It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Preparing Domestic Clampdown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

US Preparing Domestic Clampdown

www.nworeport.com

"Yesterday, one of my good friends from another office was telling me they were going to start issuing armored vests to us office types because of the growing danger from mortars. We are being shelled daily and, like everything else, casualties are way underreported . But more important than the flak vests was a file he had copied out and which he gave to me to smuggle out of the country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This story is now spreading on the net so it is on other sites now.

www.nworeport.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Before this one gets deleted like the last, how reputable are the sources? I've got this same story pulled up on three different sites.

www.tbrnews.org...

www.nworeport.com...

www.nationalexpositor.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
We don't know the original source but it is spreading pretty quick...so we may want to watch for any official Govt. response or some other signs...

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have been checking the validity of the Military units mentioned towards the bottom, and they do exist, and are stationed where it indicates they are.... but Im of course still checking more into this.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
DisabledVet... based on what you've read and your experience in the service, does this sound legit? Is it written like something you'd expect to see? On another question, if it was real do you think the military would actually enforce it?

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I have repeated the source, and copied it onto my personal site.

It is my right under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and I feel it is my duty, to ensure that no public document ever be restricted from public eyes.

I am upholding the charter of rights and freedoms, and the freedoms expressed within it. I am in no way supporting the information within the article.
(I have to cover my ass).

The copied version can be viewed at : www.geocities.com...

I will do everything I can to ensure that no document I protect be removed.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by johnsky]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

...because of "growing popular unrest in the United States,...

Really?

Where?

I'm not seeing it.

It's nowhere close to what it was during the Vietnam war and the economy will not collapse (or get really bad) for another two years or so.

The document reads more like a college paper on "the topic" than "orders" for implementation of any kind of plan.

IMO of course.

[edit on 7/19/2007 by Gools]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I've noticed several discrepancies that certainly don't lend to this being an Actual or Official document.

i.e.
laminat-ing [huh?]

I'll hold out for further documentation, though my gut tells me that someone's having quite the chuckle over the reactions to their folly.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Good question...I have researched as of now every unit listed and they do exist, are currently stationed where the article indicates they are and they do what the article indicates they do.

Further the other monikers used are official and the general lay out of the plan is in accordance with what position the military would take to help control a domestic uprising.

Remember the military is a close knit and controlled entity, so if they are lead to believe that an uprising by GOOD AMERICANS against lets say, President Bush's attempt to prolong his presidency, or enact Presidential Directive 51 is really a bunch of BAD AMERICANS than the military mislead would commence operations as instructed.... remember Katrina... It took a 3 star general to step foot on the ground to stop the soldiers whom were pointing weapons at displaced Katria victims...

Make no mistake, while the military is made up of US citizens their command and control infrastructure starts at the top..with the president, and as such, if he chooses to create a false flag operation of citizens trying to overthrow the government, it will be easy to maintain good control of the military while simultaneously enacting the clampdown indicated in his information.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

Where?

I'm not seeing it.

It's nowhere close to what it was during the Vietnam war and the economy will not collapse (or get really bad) for another two years or so.

[edit on 7/19/2007 by Gools]

If you take some time and look at the general feeling of the internet community towards the current administration, you will see there is a huge base of support against the administration including the recent polls indicating that congress has the lowest approval rating of all time.

Not to mention many grass roots organizations calling for the impeachment of the president.... pile all this together in a big pot..mix it up and you have a sludge of discontent that the current administration cant ignore...and as power hungry as they have PROVEN themselves to be we cant put it above them to try and maintain control as long as they can.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by DisabledVet]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
DV... What about their commission oath? What about the Constitution? Wouldn't that have any bearing? If not on enlisted how about officers? Wouldn't they see it for what it is?

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisabledVet
If you take some time and look at the general feeling of the internet community towards the current administration, you will see there is a huge base of support against the administration including the recent polls indicating that congress has the lowest approval rating of all time.

yes, but the internet community is very different from your average Joe on the street.

I know people who have called for a revolution in the United Kingdom on the internet, but no one is out on the street.

90% of what people say on the internet is basically "all talk and no trousers"

i.e they would not carry it out in the real world.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Not to mention many grass roots organizations calling for the impeachment of the president.... pile all this together in a big pot..mix it up and you have a sludge of discontent that the current administration cant ignore...and as power hungry as they have PROVEN themselves to be we cant put it above them to try and maintain control as long as they can.

Just cause you are taking a pulse of the internet community to get an idea of the mood they are in does not mean they are going to start an insurgency against the U.S. govt. They can voice their dissent or curse at the current Administration, but its not enough to start some kind of revolution, and the govt. is pretty much doing nothing against something that does not exist at all...yet.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
DV... What about their commission oath? What about the Constitution? Wouldn't that have any bearing?

A soldiers oath is to obey orders...regardless if he sees it fit or not.

The scary thing is when the order comes from the top, and that order is distorted to make the innocent look guilty you have to then convince the military otherwise... and since they are again a closed group trying to do so would be very difficult.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

DV... What about their commission oath? What about the Constitution? Wouldn't that have any bearing? If not on enlisted how about officers? Wouldn't they see it for what it is?

remember, much of the US force in Iraq is not consisted of US Military forces, much of it is a contract handed out to Black Water. A military company.

You can apply for themselves if you want, but I wouldn't. I don't care what you pay me, no paycheck is worth getting shot at.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'm getting the feeling that this is a precursor to Martial Law. Basically, it seems to me that if ML is put into effect, that's when the uprising will take place, and this is a quick response system to handle it immediately.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

A soldiers oath is to obey orders...regardless if he sees it fit or not.

I thought a soldier swore to uphold the Constitution? I was participating in the US Marine Corps JROTC during high school for 2 years. Never did they mention anything about loyalty to the government, only the country.

I DO SOLEMNLY SWEAR (OR AFFIRM) THAT I WILL SUPPORT AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC; THAT I WILL BEAR TRUE FAITH AND ALLEGIANCE TO THE SAME; AND THAT I WILL OBEY THE ORDERS OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE ORDERS OF THE OFFICERS APPOINTED OVER ME, ACCORDING TO REGULATIONS AND THE UNIFORM CODE OF MILITARY JUSTICE. SO HELP ME GOD.

Defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

I hope enough soldiers are intelligent enough not to listen to anti-Constitutional orders.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

remember, much of the US force in Iraq is not consisted of US Military forces, much of it is a contract handed out to Black Water. A military company.

You can apply for themselves if you want, but I wouldn't. I don't care what you pay me, no paycheck is worth getting shot at.

Your perception that the majority of the contractors are former American military armed to the teeth is flawed. Many contracts are also to Iraqis and many Americans are not armed, most are just drivers transporting goods, or are mechanics helping to repair or add new equipment.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
They are under no obligation to obey orders that are unlawful. That would imply unconstitutional as well.

Soldiers are not mindless robots despite what some may think. Most would no more go along with this than well...me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join