It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear removed from wikipedia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
here , i found his old archive

web.archive.org...://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lear

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

We should investigate who is behind wiki censorship. It seems consistent enough that it may be a concerted effort by some agency. I noticed Michael Tsarion was deleted in a similar way, with one administrator accusing him of being a "self-published" author in spite of having books published by Random House. I certainly won't donate a dime to Wikipedia.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by The Phantom

John Lear goes through phases where it always ends with him totally withdrawing from society and the media and retiring.

But he can't help himself. It is like he NEEDS to bull# about UFO'S and all his other pet-subjects and after a while he starts to creep back into the media.

Then he builds and builds until he realizes he has made a complete ass of himself, can't support any of it and gets tired of being attacked with questions he can't answer....and he retires again.

I am not surprised his wiki page is gone.

It totally fits his pattern

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

However, it appears that John Lear is still very much active in the UFO community. If i understand the article removal policy of wiki correct an article can be removed due to lack of sources which of course is quite common in the conspiracy department, for obvious reasons. I seriously doubt any government agency would put pressure on wiki for the sake of removing John Lear because his theories is too fringe anyway to pick up any steam among the public. The UFO field is already scattered with proven hoaxes rendering any true theory/observation forwarded useless. Promoting an idea that man landed on the moon in 1962 would be completly harmless for the government because very few, if any, would buy into it anyway.

I do however find it a bit puzzling that his entire page is gone and not just a blank. After all, his aviation history would be quite an interesting wiki article in itself.

posted on Mar, 31 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tomra

Well John has passed - AND NOW they restore his Wiki page !!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join