It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Strikes Back!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

From the American Free Press.

PAUL BANNED FROM DEBATE

Texas Representative Won’t Be Invited To Participate in Iowa Despite Victories

As AFP went to press, Iowans for Tax Relief and Iowa Christian Alliance had engaged in a blatant act of censorship by excluding Rep. Ron Paul (R-Tex.) from their presidential candidates forum June 30 in Des Moines. This is ironic—since Paul reads off the same page on the issues that concern the two groups.

The above-listed groups oppose the economic and political integration of North America. So does Paul. They favor much better border security. So does Paul....
----------------------
A press release from Paul’s office, posted at RonPaul2008.com, noted that Paul will not participate in the Iowa forum because he wasn’t invited.
-----------------------
“The campaign office had not received an invitation so we called . . . thinking we might have misplaced the invitation or simply overlooked it,” the press release noted. On June 19, Campaign Manager Lew Moore called Edward Failor with Iowans for Tax Relief to ask about this matter.
----------------
“To our shock, Mr. Failor told us Dr. Paul was not invited; he was not going to be invited; and he would not be allowed to participate. And when asked why, Mr. Failor refused to explain. The call ended.”

So, they're trying to cut him out before the primaries. What did Ron Paul do about it? Turnabout is fair play, so here's something from Ron Paul's website:

Ron Paul Speaks to 1,000 in Iowa
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

June 30, 2007
DES MOINES, IOWA – Presidential candidate Ron Paul held a rally today celebrating life and liberty at the Hy-Vee Hall in Des Moines, Iowa. The event was held immediately after and next door to a Republican candidates forum sponsored by the Iowa Christian Alliance and Iowans for Tax Relief.
----------------
"Today, Ron Paul demonstrated how deeply his message of freedom and limited government is resonating across the nation," said campaign manager Lew Moore.
------------------
Despite being planned in less than a week, Dr. Paul's event singlehandedly outdrew the other forum and its six participating candidates by several hundred attendees.

The irony here is that Ron not only had the drive to cut through their BS for refusing to let him participate, but he even drew more people to his rally than the rest of the GOP candidates did!

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
GOOD DEAL!!!!! It's things like this that will get him noticed, and there's no way they can ignore him much longer.

The tide may be turning.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Sweeeet.

Haha, worried enough to cut him
out of the debates, THAT says alot.

Something must be working!

RON PAUL '08

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Ron Paul will be our next President hopefully, He doesn't bring BS to the table, he doesn't bring bias or show favor to anything other then that which the constitution and founding fathers wanted and intended, Washington fears him because of this, because it would destabilize all the BS that goes on there, and bring this country back to what it was intended to be, a Country of the People, for the People and by the People.

America needs Ron Paul as our President.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
That was a tremendous act of defiance. Good for him.
I hope he scares the hell out of the rest of his party.
I try really hard not to see a conspiracy agenda behind the blocking of Ron Paul, but it seems to me that there is a big reason they fear him. I'd bet we will find that secret soon enough.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Everyone needs to e-mail this story to at least a dozen friends. Tell them that there must be a reason Ron Paul is being stonewalled.

We have to do our part if this nation is to have a chance.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
How long before somebody like Mike Reagan says it's faked like the polls? I heard a call-in on the Mike Reagan show one night, the caller was strongly supporting Ron Paul, and Reagan said "Ron Paul will NOT be president!" and cut off the caller.

So what I'd like to know, is when Ron Paul beats the hell out of all of the other GOP candidates, while the GOP wants to deny his existence, who will get the nomination? How does that work?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Look, I have nothing against Ron Paul, but the guy only has about 2% of the vote, according to recent Gallup polls. I don't see how the guy could possibly win.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Look, I have nothing against Ron Paul, but the guy only has about 2% of the vote, according to recent Gallup polls. I don't see how the guy could possibly win.

Yeah, it would be great to even have a chance to vote for him.. but most americans dont pay any attention and most of them probably have no idea who Ron Paul is. I dont think he has a chance in hell with the short attention span of middle red necked America.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Great news
I wonder how long they will be able to "hide" Ron Paul from the public. People want a president who abides by the constitution, thats why his popularity is growing fast.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
Great news
I wonder how long they will be able to "hide" Ron Paul from the public. People want a president who abides by the constitution, thats why his popularity is growing fast.

