It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After all these years why hasn't at least one alien pilot done an obvious fly-by?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

Besides - they're minds are all connected - a solitary 'pilot' wouldn't be able to execute a maneuver as you suggest independently of the others even if he/she/it had a notion to do so.

[edit on 7/10/2007 by Outrageo]

We're here struggling to find out if Aliens even exist or not and you claim to know how their brains work? How exactly do you know this? What you are saying sounds possible, but I don't believe that you know that for sure...

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
I guess the only explanations are either they really haven't been here, or each and every single Alien that has been here truly does not want to be seen...

Or they have performed fly-bys here on Earth, but the event is covered up, hushed and denied...?

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I would call the Pheonix Lights an obviously fly by.

I believe they don't want to be too obvious because they know we can be hostile.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Does a UFO fleet flying slowly over the District of Colombia twice in a two week period qualify? This flap was well documented and is easily researched.

Here is an ATS thread dealing with the specifics: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I think you're mistaken.

There's been no shortage of large scale UFO sightings.

But there has been a shortage of large scale UFO news coverage by the main stream media.

Think about how it would sound ..

"In other news another UFO violated Americas air space today..."

It breaks down the control & power Big Brother exercises over us. If we had a common enemy or potential threat it'd ruin all their fun IMHO.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
How about that mass sighting of 1953 of a UFO fleet that buzzed the Capital building in Washington D.C. that was visually seen and radar spotted?! They scrambled fighter jets that could not catch them and the pilots we're pretty much helpless to do anything but just watch superior tech play in our sandbox.

Update: My apologies to AsSeen4Myself as you had posted the same information before I did. I think we we're typing at the same time! Anyways, great minds think alike!

[edit on 11-7-2007 by carnival_of_souls2047]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Humans are intelligent enough to realize the importance of discovering that they are not alone in the universe

Maybe that's just what the aliens are thinking...that if they're too obvious, humans will become obsessed with them. Sort of like the Star Trek's prime directive, wherein they don't want to completely skew our "development." If--all at once and indisputably--all humans knew for certain that aliens were among us, imagine how much that would change human culture overnight! They would indeed be ethical and concerned aliens to not want responsibility for all that potential disruption.

"Those primitive humans...who knows what they'll do next?"

[edit on 7/11/2007 by yuefo]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Interesting views OP

With all the so called "different Alien species", (some nice, some not so nice), I would think a more obvious fly-by would of taken place by now by either type. I would do a nice casual, slow, "fly-by" across the entire planet if I was an Alien species discovering earth. Why? More like why not? If I were visiting another planet and had an aircraft that could withstand/reflect the inhabitants of that planets weaponry and wasn't afraid of that planets communications sent to me warning me to back off while on approach, Id certainly make my presence known, especially if I knew I was a superior being with superior technology and knowledge. If I was one of the "nice ones" doing studies Id add in my research mans reactions to my fly-by. If I was "not so nice" id probably destroy a little something in a show of dominance.

It's like man today, we go into different habitats and study animals in plain sight. Do we creep around on tip toes trying to not be seen wearing constant camouflage every where we go to do our studies so no other living creatures on earth are disturb by our presence? No. We are advanced, we are the Superior beings on earth. I don't think theres one single type of creature on earth that hasn't seen a man before in full unobstructed view (excluding those we haven't discovered yet of course). Man has touched, dissected, and caged every living creature it finds on earth and with out fear of being seen. So if your an Alien why hide from the masses? What is the worry? I'm sure they have their reasons.

I recently and finally had the chance to watch the War of the Worlds movie with Tom Cruise in it and just look at those Aliens for example. They came and started to do what ever they wanted, snatching up people, destroying things and not caring one bit about what man had for weaponry. They had technology unmatched by us and did as they pleased easily. Some day earth wont stay as lucky as it has been. Some day an "Alien species" will do a major fly-by and the best man can ever do is hope they are "the nice ones" when it happens.

IMO,
Bzzzzzzz

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Are you serious?

This is almost laughable, its a PROVEN fact that upwards of 1,000,000 people have viewed 'flybys' by UFO.

Not to go too deeply into it watch the Black box ufo video, the one about pilots and what they have seen. Google 'x-con' & 'jaime maussan' as well and look at the mass sightings in mexico year in year out.

One other point would be two previous posters mentioned the washington flap, there was another one recently with airforce jet scrambled and its on radar. That would seem to be making a statement would it not.

Is your point that this is only real if the UFO lands on the whitehouse lawn in front of the so called free press?

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
i am pretty sure the reason of government's silence is very simple:they (gov) dont know what the ufo's are ,what's their intention and so on.
If thee governemtn would come out to say "hey people there are aliens visiting earth but we have no idea about who the hell they are",how the pubic would react?PANIC!!
and this is the reason of the cover-up. (admiting the aliens are indeed here).
I think there is no any agreement between the gov and the aliens.

