It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whispering in my ears

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
This experience has happened three times now.. two times on the same morning.

I was just waking up and i heard a woman making a "shhhhh" noise and it was comming from above around me.. i couldnt pin point the direction of the noise. however what was strange was that it happened when i was just waking up.. i would open my eyes lye there in my bed and all of a sudden a "shhhhhhh" noise would sound off... first of all i just put it down to that it maybe i was hearing things and didnt think much of it. however my flat is on the top floor and there was no one around. when it happened the second time i got a bit freaked out but instead of getting out of bed i went back sleep thinking that it was just a coinciendence it happened again... but as i woke up the same soft whispering "shhhhhh" happened again and at this point I got up and carried on with my day a little weirded out.

Ive had experiences of something tapping my arm whlist ive been asleep as well the other night.. im not sure if these are connected..

Just thought id share this experience with you guys. x

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
That really does scare me, I hope that never happens to me.
What if some spirit is trying to tell you something?

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
In a state of hypagogia (wake/sleep border) it can seem like you see and hear (and even smell/taste) things that are not there. I once did the whold morning routine just to become lucid and notice I didn't do anything yet.
This would be the most logical explenation. A little more "spooky" theory should be added too. Have you ever noticed (in whatever way) a ghost in your house? Could be its trying to contact you..
If you happen to be sure there's not, I'd stick to the hypagogia theory.

- Chris

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The problem with things like this is you never know if someone is using electronics on you. Today there are ways to send signals miles into peoples brains, without being near them.

If they are real, you also have to consider these things too. Not to say its your answer.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I thought of the possibility of it being hypagogia as i do experience sleep paralysis. But this was very much a "im wide awake" out of my dream state lucid wakening time. (i have lucid dreams and i remember my dreams every night and when i have sleep paralysis its hard to wake up but this was different to hpyagogia and sleep paralysis) it was like I woke up and i was just about to move and get out of bed and then i would hear the "shhhh" like she was trying to make me go back to sleep or something or just get my attention which it did.

The strange thing that connects this "shhhh" sound to anything paronormal is that my friends mother also died about 3 days prior to all this happening. im not saying that it was or was not my friends mum trying to keep me asleep but it was a little spooky that this happened around this time. I just cant explain it, i definatly heard this noise and i was awake not about to wake. very strange and it has not happened since though...

I do not think i have a ghost in my house there are a lot of crystals in my bedroom which probably creates a lot of energy...

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
The problem with things like this is you never know if someone is using electronics on you. Today there are ways to send signals miles into peoples brains, without being near them.

If they are real, you also have to consider these things too. Not to say its your answer.

Yeh probably... I can imagine the goverments playing with our minds via external electronical sources to control us all... who knows? think out of electronic signaling, ghosts, hypagogia id like it to be a ghost or hypagogia!

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
misuneko- i understand where your going, it may be. But when trying to come to conclusions you have to consider what all possibilities are.

I know people do not like to talk about people using electronics on them, but these things do go on today, i was just trying to point you to one answer. Some here may have more experience with the paranormal.

But just be aware that these things exist, and theres plenty of evil people out there, just waiting to send you in some direction.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Yeh i didnt really think about electronical brain patterning... think im a little to positive thinking and hoping.. rather than thinking that there is an organisation out there pressing a button that controls society with radio waves... (however now come to think of it every time i turn on my TV in a more obvious way how we are given so much negativity though that medium it wouldnt surprise me that someone out there is also sending us information that isnt so obvious.)

But im still standing by the fact that this noise coincided with my best friends mother dying... just a tad coincidental maybe. who knows?

Im open minded to it being anything orginary or not!
x

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
But just to open your mind to it. Remember before all the electronic age, you could be sure that it was a paranormal experience, in a way. But today you have to accept that there are more possibilities.

But at least you have this board to come too, and i am sure there may be more possibilities of what happened, i am not saying it is definately electronic.

Writing about events here, also may draw attention of those. That may be the reason this board may be here, to get people out into the open who think about these things.

If you see that 1 million dollar challenge for any paranormal ability. No body has won, and it is sure that they use it in a way to find people who think they have abilities.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I think we all have the abilites to contact spirits etc... I think if anything electronic is going on... it would be the people who are trying to stop these events from taking place. I think we have been supressed for long enough and the only way is to look internally so that you can feel what is going on inside and around you.

I like the fact that i get a different perspective on here... like what you have suggested and i will definatly keep this in mind. But I do think both options, it being a spirit talking to me or somebody "human" sending out eletronical signals to me, the spirit wins at the moment. Unless the many years of working in broadcasting has allowed me to pick up on the signals that are transmitted through the monitors and now im actually hearing what the signals sound like.. now that would be interesting.

x

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I agree we do have abilities, to do various things. But remember what i said, if you are coming here, this may be a place for others to watch. Like that paranormal challenge i stated above.

Try to understand various things, and get as much info as you can. Then let yourself make the decision on what is happening to you. You will find if you give yourself information, on all these things, more of this information will just come to you.

