It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Sexually Assaulted for Refusing to Convert To Islam

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Less than .01% of priests have been involved in that.

What percentage of Muslims rape people to convert them then?

Forced conversions are also not exclusive to Islam - the Christian sphere has quite a history of it as well. How do you think most of the New World ended up Christian? They were conquered and converted.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I DO NOT KNOW OF ANYONE on this thread PRETENDING to any degree that rape, pedestry etc. are exclusively anyone's habitual behaviors.

Then what, exactly, is your point?
Because you seem to be a religious partisan arguing for the inherent moral superiority of Christianity. Something that doesn't seem to be borne out by history.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
No one I've seen is saying that rape is exclusive in islam, I don't even know where that came from.... what many are pointing out is that rape is used as a norm by the islamofascists to intimidate non-muslims or those who fail to convert to islam. And don't forget that in islamic societies rapists tend to get off with a slap on the wrist or no punishment at all, while the rape victim is stoned to death or is persecuted by their own family members. And because you're already dealing with a country where Christians are persecuted on a daily basis, don't be surprised if they never find the attackers.
What I would suggest is to go look at the way Christians and non-muslims in islamic societies are treated and how crimes against them often go unpunished.. While serious crimes that are brought against them will be a death sentence without a fair trial.
At least in civilized western societies justice has nothing to do with religion.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
2. If a Muslim were raped all night by 30 Christians for refusing to say The Lord's Prayer . . . I suspect the outrage of neformore would have been off the scale . . . probably assaultively psychotic in intensity. And ALL Christians would have been intensely consigned to hell automatically by such pristine perfectly fair judgment and sentencing by neformore.

Listen.

You can peddle your pseudo-religious hate filth if you want to.

You obviously are a shining paragon of your religion in as far as it extends to the tolerance and understanding that you are supposed to advocate, as advertised by Jesus in the bible. I'm sure that if the guy existed/exists he's looking down on you right now and praying to his father that you actually learn some of the lessons of tolerance that he preached.

But just so you know, I think ALL religion is #, so please, don't try and include me in your moral crusade, or make me out to be some sort of patsy for the people you hate.

My point - and I'll think you'll find I'm fairly consistent on this in every post that I make - is that there are scum on BOTH sides of your petty supertitious book divide, and no one is better than anyone else. And I would be just as indignant had the shoe been on the other foot, because I think you - with your fundamental christian views, and the muslims with their fundamental views are ALL crazy.

And while you are all throwing hate at each other, and killing yourselves in your righteous "crusade/jihadi" in the middle are normal people who just want to get on with their lives, and instead end up having them trounced by people who somehow think they are better because of a book they read, or where they are born.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
TO XMOTEX ET AL

Following are excerpts on some quick searches for stats . . .

chrenkoff.blogspot.com...

The Miles report lists 104 reported cases* over two years out of the total population of almost 200,000 troops stationed throughout the Middle East and Central Asia. This comes up to about 25 reported cases per 100,000 population per year.

You also have to consider that 100,000 soldiers does not equal 100,000 population back home, because that civilian 100,000 also includes women and children, whereas 100,000 soldiers are overwhelmingly men between the ages of 18 and 50. If you want to arrive at a figure of sexual assault in the United States per 100,000 men in the relevant aged bracket, you have to multiply 85 by around three (or maybe even four), to get ca. 250 sexual assaults per 100,000 men between the ages of 18 and 50 (as they constitute somewhere between a third and a quarter of the total population).

Thus, the sexual assault rate in the armed forces in the Middle East and Central Asia, however unfortunately high, is still at least ten times smaller than the rate in the general population in the United States.

Continued next post

[edit on 4/7/2007 by BO XIAN]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
to neformore

It appears that you have not the faintest subatomic particle's worth of understanding about me, my perspectives, feelings, values . . .

I do not hate Muslims nor even most Jihadi's. As have noted elsewhere, had a close friend Moroccan Muslim who converted live in the same room with me for over a year.

I certainly hate untruth and evil and violent evil behavior.

I don't feel hate. I don't act hatefully. Forgiveness and compassion are high priority values to me . . . even toward my avowed enemies.

I do, however, feel your hate toward me.

I find your pontifications about hate to be exceedingly hypocritical.

In terms of this incident . . . your hate appears to blind you from or at least wholesale distort the facts on your consciousness. I find that antithetical to ATS values and all ATS stands for.

That habit is more consistent with DENIAL OF TRUTH

INSTEAD OF

DENIAL OF IGNORANCE.

This incident is real. Incidents of a similar nature go on around the world all the time.

They go on perpetrated by Jihadi's . . . even 'moderate Jihadi's' in non Muslim lands by immigrants at a far higher rate than by the local populations--than by the local pseudo Christian and authentic Christian populations. Those are just the facts whether you want to admit them, or not.

