It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Questions for "Ghost Hunters" Jason and Grant?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
Brian Harnois, I'm so glad he's off the show.

I'm surprised! Did I miss something? I thought he came back. Someone tell me what happened. Was his leaving televised??

I just checked the taps members list and you are right .. he's gone. (and Tango has been promoted to investigator instead of 'in training')

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Brian Harnois, I'm so glad he's off the show.

I'm surprised! Did I miss something? I thought he came back. Someone tell me what happened. Was his leaving televised??

I'd get so mad watching him. Brian was the type of drama queen blowhard that made watching the show sometimes very painful at best, and ruined the credibility of otherwise legitimate investigators at worst.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

ruined the credibility of otherwise legitimate investigators at worst.

I agree. The first few seasons he definately did. But this past year he seemed okay. More grown up (he has a new baby daughter btw). He seemed to be doing fine this past season. I went to the TAPS website and they said they aren't discussing him and that they will only say he has left the show.

Guess you can't ask about Brian with Jason and Grant.

Perhaps that's why they are running the contest for a new Taps member.

Tango is an excellent addition. He's doing great.
Another Tango would be fantastic.
Perhaps YOU are the next Tango, thelibra!?!

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Perhaps YOU are the next Tango, thelibra!?!

NO WAY! First of all, he can't be away for extended periods what with his own family addition and all, plus, we need him here.

Period.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Interesting questions.

Wouldn't it be neat if they had their own site and a bulletinboard where most of these questions have been asked?

They should call it 'T.A.P.S.', like, you know, The Atlantic Paranormal Society and stuff, like this:

www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com...

Just don't post anything about Brian leaving the group (again).

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
LOL. The compliment is appreciated, but I defintely couldn't try out for TAPS. My roots are firmly embedded in Texas, for better or worse. Plus, to be honest, there's a LOT of members on ATS more qualified for the position than me. I'm a fan and potential interviewer at best.

Good to know not to ask them about Brian. They're probably either not answering questions about him for reasons of libel or perhaps even good old fashioned "good taste".

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I have no idea why Brian is out of the group this time, just read a post by one of the Mods not to ask or your message would be deleted.

It's a shame because he lended a lot of the 'human' quality to the show, not to mention the humor, intended or not.

Of course, the show is not the group and they have to do what's best.

I get the feeling that this time, he won't be back.

The only other question that they won't answer is what their personal experiences were that caused Jason and Grant to start the group. They plan to keep that to themselves. So don't bother asking.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Text I'd like to see them bring a dog to see if correlation exists between dogs senses and FLIR/Pressure changes/temp changes/EVPs ect..

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
Text I'd like to see them bring a dog to see if correlation exists between dogs senses and FLIR/Pressure changes/temp changes/EVPs ect..

Good call...always wondered what would happen if they brought in animals to measure their reactions during these events.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I am a recent fan of Ghost Hunters, and, like other people, I too think that whether or not they're for real they've brought credit to the field.

I also would like to hear if they've ever been pushed to stage things on the show, and if they ever have actually staged something. Though its likely the answer is going to be 'No', because if they don't stage things then they'll tell the truth, but if they do then they'll lie to keep the ratings up.

I would also like to hear their favorite investigations, and which ones had the most paranormal activity.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
One question...

Why do they always act so "spooked" when they find something? Seems if your doing this for a living you would expect to find the things your looking for so why the scared look?

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
One question...

Why do they always act so "spooked" when they find something? Seems if your doing this for a living you would expect to find the things your looking for so why the scared look?

Amen!!! This is one of the few things that raised a red flag for me that this show was faked.. You remeber the song ghostbusters? WE aint afriad of no ghosts!!!

Even on my little travles to haunted houses, graveyards, I never get spooked by anything. If I see something Im going right to it, not running away screaming for ratings!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
i actually have a decent question

I'm a big fan of this show and live about a half hour away from Taps Headquarters

I often wonder some of the locations of the investigations are just to garner popularity or more tourism due to fact that Ghost Hunters is now a popular television series

Do they ever feel that some places are only trying to use the show as a platform to advertise their business?

thanks!

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
One question...

Wouldnt look as good for the final cut. These guys are believers that dont understand what they are finding. They overreact and i will go as far to say that they make things up for the benefit of the Cameras. They have mainly totally copied what they do from previous recorded investigations of other TV programs.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Omg, Ghost Hunters is my favorite show ever. Okay, I have a few questions.

