It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAAAAAAA!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I have points off the charts at BTS. Why? I don't know. I have posted there rarely.

But I am very active at ATS and PTS. I have been since 2003 and everyone here knows it.

And yet, my BTS score far outweighs my PTS or ATS score. I find that very odd.

And when I brought it up here in the help forum, I got LOCKED OUT. Thread shut down. Shuffled off to another forum....

pretty blatant. And rash.

Come on ATS, give me my points in ATS and PTS where they belong.:shk:

They'll probly shut this thread down, too.

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

But I am very active at ATS and PTS. I have been since 2003 and everyone here knows it.

And yet, my BTS score far outweighs my PTS or ATS score. I find that very odd.

Apologies.. I misspoke. My BTS score far outweighs my PTS score. Not ATS.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Your obsession with such a minor issue is silly.

This is not "censorship," it's merely bewilderment over why someone with your experience on our websites is turning the points disbursement into a firebrand cause.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I think they are all drinking tonite.
I had a thread moved by one mod, then deleted by another mod, then I was allowed to re-post it, then another mod moved it, then another mod moved it. All this tonite. Ok who is in charge?

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Different mods make different decisions, I find though all ends up well.
Im curious as to why there's such a -bts score occuring sitewide for various users??

link   
I guess if ECK wants to fight for her point allocation let it be, is her right to complain.

Just be nice people.

link   
SO, it's the heat. we're all a bit nuts. And I speak from experience.

My only question is to the OP. What were you planning on doing with all those points? It's not like you can buy a new Yugo with them.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
SO, it's the heat. we're all a bit nuts. And I speak from experience.

My only question is to the OP. What were you planning on doing with all those points? It's not like you can buy a new Yugo with them.

Thats not the point

I think the neg. bts points are created when you buy stuff. They take a share of all, so if you dont have many bts points it goes neg,

[edit on 10-7-2007 by earth2]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

This is not "censorship," it's merely bewilderment over why someone with your experience on our websites is turning the points disbursement into a firebrand cause.

Um b/c it makes no sense to acquire points for something I did NOT contribute to - when what I did contribute to goes unrecalled?

Don't make me out to be crazy.

Im just pointing out the obvious.:shk:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Maybe because you were given some applause in BTS that went unnoticed by you.
Lots of it!
Or it was simply bank error in your favor

In any case does it justify making a thread about it or would a simple U2U to an Amigo sufficed?

Censorship ... hmmmm, I'm just not seeing it here at ATS, BTS or PTS, sorry.

Bzzzzzzz

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I was EXTREMELY disappointed when the post about some guy getting into a fist fight with a demon was trashed. That was the highlight of my day.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2

I think the neg. bts points are created when you buy stuff. They take a share of all, so if you dont have many bts points it goes neg,

Not necessarily, I was hit with a 20 point penalty for "excessive quoting", a horrible crime which caused my BTS points to fall below zero.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Well 2 Posts of mine got deleted the other day without me getting any notice at all about it

I had posted in the video thread about the The March to Armageddon, i had written that it was a great idea and that the whole video could be viewed at google.

Then after seeing my post deleted i wrote another one in the thtread stating trhat when it comes to money greed knows no bounds and that post got deleted as well.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
is it possible that previous ats threads of yours were moved to pts? that may account for the difference.

it does seem odd that you can't get a straight explanation for why it happened though, even from one of the big boys

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Im curious as to why there's such a -bts score occuring sitewide for various users??

For guys like me at least, from making purchases at the "ATS Store" using combined points.

Not sure about yours though, seems you are really in the hole in regards to your BTS points.

To me, it doesn't matter all that much.

After all, they are truly valueless, except for giving the ability to accesorize your profile.

If you are truly concerned with having negative values, any supermod or admin can fix that and balance it out for you. (as long as you ask nicely, that is)

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I think all the mods are super sexy. That's my story and i'm sticking to it.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Well, I had a thread about US soldiers closed down because there was some profanity in the video link - not really bad profanity, but it had homosexual references and words that are associated with such.

A day later and a post appeared with much worse profanity - not closed down.

Sent a note asking about it and why one should be considered worse than the other - no reply.

Seems like there can be different interpretations of the rules - but why wasn't I given a response to the very polite request I sent regarding the differences between the 2 threads, and why one was deemed acceptable and one not?

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
All Im gonna say about this issue is that certain Mods are slap happy, apparently drunk on their 'psuedo-power'.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Sigh, I kind of have to agree with Skeptic, who cares!!!

But, on a serious matter, I really don't like how SOME, but not all of the new members, are using that point disbursement as a "Rite of Passage" type or a "Firebrand" cause.

I believe they view the point system more as a credibility or respect system, the more points you get, the more credibility and respect you obtain within the Forums.

And while they are right in a sense, I would trust someone with more disbursement points and who's been around longer on the forum. But, they just abuse the system.

I mean, I've been watching some people, who creates like 2-4 threads a day, and on subject matters that was already being talked about. Then create a couple of more the next. It just annoys me, because sometime the subject matter is really really out there, but this is a conspiracy site, but yeah similar to what laiguana said about "the guy having a fist fight with a demon."

I don't know how much points is programmed to give when you create a thread, but I do know that the Forum Staffs do give rewards if your thread or post is intelligent and contribute significantly to the discussion.

So I'm guessing some new members are using the threads as LOTTERY TICKETS, So out of 5 threads they created, of those 5 threads, they're eventually bound to get a reward points for one or more of their replies in those threads.

And theirs no cost-benefit factor, they're not losing anything from creating those thread. And so they go on this thread making fiasco.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by skyblueff0]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Oh, ECK only had a question.

Its not a "Drama Event" its a simple question.

Go on now, move on, nothing to see here.

Sheeeesh.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join