It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear removed from wikipedia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I saw this in another thread and decided to start a new thread for it.

John used to have his own wikipedia entry but for some strange reason, it has been removed. go ahead and check for yourself.

anyone have any idea why johns wikipedia page woould be removed?

john was it a request from you?

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Wow, that is pretty odd that it would just be taken off. If this wasn't due to John's request I think we should definitely do something to get it back. Heck, with a clean slate we could get information directly from John thanks to his support of ATS. Beyond any ideas, opinions, or knowledge that he has that man is an American hero as one of the most experienced pilots in the world. His tests and hours in the sky have provided future generations of pilots with valuable information and a model to look up to.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Interesting...

Bill Lear's page is intact:

en.wikipedia.org...

But the link to John's page from it is dead.

Perhaps he requested it removed, or it could be due to wiki-vandalism.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Nope. He's just not noteable according to the Wikipedia staff deletion log.

Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/John Lear

[edit on 7/16/07 by makeitso]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well...

John deserves a page here:

tinwiki.org...

Dontchathink?

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
No, I did not request the deletion from Wikipedia. It just confirms I am a nut. But you knew that anyway!

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/John Lear

I must say that's pretty funny... How does it feel to be deleted for being an unnotable nut?

[edit on 7/16/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Originally posted by djohnsto77

How does it feel to be deleted for being an unnotable nut?

Very few nuts have attached the highest standard of unnotable nutability, removal from Wikipedia. I am deeply honored.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I find it noteworthy that johnlear, as all us unnotable nuts know, notes no notoriety goes unnoticed by those who would know notes and is very noble and no-bull and should be nominated for a Nobel in unnotable nutabilty for nut-noteworthiness none the less... you know? Wiki-who? Not that anyone would notice but a "nut" with a "fine thread" can take more torque.

Cheers and thanks johnlear,

Vic

[edit on 17-7-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Heres a link too a very Historically noted and verified Airplane Industry King Pin. And undesputable. A Great read and solidifies who and what John has accomplished as a pilot. Whether his views are agreed with or not the guy has done and seen very much more than 95% of the populus.
This link below as well as other Lear Corp historical references can back up Exactly what and Who John has claimed he is.
Sorry John but some folks just dont do their research and the Wiki as well as these threads just spread sadly.
The link is a very comprehensive and factual accounting btw.
www.billlear.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Interesting...

Bill Lear's page is intact:

en.wikipedia.org...

But the link to John's page from it is dead.

Perhaps he requested it removed, or it could be due to wiki-vandalism.

Damn you beat me to it....

*reads it*

LMFAO!

Though he could be difficult to work for, William Lear reportedly had a good sense of humour. He named his daughter Crystal Chanda ("crystal chandelier").

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Great! Finally people are taking an interest!

I originally wrote the article back in November 2005. Please see my posts about it in the John Lear Censorship? thread (scroll down until you see them). But I guess the discussion has moved to here now...

I was shocked back then when there was no article about John Lear on Wikipedia - a person with such credentials who was a central figure in one of the biggest stories of all time - Area 51/S-4. I was even more shocked when Wikipedia recently pulled the article! It is obvious that the editors who voted for deletion have no clue and are totally prejudice towards the subject matter. As I said in the other thread: I suggest the editors try a bit harder in verifying the information!

That Lear Gene article is an excellent find! Thanks VType!

I also see that people have added to my comment on the Wikipedia John Lear Discussion page as well. Thanks for the support! Now let's get this article back in there!

Maybe if someone has the time they would like to add and properly reference information from the Lear Gene article to the original Wikipedia article.

Remnants of the John Lear Wikipedia article can be found here at Answers.com.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Originally posted by djohnsto77

How does it feel to be deleted for being an unnotable nut?

Very few nuts have attached the highest standard of unnotable nutability, removal from Wikipedia. I am deeply honored.

It probably comes from those who would like to pull you off the field. Just a guess.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by VType
The link is a very comprehensive and factual accounting btw.
www.billlear.com...

Now that is a good link. I have been taking in John's posts for almost a year now and a common thing people try to debunk John with is, "is he who he says he is?" and this provides some excellent answers to that question.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Removed from wikipedia!! Wow Grats John!! I have been following Mr. Lear for about 1 year now. I find the man very interesting, and enjoy reading and watching his video

John Lear censorship has been a long running theme, and now it appears we have a tidbit of truth here. I will always be watching and reading in the background, keep up the good work!

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hmmmm...

I'm starting to wonder... Wonder why no one has bothered to write a TinWiki entry for John (heck, I'll bet he'll even help you write it)...

Hint, hint, hint...

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I SMELL a CONSPIRACY
!

Dave

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Wikipedia's always had a harsh stance against "conspiracy related peoples" and events. Many of theyre conspiracy based threads are in a constant threat of deletion. This is just an example of theyre views I guess.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
john had videos removed from youtube and now hes been removed from wikipedia

im thinkin someone somewhere doesnt want what johns opinions to get out..

well maybe

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
here is the original entry for john lear if you would like to add it to tinwiki

i have it copied onto my computer

Aviation background

John Lear, now retired from flying, amassed over 19,000 hours of flight time, and has flown in over 100 different types of airplanes in 60 different countries around the world. He flew both commercially and in missions worldwide for the CIA. John Lear is the only pilot to hold every airman certificate issued by the FAA, and has held many world records [1].

[edit] Early research work

John Lear claims to have always had a slight interest in UFOs. Sometime in the mid-1980s, he read the book Missing Time by Budd Hopkins, a book on alien abduction. This was to become a turning point. From then on John began heavily researching the subject, including tracking down and interviewing many witnesses and individuals involved in the phenomenon. Soon after, in about 1987 or 1988, John Lear began writing and lecturing on the subject.

[edit] Involvement with Bob Lazar and Area 51 / S-4

In the summer of 1988, John met a self-styled nuclear physicist named Bob Lazar, and soon became intimately involved in the Area 51 / S-4 story. It is claimed that Lazar worked at the S-4 test site (approx. 10 miles south of Area 51) from December 1988 to March 1989, where he took part in the back engineering of extraterrestrial craft. During this time Lazar relayed information to Lear about his alleged activities and experiences there.

During this time both Lear and Lazar claim that they were able to acquire a piece of the fuel that powered the craft, Element 115, conducting several experiments that proved the high gravitational attraction and heaviness of the element, among other things. Though, apparently, this evidence was "stolen" back.

Around March 1989 Bob Lazar, John Lear, Gene Huff and others organized several trips into the desert to view test flights from a distance. On one of these excursions, Lear claims to have witnessed a glowing yellow-orange, disc-shaped object that rose above the mountains at Groom Lake while looking through a Celestron telescope. On one of these trips, the group was eventually caught, and shortly thereafter, Bob Lazar ceased working at the test site.

In late 1989 KLAS-TV reporter George Knapp interviewed John Lear, which resulted in Knapp interviewing Bob Lazar and breaking the Area 51 / S-4 story to the public.

[edit] 1990s to Present

In the mid to late '90s, John Lear had a break from UFO research. In November 2003 Lear appeared on the popular Coast to Coast AM radio show to give an interview (first time in a decade) with Art Bell, where he shared his views on UFO Disclosure, among other topics. In March 2004 he appeared in another interview discussing revelations and theories about the moon. Most recently John Lear has become a regular posting member on the conspiracy based discussion forums fantasticforum.com (Coast to Coast AM discussion forum) [2], and AboveTopSecret.com [3] where his Moon Photo Anomalies discussion thread has become very popular.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join