It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Questions for "Ghost Hunters" Jason and Grant?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tombstone
For whatever questions you ask them, you'll get stiff, predictable, generic, unenlightening answers.

On what do you base this assumption?

I'd hardly call this interview "stiff, predictable, generic, and unenlightening". What are you wanting from them? Solid answers about the afterlife and the nature of phantoms? Have you ever known anyone who could give an absolute on those that wasn't either selling religion or BS?

The guys are dips and I found it interesting that you could get so worked up and excited about interviewing them. To each their own

I'm terribly sorry, but Paris Hilton and Posh Spice were booked. Or would you rather I'd have interviewed the lady who dresses in all black and silver costume jewelry and "channels" spirits?

By all means, if you can find celebrities you like better, and get them to agree to interviews, then arrange a time and the contact info, and I'll happily interview them for you and put it in podcast here on ATS. Seriously, if you don't like the guests, then step up to the plate and be a part of the solution.

But for the purposes of this interview, it's Jason and Grant from Ghost Hunters, and I'm rather happy to have the opportunity.

Originally posted by yeahright
Also the Henson muppet studios. It was a pretty good one.

Aw man, I wish I'd seen it. I grew up on muppets. I'd love to see a posessed Kermit's head spin around and spit pea soup at the camera.

But now in checking the TAPS website, Brian isn't listed. So yeah, internal drama I'm sure.

To be sure. I know that a lot of shows are broadcast out of sequence with the time that they were filmed. Remember, everything they're broadcasting now would have been filmed last year or very early this year. So it's possible they dump Brian in the next season or late this current season as well.

I think it'll be great talking to Jason & Grant. They seem like a couple of regular guys it would be fun to have a beer with. None of that over the top histrionics employed by similar shows.

I agree. I can't stand that knock-off show where the 50-year old fat goth lady goes into place and channels... "I sense a child, who is not a child...ooOOoOOOooOOoo..."

Jason and Grant seem fairly down to Earth as far as paranormal investigators go.

Originally posted by Badge01
Be interesting to know if they'd heard about ATS before you contacted them.

That's actually one of the interview questions.

Originally posted by Badge01
As far as the show goes, I find it enjoyable, and like the players, but I am struck by the comments in Wiki about their using electronics to 'detect' hauntings.

Pseudoscience comments are, IMO, really hypocritical of the scientific community.

For one, There are very, very few scientists willing to risk their credibility by investigating paranormal phenomenae. It would be a career-ending move for a physicist to suddenly start visiting "haunted houses" and study any metaphysical properties. Even if he was using all the most technologically advanced equipment, with a whole team of PhD's, and using exacting scientific methods, they would soon find themselves the laughing stock of the scientific world and be accused of pseudoscience themselves.

Second, many current tools of science are evolutions and incarnations of other tools used to discover something new, or observations of how something in particular was affected during a "non strictly scientific use".

Third, I think one of the reasons we've had so little "new" discoveries and instead had more focus on "refinement of existing knowledge", is because the scientific establishment is so unwilling to attempt or accept "wild science". As in, "let's just see what happens when we do this," and when they do, there is typically an uproar about it.

Lastly, most current science had its roots in pseudoscience. Neurosciences, at one time, had roots in phrenology. While phrenology is now a laughable parody of science, what was discovered in the process of its mistakes grew into real science. But first it took someone to say "What if I just duplicated those bumps on that skull, on to this skull, with a hammer?"

So, while I certainly wouldn't want to stake my life on pseudoscience, I don't consider it nearly as much of a bad word as others.

Originally posted by Arawn
I think they do a wonderfull job with the tools they are given and on offer to them. It's all out of their back pocket and basically a side project in conjunction with their real plumbing job.

Arawn raises a really good point. Grant and Jason don't have millions of dollars to sink into equipment and additional costs in the thousands to transport the delicate instruments safely from place to place. One makes do with what they have, or what they can obtain. Anyone on ATS who's been in the military can attest to the great non-regulation uses for c-rats.

Originally posted by testrat
The K-2 Meter was a useful tool in their Manson investigation. I wouldn't be surprised if that is their next gadget that they will get.

