It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAAAAAAA!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by 11Bravo
All Im gonna say about this issue is that certain Mods are slap happy, apparently drunk on their 'psuedo-power'.

That's a bunch of bunk. Mods are people too just like you and me and they have to put up with accusations like this ^ on a daily basis.
I've never seen anyone around here on a power trip and neither have you.
Stop the nonsense.

Take a pill.

Just because you have never experienced a power happy mod does not mean it isnt happening.
I will not go into any detail as that would be unneeded and unsportsmanlike, but when the only 'warnings' and 'fines' one receives comes from a single mod, and friendly U2Us are met with hostility and negativity, what is one to think?
Granted, Mods are people to, and we all have bad days.
I am also not downing all mods, because it has been my friendly exchanges with a few of them that has kept me here at ATS.

I understand where ECK is coming from, and I agree with him.
I dont consider it 'censorship' though.
I dont really care about the BTS points and what not, but I too found it odd that I was accumulating points in areas that I rarely, if ever, post.

No thanks on the pill, Im a natural cures type of guy.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Really? You can get paid for the stuff you do for editing and moderating messages on a message board?

u2u me. I am on my way out the door. I'd be happy to explain this in detail later this evening.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Or you can help.
When you are subject to staff action you don't understand, you should query the mod who took the action, or use the "complaint feature" in the member center, not to be hostile, but to find out what was wrong and how you can accomplish what you want to accomplish within T&C. Maybe if the video contains profanity we'll let you synopsize it and post a link with a disclaimer if you ask. If not and somebody else does it, don't assume it's bias. Point it out to us politely. We don't want the rules broken by one member any more than by another. We could use the extra eyes and constructive voices.

Well, I did this, as I couldn't understand why my thread (mild profanity) was removed, when another (very strong profanity) was allowed to stand - and I also posted a disclaimer in the title saying that there was profanity.

I sent a query, using the complaints part of member centre, but received no response.
I'm not having a moan - this is the first thread I had removed, and I understand why it was done. What I don't understand is how another thread with much worse profanity was allowed.
Maybe it slipped through the net? I wouldn't use the word bias against a mod - I think they do a pretty good job under, I'm sure, quite difficult circumstances sometimes.

If you're thinking I've got a bit of a bee in my bonnet over this, you'd be right - but only insofar as there seems to be a bit of inconsistency in applying the rules equally, across the board.

So now, what I'm thinking, is to find the video again, and then let the mods have a look, and see what can be done

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
In this particular case I'd appreciate it if you just U2U'd a link to the video in question to me, reason being that apparently the last time you referred it via the complaint feature one of several possible problems occurred (mods from the affected forum being out for a bit, coinciding with a more serious issue, etc can sometimes cause things to slip through the cracks).

As for the bee, get yourself a fly swatter. I don't mean to be dismissive and I'll have a look, but a little perspective couldn't hurt. It's not as if any harm came upon you as a result of the second video not being removed.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Like I said, I haven't got the hump, and appreciate all the hard work the mods do - the bee has left me puzzled more than anything.
But I'll u2u it and see what you think.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I can't discuss staff business in detail, but I can tell you that it is very common for us to simply handle a complaint and not respond personally in cases where the reporting member does not have a need to know.

I can also tell you that the complaint you submitted was reviewed by several staff members at the time of the original complaint and that the matter was addressed in an appropriate manner. What was done however, is between the staff and the affected members.

You will soon recieve a U2U explaining the determining factors in the case of your video.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Hey factotum (Vagabond),

My complaint was resolved.

In a very timely manner. DJARUMS (the excellent moderator) jumped on the case.

My only concern is that I want the points we earn here to matter.

I don't normally post in BTS so I don't want my points being credited to that site.

I want my points to go to where I post.

That's reasonable, right?

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Indeed...

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
My complaint was resolved.

So there's no further reason for continuing this discussion.

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join