It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Strikes Back!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

The majority of Ron Pauls mass appeal comes fromthe 18-25 demographic, a demographic notorious for using internet and cellphones as theyre only communication, many of them might not even have landline phones.

Bingo! 18 to 25 year olds do not vote. They are very vocal and make up most of the more, out of the mainstream political ideas. They don't vote, they just complain. It has been that way generation after generation. To win he needs the 35+ vote or he does not have a chance.

I think a majority of voters want change. I also think most people who actually vote are very concerned about security, both financial and physical. If he wants to have a chance he MUST separate himself entirely from extremism. Getting involved with those groups is political suicide. Their proponents seldom vote and any candidate foolish enough to align with extremists is committing political suicide.

He would have a chance with me, a moderate who aligns with no party, as long as his message makes sense and he is careful who he aligns with. From what he said about the rich guy who refuses to pay taxes, he's on shaky ground. You change the system from within. Not by holding up in a multimillion dollar property and yelling how unfair taxes are. Only fools fight the system. How does that look to the half of voters who will never own a property like that. Wise people learn to use it to get what they want. All meaningful change comes from those who learn to use it.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I had no idea who Ron Paul was until I kept on seeing "vote for Ron Paul" or "Ron Paul 2008" sig lines on ATS. Only ones I read or heard about before seeing that was Hillary Clinton, Obama, and Guilani and I watch CNN/MSNBC a fair amount(Well, whenever a good documentary isn't on, my SO took over the tv or I turn on baby einstein, wonderpets or dora for my son. (He's 2 months old and I'm trying to find good tv shows for development for him besides all the other stuff... reading to him, puppets, objects, etc.)

I normally don't vote republican(mostly Democrat or independent... whom ever I think would be best suited imo...) but the more I'm reading about Ron Paul I'm thinking I'm going to vote for him if he makes it. Don't think it will matter too much due to the fact that I think the elections are rigged... but hopefully just maybe this election will listen to the people and not rig the damn thing like they did the last two elections.

Forgot to comment... I'm 25 and I have voted ever since I was 18 years old, even though I don't like politics and don't think it will help anyway... but do just in the off chance it might.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by MacSen191]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
[
If you were making reference to the electoral college, that is a whole other issue in and of itself.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

It was a doubleedged answer. I dont really like the electoral college concept but dont really know much about it. I believe any elected position should be counted with votes by citizens. One person One vote that is the way it was meant to be.

But we live in the world of make believe and hollywood Glitz. When the main headline is Paris Hilton and not our most important issues, something is very wrong with our society. I only pray that Ron Paul can get through the primary. But behind the scenes im afraid the big hitters are keeping him silent as much as they can. its a shame

Take care

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I just ordered a bumper sticker and a couple of buttons. I think the more people are aware of Ron Paul, the more exposure he will get and maybe people will start to wake up and realize what needs to be done in the next election.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
The irony here is that Ron not only had the drive to cut through their BS for refusing to let him participate, but he even drew more people to his rally than the rest of the GOP candidates did!

I hate to be a naysayer, but I wouldn't read too much into the crowd sizes. Most likely, the candidates forum was invite-only while Paul's rally was open to the public. And you can be sure that Paul's supporters in Iowa were pounding the phones beforehand to get the people to attend his rally.

Ever see the movie "The People vs Larry Flynt"? After he is released from jail, Larry is at a rally sponsored by "Americans For a Free Press" or some such group. One of his staff remarks that there sure are a lot of supporters in 'Americans For a Free Press'. Larry says to him, "You dummy, we are the 'Americans For a Free Press'".

Same thing here, I'd guess.

I do like some of the things that Paul is saying. But this just shows that he knows how to play the media game just like the rest of them, imo.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by WolfofWar

The majority of Ron Pauls mass appeal comes fromthe 18-25 demographic, a demographic notorious for using internet and cellphones as theyre only communication, many of them might not even have landline phones.

Bingo! 18 to 25 year olds do not vote. They are very vocal and make up most of the more, out of the mainstream political ideas. They don't vote, they just complain. It has been that way generation after generation. To win he needs the 35+ vote or he does not have a chance.

18 to 25 year olds don't vote! Are you sure? because i am 18 and i am voting for Ron Paul. Many of my classmates in the graduating year of 2007 are voting for him too. So i wouldn't say that 18 to 25 year olds don't vote. Because me and my classmates would disagree!

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well, I'd ask the last guy who counted on the young vote - John Kerry. Despite MTV and rappers calling for the youth vote in 2004, they stayed away in droves on election day.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Wow, I saw at least two replies within a matter minutes after I originally posted this thread...Here it is, the very next day & it's already a mutli-pager. Thank you, thank you! I'd like to say, "No applause, just throw money," but I found an Applause for this thread in my U2U box already today.

