It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After all these years why hasn't at least one alien pilot done an obvious fly-by?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
To tezzajw. I believe you need exactly 923 people including at least four children under ten, two dogs, preferably cocker spaniels, a chicken or a rooster...

Thanks for your tight definition of what a mass sighting needs. Now, if I read any more of your speculation regarding what a 'mass' sighting should be, I'll know that you don't want to back yourself in a corner to claim what sort of numbers should be involved.

You originally claim that 'most sightings are made by a handful of people'. Please supply the data that confirms this. What about the rest of the sightings that are not made by a handful of people, how many people witnessed them? Were they all solo, or were they 'mass' sightings? You made the claim, so you should have the data available to answer the questions.

You claimed 'yet not one mass sighting has ever happened". There have been a few mass sighting reports posted in this link, if you care to read them. They all dismiss your claim rather abruptly. Facts before specualtion, please.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You guys are missing the point. I was saying what if an actual alien spaceship hovered very low above a huge sporting event in broad daylight. None of the events you guys have come up with even come close to something like that...

Everyone that I even ask if they've heard of the Phoenix Lights says no. I doubt anyone these days knows about the Washington D.C. UFOs. If a UFO hovered above a sporting event during the daytime thousands of people would get footage of it, not to mention the millions watching on television. If you guys are trying to tell me something like that has happened before then you better check again...

[edit on 11-7-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Also, when it comes to the Phoenix Lights case, I think people really did see a black triangle craft fly over, but then the government dropped some flares in the sky to try and cover it up.

Every eyewitness describes the craft as moving across the city, but all of the supposed videos of this event doesn't even look like the craft is moving, it just looks like a bunch of flares that flicker on and off.

So my guess is, yes, people really saw a UFO, but the government also really did drop some flares in the sky that night...

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Let me try to make my original thoughts a bit clearer for those that think all I was asking is whether or not a UFO has done a simple fly-by before.

My main question is, why, out of all these Aliens, has there not been one of them who was rebellious or mallicious and decided to ruin the whole "plan" for everyone? They are obviously smart enough from studying us that they know a huge sporting event would be the ideal place to do it. So why the hell hasn't at least one spaceship done it yet? I dont see how every single Alien can be so loyal and ethical to the plan...

You will also notice I said "obvious" fly-by, not just some regular nighttime sighting. The word obvious is being used very strongly here, as in so damn obvious that no government could cover up the sighting...

[edit on 11-7-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If tezzajw, you actually read my post properly you would see that I said that I believe a mass sighting is above a sports/music event.

Which has never happened.

Your seemingly relentless statistical approach on this forum is tedious at best. You constantly demand facts and figures just because you dont agree with the posters comment. Sometimes, in some threads statistics go out the window because they're aren't any, we're just having a chat about a speculative subject thats all.

Instead of demanding information from people, go and find it yourself if it bothers you that much.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Diplomat, BitDust asks the same question himself more often as the time goes by since he has witnessed his first ufo event.
Look, we humans, are like chimpansees, whilst wallowing in a mud, being objects of an intence study..we don't exactly know it but sense it, in a way. Just like a cat senses when you just look at hers injured leg, she gets nervous.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It has been eye-opening for me to find out the extent to which the government and media can control and cover-up the things that it wants to in order to protect itself--even with all the freedoms of the web. I recommend the book “Into the Buzzsaw”. www.amazon.com... A series of essays on how the media system really works from the Associated Press to CBS News to the New York Times.

"The buzzsaw is what can rip through you when you try to investigate or expose anything this country's large institutions be they corporate or government want kept under wraps."

TWA Flight 800 Missile, CIA’s Drug Dealings, rBST in Milk (Monsanto), Iraq War Atrocities, etc, etc, etc… If the media/government machine can cover this stuff up, I’m pretty sure that there isn’t much that they can’t, including a UFO flying over the Super Bowl, if it was motivated enough.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
People assume one large thing in this debate: that interstellar craft are easy to maintain, operate, fuel, and cheap to produce.

