It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After all these years why hasn't at least one alien pilot done an obvious fly-by?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm watching the all-star homerun derby on tv right now which is at AT&T park in San Francisco this year. So I started wondering, out of all the many aliens that have supposedly been flying around Earth, not to mention sightings in populated areas like California even, how could each and every one of them be so ethical as to stick to the "plan" of not revealing themselves to the public?

I don't see why aliens would be that much different than us, in the way that they must have different personalites and as we know here on Earth there is always bound to be some wild cowboy to mess things up. So why hasn't some random rogue ship hovered low above a big sporting event or something big like that? If there are so many aliens here then you might think it would have happened by now... regardless of the government's plans and all of that...

[edit on 9-7-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Because they're not piloted?

PAS (Population Avoidance System)

This is of course tied directly in to the CCAS (Civilian Camera Avoidance System)...

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
You mean they haven't?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Obviously not. If an alien spaceship hovered right above AT&T Park do you know how many cameras would be on that thing? No government could cover that up...

[removed quote of entire previous post]
Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
What about the infamous NASA UFO dogfight videos? I don't think it gets much more
obvious than that!

[removed quote of entire previous post]
Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
After all these years why hasn't at least one alien pilot done an obvious fly-by?

They haven't? There are tons of credible reports of obvious fly-bys. The most recent famous event over a populated area was the Chicago O'Hare UFO sighting from 2006.

Information on the event.

What do you really want ETs to do? Sit around for an hour and wait to be shot down by our earthly militaries? They're not known to do that.

[edit on 9-7-2007 by Frith]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
personally I think they have some kind of deal with our top secret government, that they will do their best to stay away from the yokels if they are offered something say.... a cow to mutilate, or a human to probe. Think of greys like scientists, they just wanna do experiments in peace.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Only a handful of people witnessed the O'Hare UFO. A spaceship shooting down real quick in broad daylight to hover above 50,000 people is totally different. I don't see why some rebellious alien with a spaceship hasn't done it yet... or something similar at least...

And yes, I think they are fast enough to be able to hover for a minute and then just shoot back into space without getting shot at...

[edit on 9-7-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
What about the case in Phoenix AZ.
That was a huge ship that hovered over the place. It blocked out the night sky it was so big. Heaps of people saw it.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Would you not think that alien travel is controlled much like humans on this earth. Why wouldn't alien worlds have the same secrecy about space travel and other planets. Most of the travel may be done by pilots and not by general public of those worlds.

Who knows anyway, because all reasons to your question is an answer.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Amusing how those sighting 'craft' with the landing lights and spotlights think they are alien in origin.

What stealthy alien in its right mind would be using craft with all the lights?

At this point, with UAVs and vectored thrust, it's probably impossible to characterize anything in the sky as a non-terrestrial ship, even based on any odd flight characteristics.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Simple: because they don't want to be seen, not yet anyway.

Besides - they're minds are all connected - a solitary 'pilot' wouldn't be able to execute a maneuver as you suggest independently of the others even if he/she/it had a notion to do so.

IMO - disclosure will be a gradual desensitization process (already underway) designed to minimize alarm among the masses.

Although your idea makes for great drama, Diplomat, the alien/UFO reality will likely unfold with much less fanfare and theatrics.

Just my pennies...

[edit on 7/10/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
maybe they have, but were cloaked, so as to not be seen.

but also, we should ask the question "why would they want to perform a fly-by?" what would be their purpose in doing that? we (the general public) have very little idea what their reason is for being here in the first place...performing aerial fly-bys of populated events may not be on their agenda.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Amusing how those sighting 'craft' with the landing lights and spotlights think they are alien in origin.

What stealthy alien in its right mind would be using craft with all the lights?

At this point, with UAVs and vectored thrust, it's probably impossible to characterize anything in the sky as a non-terrestrial ship, even based on any odd flight characteristics.

