It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird movie trailer (any hints?) Cloverfield

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
sounds to me like godzilla. You can hear his scream there in the background. that's all I have now. it could be some other mutant creature giant that hates the US, and maybe that's why he went after the statue.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
oh, and if it's not godzilla, that would be really, really lame.

how can you have another reptile monster in new york taking buildings down and not be him? if it's not then, it's a lame spin-off and kinda unoriginal. Godzilla is the original monster.he's the king of monsters..even better than king kong. so to have some other lame monster there is kinda dumb.

it's like having another superman movie, with a guy with a cape and calling him something else. superguy or something like that. it's still superman.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

i think you need to do more reading before posting buddy, itgs been detailed already that this is not a rehash of godzilla but instead an original american giant monster movie told in a very intimate perspective go look around for other clips of the movie you wont find anything zillaish in this i bet

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
That looks great, can't wait until the 18th.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
What's wrong with Godzilla? I love Godzilla, some of you Americans may not know this but America messed with the Japanese versions to purposly make them bad. The originals were so much better. Also, the American version was pretty cool to, even if the monster could never exist unless its bone were made out of something stronger than titanium.

And I do hope its a Godzilla movie, just to make me happy and piss all of you off. Just like I love to root for that rainbow warrior Jeff Gordon not because I want him to win but I love how mad everyone gets when he does.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
no the cloverfeld monster will not look anything like godzilla i think it will most likely be like a giant gargoyle or a manticore the words say that it descends upon the city so to me that sounds like it flies plus in the frames where everyone sees a shell i see wings

BTW you guys should check out cloverfieldclues.com and watch the jamie loves teddy videos and also check out the my space pages featuring the characters if you wanna get the lead up back story to this movie

[edit on 12/27/2007 by razor1000]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I really thought it was a new trailer for another Godzilla movie

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
OK i like godzilla too and i thought the same thing guys but its been clarified a long time ago so can we just let godzilla RIP.

i'm just really excited because this movie seems so different to me from all the stuff i see out there in hollywood land.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Godzilla is my all time favorite movie monster, I've seen almost everyone of his movies even the US version

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Agreed, why all the anti-godzilla people? GODZILLA Is the man! I wish we could get a good godzilla movie based on the original films. If it's another monster attacking new york then I hope godzilla shows up and kicks his butt outta there.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I've done some more research on this. it's not godzilla! it's his brother! remember godzilla? didn't he grow up in a nuclear test site over there in the desert? maybe it was called cloverfield, so maybe it's not godzilla but his neighbor reptile that mutated in the area there. and maybe he got back looking for his brother godzilla, looking for him. that's all I got.:w:

SR

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

It's just basically a ripped off Godzilla except the difference is this thing is a parasite with bugs on it or something and won't die at the end of the movie supposedly.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SR
It's just basically a ripped off Godzilla except the difference is this thing is a parasite with bugs on it or something and won't die at the end of the movie supposedly.

that's pretty lame. Doesn't matter if it's shot on a cellphone, camera or behind a car..rippin off godzilla is pretty lame. :shk:

SR

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Well we've got 16 days to see for ourselves if it is a rip off or not and if it's actually any good or not!! I don't trust JJ Abrhams to make it a straight forward movie though so it'll probably be amazing or fail horribly.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by SR]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
first of allthat picture is just fan art ok.

second um any giant monster is going to look like a rip off anyway so this is basivally all about execution.

are you gys keeping up with tagruato
tidowave
jamie and teddy
also the my space pages for the characters?
those are basivally leading us up into the movie

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I hope this movie isn't all "shaky cam" stuff. I absolutely HATE anything filmed in shaky cam. Gives me a headache trying to figure out whats going on.

Movies should come with warnings if they contain shaky cam, so I can avoid them!

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
If I'm not mistaken in the remake version of Godzilla one of the eggs was left untouched so we could see Godzilla in this movie if it is indeed Godzilla’s brother coming to New York to search for him.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
my god people this is not a godzilla movie of any kind its been stated so by the directors the only speculation left is on what the big monster will look like, how do people get blown up by the infection it brings along and where are the small monsters comming from people or the monster.

the only thing similar to godzilla is that its huge and it also has a screaming roar, if you havent been following along since july go here cloverfieldclues.blogspot.com...
this place will get you caught up.

heres a little more info for ya this is straight from the producer

The intention was to make America's answer to Japan's Godzilla and that the movie was inspired by other films. "It's an entirely original story and monster," Burk, a producing partner with Lost co-creator J.J. Abrams, said in an interview in November.
"The viral stuff online was all done in conjunction with the studio," Burk said. "A woman named Amy Powell at Paramount is in charge. She's [a] genius, to say the least. The whole experience in making this movie is very reminiscent with how we did Lost.

[edit on 1/6/2008 by razor1000]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

this is cloverfield

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
America's answer to Japan's Godzilla, I'll give it a try. You never know I just may like this film, only one way for me to find out and thats to go and see the movie when it comes out.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join