Think of our own planet. Taken as a planetary population, most people cannot afford an automobile, much less a jet aircraft.

Assuming they exist, I'm sure that some aliens would take the "why not" standpoint and expose themselves for all to see. Those in power, however, might not want that, and their military (or civilian scientists) most likely wouldn't break standing orders just for the hell of it.

We also assume that its effortless and easy for them to arrive at earth to study us (or whatever it is they're doing.) If the cost is high to them, in the same way our fuel is costly to us, or in a similar sense) then the only people making the journey would be corporate, government, or scientific expiditions, made up of people who, again, wouldn't violate the standing orders of their government.

And here's another scenario I'm not sure whether I read somewhere or if I just spontaneously pulled from my arse...

A lot of people believe that aliens "seeded" earth, and have monitored its progress. Well, assuming these would be the "benevolent" sort of aliens, they might protect their planetary investments. Terraforming a world, and then seeding it with life would take incredible resources and technology, and any race sufficiently advanced enough to do so would probably take an interest in protecting said planet from any other entrepreneuring *sp* races. This could be why high-profile fly-bys aren't commonplace. Protection from a sufficiently powerful race, which desired earth to have autonomy until we're capable of expanding on our own, is not an entirely unpleasent scenario...

Anyway, just a few pennies thrown on the pile...

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have to reiterate a comment I made in another thread that although it may seem like the air is crowded with UFOs (and by that I guess I mean "real" ones, those with essentially no good explanation and unlikely to be something mundane), they're actually extremely rare and seen by very few people. Couple that with the fact that most people don't spend much time looking up in the sky, day or night, and that automatically makes witnessing a blatant fly-over extremely unlikely.

As for why an alien would be motivated to do one thing over another, either purposely fly over a heavily populated area or avoid it, I think it would be a big mistake to try and project any human motivations on it. I always say one of the biggest blind spots people have about aliens is understanding just how alien and alien could be. Real life is not Star Trek, and there's no reason to think that an alien would reason or perceive anything at all the way we do.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
If tezzajw, you actually read my post properly you would see that I said that I believe a mass sighting is above a sports/music event.

I've seen local sporting events with around 40 players on both sides, a few umpires and around 50 spectators. Does 100 people qualify as a mass sighting for you? I'm still not sure where you draw the line for a sighting, to be a 'mass' sighting, above a sporting event?

Your seemingly relentless statistical approach on this forum is tedious at best. You constantly demand facts and figures just because you dont agree with the posters comment.

Yeah, it's the best way to debunk a dud argument, when the person making the claim can't support it with facts and data. Oh, did I do that to you, did I?

Instead of demanding information from people, go and find it yourself if it bothers you that much.

If people make claims that they can not support with data, then it clearly shows the strength of their claim. The person making the claim needs to do the research to support it with solid data, otherwise we'll have myths being propogated as half-truths and we don't want that, do we?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Here's another scenario for you. Maybe it's easy for interstellar spacecraft to travel to Earth like humans get up and cruise across the floor, down the hall, and to the lew. Maybe aliens don't even have an economy based system and snicker at half-*ssed shaven apes that do.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
For crying out loud tezzajw I NEVER claimed anything! I only said that at a big event with THOUSANDS ok? THOUSANDS of people present(Superbowl, etc) an alien spaceship hasn't been spotted.

Is that so hard for you to understand. Or would you like me to show you what I mean using graphs and pie charts?

ZZzzzz

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
couple of people have said phoenix lights. Those were flares i saw a documentary where they overlaid footage during the day ontop of the lights. Its clear they are flares dropping behind the mountains.

there was another supposed sighting the same day- which if true could be something. But those lights were flares.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Have you never heard of the battle of los angelas? A ufo exposed itself to a huge mass of people, police, and eventually military firearms. Read!