It is possible that they have lights for other reasons. one great example is the possibility that that don't communicate the same as us and also don't Perceive things the same . Let me explain, We use our vision to identify with shapes and colors, to understand and explain them. and remember color is light in different specters. But maybe they use light and color to work it out in an equation. They are on a higher level of thinking. There is a man that is from london england named Daniel paul Tammet who is a savant. Look him up on the web. and you will see an example of what i am saying.It is said that he may be the key to a higher way of thinking. What makes him so different is, he can also communicate with people very well. unlike other savants.

But back to the post topic. It Would take a whole new thread to disclose all the reasons why they dont make themselves so well known. The main point in my eyes was already said. They are working with our government and would not be so careless to expose themselves that easily.And it is possible that they only would communicate with people that would help serve there needs.I suppose it all comes down to what you believe. If you think that 2012 is the year that will be The "enlightenment". Then you would have to believe that The aliens are slowly prepping those of us whose brains are open and waiting for it.The people that are closed minded will have to wait for the shock of it to open there minds.Or shall i say knock them out of the shock there in now.Its very complicated, So ive just given you a small example of it.The bottom line is , if they expose themselves to early then that would mess up the time line of the ultimate plan.

These are just my observations that i offer. And in no way am i saying that i have first hand knowledge of anything. and i am always open to friendly debate. thank you.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
A UFO has done at least one " Fly-by" . A Huge black triangle hung over a council estate in Kendal , England and was sighted by over 200 people, some of which i spoke to personally.
At this time , there was multiple Triangle sightings in the region.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think diplomat has made a great point. Most sightings are made by a handful of people, yet not one mass sighting has ever happened. Not even above any sports/music event where thousands would see and capture it on film.

But no, they travel thousands of light years to get here, land in a dark field where there is no one around...... then shoot off again!!

We have not ONE bona fide piece of footage that's not blurry, has great quality, or one that leaves us in no doubt that what we are seeing is the real deal. How the hell is that possible?

A light moving around a dark background is not proof of an alien piloted craft.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Good question OP. Maybe they look at us like we look at our wildlife. We tag them. Observe them, and try not to disturb the natural order of things. Maybe in their vision, we are wildlife to them.

Also it is claimed that UFO's cloak themselves in infrared light which the human eye cannot see. So maybe they do fly-by's, but we just don't see it.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
I think diplomat has made a great point. Most sightings are made by a handful of people, yet not one mass sighting has ever happened.

Please define the exact number of people required to have a 'mass' sighting? Is it 10, 100, 1000 or some other number that you might dream up?

But no, they travel thousands of light years to get here, land in a dark field where there is no one around...... then shoot off again!!

Please quote your source that they do travel thousands of light years to get here? People have also reported them in fields during the day, it's not just a night-time event.

Why do people feel that aliens want to show themselves in a 'mass' sighting, anyway? Guessing their motives in relation to our's is pure speculation.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Everyone here has some interesting theorys and valid arguments. It's hard to really decide on who is right and who is wrong. If you have some time and haven't already followed this thread I insist that you take the time to read the OP's whole post . I found it most enlightening as well as intelectually stimulating

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-7-2007 by highfreq]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomThought
Maybe they look at us like we look at our wildlife. We tag them. Observe them, and try not to disturb the natural order of things. Maybe in their vision, we are wildlife to them.

I understand the wildlife analogy, but I don't think it really holds water since the nature we observe here on Earth isn't intelligent, but the aliens are observing us and we are intelligent.

If we hovered one of our aircrafts over a herd of bison it wouldn't do the same thing as an Alien hovering it's spaceship over the superbowl. Humans are intelligent enough to realize the importance of discovering that they are not alone in the universe, animals here on Earth can't even comprehend such things.

So like I said, I don't know why there aren't rebellious Aliens who are out to cause trouble. I know if my friends and I had a spaceship that could travel to another civilization out there it would probably be fun to be the ones that finally helped that civilization realize that they are not alone in the universe. I guess the only explanations are either they really haven't been here, or each and every single Alien that has been here truly does not want to be seen...

[edit on 11-7-2007 by Diplomat]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join