It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Strikes Back!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
You see, that is why he won't win the Republican vote. He mentioned the republican stance on the border as being "bad." Really? So, Mr. Paul, what do you suggest we do about our borders, just continue to leave them wide open as we have always done?

To be quite honest, he'd be better suited to run for the Democratic nomination than the Republican,him and Mr Giuliani both.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]
Speakeroftruth........... The Rep/Dem STANCE ON THE BORDER IS BAD."Really" !! They can talk till they are blue in the face ,yet the borders remain wide open. If you have ever heard Paul speak on the issue you would see that he wants the border closed NOW. 1. To stop the flood and as an aside to put a crimp in the NAU.
The way things are now is exactly as the gov. wants them to be or they would be different. I use the DHLS as an example. A MASSIVE and expensive organization put together in a relatively short time. Do you think you could close the border if given the resources ? I could ! You seem to think the Rep want it closed, when in fact they DO NOT . Paul does.
I guess the expression is the proof is in the pudding. Ck him out and I think you will find you are both on the same page with respect to the border issue.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

PAUL BANNED FROM DEBATE

And the blackout continues! Yesterday ABC news reported that Paul raised more cash in the 2nd quarter than Crazy Train McCain. HUGE news. They also lined Paul up to be interviewed by George Stephonopoulis on "This Week" (today). Guess what? The fascist GOP dominated Sinclair Broadcasting Group struck again and pre-empted "This Week" in favor of some dumbAdoubleS pop culture show.

Read more onnit here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its infuriating the many ways our sold out media goes about blacking this very real and worthy candidate out from the mainstream coverage.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This is INCREDIBLE to watch...

They say that the parties change sides every so often, the left becomes right and vice versa, watching it happen is incredible.

Reagan was the last great conservative republican that held to the Republican principles, that is Less Government, Less Taxes, more personal responsibility. Remember it was Reagan that said the nine most terrifying words in the english language are "I am from the government and I am here to help."

Now the Neo-Cons have taken over and the SHEEP just follow along, their so called foundation, their so called CORE PRINCIPALS don't matter as much as the letter behind a name.

Hell haf the idiots out there think Bush is a Texan too so what else is new. A New England Liberal, Trotskyite, Elitist has an R after his name so he must be good. Ron Paul is the only one on that stage speaking of the Constitution and the COR PRINCIPALS of Conservatives and who do the sheep say needs to get off the stage????

As Hitler said "How fortunate for leaders that the people do NOT THINK."

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
This is INCREDIBLE to watch...

They say that the parties change sides every so often, the left becomes right and vice versa, watching it happen is incredible.

Reagan was the last great conservative republican that held to the Republican principles, that is Less Government, Less Taxes, more personal responsibility. Remember it was Reagan that said the nine most terrifying words in the english language are "I am from the government and I am here to help."

Now the Neo-Cons have taken over and the SHEEP just follow along, their so called foundation, their so called CORE PRINCIPALS don't matter as much as the letter behind a name.

Hell haf the idiots out there think Bush is a Texan too so what else is new. A New England Liberal, Trotskyite, Elitist has an R after his name so he must be good. Ron Paul is the only one on that stage speaking of the Constitution and the COR PRINCIPALS of Conservatives and who do the sheep say needs to get off the stage????

As Hitler said "How fortunate for leaders that the people do NOT THINK."

Excellent points, one and all! If I could give you a WayAbove award I would, tho I no longer see that feature here (at ATS). BOO!

Anyway, you're so right. About the watching things flip. Reagan started out as a liberal Democrat and wound up a rock-ribbed, America first conservative Republican. For all the right reasons. My grandpa made the same evolution and died a Reagan Republican. He used to laugh and say, "If my old man knew I voted for a Republican, he'd knock the hell outta me!" lol

I, too, have made the same political evolution. I was a lifelong Reagan Republican. Voted for George W. Bush in 2000. But after 9-11, a paradigm changed. And the more I dug, the more horrified I became at what I saw. Today's Republican party's only core value is loyalty. Loyalty and complete fealty to the Republican Party and King Cheney.

My God! I thot we defeated the communists back in '91, once for all! But here we are people, with a gang of thugs ruling by evil fiat, torturists and war criminals, one and all (minus Ron Paul) in the place of what used to be our United States of America.

Today's Republican party does not represent the values of Ronald Reagan, Teddy Roosevelt or Abraham Lincoln; or mine either. I have not voted for a Republican since 2000. I will vote for one more Republican - most likely only in the primaries (as I voted for Pat Buchanan in '96). Beyond that, tho, I will cast a vote for Al Gore, Barack Obama, John Edwards or maybe Mike Bloomberg. I will vote for REAL change or I will not vote at all.