Originally posted by shadow watcher
I try really hard not to see a conspiracy agenda behind the blocking of Ron Paul...

Personally, I have no doubt that there's some kind of conspiracy behind the attempts to block Ron Paul: If you've read the articles I linked closely enough, they state that the very same groups that hosted the Iowa rally & have been consistently agreeing with Ron Paul's issues are the very same people who refused to let Ron participate. To me, that sounds like those sponsor-groups were put under some kind of pressure to refuse Ron's participation.

Originally posted by Mekanic
So what I'd like to know, is when Ron Paul beats the hell out of all of the other GOP candidates, while the GOP wants to deny his existence, who will get the nomination? How does that work?

From what I can figure, a massive "grass roots support" behind Ron Paul would be the best thing, if he doesn't get selected for the Primaries...I have already provided a link to his campaign website, so have at it & give 'em all hell!

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
People want a president who abides by the constitution, thats why his popularity is growing fast.

My main question would be, "Will he be able to get enough popular support, despite "mainstream, corporate-controlled, politically-biased mass media" attempts to keep Ron in the dark, before the Primary candidates are selected?" After all, as I just pointed out a moment ago, grass roots support seems to be all Ron can really count on.

Originally posted by tyranny22
Tell everyone you know to VOTE for the person – NOT the party!

This is the key point about "modern" bi-partisan politics in practice: Both parties want to get complete government control over The People, regardless of their legally binding Oath to obey the Constitution while in Office; Liberals want to enforce socially binding laws, whereas the Conservatives create the fear of an excessively-huge body of laws.

No, it's not just the President who must take the Oath:

US Constitution
Article 2, Section 1:
Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

And...

US Constitution
Article 6, Last Clause:
The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

Note that this includes the entire government structure (all three Branches) on both Federal & State levels!

Originally posted by gunner36
That made me happy this morning, I do believe that the word is starting to spread, people are waking up.

IMO, I could actually thank the Bush Administration for this! Why? Because Bully Boy Bush & his Corporate Crony Gang have pulled so many shenannigans during the past 7 years that the government just can't keep the corruption hidden anymore!

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
All of this "charisma" garbage started with the election of Mr. Clinton. People don't vote based on the issues; they vote for the guy that "looks the best or seems the nicest."

I partially agree; I think it's more of a matter with how well a candidate can put his "corporate sponsor's" money to work...Case in point:

McCain cuts staff after low fundraising
WASHINGTON - Republican John McCain struggled to keep his deeply troubled campaign afloat Monday, laying off dozens of staffers after lackluster fundraising and excessive spending left him with just $2 million for his second presidential bid.
Considered the GOP front-runner just six months ago, the Arizona senator trails his top rivals in money and polls. McCain's fortunes soured this year as he embraced President Bush's troop increase for the Iraq war, a conflict a majority of Republicans support, and a bipartisan immigration bill that has divided the GOP.
------------
McCain raised just $11.2 million in the second financial quarter of the year, which ended Saturday. That was less than the $13.6 million he brought in during the year's first three months when he came in third behind Mitt Romney and Rudy Giuliani.
------------
"At one point, we believed that we would raise over $100 million during this calendar year, and we constructed a campaign that was based on that assumption," Nelson said. That, he said, proved to be wrong.
-------------
But the money hasn't come in as expected, and the initial spending soared.

So what does something like this say about how McCain would perform if he gets into the White House? He can't even manage his campaign spending, so how bad would the US economy get if he's elected into Office?!!

Originally posted by MacSen191
I'm 25 and I have voted ever since I was 18 years old, even though I don't like politics and don't think it will help anyway... but do just in the off chance it might.

I'm in my 40's (Yeah, I'm "over the hill"...So what?) & have been voting since I turned 18. But I think 2008 may be the very first time I've voted for something other than "No Confidence."

Originally posted by geemony
It was a doubleedged answer. I dont really like the electoral college concept but dont really know much about it. I believe any elected position should be counted with votes by citizens. One person One vote that is the way it was meant to be.

Well, in general, the Electorial College has (historically speaking) been in line with Popular Vote...But it's not required to do so.

Originally posted by jsobecky
I hate to be a naysayer, but I wouldn't read too much into the crowd sizes...

True, but I was only referring to what the article said. It was printed in an "independant" newspaper, so I'm a bit more likely to put credence in that than a "naysayer." No offense intended, JSOBecky; To your credit, you're one of the few ATS frequent-posters who actually make me think...At least occasionally.

I do like some of the things that Paul is saying. But this just shows that he knows how to play the media game just like the rest of them, imo.

Yeah, so when you're outnumbered & outgunned in a "tag-team match," but can still keep moving in the game, you gotta give him credit for that.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
We all know it's going to be Hillary vs Gulliani in the final round, with us losing no matter what. We can support Ron Paul all we want, but unless a revolution occurs, he's never getting into the White House.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
We all know it's going to be Hillary vs Gulliani in the final round, with us losing no matter what. We can support Ron Paul all we want, but unless a revolution occurs, he's never getting into the White House.

