It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion in midtown Manhattan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Its hot as hell here today guys..this happens a lot in NYC. We have manhole covers that blow 30 feet in the air this time of year from electrical fires so to say transformers don't explode is ridiculous.

They explode, but they aren't going to cause a building to collapse. However, I guess there wasn't a building that collapsed, so, it's really a moot point, I suppose.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
latest reports state and I repeat there were or was no building that collapsed. Just a big hol of forty foot and one 14 passenger school bus and possibly 3 injured at this point.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
CNN said this happened before in 1989, and 3 people died and 20 were injured because the brown liquid that came out of the ground had asbestos in it.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

NEW YORK - A steam explosion tore through a Manhattan street near Grand Central Terminal on Wednesday during the evening rush hour, sending residents running for cover amid a plume of steam.

New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne said it was not terrorism related. There was no immediate word on injuries. Subway service was suspended because of the explosion.

A geyser of steam, sometimes white and sometimes muddy brown, shot into the air from a gaping hole in the street near the train station and was as high as the nearby Chrysler Building. The air near the site was filled with debris.

Heiko H. Thieme, an investment banker in midtown, had mud splattered on his face, pants and shoes. He said the explosion was like a volcano.

"Everybody was a bit confused, everybody obviously thought of 9-11."

Its just an accident.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Im guessing a underground volcano is about to erupt.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It does NOT appear to be terrorism. As of now, there is no building collapsed, or at least MSNBC and other news sources have not mentioned it. It has been upgraded to a 5 alarm fire.

11 people are hurt, and several in critical condition in area hospitals. It's been a bad weather day, with flooding in the area and an apparent tornado in Islip (I think that was the location...I'm on the other coast...).

As with everything 90 minutes post event, no solid conclusions can be drawn, but it is less likely terrorism than mechanical failure at this time.

Regards-
Aimless

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
Building collapse?
Well, they just don't build them like they used to.

Why do they call it a building when it is already built?

I'd like to take this opportunity to show people that I don't always think stuff like this in New York City is a conspiracy.

If everybody is still running after the blast, then they probably still actually believe that only planes completely demolished the World Trade Center.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Originally posted by zyntax555

Why, oh why post this drivel ?

Any evidence to back this up ?

Oh, a volcano is the mount created by an
eruption.
So, there is an "underground" volcano ?

Very interesting.

Please, by all means elaborate.

Lex

apc

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Don't you know anything about volcanoes? This is totally how they start. The Government is just trying to cover up the steam vent by saying it was an explosion. As if there were steam pipes running under New York. Pssh.

What I want to know is how will giant plume of steam affect the environment?! What will this do to Global Warming?!?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
First, there is those steam explosions and the ground shaking.

Then, this happens!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
asbestos is in the steam, their not allowed to go home there. The terrorists want us to be dumb from asbestos!

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by realanswers

Then, this happens!

www.youtube.com...

I really hope you posted this to be funny. This is obviously not real and even the comment section for this video has people telling him how cool it looks and asking what program he used. Please tell me this is just a joke.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
asbestos is in the steam, their not allowed to go home there. The terrorists want us to be dumb from asbestos!

Golly gee, maybe the NYPD and FDNY should put their gas masks that they were given after 9/11/01 on?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xeverybodywakeup
CNN said this happened before in 1989, and 3 people died and 20 were injured because the brown liquid that came out of the ground had asbestos in it.

asbestos or PCB's that was in transformers the cancerous stuff.

On CNN there is a live video feed to see what happened. It looks like the street exploded and there may have been a truck or something on the spot where it happened. The picture was a little dark at the time I viewed it.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Here are some images of what it looked like. Does have a resemblance of a volcano in a way.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

Golly gee, maybe the NYPD and FDNY should put their gas masks that they were given after 9/11/01 on?

Already happening. Turn on ze tv.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I have been posting on other threads too. I was about 6 blocks away when it happened. It was definitely a steam pipe. Unless a bomb went off and THEN caused a pipe to burst - there is nothing more to this.

Any new news on chemicals in the air? The smell was pretty bad.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen

Originally posted by realanswers

Then, this happens!

www.youtube.com...

I really hope you posted this to be funny. This is obviously not real and even the comment section for this video has people telling him how cool it looks and asking what program he used. Please tell me this is just a joke.

Of course, it's a joke. It's just done with very good special effects. A little hair raising won't hurt anybody. If anything it will wake people up to what could happen so they'll make themselves more prepared.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Don't you know anything about volcanoes? This is totally how they start. The Government is just trying to cover up the steam vent by saying it was an explosion. As if there were steam pipes running under New York. Pssh.

What I want to know is how will giant plume of steam affect the environment?! What will this do to Global Warming?!?

I'm going to assume you were being sarcastic.

Anyway, 24 hours ago we "fired the grid (july 17th, 11:11 gmt). I guess the grid is firing back.

[edit on 7/18/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zyntax555

Maybe, you're right!

First the government/army tries to set up another bomb planting 9-11 event under a building, then nature TAKES OVER!
During all this, they still make the 9-11 government bombs blow up the large building. I guess the government has an addiction to staging terrorist attacks/blowing up buildings.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join