It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Alcohol on USA Domestic Flights

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What do you all think about banning all alcohol on Domestic flights. Should they ban the Alcohol on all flights or just flights under 4 hours long. Or What ?? If at all.

Just seems that sometimes people get out of control because of drinking too much while on a airplane. This leads to other bigger problems we don't really need right now.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I see way more people boarding planes already intoxicated... bars are usually pretty close to the gates, and they're usually PACKED with customers.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
In order for me to put up with all the security b.s. at airports and on planes Im going to have to be drunk.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
They should not outlaw drinks on short flights! I fly from Utah to California and back at least once a month(I'm working on getting my comic book published). The flight is only 90 minutes or so but, I wanna have a few while in the air. I've never seen anyone outta control on a plane. They shouldn't punish everyone because a few can't behave!

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I like having one in the air too... travelling is stressful, and i find it relaxing to have a drink while reading on a flight. And when it comes to security, I'm not worried about the drunks anyway...

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
On a few of my many flight to Mexico they played games and stuff in order to give away bottles of tequila

when I won, I cracked the sucker on the spot and the flight attendant gave everyone their own lil cup

of course the film was Stake Out 2, who wouldn't need a buzz to make it through that flick

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
No way....bad idea....

Are you a frequent traveller? (i.e. at least once a month) While not much of a drinker myself, I am a frequent traveller, and I can see how it relaxes the others...(not to mention it's one of the perks of first class)

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
why on earth should you get drunk in an aeroplane?

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSwordMaster

A: To pass time

B: To help you relax

C: To get drunk

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Not a good idea, people should be allowed to have alcohol on planes as long as they are'nt bothering anyone who cares if they drink?

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think I would be more likely to get outta hand if I couldn't have a drink on a flight. I mean, I can't smoke and that pisses me off pretty bad. If I couldn't have a drink, somebody would die!

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
No way....bad idea....

Are you a frequent traveller? (i.e. at least once a month) While not much of a drinker myself, I am a frequent traveller, and I can see how it relaxes the others...(not to mention it's one of the perks of first class)

Damn right, i will not get on a plane without a good few drinks to calm my nerves.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
no more flying for me, i have to get hammered to get on a plane...can i drink before i get on?

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Maybe this is connected to the new ban on waiting in line for the bathroom.....you know if you drink a few your gonna need to use the bathroom fairly soon...

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillerT
What do you all think about banning all alcohol on Domestic flights. Should they ban the Alcohol on all flights or just flights under 4 hours long. Or What ?? If at all.

Just seems that sometimes people get out of control because of drinking too much while on a airplane. This leads to other bigger problems we don't really need right now.

First cigerettes. Now adult beverages? Give me a break!

Back in the day, I loved to fly. But now I HATE it! I will do everything in my power to NOT fly. It's too much of a pain in the arse!

Noooooooo!

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
rather than banning alcohol period, perhaps they should just attempt to keep the pilots sober.
That would be a start.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Lol I haven't flown since I turned 21... now 22.

I want to get drunk on the plane!

I think people are more likely to beat the allah loving sheeyot out of a terrorist after a few drinks.

Next thing you know they won't let you breathe oxygen!

[Edited on 9-1-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSwordMaster

You don't have to get drunk every time you drink.. jeez...

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Damn right, i will not get on a plane without a good few drinks to calm my nerves.

I hear ya. I hate flying on planes and having a good whisky helps settle the nerves before takeoff.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'm still mad they took away the smoking section.

Better keep the booze coming, or the smokers will chew off their neighbors arm.

[Edited on 10-1-2004 by RANT]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join