It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear removed from wikipedia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
^^i dont see anything about john being a nut in there

is the fact that john is a nut a new observation to the wikipedia staff ?

just kidding john

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You'll find me in Wikipedia, too. Somebody started an entry in there last year and didn't do much with it. I roughed it out a little and I haven't been back t oti since. An ATS member pointed out to me just yesterday that "my" entry is labelled as up fo deletion. I like the idea that somebody thought enoug of me to start an entry, but it's no big deal to me if I lose it.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Oh my, "disappeared" in a 21st century conspiracy-conspiracy.
The "aviarists" as well as those to which johnlear is a "burr under saddle" must be splittin' a gut. Best thread in a week.

A "proper-wiki" might possibly be something like a "true" self-authorized self-written disclaimer-equipped autobiography: "John Lear: Mein Mine" or "John Lear: Are you sure you want to know?", or "John Lear: For Dummies" (no disrespect intended - quite the opposite).

johnlear brings much to ATS and is one of the most enjoyable "reads" that I actually look forward to. I hope they give him a part in the X-Files '08 movie - a Camelot cameo. I think johnlear should and could play John Lear very well.

I'm not sure johnlear is done writing that John Lear history just yet either... not by half and then some I'd expect... pretty spry. History is a soup best served "live". Nevada eh? Air-conditioned. Hmmm how does Senator Lear sound?
and

Cheers!

Vic

[edit on 17-7-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Maybe John Lear never landed on earth and it's a big NASA cover-up

Maybe all the John Lear photo's of himself are all air brushed photo's of an actual Alien to look like a human

Maybe the Government realizes we are getting close to discovering that the moon base photo's are actual photo's of John Lear's moon house where he lives

Or maybe the next advertising jingle for Mounds and Almond Joy candy bars should be .... "sometimes you feel like a Lear (nut) ... sometimes you don't."

Just teasing you John, as long as ATS don't delete you then you still exist,
Bzzzzzzz

[edit on 7/17/2007 by BuzzingOn]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well John, you still have accessibility from Google! Even if Google itself deletes you as Wiki did, Google will still reach to you through the Google/ATS-Contents link.

After all, ATS seems to be a big draw for breakfast cereals...You know, the fruits, nuts & flakes of society.

Paranoids of the World Unite!

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Hey john, i think you should start a new web site called conspiracy wiki. With your popularity and all the support you could get. It wouldnt cost much and your friends here at ats would contribute to the content.

The only problem with that idea is that everyone would be debating something and then would say look at this link from conspiracy wiki. This is surely a fact
But just think, now when someone looks you up on the web it will direct them to more A.T.S threads about you and people who have never seen this sight will most likely join.

I do have a question, do you plan on ever writing a book about theories you have. Its never to late to make some serious dough.

I also wanted to know if you was in the air force in 1958-1962

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This is getting...

Painful.

"Conspiracy Wiki?"

What a novel idea... Why didn't ATS think of that?

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think John's aviation records/history warrant a page on there. I guess their editors don't deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
This is getting...

Painful.

"Conspiracy Wiki?"

What a novel idea... Why didn't ATS think of that?

Hey, im new around here. I didnt even know that existed. But im glad to see it. Just goes to show that you learn something new everyday.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberSEAL
I think John's aviation records/history warrant a page on there. I guess their editors don't deny ignorance.

agreed.

as far as im concerned it doesnt even have to mention his interest in UFOs and the alternative media.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Well the answer here is simple, change your name to King Lear.

en.wikipedia.org...

I doubt that Wiki page will ever be deleted due to "lacking notability."

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 17/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
lol@at that picture!

john i think you got yourself a new avatar

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by makeitso
Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/John Lear

I must say that's pretty funny... How does it feel to be deleted for being an unnotable nut?

[edit on 7/16/2007 by djohnsto77]

djohnston,

A little rough, eh?

I am currently working on developing a proof that would explain the intricate and definite relationship between High ATS Point Totals and Chronic Mast ur Bation.

Thank you for your cooperation.

H

[edit on 7/18/2007 by Horrificus]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horrificus
A little rough, eh?

I never meant to be disparaging to johnlear, just comment on the Wikipedia stated reasons for deletion. I think John knows that (or at least I hope he does).

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
OK enough joking about!

I have now added the deleted John Lear Wikipedia article (minus Wikipedia's internal links etc.) to TinWiki.org: tinwiki.org...

Dear me, how can the John Lear article be relegated from Wikipedia to TinWiki.org?! I'm still p*$$ed off about the whole situation!

But for now it will have to do...

On the positive think of this as a base of what will one day be re-submitted to Wikipedia proper. Please feel free to contribute and add constructively to the article (extra information, references etc…) - anything that will improve the article's chance of being re-instated onto Wikipedia.

It is going to happen!

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strawberry_Icecream
Dear me, how can the John Lear article be relegated from Wikipedia to TinWiki.org?! I'm still p*$$ed off about the whole situation!

While I am most likely biased, I think it's an IMPROVEMENT!

Springer...

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I never really liked the whole "notability" problem with Wikipedia. Information is information, and info junkies like me NEED THEIR INFORMATION!!

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol
Wow, that is pretty odd that it would just be taken off. If this wasn't due to John's request I think we should definitely do something to get it back. Heck, with a clean slate we could get information directly from John thanks to his support of ATS. Beyond any ideas, opinions, or knowledge that he has that man is an American hero as one of the most experienced pilots in the world. His tests and hours in the sky have provided future generations of pilots with valuable information and a model to look up to.

and you forgot to mention that he's FREAKING HOT ..
ahem...sorry

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join