It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car crashes into airport building at Glasgow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
New Terror alert

Glasgow Airport has been evacuated following reports that a car has struck the main terminal building and burst into flames.

All flights have been suspended following the incident which happened on Saturday afternoon.

Eyewitnesses have described a Jeep Cherokee being driven at speed towards the building with flames coming out from underneath.

The fire and ambulance service are at the scene along with the police.

news.bbc.co.uk...

2 asian men have reportedly been captured and arrested.

Car exploded - on BBC news24 now.

[edit on 30/6/2007 by budski]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
i live 3 miles from the airport, its strange when this stuff comes close to home instead of reading it online.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I am watching it, whoever did that was a serious idiot. I mean what were they thinking?! Lame.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
why aren't they showing any live footage? Just Photos? There must be dozens of cameras and reporters there. There were reports of additional explosions too and they have evacuated the airport, and diverted all air traffic from landing! Why show the same single frame over and over

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by VicRH
why aren't they showing any live footage? Just Photos? There must be dozens of cameras and reporters there. There were reports of additional explosions too and they have evacuated the airport, and diverted all air traffic from landing! Why show the same single frame over and over

The police have a wide cordon set up and the cameras are unable to see from their positions. I would imagine a no-fly zone is also in in effect so helicopters would be out as well.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
hmm.. there were two explosions according to some witnesses. Molotov cocktails don't really go boom, unless that was the sound of the jeep smashing into the building.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I am really glad they caught these guys, their story should be rather interesting to hear.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
one of the guys was attacking people whilst on fire! He was shouting 'allah' everytime he threw a punch!

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Jeez,
these people are nuts.

These attacks have all the hallmarks of amateurs - they've caught youths/youngmen overdosing on bravado.

This is not the work of al'qaeda, except for propaganda/expendables.

As MR.T said - AH PITY DA FOOLS

But I still hope they don't try any more targets

[edit on 30/6/2007 by budski]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I bet you £10 they were on hard drugs of some type like PCP.

Loss of sense of pain, psychic experiences, states of panic and fear of death lasting for several days. Bizarre, compulsive and violent behavior, involuntary eye movement, rigid muscles, loss of gag and corneal reflexes. Arching of the body, coma, alternating high and low blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, irregular breathing, severe nausea and vomiting, alternating high and low body temperature. Loss of memory and thought processes, ongoing speech problems, depression, toxic psychosis as aggressive and assaultive behavior, hallucinations.

sounds about right, minus the fear of death, which was probably enduced by the coc aine and alcohol. I hope they do a blood check on these guys.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

one of the guys was attacking people whilst on fire! He was shouting 'allah' everytime he threw a punch!

Correct this is the work of the Islamofacists.They don't have to be members of al qaeda they just have to share the same ideals,

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdang

Correct this is the work of the Islamofacists.They don't have to be members of al qaeda they just have to share the same ideals,

Nope - they just have to be nutters

There's a lot of it about.

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Given the devices inplay in london - love the sanquine attitude of some posters - if this is even a copy cat im pretty worried. Perhaps some of you remember 7/7 this a serious attempt to maim and kill people - or does that mean nothing ?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
As ther IRA (or did we all forget them ?) said today you were lucky - you only have to be lucky every day - we only have to get lucky once (An Phoblacht 1984)

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
Given the devices inplay in london - love the sanquine attitude of some posters - if this is even a copy cat im pretty worried. Perhaps some of you remember 7/7 this a serious attempt to maim and kill people - or does that mean nothing ?

I take your point, but the two attacks this week have been a bit amateur and have no real backing - in other words, a couple of over excited eejits - al'qaeda wouldn't have bailed out of the car

so my opinion is that they're a couple of wannabes and will soon be dealt with

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I would love to see a reconstruction made by the BBC, It would be hilarious. Can you imagine how dumb you have to be to try something like that? These guys were total morons, it would be like watching an episode of laurel and hardy play terrorist or something.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Muslim Council of Britain says could be the work of "Muslims, Christians, Jews or Buddhists."
Wishful thinking.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdang
Muslim Council of Britain says could be the work of "Muslims, Christians, Jews or Buddhists."
Wishful thinking.

Probably is wishful thinking - I don't know of any other groups which are active at the moment - the only real alternative is the IRA (or some splinter group) but it's been a while since they were active.

I've just been reading that one of the men arrested is a doctor!

Hope I don't get sick anytime soon.......

top topics

join