site so they can tell you I'm for real.

Second you obviously don't have much aptitude for reading comprehension as you nicely only snipped out the part of my post which you wanted all the while ignoring the basis of the post whereby I formulated why in this case when orders from the top are flawed there will be no way for a soldier on the ground to know up from down whilst enacting a order to control the civilian population....lawful or or not, if the orders from the top are flawed then the effect is that the orders appear to be valid when they trickle down and will be enforced as such.

So no Majorette, I will not follow your order and it is I whom doubt you even served in any other capacity than pencil pusher or soap dispenser.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
A fan of my work reached out to me regarding this document. I'm looking in to it myself. I will probably end up citing it in a new thread I'm getting read to launch. I hope that we all follow this closely. Hoax or not, we are fast approaching the point of possibility for this kind of thing.

Justin will you post a link to your findings here?....if this is true it will be one to spread to the masses, as this just cant happen to our country...it will tear us apart.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Hoax or not, we are fast approaching the point of possibility for this kind of thing.

Agreed. It's a sign of the times when this kind of thing is taken seriously at all.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Civil unrest in the United States? Now? hardly. Not when half the entire population can be distracted from reality with another Paris Hilton story. I am ashamed of my generation... gone are the days of 500,000 strong anti-war protests and taking it to the streets, and we need such actions now more than ever. We have become so fat and happy that there is little that could shake us from our self imposed stupor and this article is a prime example of that. Can anyone who has not dined in the land of the lotus eaters seriously believe that there is social unrest in America because of this misbegotton frat boy's wet dream? There may be discontent threatening Republican dreams of a permanant majority but that is it. The simple truth is... most people simply do not want to know and will go out of their ways to avoid the truth... Nah we are the land of the lotus eaters.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Whether or not it is true, I think there are a lot of people in the population who have some discontent with the government. Does that mean those people will act, no, but some will. That looks a lot like what some threads on here predict, say will happen, ect. If it is true, then that looks like the end of what we know and love, freedom.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Even when I regard the article with skepticism, I wounder if our present administration may be preparing a plan of contingency in case an attack on Iran will cause massive out of control protest in the US.

Sometimes is better to be ready than sorry.

Still I am like many of you researching on this news to see if is a hoax.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This is disturbing given that I've been having premonitions of a coup by the neo cons. I have a vision of a mushroom cloud with Bush Jr. in the middle and being "blamed" on the Iranians. Of course, Cheney can now move into power legally and declare martial law (given the circumstances Congress would probably acquiesce). Bush the puppet will be no more, but he would be of no use anyway now that his credibility is almost completely gone.
This is a disturbing image that I do not want to see manifest.

Has anyone else had these thoughts?

Peace,
Jammer

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
As recently as just a few years ago, most people would not have believed such a thing would/could happen here.

However, in those few years we have seen actions which are being taken by this administration that certainly look as if they are in the process of setting up a budding dictatorship.

It is for this reason that I, along with others on this thread, will be watching closely to see what our esteemed researchers can find out about the truth of this matter.

I would so much like to see this end up being a hoax, for if it is found to be based in truth, we would be looking at some SERIOUS problems.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I would be willing to lean towards the "hoax" side on this one. It just seems to me that someone had too much time on their hands. The following snippet was a nice touch, too.

Destruction Notice: Destroy by any method that will prevent disclosure of contents or reconstruction of the document. ….
source

If this isn't a hoax, it's definitely bad news.

As far as using the military within our nations borders, as described in the aforementioned document... I'd be more concerned with this....

USARNORTH conducts Homeland Defense (HLD) and Civil Support (CS) operations, and Theater Security Cooperation (TSC) activities, as the Army Service Component Command (ASCC) to U.S. Northern Command in order to protect the American people and their way of life. On order, USARNORTH commands and controls deployed forces as a Joint Task Force (JTF) or Joint Force Land Component Command (JFLCC).
USARNORTH

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic
Before this one gets deleted like the last, how reputable are the sources? I've got this same story pulled up on three different sites.

www.tbrnews.org...

Cannot speak for the others but TBRnews reeks of Sorcha Faal..aka David Booth .Therefore I say it is yet another hoax

Last I heard his/her accuracy rate was zip zero nada, enuff said

Just checked out www.nworeport.com... and it would appear she/he also has several articles on this site another one down

[edit on 7/19/2007 by shots]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think I'm gonna have to agree. Now that I've had time to look at the article, it's just too 'convenient.' I don't doubt that somebody did their homework, but this was clearly an item meant for internet consumption. the mechanics suggest that this was a choreographed document, no actually circulated in any bureaucracy or even created by one single person. I say hoax.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm skeptical because there is very little civil unrest here, and very little sign of any on the horizon.

Yes, the war and the Administration are very unpopular, but people aren't exactly taking to the streets en masse. There is more of a feeling of resignation and hopelessness - there is very little faith anything can be done to change things - which would be necessary to get enough people doing something that would qualify as "civil unrest".

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   

A soldiers oath is to obey orders...regardless if he sees it fit or not.

Actually, the recruitment oath includes "defend Constitution of the United States against all enemies, both foreign & domestic" (as Biggie Smalls was kind enough to post in full), I know because I took that oath myself; I'm a Vet from the First Gulf War Era...Remember "Daddy" Bush?

Even though I'm no longer Active Military, I still take that Oath seriously.
BTW Major Discrepancy...
I love it! Trite, but true! Concise, but reverant with enough irreverancy to slam the point home!

IMO, once the military has had its eye on the "domestic pulse" long enough, they will come to realize that there certainly are "domestic enemies" in the Government itself. Even parts of the report linked by the OP mention accomodations for "establishing or re-establishing a viable Government...So once the military top brass realize that their "high level orders" are coming from the Real Enemies of the Nation, I'm confident that they would do what they can to restore Constitutional Order, since it's already esablished as the Supreme Law of the Land.

The scary thing is when the order comes from the top, and that order is distorted to make the innocent look guilty you have to then convince the military otherwise... and since they are again a closed group trying to do so would be very difficult.

IMO, once even the base-line soldiers realize that they'll be working closely with the Public (especially the "at home" Vets, Reserves & National Guard) & learn more of the Government's Crimes against the Nation & that they've been as isolated from the truth "at home" as much as we've been deceived about the truth "over there," they'll be reporting their own intelligence to their Officers as well. Sooner or later, every soldier may find himself in a situation that, in order to "perform his Duty," it may require disobeying orders that conflict with that Duty.

Not that I wouldn't expect a lot of pain & blood to be shed before Constitutional Order is restored...But every soldier that has taken his Oath seriously is going to have to stop long enough to determine what that Oath really means.

Hoax or not, we are fast approaching the point of possibility for this kind of thing.

True enough...Every good general knows well enough to take into account every possiblity imaginable before embarking on any campaign. Head 'em up & move 'em out!

[edit on 19-7-2007 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Just skimmed it and I believe it's a hoax, in that the whole domestic insurrection bit has been grafted onto what is probably a real military training manual for counterinsurgency training in Iraq.

Nice try, but pretty obvious.

And frankly the only way you could have insurrection in these fat & happy States is if you closed every Walmart and fastfood in the country and blocked all TV stations but PBS.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Is this the best anti-war c**p someone can come up with.

Don't agree with the politics and the administration, fine, as an American you have every right to state your beliefs. I even think we fought several wars over these ideals, and I would be will to fight another one to defend anyone's rights.

This is far from an official notice, hardly more than a high school report at best from a "B" student in an English Composition 1 class.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join