(Sorry if they've already been asked)

1. How did you get interested in the paranormal? Was it one incident that happened to you that made you become interested?
2. Do you do autographs through mail? I'm really interested in getting an autograph from one of you guys!!!
3. How do you deal with criticism from watchers and scientists? What scientific support do you have for the paranormality you experience?
4. Have you ever been to a place so scary that you've considered leaving?
5. Could you do me a favor and tell Steve Gonsalves that Katt is his biggest fan in the whole world and that if he could get back to her, she'd die and become a spirit that would haunt a place just so she could see him?

Ok thanks.

[edit on 7-7-2007 by Paresthesia]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Oh that shows awesome. It's set out in a professional and scientific way, so you know if something happened, it's REALLY happened, no bs or fakery.

The series has hinted on barry, i think it was barry, his past...experience that set him off on all of this. He never wants to elaborate on it though.
It's so mysterious, I wish you could get him to talk about it a little more. Probably not though.

One suggestion for them.... try to leave the bitchiness and drama out of the show. I don't think theres any need for it really.

A question I might ask is: Have any of them ever had repercussions from a place they've visited. Such as ghost following them, visiting them in a dream or their home etc.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyyuulle
I often wonder some of the locations of the investigations are just to garner popularity or more tourism due to fact that Ghost Hunters is now a popular television series

Do they ever feel that some places are only trying to use the show as a platform to advertise their business?

I remember on one investigation they said something about that and it happens. One time they went to a house and the dude set up speakers in his walls and were playing sounds. Once they found the speakers they left. I can't remember if it was for the show or not. I think they were talking about the Lizzy Border house episode. But I'm not 100% sure.

[edit on 8-7-2007 by sandman441]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by T0by
Oh that shows awesome. It's set out in a professional and scientific way, so you know if something happened, it's REALLY happened, no bs or fakery.

That's a bit naive, I think. There have been several shows where someone (not necessarily TAPS) has set up something. After all, it's a show about ghosts - you can't very well have too many shows where nothing paranormal happens. Even if you believe in ghosts, they're a rare phenomena.

One suggestion for them.... try to leave the bitchiness and drama out of the show. I don't think theres any need for it really.

Well some of the time the drama makes the show a bit more interesting, though it can be carried on too far.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Yeah abit is fine, but damn....sometimes it's just 20 minutes of bitching!

It may be naive, but that's the impression they've given me.
I'm sure they do alot more trips than what's shown on the series.
Sometimes they even have so little, that they have to show the ones where they dont find anything ( Which is quite often )

But that's what makes the episodes where things do happen, all that more interesting.

I would challenge anyone who says that they've faked anything on the show..
It would have been VERY easy to just ignore the fact someone tampered with the camera on that ship, to make it appear as if the bed had been made. And it would have been awesome. But alas, they found the truth and they showed it in great detail.
So i respect them, and would encourage anyone to show me any fakery they've done. It would be a good learning experience for me.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Here's what prompts me to suspect that some things have been 'set up'.

They have a sighting, such as the one in the Lighthouse or they see something on the Infra-red camera - definitely a shape that's animated, moving and or alive. Now for a -real- ghost hunter, to find anything, and I mean anything on an outing where there should be no people - a completely deserted building, would be nearly earth-shattering.

But many times Grant and Jason just shrug it off.

IOW, real ghost hunters know by experience that the job entails spending hours and hours and many, many investigations where you seen nothing. It's gotta be mind-numbing. I mean people go their whole 'careers' in the paranormal field and never see anything as substantial.

Bigfoot hunters go for decades, wandering the woods in the rain, all on a single footprint they once saw. But Jason and Grant shrug it off and don't even feel they can tell the persons involved that they think the place is haunted.

C'mon. If they really saw what they say with no doubts, then you can be sure they'd be wetting their pants.

So, although I don't think that the TAPS crew overtly fakes anything, they must suspect that the crew or the producers are taking some license. Like I said a -real- show about people going years and seeing nothing wouldn't sell. The producers know they've gotta have at least three 'shocking' things happen per show.

Anyway, that's my take.

(Now, having said that, I think that the old show that used to be on OLN - Mysterious Encounters, with Autumn Williams did a good job of doing a paranormal show where nothing really happens, but the show did well as almost a spoof, and of course on Autumn's personality and looks...not to mention her nose. LOL)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join