I do not know what sort of life you have had, or what your experiences are. Just be careful the road you take if you are taking this road. Information is always the key to understanding things, and the more you have the more free you mind and body will be.

You may indeed be in contact with something, but the more info you get the more you will understand your self.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
it was your spirit guide, spirit guide, spirit guide, spirit guide, spirit guide. end of story.

go to google and enter spirit guides. go to the ones from cyrstallinks.

if you can hear whispering from them please try to persue this more

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Hmmm, maybe you have a ghostly stalker.

I wonder if it could be somehow possible to bang a ghost...I'd do it...

This isn't helping is it? Sorry.

I'll agree with the person above me. Spirit guide.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
You have a great oportunity here. It is obvious from the crystals and lucid dreaming that you have allowed yourself to open up to the nuances of life. There are many things that we do not notice do to our busy lives. When we are asleep we are able to open up to these things that we miss. Do not worry about ghosts or electronic manipulations. True these things in one way or another can affect us, but what you are dealing with is something differant, something much more personal. The feminen voice is your higher self, your teacher. The "shooosh" is a very basic and easily understandable command. Listen to it, do not react with emotion or try to analyze it. When you go to bed, make a concious and vocalized decision to pay attention to what it is telling you, wether it is a feeling or a command to rest. When you wake up, do nothing. Just relax and clear your mind. Think about the dreams you had that night. Do not think about anything concerning your daily rutine, just listen and clear your mind of thoughts. If you hear the shoosh, listen to it, relax, and let your feelings guide you back to sleep. This may very well be your next step in lucidity. Remeber, the road to enlightenment is long and hard, it will not happen overnight so be patient and trust your better judgement. Do not listen to the world, listen to your teacher. Feel free to ask if you have anymore questions and let us know, if you feel comforatble, how it worked out.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by misuneko

But im still standing by the fact that this noise coincided with my best friends mother dying... just a tad coincidental maybe. who knows?

the 'sshhhh' or the sound of a wind in your internal hearing,
does not necessarily have its origin in a recently deceased person
within your circle of family or friends....
it could be your own focus being deepened and a increase of your 'spirituality' quotent because of your friends-mother's mortality
hitting your psyche....
we all deal with the abruptness of death in different ways.

in the pre-crowded cities days, your kind of experience would have been explained as Spirits, be they comforting or elsewise...by the elders or shamans within your social network.

I'm sure we can rule out the audio stuff of schizophrenics (which i'm one).
just as a side note, the sounds i hear include the wind,
or sometimes the buzz/drone which sound like cicadas,
or often the sounds of wind-chimes in a state of a mild/pleasant din of 'music' if one listens intently for a faint/hidden rhythm-tempo

i'm leaning to an inner dialog explaination, as your attuning your self to a deeper inquiry of your spirit-soul-psyche-worldview...and the 'sound' was
a call by your spiritual self to see if your waking, ordinary reality world
is paying attention....and then making a conscious decision to investigate
or just mark it up as a weird anomality

thanks from another lay-man, non-titled , no-degree, non lettered person

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I've had it when i'm just falling asleep then it sounds like a woman is saying something in my ear. Proper freaked me out and woke me right back up the first time! I think it was something to do with when some part of your brain is awake and others aren't or something, i'm not too sure. But i'd say that yours is probably the same sort of thing.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Just curious, but you many want to find out where the gas lines run in your building. Sometimes Gas lines can create all sorts of odd noises and the "shhh" sound you described sounds like it could be just that...gas rushing through one of the lines. Also, how airtight it your flat? Even small places that a slight breeze might rush into could project the sound quite a bit further than you might think. Personally, I have quite good hearing myself (probably developed over the many years of music training and pitch recognition) and I can literally hear a pin drop in another room. I hear many tones and sounds that no one else I know hears, and friends and family have always commented that my ears seem to pick up things that they cannot hear themselves. If you have good hearing yourself it is quite possible that you are picking up miniscule sounds from other places rather than your own room.

On top of that, have you ever talked with a physician about what you have been hearing? Hearing things that may or may not be there could be a symptom of another problem. In fact, a buildup of ear wax can obstruct the passage to your ear drum in such a way that a "hissing" or "shhh"-ing sound could be observed. Other things like ear infections, Tinnitus, Auditory Nerve Damage, Meniere's Disease, and even Anemia which is a lack of red blood cells that reduces the amount of oxygen in your blood can cause sounds to develop somewhere in the ear canal.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Haha when it happened to me I actually heard a woman saying right into my ear "y'allright duck!?"

(it's a northern english saying and i don't even live in northern england lol)

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Yes! i'm not the only one

i have experienced that too (no joke)

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I've also experienced whispering while outside in broad day light!

I was walking behind the Lutheran church in Fredrikstad underneath some very large trees. Then suddenly I heard someone whisper "Hei" (Hello) It happened only for a second. But the feeling. It'll never leave me. It's like it was all around me. (Like I was encompased in the whisper.)

And as I said, this was during the day. Sun was shining and people were going on with their business. So I'm sure there's something to the OP's experience.

Frontkjemper

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join