I agree. I will be exercising my right to vote as I turn 18 before the election and Ron Paul gets my vote...if there is one

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   

We all know it's going to be Hillary vs Gulliani in the final round, with us losing no matter what...

Well, I've seen Gulliani a couple of weeks ago or so appearing on "The Late Show with David Letterman." He did make a few good points, but most of what he talked about still runs contrary to Constitutional Oath & Duty.

Hillary? I have no idea what to believe of anything Hillary says, except that she comes across as a comepletely self-centered, self-serving, self-contradicting woman who thinks that the rest of the world owes her a living...I'm not sure that I'd want someone like that in the White House (or anywhere else in Government, for that matter).

If it comes down to this choice, I'd have to cast yet another vote for "No Confidence."

[edit on 3-7-2007 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by geemony

Geemoney, the electorate is basically the states that you win. If you win California, Texas and Florida, you are practically guaranteed the election unless you win absolutely no other states.

Every state has an x amount of electorates, with Texas,California New York and Florida being the biggest ones.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownAngel

18 to 25 year olds don't vote! Are you sure? because i am 18 and i am voting for Ron Paul. Many of my classmates in the graduating year of 2007 are voting for him too. So i wouldn't say that 18 to 25 year olds don't vote. Because me and my classmates would disagree!

They really don't. It came out in the 2000 election that only twenty-nine percent of 18-30 year olds participate in political elections.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

I partially agree; I think it's more of a matter with how well a candidate can put his "corporate sponsor's" money to work...Case in point:

WASHINGTON - Republican John McCain struggled to keep his deeply troubled campaign afloat Monday, laying off dozens of staffers after lackluster fundraising and excessive spending left him with just $2 million for his second presidential bid.
Considered the GOP front-runner just six months ago, the Arizona senator trails his top rivals in money and polls. McCain's fortunes soured this year as he embraced President Bush's troop increase for the Iraq war, a conflict a majority of Republicans support, and a bipartisan immigration bill that has divided the GOP.
------------
McCain raised just $11.2 million in the second financial quarter of the year, which ended Saturday. That was less than the $13.6 million he brought in during the year's first three months when he came in third behind Mitt Romney and Rudy Giuliani.
------------
"At one point, we believed that we would raise over $100 million during this calendar year, and we constructed a campaign that was based on that assumption," Nelson said. That, he said, proved to be wrong.
-------------
But the money hasn't come in as expected, and the initial spending soared.

So what does something like this say about how McCain would perform if he gets into the White House? He can't even manage his campaign spending, so how bad would the US economy get if he's elected into Office?!!

Well, Midnight, I don't think we have to worry about McCain getting the nomination. True conservatives will never vote for him because of his stance on the whole border issue. That is partially why I am not sold on Ron Paul.

With him being of a libertarian frame of mind, I don't think that he would be willing to do what it's going to take to secure our national borders. Without a plan that will satisfy the conservative base, I am not sure he can pull through.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I really don't see Giuliani getting the nomination for the Republicans. I personally look for it to be Mitt Romney. I'd vote for him a lot quicker than I would Giuliani.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I hate to be a naysayer, but I wouldn't read too much into the crowd sizes. Most likely, the candidates forum was invite-only while Paul's rally was open to the public. And you can be sure that Paul's supporters in Iowa were pounding the phones beforehand to get the people to attend his rally.

I have been outside the WMUR studio in Manchester, NH during many debates over the years. It is a circus! Every participant has its group backing with banners, signs and lots of screaming and chanting. Usually there is also a band. Even in sub zero weather this happens. I realize because NH has the first primary it may be unique the way the supporters turn out during a debate.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

If you really want an official elected president, I suggest you participate in an active campaign. It's not hard to find a way in which you can help. I just (painfully) joined the Republican National Party in order to become a local delegate. It takes time, but you can work your way up and eventually YOU could be determining who gets the national nomination.

Other than that, put out a yard signs, Print out fliers, inserts, and brochures from www.ronpaul2008.com... and pass them out everywhere you can.

All it takes is a little complacency in order to be ignored by those that "represent" us.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Here is the interview George Noorey (sp) from Coast to Coast C2C when he had Ron Paul on....

Digg it!!

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisabledVet
Here is the interview George Noorey (sp) from Coast to Coast C2C when he had Ron Paul on....

Digg it!!

You see, that is why he won't win the Republican vote. He mentioned the republican stance on the border as being "bad." Really? So, Mr. Paul, what do you suggest we do about our borders, just continue to leave them wide open as we have always done?

To be quite honest, he'd be better suited to run for the Democratic nomination than the Republican,him and Mr Giuliani both.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
And of course Family Guy's mix with the debates....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join