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
Have you never heard of the battle of los angelas? A ufo exposed itself to a huge mass of people, police, and eventually military firearms. Read!

What about it? That was like back in the 40's or 50's and I think there is like one single photograph of a bunch of lights shooting into the sky at little dots. How does that compare to hovering low over a 50,000 people filled stadium in 2007 in broad daylight? Doesn't come close at all. No alien has done an OBVIOUS fly-by, otherwise every human being would know about the event, it would be on the cover of every magazine, newspaper, television show, internet site, etc...

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl

It was never determined exactly what that was. Contemporary reports say it was anything from an errant blimp to as many as 15 unknown aircraft. Radar at the time was pretty haphazard. A lot of what it was was a bunch of jittery guys behind AA guns looking for the Japanese to follow up their attack a week earlier on an oil platform near Santa Barbara.

People were upset.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by SuicideVirus]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Now would that not be "amazing" & then get debunked ? 100's of people do and have spotted strange lights & it will be/was written of ..

Was there not mass sightings before?..i recall years back somewhere in Russia 100's sighted object in daylight (not 100 on area will need to google) & in some S.American cities esp smaller towns people claimed to have been "stalked" by strange lights & the US send some troops out..

Aberdeen ,Scotland 1977 mass sighting & never went public.

Nottingham,Wed 22nd May 1991.

1942 Battle of Los Angeles ..supp 1000's of witnesses but then later said to have been planes and yet again balloon/s..

The Belgium Flap ..

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
You guys bring up some good sightings, but none come close to a daylight sporting event. 100 people in Europe who see a UFO don't have 20 high-tech MLB or NFL video cameras. If a UFO hovered right above a game, not only would the thousands of people get a great look at it, but it would be televised live for everyone else to see and record. How could all of the cameramen resist taping something like that? And if the Aliens have been studying us for so long, then they obviously know about our sporting events and stuff like that. Hell, they can probably see the stadiums sometimes when flying around at night.

The best explanation I have heard so far is that the Aliens who come here are actually pretty rare, and that all of them would most likely be other civilization's astronauts and military or scientists. So it kinda makes sense that none of those guys want to mess up the plan they have going. It's still hard to believe that out of the entire universe there hasn't been one random ship that has purposefully revealed themselves like that.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
i hear you diplomat
there must be a rogue pilot who will break the laws, somewhere

maybe these mass sightings are the best we are going to get at the moment
but yes
i agree with what you are saying
why not hover over a big event and let everybody see and televise the u.f.o.
why doesnt one of them land and meet a few locals and say "hi"
i know there is reports of people saying they had an encounter with an alien who told them "the world is in danger" or whatever, why not land in a small town and let the world know the truth, why not

they can call in with me anytime for a friendly chat, just leave the death rays in the craft

our pilots live on the edge and break the laws, that is why they are good pilots and i find it hard to believe aliens work for a collective so hopefully they all have different personalities, so why dont they break formation and do a slow by-pass or hover over a big crowd of people..
when you think about it, some of our our scientists can even be a little rebellious, so why not an alien, if the laws have got that strict, we might be better off not knowing

spliffy

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
I'm watching the all-star homerun derby on tv right now which is at AT&T park in San Francisco this year. So I started wondering, out of all the many aliens that have supposedly been flying around Earth, not to mention sightings in populated areas like California even, how could each and every one of them be so ethical as to stick to the "plan" of not revealing themselves to the public?

I don't see why aliens would be that much different than us, in the way that they must have different personalites and as we know here on Earth there is always bound to be some wild cowboy to mess things up. So why hasn't some random rogue ship hovered low above a big sporting event or something big like that? If there are so many aliens here then you might think it would have happened by now... regardless of the government's plans and all of that...

[edit on 9-7-2007 by Diplomat]

Hmmm..not sure I follow you here. UFO's have been witnessed and filmed by thousands of people at one time many, many times. Just take a look at the Mexican sightings...there are literally scores of such sightings from all over the world...

J.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join