PS.. Chillary Clinton is a vote for the continuation of NeoCon rule.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ron Paul reminds me of Mike Gravel. Theyre both two no-nonsense candidates who are actually looking to shake things up and head in the right direction, even though their views differ slightly. Strangely enough, as liberal as I am I wouldnt mind seeing Ron Paul elected. He's without a doubt the only republican I'd vote for.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
As a Republican, I can tell you, Ron Paul and Tommy Thompson are the only two real conservatives running on the right. Paul is relevant b/c he had the courage and wisdom to oppose the misnamed PATRIOT Act and the invasion of Iraq. Thompson, however, is a dinosaur and has nothing to add to today's debate, just the same old decade-old rhetoric.

Mike Gravel is also relevant b/c he speaks truth to power. Folks can dismiss him all they want, but he is also the real deal; and puts America and our fighting men and women first.

Paul and Gravel scare the pants off the establishment. And for that, I raise my glass to both of them!

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
doesn't really matter what anyone hopes or says about this ron paul guy..the ballot will be Gulliani VS Mrs Clinton.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spawwwn
doesn't really matter what anyone hopes or says about this ron paul guy..the ballot will be Gulliani VS Mrs Clinton.

As great as the thot is, I think you're right.:shk:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this video yet. Leading the Cause of Freedom in Iowa. This appears to be from the Rally in Iowa.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
why would anyone vote for Guliani?

he often describes wanting to make a pre-emptive war
and he's a complete idiot

if americans vote for him they r voting for another bush
is america that stupid?

the sad truth is even if Ron Paul wins, i bet he'd get assassinated within a month of his presidency.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
A bit of update: Ron Paul is still kicking keister...

Source: Ron Paul Campaign site

A local TV station just called, wanting to follow up on the Sunday ABC interview. Their stated reason: "Your campaign is really picking up steam!"
Darn right, thanks to you and so many others. Of course, some in the media want to see this campaign lose steam. But they’re not going to get their way.

Determined little cuss, ain't he?

It looks like Ron is not going to buckle under pressure from his rivals. I like to think that websites like ATS are at least partially responsible for waking up the American Public & actually looking at the "State of the Union" with critical thinking.

Remember the complaints that kids were addicted to TV and video games, and ignored the world around them? There are plenty who don't fit that bill. And the tool in their hands and ours is the internet. With it, we can circumvent the biased media.

He's getting increasing amounts of support from younger people. To me, this is a good sign; They're the real future of America & the world, not older fogies like me.

The article also adds that Ron Paul will be visiting Google & talking to the techies there (as well as holding rallies). However, a vital issue that remains is to keep the internet free. Don't let this precious tool fall under corporate/government restrictions/censorship; The internet is still our best tool for keeping Freedom of Speech alive.

There was some threads here at ATS not too long ago (sorry, I don't have specific links) citing that Google was involved in some kind of limitations/restrictions/censorship on what type of links they would allow to show up in their searches...I think (if memory serves) that it involved Google wanting to put the websites who pay Google the most money to get closer to the top of Search results listings. I can't say that I know anything specific that Ron will talk with Google about, but I hope that he promotes Internet Freedom as one of his concerns.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I doubt that google is pro-ron paul

also i doubt ats had anything to do with public opinion outside of members here

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Net Neautrality is absolutely important! And you better believe Ron Paul would protect it as president! He is Mr. Libertarian, afterall!

Sinclair Broadcasting pre-empted "This Week" for some crap pop show. It was total censorship.

Ron Paul scares the pants off the power establishment.

I am so glad I hadn't burned my Republican registration yet. I am gonna vote for him in the primaries.

After that, who knows.... I hope the GORACLE runs.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I doubt that google is pro-ron paul

also i doubt ats had anything to do with public opinion outside of members here

Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate AGAINST regulating the internet. Google INVITED Ron to speak to ALL OF GOOGLE'S EMPLOYEES.

So....no, Google NEEDS Ron to win.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I have no idea what google's interest in ron paul is. But one thing is sure, if you're into civil rights and transparency in government, vote for Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
We all know public media is trying to ignore and pass over some of the important things this man has to say! Well here it is, the simplest way to get his name out there! I have a feeling that if the majority of Americans took their time to understand what this man is about and why the things he say make so much SENSE he would be our next president. So here it is. Simple... yet very effective.. and coming to a city near you.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Good idea, QuasiShaman. Can't believe I didn't think of that before. I'm getting out my cash and a pen right now. Anyway, here is a site that does the rubber stamp thing...

www.ronpaulstamp.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   
There are real alternatives. Check out the constitution party.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
me and my friends have been writing ron pauls name in the boundry of the dollars since the first debate and the blackout of his name by the media. one of my co-workers got change back at a mcdonalds that had RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT!! RONPAUL2008.COM written on it. just lets us know its in circulation. keep up the good work!

while your reading this go to www.prisonplanet.com...

huge supporters of ron paul and exposing the NWO every single day.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Had a few beers with a friend I hadn't seen in a while this past weekend, and met some new people. All either still in school or just graduated( 2 young veterans among them as well). To my utter surprise they knew exactly who Ron Paul was. We agreed that he was the only candidate who was different. We also agreed that he was so dangerous to the etablishment even if he could win the primary he'd be handeled by that same establishment before Nov. So the younger folks arn't stupid they've just gotten cynical much younger than i did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join