It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda fanatics working in police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Issuing FPN's is not the same as working with the Police. All the Wardens will be doing is issuing fines for blatant environmental crimes, such as fly tipping for example, or reporting anti-social behaviour.

In Reading, my town, we have Street Wardens as well as Traffic ones. They are just normal people who wander about in big, red jackets, reassuring the public that there is someone who would help and if necessary, they'll call in the Police.

Doesn't mean they have any "real" powers, just the power to issue fines. They still report to the council, or if necessary, the Police.

Again, that does not mean they work with police, but just report crimes, the same as any responsible citizen would/should.

Back to the original point you raised, they don't have any more access to police stations than you or I, so are not a security risk. Unless of course Al Qaeda's latest strategy is to bankrupt the nation with massive amounts of Parking tickets

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
All the Wardens will be doing is issuing fines for blatant environmental crimes, such as fly tipping for example, or reporting anti-social behaviour.

Not according to the article I just linked it clearly states

Wardens will be given training in how to deal with conflict situations and their job description and pay structure will be reviewed.

Linky again

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Training them to deal with conflict situations is not environmental where I come from and assume it is the same over there

[edit on 7/8/2007 by shots]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Dude, the training for the "conflict situations" is not for intervening in brawls etc, but rather so they don't get their heads kicked in like this poor sod:

news.bbc.co.uk...

A traffic warden has been left in a critical condition after being attacked while on duty.

The man was kicked and hit on the head with a crash helmet in Chatham Road, Battersea, south-west London, on Wednesday afternoon.

The warden, is his late 30s, was airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries, the Metropolitan Police said.

A man, believed to be in his early 20s, has been arrested in connection with the assault.

I read in other articles about this incident that it began when he ticketed a 4x4 outside a pub where a wake was being held for a soldier killed in Iraq.

EDIT: this is the training they are on about:

Linky

Just take a moment and think of all the times you have seen a situation of conflict – on the way to work? on the bus? the train? or even whilst out shopping. The truth is, we don’t have to go very far nowadays to witness such situations. The traffic warden issuing a ticket to the irate motorist; the bus driver dealing with passengers on an overcrowded bus; or the doctors and nurses trying to treat a disruptive patient.

[edit on 8/7/07 by stumason]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Dude, the training for the "conflict situations" is not for intervening in brawls etc, but rather so they don't get their heads kicked in like this poor sod:

Now that is real odd just a few minutes ago you said they would be issueng evironmental tickets yet you bring up traffic wardens????

All the Wardens will be doing is issuing fines for blatant environmental crimes, such as fly tipping for example, or reporting anti-social behaviour.

Can you please make up your mind. Better yet has it ever occured to you that the job descriptions might vary from one area to another???

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
What are you on about?

Don't see any contradiction there shots, care to point it out for me?

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   

What are you on about?

Don't see any contradiction there shots, care to point it out for me?

No just pointing out that in different areas they do things different.

you say they are out soucred yet in Mansfield the police issue tickets or so this article sates

Linkiy

Now I am sure they have since rectified the situation. Again all I am doing is pointing out the differances. Frankly I could care less it just seems like a hell of a way to run a railroad as they say only in this case police department.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Now that is real odd just a few minutes ago you said they would be issueng evironmental tickets yet you bring up traffic wardens????

You brought up traffic wardens, hence this big discussion.... the FPN's they will issue will be for minor crimes, such as environmental etc that the Police can't be arsed with.

Can you please make up your mind. Better yet has it ever occured to you that the job descriptions might vary from one area to another???

Well of course, but they'll be mostly the same, due to the Law. In most area's, Traffic wardens just issue parking tickets and have naff all to do with the Police.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

No just pointing out that in different areas they do things different.

you say they are out soucred yet in Mansfield the police issue tickets or so this article sates

Linkiy

Now I am sure they have since rectified the situation. Again all I am doing is pointing out the differances. Frankly I could care less it just seems like a hell of a way to run a railroad as they say only in this case police department.

That link is 2 years old and states:

A town is without any traffic wardens after police withdrew officers a year ahead of national changes.

Notts Police has not renewed the contracts of Mansfield's nine wardens, but local authorities do not take over traffic enforcement until next year.

Emphasis mine.

EDIT: So now, in Mansfield as all over the country, Traffic wardens are outsourced, private employees who do not have connection to the Police.

Ergo, they are not a security risk.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Traffic wardens just issue parking tickets and have naff all to do with the Police.

Realy????? If that is the case then why is one of their assinged duties to look for stolen cars and report them to police? That is a police function yet also one of their dutties. See what I mean things differ from area to area.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Ok, right..Lets start again...

You said allowing such people as the one you pointed out to be traffic wardens would be a security risk because of their access to Police stations.

They do not have access.

What you pointing out with the "reporting to police" is the same responsibilities that any concerned citizen would have. They would pick up the phone and call them.

They don't pose a security risk because they do not have access to the Police, other than a reporting line.

Understand?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

They do not have access.

They have to get some kind of access because as I pointed out they are also told to watch for stolen vehicles it is in their job description.. Some have even been given awards Alan Siggery alerted police after spotting a suspected stolen car in Uppingham Road, Leicester.