Certainly in Jihadi regions, the abuse of innocent victims who's major crime is to have less status and power than the perpetrators is exceedingly beyond Western statistics.

Denial of that, is a DENIAL OF TRUTH

and a SUPPORT OF IGNORANCE.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Same can be said for Christians and there are a lot more sects and splinter groups there...

I realize that acccording to Wiki there are roughly 300 branches of cristianity yet Cristians do not go around saying things like they are not true christians as bodrul (sp) is doing here, do they?

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Are you kidding?

I've heard that dozens of times, Protestants claiming Catholics aren't true Christians, Catholics saying Mormons aren't true Christians, fundamentalists saying slightly less fundamentalist fundamentalists aren't true Christians, etc...

[edit on 7/4/07 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well shots, you have to realize how convenient it is for him and others like him to say that these islamofasicists are not islamic or 'real muslims'. With that kind of mentality I could say that Catholics aren't real Christians. I could say that those living in the U.S. and of European/African descent aren't real Americans. I could say that Stalin wasn't a real atheist, and so forth. I could distort a lot of facts with crap that would fit my agenda. However some of us realize that it is better to confront the simple truths than to avoid them. That still seems to be a problem in the muslim community however.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
I do, however, feel your hate toward me.

Its not hate. Its pity. Its based on the fact that you are desperately trying to come across as a balanced person by presenting a bias view.

I was going to type a whole lot more. But I think that says it all.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
this is horrible news

but for every1 getting mad at "no medical treatment because he's christian".....

don't forget mother teresa didn't treat many who weren't christian

thank u

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
neformore:

I read your personal assault on my sanity and mental balance.

I find it, as usual, rather baseless.

It also contains no addition to the topic.

Are you saying that you do not believe the incident of the Christian man being raped by 30 Jihadi's was real?

Are you saying that he deserved it?

Are you saying that you think all religious people should be so raped because they deserve it being so stupid as to be religious to begin with?

What really is your perspective?

Some masochistically inquiring minds may well want to know.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Continued statistics and examples . . .

NOTE: I tend to add paragraphing line spaces in large original paragraphs for easier reading for aging eyes. I don't change anything else in the quotes.

fjordman.blogspot.com...

The number of rape charges per capita in Malmö is 5 – 6 times that of Copenhagen, Denmark. Copenhagen is a larger city, but the percentage of immigrants is much lower. And it’s not just the rape statistics that reveal a scary increase in Malmö or Sweden. Virtually every kind of violent crime is on the rise. Robberies have increased with 50 % in Malmö only during the fall of 2004. Threats against witnesses in Swedish court cases have quadrupled between 2000 and 2003. During the past few decades, massive immigration has changed the face of Sweden’s major cities, as well as challenged the viability of the welfare state. In 1970 Sweden had the fourth highest GDP per capita among developed countries with income about 6% above the OECD average. By 1997 it was at fifteenth place with an average GDP per capita 14% below average. Malmö has a heavy concentration of Muslim immigrants in particular. According to some estimates, it will be a Muslim majority city in no more then 10 years. Crime is rampant in the growing ghettos:

. . .

Continued in next post.

[edit on 4/7/2007 by BO XIAN]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Well shots, you have to realize how convenient it is for him and others like him to say that these islamofasicists are not islamic or 'real muslims'. With that kind of mentality I could say that Catholics aren't real Christians. I could say that those living in the U.S. and of European/African descent aren't real Americans. I could say that Stalin wasn't a real atheist, and so forth. I could distort a lot of facts with crap that would fit my agenda. However some of us realize that it is better to confront the simple truths than to avoid them. That still seems to be a problem in the muslim community however.

that is a horrible analogy

how about this one

you could say not all americans are bad even though
1) They stole land from native indians, the home you live in right now is not even your land, you are an immigrant

2) How many american troops are occupying how many foreign countries

3) America is terrific in ensuring the poor stays poor

4) Slavery of blacks

5) The most elite country in misinformation

6) Supplied aids to third world countries through the form of vaccines

7) pharmaceutical companies using third world countries as a nation of guinea pigs to save truckloads of r&d dollars

8) Invades other countries for oil

And Americans let it all happen

So would it be a fallacious syllogism to say that all americans are evil?

Remember one thing, u will hear horrible things that foreign countries do and do not do.

But how much would u hate ur own country if it was really known how much they did?

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I fail to see how you are addressing my analogy Modern. You're stating some things that are known and propaganda that you have read about the U.S. Can you clarify your point? Thanks.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Continued on-topic excerpts and stats . . .

NOTE: In include paragraph line space breaks to aid reading by aging eyes. I don't change anything else in the quotes.

www.frontpagemag.com...

In Australia, Norway, Sweden and other Western nations, there is a distinct race-based crime in motion being ignored by the diversity police: Islamic men are raping Western women for ethnic reasons. We know this because the rapists have openly declared their sectarian motivations.

