It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Strikes Back!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

You see, that is why he won't win the Republican vote. He mentioned the republican stance on the border as being "bad." Really? So, Mr. Paul, what do you suggest we do about our borders, just continue to leave them wide open as we have always done?

To be quite honest, he'd be better suited to run for the Democratic nomination than the Republican,him and Mr Giuliani both.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

Ron Paul on border security: border security and immigration reform

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If the republicans shut him out, I wonder if he would run as an independent.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

That is partially why I am not sold on Ron Paul...
...With him being of a libertarian frame of mind, I don't think that he would be willing to do what it's going to take to secure our national borders. Without a plan that will satisfy the conservative base, I am not sure he can pull through.

You see, that is why he won't win the Republican vote. He mentioned the republican stance on the border as being "bad." Really? So, Mr. Paul, what do you suggest we do about our borders, just continue to leave them wide open as we have always done?

Just because Ron says that the Republican stance is "bad" means only that the "Republican stance" is bad. Have you really looked at Ron Paul's Campaign website?...His views about Immigration starts with Border Security & continues with enforcement of criminal immigration problems.
Don't let yourselves fall into the standard "political mud-slinging tactics" that many candidates get stuck in...If you're going to complain about what any candidate says, then its best to find out what he really says first.

This is a little quote straight off his website:

He is known among his congressional colleagues and his constituents for his consistent voting record. Dr. Paul never votes for legislation unless the proposed measure is expressly authorized by the Constitution.

To me, Ron Paul seems to be more of a Constitutionalist than Democrat, Republican or Libertarian. Personally, I think it's way past time to get more people into government that will actually adhere to their legally binding Oaths to obey the Constitution for as long as they're in Office!

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
That's awesome. Just shows how much his support is growing.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Ron Paul will never get the Republican nomination. He is not part of the machine. If you really want him to have any chance at all, encourage and convince him to run as a third party candidate. It can be done; remember Joe Lieberman in the last election. The Democratic party snubbed him so he ran as an Indy and won his Senate seat over the party's puppet.

It has to be done quickly, however. Time is running out for this election. And there are no guarantees of success. But it is the only chance he has, imo.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Call 1-800 RON-PAUL for a free bumper sticker or two!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I saw my first ron paul banner today on the highway!!
I thought I was going to be the only RI supported he had.

Ron Paul did run as an independent last time he tried. He feels the rep. ticket will get him further this time.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Well, I didn't realize that his stance on the border issue was similar to mine.
I guess the media doesn't want everyone to know this, so they push the "social libertarian" idea about Paul.

First, he says something that I completely and passionately agree with.To me, this is just common sense.

Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
Ron paul

Amen to this one as well!!

No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.

This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

Insanity indeed. I am glad there is a politician who actually "gets it."

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
A Ron Paul meetup group went to a Florida Marlins baseball game and were actually told by security that since their signs read "Ron Paul 2008" they could not show them

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Well, I didn't realize that his stance on the border issue was similar to mine.
I guess the media doesn't want everyone to know this, so they push the "social libertarian" idea about Paul.

First, he says something that I completely and passionately agree with.To me, this is just common sense.

Insanity indeed. I am glad there is a politician who actually "gets it."

See now? This is what we are all trying to say. Before I heard of RP, I was so fed up with politicians, that I wasn't even going to vote this election. After Bush, I lost faith in the republicans, I really don't care for Guiliani and McCain either. The democrats, well, I'm getting tired of them saying they'll fix it, but only to spite the republicans.

When I read up on RP, I couldn't believe it. I found somebody that I could agree with on probably 95% of the issues.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
A Ron Paul meetup group went to a Florida Marlins baseball game and were actually told by security that since their signs read "Ron Paul 2008" they could not show them

www.youtube.com...

that sucks.

like they said ... it must have been Fox Sports Network and it was a conflict of interest.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung

And then I would have told them that they're trying to restrict my Freedom of Speech...And if they don't give me (a paying customer) access to my designated seat that they could go "F" themselves AFTER the lawsuit!

Originally posted by Mekanic
Before I heard of RP, I was so fed up with politicians, that I wasn't even going to vote this election.

Well, not voting at all tells nothing to nobody...At least, if I didn't want to vote for anybody, I'd still be telling them, "No Confidence."
BTW, if anyone is leery about using the "paperless" voting machines, just request for an Absentee Ballot...It gets around that "sabotaged machinery" controversy altogether. Also, the more that people use Absentee Ballots, it tells "them" that we know better than to let our votes wind up "untrackable."

[edit on 5-7-2007 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Yesterday while driving I was shocked to see tons of Ron Paul 2008 signs everywhere I drove in my area of Tampa Bay. Props to whoever put up all those signs as they picked some of the busiest roads and intersections inthe area. And they were all over, I saw some down by the beaches then a bunch more probably 20 miles inland.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownAngel

18 to 25 year olds don't vote! Are you sure? because i am 18 and i am voting for Ron Paul. Many of my classmates in the graduating year of 2007 are voting for him too. So i wouldn't say that 18 to 25 year olds don't vote. Because me and my classmates would disagree!