Thanks for the link. That's a rather interesting sounding tool. It allegedly has the ability to communicate with ghosts as well. Very interesting. Dunno about its veracity, but very interesting. I might have to ask them about it if they aren't using it already.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Leave us not forget, we owe Brian Harnois for the one iconic line uttered during a "Ghost Hunters" episode -

"Dude, run!"

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Leave us not forget, we owe Brian Harnois for the one iconic line uttered during a "Ghost Hunters" episode -

"Dude, run!"

I remember that one. That was a bad day for Brian and TAPS as a whole.

I can't wait for you to get that interview done Libra, I'm anxious to hear their answers myself.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
I'd hardly call this interview "stiff, predictable, generic, and unenlightening".

You just proved my point and don't even realize it. Kindly point out one single thing in that interview that ISN'T stiff, predictable, generic and unenlightening. That's precisely the type of unimpressive crap they'll give to anyone that interviews them. You could find better interview subjects here on the forum, heck you could probably provide a better interview yourself than what you'll get from the TAPS guys.

Apparently you find what they say to be totally absorbing though for whatever reason, I'm sure they could discuss the weather and you'd be completely mesmerized and hanging on every word. It's obvious that you're just hyped up to be interviewing someone famous from TV, be sure you ask for autographed pictures

Nothing is written in stone though, maybe I'll read your interview with them and be impressed somehow. But I doubt it...

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Apparently you find what they say to be totally absorbing though for whatever reason, I'm sure they could discuss the weather and you'd be completely mesmerized and hanging on every word. It's obvious that you're just hyped up to be interviewing someone famous from TV, be sure you ask for autographed pictures

Dude, who whizzed in your Wheaties? It's a popular show. The subject matter of the show ties into the subject matter on the forum. Many people on the forum watch the show and enjoy it. The Libra has been granted an interview for a podcast. We're interested. Is that so hard to grasp?

Aren't there some kids at an ice cream truck you could go push down or something?

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Aren't there some kids at an ice cream truck you could go push down or something?

Wow that hurt, it'll take me a few days to think of a suitable comeback for that

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Questions for Jason & Grant (Ghost Hunters):

They both used to say that they'd had personal experiences with entities of some kind, but never revealed these experiences. Would they be willing to tell their stories?

Love the show!

Chgowriter

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I guess I can understand how someone might find bunch of people wandering in the dark with "interesting" measuring equipment showing "interesting" measurements.

The thing that I find most interesting on the whole show is how every single time they actually capture "something" on their tapes the quality of the tape is mysteriously alot worse than before or after taken from the same place with the same camera. Those "entities" must have some leet camera haxoring skills as they seem to be able to not only use the pause button on the cameras or edit the recorded feed to create some wicked looking camera tricks, they are also able to lower the quality of the picture so you cant make out what you are looking at compared to any other footage from the same point before or after.

The funniest part is that they tell us how they spent time and money to "enchance" the image even though the original has already been clearly tampered with to lower the quality in the first place in the cases where they have captured an "entity" on the film.

And no im not much of a fan of these scripted "reality-shows" in general. I mainly watch it to see what ghostly stuff they have managed to come up with on their episode this time. Might be cool if they did manage to catch something remotely interesting besides some weird sounding EVPs which are the hardest to dismiss and the easiest to fake.

Ofcourse if you just watch the show and ignore the obvious camera movement and changes of angles just before something goes bump in the night to add some shock value and how there is no way to confirm if it was some random camera or sound guy making some nicely timed noices and so on I guess it can be quite an interesting show combined with the stuff I mentioned earlier it just waters it down for me atleast.

But hey if you believe in their "investigations", who am I to tell you to stop doing so. Just felt like giving my impressions on the show after watching each of their episodes non-stop from the first to the last couple days back. Funny show but doesnt really impress me with their "paranormal" content.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Thats great! Congrats, thelibra, and thanks for thinking and doing this for those of us who are Ghosthunters/TAPS fans!

For those of you who are not......I thought that this was a thread for anyone who had questions for them, NOT to bash or give your personal opinion of them. Start another thread if thats what your comments are going to be.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I am highly interested to know when your interview will be completed. Any guestimate? Will it be posted on this thread or a whole new one?