And the answer to your question is that aliens just want us to know they're here,slowly slowly the earth population is becoming aware that we are not alone in the universe.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by umbracode]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I don’t think for one moment that American government or any other earth government, have made some kind of deals with an outside earth civilization. I think U.S.A government have stolen some technology from ETs and have a hard time to reverse the engineering so they can apply it to they every day world affair.
I also don’t think that ETs will show up very soon, as still the world is not yet ready for a direct contact. Deep inside, the majority of people have an apprehension of advance being. This fear is also shown here on earth between us (east, west-north, south). That we know because we can study our selves.
If we have to believe in ETs; then we will have to assume that great advance civilization from outer-space would have gone threw similar evolution then our own and to have achieved it with out blowing them self out. Most probably this achievement has been possible because of no interference from any other advance civilization.
From this outlook, you can see that direct contact with other being will mean change of our free will evolution status.
If we cant over come our differences and petty disagreement, then our evolution is doom to extinction. This will be the final proof that human are not a choosing being but are just like any other organism.
I don’t know how important our planet is to the rest of the galaxy or the universe, but what I do know is that our planet has seen worst damaged then what human now is inflecting. So the theory about ETs will show up if we don’t take care about our planet or our self is ludicrous. The problem with us is that we put too much importance is our self then any other earthling.
It is a fact that some thing is going on in the world, you cant ignore all the report about UFO.
How can any one answer the question about UFO, when all we have is distorted fact that by number show a distinct paten of extra terrestrial interference.
We can only speculate until further data.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Our gov't possesses these unbelievable technologies that we are calling UFO's. I'm talking about the ones we've seen that are obviously man-made like black and grey triangles for example... but they of course come in other shapes too.
There are those of us here who have seen these crafts flying up there and I'm not talking about just dots in the sky either..
They show up every now and then in public to let other country's around the world know that the US has these advanced technologies and to remind them of that. All other gov't's out there know this... none think they are from other planets, at least not at the top levels.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Pure speculation on my part of course, but perhaps because they're not dumb domesticated primates driven by ego?

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Maybe because UFO pilots, if they exists, don't know what would be obvious to us? Or don't care?

That said, there have been mass sightings. David Biedny recently detailed one that he and his brother participated in on the Paracast. His brother appeared to confirm the story. As far as I know, it hasn't been debunked. In all these cases, there are hordes of non-reporting witnesses.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
To tezzajw. I believe you need exactly 923 people including at least four children under ten, two dogs, preferably cocker spaniels, a chicken or a rooster, and although its not written in stone, people with a mullet hairstyle have to turn away and not look at it. Don't know why.

Is that pedantic enough for you?

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I'm watching the all-star homerun derby on tv right now which is at AT&T park in San Francisco this year. So I started wondering, out of all the many aliens that have supposedly been flying around Earth, not to mention sightings in populated areas like California even, how could each and every one of them be so ethical as to stick to the "plan" of not revealing themselves to the public?

I don't see why aliens would be that much different than us, in the way that they must have different personalites and as we know here on Earth there is always bound to be some wild cowboy to mess things up. So why hasn't some random rogue ship hovered low above a big sporting event or something big like that? If there are so many aliens here then you might think it would have happened by now... regardless of the government's plans and all of that...

[edit on 9-7-2007 by Diplomat]

I'm not going to fall one way or the other on the issue, but aliens' minds can be VASTLY different than humans (assuming they exist). You ever seen a rogue ant? How about a rogue termite? a "wild cowboy" bee? If they have a "hive mind", they may just stick to what they are supposed to be doing.

My personal take, again ASSUMING they exist, is that the governments, in their quest to maintain power of their people, have told them that mass panic, murder, and suicide will be the results of the revelation of the alien's existence.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Some similar fact had already happened in Florence, Italy in the 50's.

There had been days of daylight sightings.

The case is well documented (almost here in Italy): the topic fact took place on a sunday, when an entire "ufo-squadron" (i think something like the mexican ones) made a fly-by over a stadium full of people, during a top soccer match. Here's an Italian piece translated.

-----------

UFO at the stadium

27 October 1954, around to the 2:20pm, the skies of Florence are covered from numerous flying objects of color white and shape "of gull wings" (second other witnesses, to shape of "hat from Chinese Mandarin"). After the passage of the objects it comes down from the high, like snowing, a species of glass-like delicate cotton fibre, whose ribbons are melted as soon as they touch the ground. In the city's stadium is playing Fiorentina - Pistoiese, a soccer match. Spectators of the two teams, dumbfound, raise the eyes to the sky and indicate the evolutions of two mysterious flying globes. The game comes interrupted; witness of the event is also Ferruccio Valcareggi, trainer of the Fiorentina and future coach of the Italian national scoccer team. An university student young person, Alfredo Jacopozzi, recover, putting it in one test-tube, a filament of the substance fallen from the sky. Analyzed near the Institute of Chemical Analytics of the University of Florence, it will turn out composed in prevalence from boron, silicon, calcium and magnesium. In the following days the phenomenon is repeated in various cities, above all of Italy centers them, from Rome to Perugia, Civitavecchia to Lucca.

Source: Roberto Malini, UFO the Enciclopedico Dictionary, Joints Publisher, Florence 2003

--------

There was also a third type encounter.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I don't understand this question:

"Why aren't they doing public flybys?"

Check this out. (Phoenix lights, witnessed by 10,000 people.)

or this one..... (DC Capitol UFO Flyover, witness by at least 1000 people)

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Since nighttime isn't too terribly obvious, what we really need is for a 1000 yard long craft (that obviously wouldn't do too well in a windtunnel test) to glide very slowly and deliberately between the New York's CNN center and the Statue of Liberty and/or the Empire State building for a period of 48 hours with a nice shield so no damage can come to it from earth based weapons.

That should do the trick

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Jaguar-
I would call the Pheonix Lights an obviously fly by.

I believe they don't want to be too obvious because they know we can be hostile.

The Phoenix Lights videos have been conclusively shown to have been flares dropped by military aircraft. Even Bruce Macabee concluded this. A mass UFO sighting it is not.

Open a new thread if you have some new evidence to the contrary, but I think it's highly improbable...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join