As I stated, the recent polls show him at just 2%. I don't see how that can be construed to mean that his "popularity is growing fast."

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix

Yeah, it would be great to even have a chance to vote for him.. but most americans dont pay any attention and most of them probably have no idea who Ron Paul is.

That's true. There are a few candidates that aren't getting hardly any attention at all.

1. Ron Paul
2. Tom Tancredo
3. Duncan Hunter

I guarantee you, ninety-five percent of the people haven't even heard of Tom Tancredo or Duncan Hunter. It's really sad that those who might actually help this country are kept in the shadows.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
Everyone needs to e-mail this story to at least a dozen friends. Tell them that there must be a reason Ron Paul is being stonewalled.

We have to do our part if this nation is to have a chance.

I'm a die-hard democrat and it pains me to admit this, but I'll be voting Republican in this election.

I've reposted these articles on MySpace with a little note from myself describing how Americans are going to get screwed in the next election if people don't arm themselves with knowledge of the issues and speak up for those they support.

Tell everyone you know to VOTE for the person – NOT the party!

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
Great news

As I stated, the recent polls show him at just 2%. I don't see how that can be construed to mean that his "popularity is growing fast."

ofcourse, that 2% is based on landline phone polls. Random polls where they call up 100 people in they're homes, and ask them who they think they're voting for.

The majority of Ron Pauls mass appeal comes fromthe 18-25 demographic, a demographic notorious for using internet and cellphones as theyre only communication, many of them might not even have landline phones.

the medias polling isn't representative to the actual popularity of the candidate.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Tyranny, I wish more people would vote the person, vote their heart, and not the guy with the R or D by his name because it is the lesser of two evils. I did that with Bush and I will never ever do it again. Ron Paul is our only chance for saving this country, otherwise we are done for.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I saw two Ron Paul yard signs on the way to work this morning, and a car with a bumper sticker on it. That made me happy this morning, I do believe that the word is starting to spread, people are waking up. I hope everyone that is a supporter of Paul gets the message out however you can, I am sure you do, but we need to be relentless in letting people know who he is and the trouble this country is in. Hopefully come election time people will vote for what they know is best, not just what is ok. That is of course that there is an election, and Bush hasnt somehow decalred himself supreme ruler.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

SOT I think you may be right here. I would love for Ron Paul to win, but its a sad fact that the american people dont elect presidents anymore it seems. But wouldnt it be nice if Ron got tons more votes then any other candidate in the primaries? what would "they" do then. I would like to see that really would make alot of people see what politics has come to.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
God I hope I dont violate TOS for posting this but this is the RonPaul presidential campaign cafe press store...(I am not affiliated with it in any way)

But hey get a bumper sticker.......something

www.cafepress.com...

I live in Arizona and was soo pleased to see a Ron Paul ReLOVEolution banner on the street corner...

What is funny, those that know of him...support him fanatically...no wishy washy well I like this or that....they all seem to be willing to fight like a Patriot to get him elected...and those that don't, well after they hear of him..I usually get the OMG I had no idea..hes got my vote...etc etc...

You don't need to sell Ron Paul....Ron Paul sells himself!!

George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Abraham Lincoln, Ron Paul......

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix

Yeah, it would be great to even have a chance to vote for him.. but most americans dont pay any attention and most of them probably have no idea who Ron Paul is.

That's true. There are a few candidates that aren't getting hardly any attention at all.

1. Ron Paul
2. Tom Tancredo
3. Duncan Hunter

Honestly, i don't know that much about Ron Paul, other then he is a libertarian.

As for Hunter and Tancredo, at least once a week i hear one of them on the AM radio, they are both great on the boarder. And i think America could be ready for a single isssue predisdent on this next election.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by geemony

SOT I think you may be right here. I would love for Ron Paul to win, but its a sad fact that the american people dont elect presidents anymore it seems.

You are correct

They vote for "personalities." All of this "charisma" garbage started with the election of Mr. Clinton. People don't vote based on the issues; they vote for the guy that "looks the best or seems the nicest."

If you were making reference to the electoral college, that is a whole other issue in and of itself.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join