Great! It is the right way to cause change.

Feel free to check me out on this. The older you are the more likely you are to vote. Remember that all those people who tell you they are going to vote don't actually get to the poles.

This link is old but it will give you the idea -
Voters by age.

I think many convince themselves their vote is meaningless to justify not voting in their minds. Some are scared to vote or afraid of getting called for jury duty. Some just plain don't care.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I just donated $100.00 to Ron Paul..and will do so every month untill is elected or is kicked out.

America is waking up and the grumbling you hear isn't out fat stomachs sitting on the couch....its the 80% or so of us that are fed up with the BS that masquerades as our government....

Ever wonder why Ron Paul articles dont really have alot of detractors trying to slam him on issues....it's because Ron has the ONLY voting record in office that speak for itself...

And about his beating McCain with his raising money...sure you may say "well 2.4 million isn't close to enough to make a difference in a presidential campaign"

Sure it isn't enough for "MOST" canidates.... but remember we are dealing with the only candidate that actually RETURNS money to his government from his office each year....Dr. Paul knows how to pinch a penny way more than any of the other candidates combined...the proof is in the pudding... he has come this far on a shoestring budget...2.4 million to Ron Paul is like 8 million to another candidate....this alone is proof that he can Run our country right.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
OK, I just read through his site. If he is speaking truthfully he has my attention. I got turned off to him because of the radical groups that have latched on to him. I'll have to take a real hard look at his voting record and his qualifications. Still, I see his implied support of some extremist positions as a red flag.

If I find he is into this Maritime Law bunk
I've had an interaction with that crowd of frauds. A lot of their proponents wear white hoods at times. I hope he is not one of them, I really do.

There goes my weekend
I hope I find a good man in my research.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
OK, I just read through his site. If he is speaking truthfully he has my attention. I got turned off to him because of the radical groups that have latched on to him. I'll have to take a real hard look at his voting record and his qualifications. Still, I see his implied support of some extremist positions as a red flag.

If I find he is into this Maritime Law bunk
I've had an interaction with that crowd of frauds. A lot of their proponents wear white hoods at times. I hope he is not one of them, I really do.

There goes my weekend
I hope I find a good man in my research.

Yes take a good look at his voting record...you will find that it is like no other...he more true to our founding fathers ideals than any other politician in America.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
Great news
I wonder how long they will be able to "hide" Ron Paul from the public. People want a president who abides by the constitution, thats why his popularity is growing fast.

As I stated, the recent polls show him at just 2%. I don't see how that can be construed to mean that his "popularity is growing fast."

I suppose I should of read all the posts prior to writing this but...................
As I am such most folks would agree, name recognition is a huge factor. Having researched over thirty polls ( questions ask, number of folks contacted ) I was somewhat taken-a-back
Dr.Pauls name did not appear on the majority of the polls I looked at.
One would think that when a sitting Congressmen of twenty plus years running in the primary, states he would like to abolish the IRS, It would be headline news. If for no other reason then to berate him in front of the masses of misinformed . That didn't happen, and I would suggest it was an intentional act by the media.
When your own party is against you, things look a tad grim. When you submit a bill to abolish the Fed Reserve board of directors ,which he did a few weeks ago. You will make no friends and some very serious enemies. Hence his 2% rating. However he is gathering a rather large following, which will more then likely increase as his name becomes more popular.
The powers that be will be more then happy to accept, Hill,Ob,Rudy or McC.......they are all on the same team. Ron Paul is not, an that presents a problem they will address in a civil, yet underhanded way, or if required................well we all know what that means.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Blaine, even if there is a point or two that you don't find Ron Paul to be exactly on the same page as you, you might still see him as the best candidate out there.

Let's be real, it's pretty hard to find someone in politics or personal life that agrees with us all the time. So unless you yourself run, there's not likely to be the perfect candidate for you.

The same holds true for all of us. There are a few things that I feel he has a "wrong" take on, but overall, I think he is as near to what America should be about as can possibly be found.

Glad you're taking the time and effort to look at this guy. That's all anyone could ask for. And if enough people will look at him, and what he stands for, and his record, then he will win. I refuse to think that people would prefer the rest of these "yes men/women" to a person that has proven he wants to follow the Constitution.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Thats great....that you did your research and are finding out for yourself about Ron.

Thats possibly the best thing about spreading the word about him...you dont really have to worry about any "blowback" (For those of you following Ron you will get that little pun
) as you don't have to "sell" Ron to anyone... Ron sells himself... His voting record is the ONLY record in complete adherence to our nations Constitution...no other candidate can make or prove such a record.

We need no we HAVE to stop our out of control government...we are slouching towards Gomorrah.....the ever wider acceptance that things are getting worse and we cant do anything about them...which is EXACTLY what our government wants.

I tell you this... if ever there was a chance to make our Government com clean on aliens, UFO's, Roswell, secret societies and things that go bump in the night... it will take a man like Ron Paul to force them to make good with the American people... they are OUR public SERVANTS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join