. . .

Continued next post.

Mod Edit: Please follow the quoting guidelines when posting external materials

[edit on 7/4/07 by FredT]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Continued on-topic excerpts and stats . . .

additional paragraphing line spaces are added for aging eyes. Nothing else is changed in the quotes.

www.frontpagemag.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

I've heard that dozens of times, Protestants claiming Catholics aren't true Christians, Catholics saying Mormons aren't true Christians, fundamentalists saying slightly less fundamentalist fundamentalists aren't true Christians, etc...

Well being honest this is the very first time in my life I have ever heard that but a quick search trned up 229 hits all on obscure websites so even if it is done it is very seldom.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
People STOP! For crying out loud. We have people here going on posting links of website which support gay islam, explain gay islam, then people go on talking about the amount of homosexual cases there have been in muslim countries, along with the amount of cases of pedophilia and so on.
While these are links and I respect the fact that people who are saying homosexuality is ok in islam atleast provide links BUT:

NOT EVERYTHING YOU GET ON THE INTERNET IS TRUE

you guys should know this.

If you are going on talking about how many gay figures there were in the muslim history, how many gay acts have been commited etc etc this says NOTHING about muslims. You're merely talking about homosexuals throughtout history. There have been tons of them NOT ONLY IN THE MUSLIM FAITH.

If you're mentioning the amount of child rape there is in muslim countries, and homosexual acts aswell, my advice to you is to go and find out how many of such things are committed in your own countries. Homosexuality and pedophilia are highly spread around the world, sadly, and this has NOTHING to do with religion. Just because in Islam the church does no separate from the state does not mean that everything that happenes in the state is the church's doing and it should not be blamed for it if it really had nothing to do with the act. Look at Italy - child prostitution thrives there. Homosexuality is not in the small numbers either. Now isn't the Vatican in Italy? And do we go saying that such things are a trait of christianity?

The internet sources that people posted here, Bo Xian in particular (and believe me I've taken the time to read them). they're total bogus. Internet articles are written by people, therefor no less subject to bias. Like I said you have to be able to seperate BS from truth on the internet, not believe everything you find on it. Even IF your links site quotes from the Koran to support their claims, let me be the first person to say this in this debate then: when reading holy books of different religions (bible and the koran in particular) you cannot take everything you read literally, neither can you go twisting every fruedian thing you see into a sick twisted meaning. Neither can you go on taking "snipits", as bodrul said a couple of pages back, and claiming you have proof. Quotes take out of context DO NOT CONTAIN THEIR ORIGIONAL MEANING. If you do then you're merely looking for what YOU want to see, not the truth.

To all of you people that keep stating that homosexuality is part of the Muslim life and tradition I ask you this - why is it that while I have traveled in the middle east, lived in 2 countries and in three others (mind you, lived or traveled in, I have managed to see alot of each country including rural areas), that I have NEVER seen this? And no need calling me unatentive or saying I might have missed it. Trust me I'm a very attentive person. I mean I know that that's only 5 Muslim countries in the world, but is it somehow a coincidence that in all of them I have witnessed no gay lovers, seen no men hit on boys, and have heard of nothing remotely close to the things described in your links? Care to explain that to me. I've lived in Azerhbaijan, Uzbekestan, and have traveled in Saudi Arabia, the Emirates, and Oman. While I lived in the cities I have spent plenty of time outside of them. Plenty of chances to see and witness all the things you claim are true about Islam yet...I can back up nothing of what you're saying. I mean nothing AT ALL. Oh and Saudi is a pretty strict Muslim place so I there is atleast that much credibility to what I'm saying. If all your links really are true (when they're in fact writen by westerners, not muslims) then please explain my experience in the middle east. And no I'm not saying there are no gays there - while I was there I've never seen any but I dont doubt the fact there might be some there.

The point I'm trying to get across to people is - STOP LABELING THIS UNDER ISLAM. It's not. It is a sick act from a bunch of pervs who are trying to justify their actions by claiming it's religious. They have bloody gay bishops in the states, is christianity gay for that matter? NO. How many priests have been guilty of pedophilia, is pedophilia backed by christianity? NO! Common sense, logic, is any of it getting through? Stop calling these people musims, they're not!

Regards,
Maestro

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestro46
The point I'm trying to get across to people is - STOP LABELING THIS UNDER ISLAM. It's not. It is a sick act from a bunch of pervs who are trying to justify their actions by claiming it's religious. They have bloody gay bishops in the states, is christianity gay for that matter? NO. How many priests have been guilty of pedophilia, is pedophilia backed by christianity? NO! Common sense, logic, is any of it getting through? Stop calling these people musims, they're not!

Regards,
Maestro

You hit the nail on the head there Maestro.

Someone asked for my perspective - what I've quoted above just about covers it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join