Now admittedly I have no Idea how they get their list of stolen and wanted vehicles, but I would assume they are handed out (or in this case delivered) and again assuming they do it the same as it is done here the list would contain a description and short reason next to it. I.e. Wanted in connection with robbery or perhaps wanted in connection with possible terrorist attack.

Now if the later applies here and a traffic warden who is a known member of AQ sees it flagged as suspect terrorists what would you do if you were him if you knew AQ had stolen it or perhaps he spotted it by one of their known membners homes that he knows. Again assuming my guess is he would Call AQ and tell them hey watch out that BMW you stole is on the hot sheet as wanted.

Now, the above explains where I am coming from regarding this one individual, but what about the other eight mentioned in the original who are not traffic wardens?

Are you saying they have isolated them from all other officers and assuming they do not attend a daily briefing as most police officers?

See where I coming from now? Even the traffic warden was a convicted felon and a non citizen yet he was allowed back into the country and I ask why?

It would appear that the UK just like the US has some holes in its system that need fixing if you ask me..

[edit on 7/9/2007 by shots]

[edit on 7/9/2007 by shots]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I would have thought that they would have cracked down on letting suspicious people into positions of authority, after the recent bomb attempts were discovered to be connected to NHS doctors. Surely someone in the police force that actually does have connections to AQ is going to be very dangerous.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Shots, I do see where your coming from in that highly specific example you cited. You did, however, start off by assuming Traffic wardens had free access to Police Stations, hence the 2 page back and forth we had.

Are you saying they have isolated them from all other officers and assuming they do not attend a daily briefing as most police officers?

They will not attend a Police briefing as they are not Police. It would be akin to having the roadsweepers attend a Traffic Cops briefing....

It would appear that the UK just like the US has some holes in its system that need fixing if you ask me..

Your telling me! holes isn't the word for it. But still, we needn't fear Traffic wardens...

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I see from this very vibrant exchange between shots and stumason that there is some confusion as to what these 8 people really do. I would refer you to the original article I posted, stumason. In it, it says nothing about "traffic wardens" but identifies the unnamed individuals as "police officers."
I understand your views, stumason, that those that go around and give parking tickets are not full-fledged officers, but here in my city (in the US) they are still employees of the city and I think that these folks would definitely be a liability if they were found to have ties to a terrorist organization or, at the very least, sympathized with them.

I think this is what shots was trying to convey; that these people, while possibly not having police powers, might still pose as a risk to the security of the locale that they live/work in.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
has anyone ever considered that the police may already have known about these 8 and have been monitoring them secretly to see what they get up to (ie phone calls, computer use, police checks into people etc). what better way to fish for information on unknown potential terrorists they may be in contact with or covering for.

they may also have been working undercover when they went to the training camps.

or it could be a scare story to make the police paranoid about any non-white co-worker.

if they really were dodgy terrorist types then they wouldn't be allowed unchecked to do the job they did without a good reason and we would be the last to know what that reason was.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Shots

please stop arguing - the traffic wardens as we know them are near enough `phased out` - the ones you see wearing red (or blue) work to the NCP with a contract with the council to enforce on street parking regulations - they even ticket policecars ; they have the same `legal powers` and those paid community isupport idiots - eg NONE.

they do not carry a royal warrent (warrent card) and cannot arrest you (traffic wardens for the polce can) .

old police based traffic warden

www.thamesvalley.police.uk...

new total ******

www.oldhamadvertiser.co.uk...$plit/C_58_Articles_177838_Body_Web_ArticleBlock_0_Image.jpg

they work for the ncp - and you`ll see more and more of them on the streets - my local council are fighting to keep the poilce ones as the necp people arn`t exactly people friendly.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   

They will not attend a Police briefing as they are not Police. It would be akin to having the roadsweepers attend a Traffic Cops briefing....

I think you got gonfused when you answered the last Answer.

I was talking abut issolating the other 8 who are police officers not traffic wardens.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
the traffic wardens as we know them are near enough `phased out` -

Not relevant at all and my point still stands. Even if they are not assigned to the police directly they do watch for stolen cars thus get hot sheets issued for cars the police are watching for.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by scooler1
I see from this very vibrant exchange between shots and stumason that there is some confusion as to what these 8 people really do. I would refer you to the original article I posted, stumason. In it, it says nothing about "traffic wardens" but identifies the unnamed individuals as "police officers."
I understand your views, stumason, that those that go around and give parking tickets are not full-fledged officers, but here in my city (in the US) they are still employees of the city and I think that these folks would definitely be a liability if they were found to have ties to a terrorist organization or, at the very least, sympathized with them.

I think this is what shots was trying to convey; that these people, while possibly not having police powers, might still pose as a risk to the security of the locale that they live/work in.

Not confused. If you re-read my exchange, it it is clear I was disputing information conveyed about Traffic Wardens. I have commented on the original article too.

It has become confusing though. As shots last comment shows, he went back to the original article about Police and I didn't realise the convo had changed tack again! My bad

Enough about Trafic wardens then?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join