It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

i would like everyone

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
to join me in this peition to get a gender icon which is use on IPB and VB
to be installed on ATS, so we know the person were talking to is either male of female so when typing a message we dont have to say s/he or call someone a she when they are a HE.




posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I'll sign my name here...

galm 1



posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'd like to protest against this petition,

However I'm against protesting, I just don't know how to show it.:shk::shk:



posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I like the idea because there have been several times when i would say he or she wrong. It should be just an option though for the people who does not want other people to know. So i'll sign.

___Minnie



[edit on 19-7-2007 by minnie]



posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Absolutely I will sign.I do not want to be confused with the other Access Denied who is male.
AccessDenied



posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
ok thats four people
come on people leave your mark aka

a reply with a message and your name at the bottom



posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Woah, NO!!!!

That just opens the flood gates for a slew of Gender and or Age discrimination.

Sexists, and or people like me who don't like to be talked down to by a 14 year old, wouldn't take a 14 year old seriously on an argument if we knew of said age... and sexists would again, disagree with women, strictly because they are women.

I say no way. This is a big mistake.



posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Woah, NO!!!!

That just opens the flood gates for a slew of Gender and or Age discrimination.

Sexists, and or people like me who don't like to be talked down to by a 14 year old, wouldn't take a 14 year old seriously on an argument if we knew of said age... and sexists would again, disagree with women, strictly because they are women.

I say no way. This is a big mistake.


so what do you do when you reply to someone and they are a He?
guess their gender?

coment

************* s/he blah blah and so on

or she/he blah blah and son

i find it insulting and im sure many others members agree when their genders are gussed in replys. and they are called hes when they are shes or shes when they are a he

i am not talking about age but an option thats right an option for those who want to have their gender in their profile. those who dont like it dont have to participate. but they shouldnt have the right to stop those who want to have this feature


[edit on 19-7-2007 by bodrul]



posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
I say no way. This is a big mistake.


I don't know that it's a "big" mistake, but part of the allure of this board is that you can post with anonymity and don't have to reveal anything specific about yourself, unless you want.

However, if it's important for someone to have everyone know their gender, use a gender specific name and/or avatar. If nothing else, put it in a custom title. Lots of customization options available for those that choose.

And yeah, I'm a guy.



posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
I don't know that it's a "big" mistake, but part of the allure of this board is that you can post with anonymity and don't have to reveal anything specific about yourself, unless you want.

However, if it's important for someone to have everyone know their gender, use a gender specific name and/or avatar. If nothing else, put it in a custom title. Lots of customization options available for those that choose.

And yeah, I'm a guy.


thats why i said optional

so those who want anonymity can have it


and yes its important for most as it can be annoying when they say start guessing a gender.

a simple icon in the profile is nothing majour

and those who want to stay imune can stay so

ps custom title and name?

1. custom title costs points
2. people would have to create a new account if they arent new

[edit on 19-7-2007 by bodrul]



posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Why does it matter? Our race, gender don't really matter, it's our thoughts on whatever subject is being discussed that matter. MHO.

So I suppose this means no
.



posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Why does it matter? Our race, gender don't really matter, it's our thoughts on whatever subject is being discussed that matter. MHO.

So I suppose this means no
.


so right now its 4 yes and 3 Nos

and it does matter as its annoying

dont see why we cant have one for those who want the feature
to stop people from mixing genders up.



posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
1. custom title costs points
2. people would have to create a new account if they arent new


1-Yes they do. And a fine way to spend them,if this is a concern.
2- I would think that for those who this was an issue, they would've taken it into consideration when choosing the name.

But whatever. I don't want to start an argument, madame.




posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
1-Yes they do. And a fine way to spend them,if this is a concern.


nope its to express a personal statement not to say gender


Originally posted by yeahright
2- I would think that for those who this was an issue, they would've taken it into consideration when choosing the name.


what about those that chose to use their reel names like me



Originally posted by yeahright
But whatever. I don't want to start an argument, madame.



then why argue that this feature isnt exceptible when its open and optional



posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
i will just mention this again



since many people seem to over look this


THIS IS OPTIONAL


so those who want amunity dont have to select a gender and remain secret



posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

then why argue that this feature isnt exceptible when its open and optional


I don't know. Sometimes I just feel the need to disagree.




posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I dont think it's that big of deal if its optional. I vote for yes, but my siggy says my gender



posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by vckums
my siggy says my gender


Good catch, See, there's another way already available. There are a multitude of creative ways to accomplish this already.




posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by vckums
I dont think it's that big of deal if its optional. I vote for yes, but my siggy says my gender


thanks for the support

now its 5/3 for now



posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Does it matter whether someone is male of female? And what if they lie?

Does it matter if someone is black or white?, rich or poor?, Christian or Jew?...etc. etc. etc.

Who cares?






top topics



 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join