P.S. Thanks for doing this, I know there are alot of people interested in the outcome. (despite the ignorance of the naysayers)

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Still, Brian is, IMO, an Omarosa. Even if he weren't a jerk, he'd have to act like one to maintain a salable character. That's the only reason I can think of to keep him around, because he's done more to impede people taking GH seriously than any other TAPS member. But, drama sells, and so maybe they brought him back for that.

lol no way... Jason seems to clown around more than anyone... lol omarosa, yeah they all are.

So, Brian maybe gone? that would suck, the impression that I got from Jason and Grant is that they're power tripping on Brian. They should treat him more like family, not an employee. Some people need more help than others, maybe the case with Brian...But hey, it all business...pffftt.

Oh! I'm sure Steve is happy if Brian is gone, he seems to prefer his partner with a blank pallet on GH skills... Steve's personality is so transparent. (had to say it lol)

I'm sure Brian will be better off without these cold hearted GH mutants. Anyway, it maybe something Jason and Grant will regret further in life, that's if they develop a heart.

Well hmmm, The show is great, though with a few eccentric flaws. I would assume the big question is Brian?????

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I loath being redundant but I fear you may miss it in the interim...

will the results be posted here or a new thread entirely?

Many of us are highly interested and 'waiting upon the wings' so to speak...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

w0000000t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY SAID YES!

At the moment, they're very busy with filming, but are planning to do the interview sometime in mid-August. This is fantastic news.

I'll probably do a podcast before then, and save the Ghost Hunters for episode #3.

I'm so excited I can hardly sit still!

Okay, its officially the middle of August tomorrow, so what's the deal????? I'm really looking forward to the interview, any updates?

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, its the 25th, whats going on?

They give you the cold shoulder and not show up?

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JENJESLIS

My apologies. As their questions had already been screened and I didnt notice the topic before they had already agreed to answer certain questions I just wanted to bring into view the issues I would have wanted to question them about.

As I stated I like the show as such but being a scripted reality show full of, what I would call obvious hoaxes I really am not here to bash them but just trying to open discussions on them. Sorry for getting off topic, but as I stated earlier the questions had been screened already so I thought I would atleast bring my views about their show out in the open.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
** SHAMELESS BUMP **

It's now the end of August and I'm waiting with breathless anticipation for the podcast!
Really! I'm very exciting. I hope to goodness they addressed the Lincoln Ghost Train (and everything else).

THIS is the thread that can tell ya'll about the Lincoln Ghost Train. I've been wanting to do a ghost hunt on this since I was a little kid. (a loooooooong time ago!!)

[edit on 8/26/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
UPDATE: Okay, for those who've been wondering (and there've been quite a few), the status of this is such: Jason and Grant are still filming, so the interview has not happened yet. As is often the case with filming TV and movies, schedules are subject to change.

I was asked, however, if in the interim, I'd be interested in interviewing Steve and Tango. My thoughts are along the lines of "of course", as they are both well respected members of the team. However, this poses a new problem in that the interview questions themselves are all tailored to Jason and Grant. So, I'm going to create a new thread for Steve and Tango questions.

As for when J and G will be available for interview, we're still working that out. I really apologize for the delay, but for some odd reason, they're putting the filming of Ghost Hunters before this interview in terms of priority.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Here is the Steve and Tango question thread.

I'll post more in this thread as soon as I hear back about when Jason and Grant will be available. Again, I'm very sorry for the continued delays. Apparently that's part and parcel to showbiz.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grock
I loath being redundant but I fear you may miss it in the interim...

will the results be posted here or a new thread entirely?

Many of us are highly interested and 'waiting upon the wings' so to speak...

Sorry for missing this question. In point of fact, the interview will occur in a podcast. Though they don't come out very often, I'm doing a podcast called TheLibra Unbalanced, the first episode of which you can find a link to in my sig.

The first episode was on "Space", the second episode was going to be about "Ghosts", but because the interview has been delayed for so long, the second episode will be on "Time", and the next will be a toss up between "Birth" and "Ghosts", depending on whether or not I can get in the interview before my wife gives birth.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
I have a question for the both of them.
Was it as bad as it seemed,being stuck with that moron CM Punk during the halloween episode?

HAHA! Good question - I like this show but that episode was unbearable.

I'd also like to know what Jason and Grant's experiences were. To bad they won't talk about it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join